Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 29/7/17 The Mean Nabal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 29/7/17 The Mean Nabal (299 Views)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 29/9/17 The King's Horse / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional 3/7/17 The All Sufficient Grace / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 17/7/17 The Good God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 29/7/17 The Mean Nabal by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Saturday, July 29, 2017

*Topic:* THE MEAN NABAL
*Read:* 1 Samuel 25:2-12

*MEMORISE:* _Nabal answered David's men, 'Who is this David? Who is this son of Jesse? Many servants are breaking away from their masters these days._ *(1 Samuel 25:10)*

*EXPOSITION*
You stand to suffer avoidable troubles when you become stingy with anything God has blessed you with.

David had been so kind to Nabal's men and his properties. David later was in serious need, hence his call to Nabal for assistance. After all, one good turn deserves another.

Surprisingly, the mean Nabal did not only refuse to help, he also sent unkind words to him. What an ingrate! It was an ample chance for Nabal to get his name written in gold, in David's book, but he wasted the chance. Here was a man who single-handedly possessed 3,000 sheep and 1,000 goats! Taking few of these couldn't have made him poor. Even the entreaty and action of his wife, Abigail, didn't deter him from that selfish disposition. He ended up paying dearly with his life, leaving his treasured and hoarded properties to other people *(Proverbs 11:24)*.

Any lesson from the story? You have nothing that God has not given to you. Why hoarding the money, food, intellect, ideas, innovations, knowledge, etc.? Had it been Nabal had blessed David with his request for assistance, Nabal's untimely death could have been averted. He who chooses to be stingy discovers, sometimes too late, that he is the fool *(Proverbs 11:24ff)*.

The Yoruba sages believe that you can't be stingy and be honourable at the same time. Do away with stinginess. Only open-handedness pays.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* I refuse to follow the footsteps of Nabal, in Jesus' name.
*2.* Lord, give me a truly compassionate heart, and open my eyes and heart of compassion to the plights of the helpless around me.
*3.* Lord, make our churches true places of succour to the hurting.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Leviticus 26-27; Numbers 114

*Author:* CAC WORLDWIDE
Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

At Times I Doubt The Existence Of God Am I A True Christian / Bread Only / We Just Need To Learn To Ask Right!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.