Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster (31036 Views)

3 Underrated But Lucrative Skills That Will Make You Rich / 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century / Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by HERSLEY(f): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
vizkiz:
I hope having knowledge in Catering and tailoring will get you a job in an oil company. undecided

Apart from those two bullshìt, the rest is accurate.

By the way if you have knowledge in all these fields, why do you even need to write a CV in the first place?

This thread reeks of exclusive bullshìtness
Haba shocked
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by oakslid: 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
Poor writeup sad
Skill sets are meant to address specific job requirements.
What does catering has to do with a project engineer job position?
or tailoring with a teaching position?
This write-up is misleading , MOD please take it off

1 Like

Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by UjSizzle(f): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
Still looking for the relationship between the title and the content of this topic.

1 Like

Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
sekem:

Exactly!!!
Very good question
I'm so glad you're very smart
Keep it up, okay?

Thanks!
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by Omuneizzy6(m): 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
perfect one... I love this..
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
That computer own is good.
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by Rilwayne001: 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
Mechanic and Graphic designing kiss kiss
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by SmartyPants(m): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
So I should put catering and tailoring on my cv when applying to Gtb?

Amazing.

1 Like

Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by Horlardorjah(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2017
vizkiz:
I hope having knowledge in Catering and tailoring will get you a job in an oil company. undecided

By the way if you have knowledge in all these fields, why do you even need to write a CV in the first place?

as un-knowledgeable as u are, oil company's do have their own outfit which are sown to specifications. e.t.c overalls n lab coats which are given out as contract to no other people but designers.

likewise, they do employ chefs,cooks to cater for their offshore staffs feeding as well. how do u expect sailors, oil rig technicians/engineers to survive, they have people employed as chefs,cooks,designers under their organizations with specific designations.

Nigeria army, navy, has cooks and so does others. our mentality is low as to see opportunities beyond being emeka d tailor n mama saki that amends your dirty boxers short n others. no profession is useless.
#cheers.

1 Like

Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by davide470(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hahaha.. This your mouth ehn.

Btw, you ain't far from the truth!
vizkiz:

Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by Funkychic(f): 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
vizkiz:

Meaning that u seek for job opportunity only in an oil company, right?
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by Henrypraise: 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
vizkiz:

my brother don't over look any of dem, I will draw ur attention to a situation, I was working offshore one tym, n we have a rotation of 3months in n 1month out, most guys grow afro n beards cos of d long duration, I had learnt how to barb hair as a teen (n yes its stated on my CV), I took my personal clipper wit me offshore n I became a safety man and a barber charging 2k for foreigners n 1k for nationals, one tym during pep talk, I chipped it in n dat was all I needed to advertise my small business... I made almost 70k on barbing during a rotation...

now u may want to ask how does dis service serve an oil company? during one of our HSE meetings, top management flew in wit chopper, n de were asking how come almost everybody was looking clean? A hand shake was a lot of recognition for me from top management...

also a colleague who was a gud body builder, turned d gym instructor on d platform...

talking abt tailor? imagine if u cud sew n cud amend coveralls to size or amend damaged coveralls on an oil rig b4 disbursement of new ppe?

des skills are not part of ur job, but de cud make management tink twice abt demobbing u during down time...

hope I spoke well...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by vizkiz: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
Henrypraise:

my brother don't over look any of dem, I will draw ur attention to a situation, I was working offshore one tym, n we have a rotation of 3months in n 1month out, most guys grow afro n beards cos of d long duration, I had learnt how to barb hair as a teen (n yes its stated on my CV), I took my personal clipper wit me offshore n I became a safety man and a barber charging 2k for foreigners n 1k for nationals, one tym during pep talk, I chipped it in n dat was all I needed to advertise my small business... I made almost 70k on barbing during a rotation...

now u may want to ask how does dis service serve an oil company? during one of our HSE meetings, top management flew in wit chopper, n de were asking how come almost everybody was looking clean? A hand shake was a lot of recognition for me from top management...

also a colleague who was a gud body builder, turned d gym instructor on d platform...

talking abt tailor? imagine if u cud sew n cud amend coveralls to size or amend damaged coveralls on an oil rig b4 disbursement of new ppe?

des skills are not part of ur job, but de cud make management tink twice abt demobbing u during down time...

hope I spoke well...

Enlightened. smiley
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by patola080(m): 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
GODKID98:
If you have most of this skills, why would you need a job in the first place??

God will bless you my brother, with all dis skills u re a big boss on ur own and if you re a lower class grt u will get work b4 1st class so far u know oga at d top or if u can slp wit dem well
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by patola080(m): 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2017
GODKID98:
If you have most of this skills, why would you need a job in the first place??

God will bless you my brother, with all dis skills u re a big boss on ur own and if you re a lower class grt u will get work b4 1st class so far u know oga at d top or if u can slp wit dem well .
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by babbiano(m): 9:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
wot of welding and iron bending
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by edkai: 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
Good evening fellow nairalanders. Pardon me for having to deviate from the topic...please I'd like to solicit your support on behalf of one of my protégés. I am a teacher.
Her name is Ayeni Olohije from Edo state. She is contesting for a scholarship position at the Royal Arts Academy courtesy Emem Isong. She needs as many votes as she can get right now. The contest is a very stiff one. So please help her to take a step closer to her dream of being a movie director by following her unique link below and vote for her. You are free to also drop a comment. I assure you, your vote is not wasted. Thank you and God bless you. Here is her link;
http://www.thesparkng.com/rookie-contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=54772
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by mustafa006: 9:42pm On Jul 29, 2017
The Igbos will prefer Evans skills or drug smuggling skills
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
In addition to the job vacancy above, there is job vacancies for HR Managers, Web Developers, Auditors, Teachers, Project Managers and Fresh Graduates.

MPLOY is a recruitment platform that connect employers to job seekers for direct employment. If you have the above listed qualifications please goto > https://www.mploy.com.ng/jobseekers/login

In the link page, register as a new user and fill in all your details and qualifications and you will begin to receive job vacancies that match the qualifications you have filled in.

Please ONLY register if you are ready for employment. Individuals still in school or awaiting NYSC should not register.
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
emmymdk:
Seriously?
Why have those skills and still look for a job!
ask me o my sister.
Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by Smartjob1(f): 3:34am On Jul 30, 2017
Well stated Op. Thanks a bunch.

For those still looking for that dream job? Want to recruit easily using the most advanced search engine? Find, connect, share and chat with your favourite employers, jobseekers, mentors and business partners. Join the world's smartest job network www.bejite.com today. It is free!

Re: 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster by youngstarlit(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Careers That Will Be Extinct In 10 Years / Corporals That Beat Their Superior In Lagos, Demoted / Intels Sacks 600 Workers In Rivers, Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.