Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,352 members, 7,836,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano (27029 Views)

Throwback: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by omofunaab(m): 12:06am On Jul 30, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

For more than the past 10 years, South East has been leading in Waec results

The last time this debate went on here.

I mean when you guys were shown stats, that South west had performed better than South East generally you guys ended up claiming igbos were in lagos, Oyo and Ogun..... Lol

2 Likes

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by ODVanguard: 12:07am On Jul 30, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

Ogun state must have manufactured that figure from their anus. They think this one is another free money. lol. You forget to mention Anambra too is on the article you quoted but yet has better network of roads than ogun state. Any place it looks like they are sharing money, ogun state will be number one. What is the real debt profile of ogun state. How long before we have another osun in our hands grin grin grin

This will be my last exchange with you coz you're a buffoon. The mere fact that you would compare the amount of pressure and constant repairs Ogun roads have to endure (we're talking about the busiest gateway state that everyone coming in and out of Lagos -- the commercial nerve centre of the entire country -- MUST pass through) to that backwater erosion-ravaged enclave of yours, further exposes your foolishness and stark ignorance.

All your importers have to go through Ogun as they transport their goods to and from the East , and same applies to every other part of the country. In other words, there's absolutely no way anyone can enter or exit Lagos by road (within Nigeria) without going through Ogun roads -- which is why the state's roads are considered to be perhaps the busiest in Africa considering the amount of traffic they attract. Now how the hell are you going to compare the amount of pressure and repairs Ogun roads have to endure to your state's? See why you are very stuppid?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 12:08am On Jul 30, 2017
omofunaab:

The last time this debate went on here.

I mean when you guys were shown stats, that South west had performed better than South East generally you guys ended up claiming igbos were in lagos, Oyo and Ogun..... Lol
I think I wasn't part of that. How hard would this debate be considering most schools in the south west are either under lock and key or just resuming

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 12:11am On Jul 30, 2017
ODVanguard:

[s]This will be my last exchange with you coz you're a buffoon. The mere fact that you would compare the amount of pressure and constant repairs Ogun roads have to endure (we're talking about the busiest gateway state that everyone coming in and out of Lagos -- the commercial nerve centre of the entire country -- MUST pass through) to get to that backwater erosion-ravaged enclave of yours further exposes your foolishness and stark ignorance.

All your importers have to go through Ogun as they transport their goods to and from the East , and same applies to every other part of the country. In other words, there's absoluty no way anyone can enter or exit Lagos without going through Ogun roads -- which is why the state's roads are considered to be perhaps the busiest in Africa considering the amount of traffic it attracts. Now how the hell are you going to compare the amount of pressure and repairs Ogun roads have to endure to your state's? See why you are very stuppid? [/s]
absolute nonsense from the one and only tinubu boy, still haven't answered my question

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by omofunaab(m): 12:16am On Jul 30, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

I think I wasn't part of that. How hard would this debate be considering most schools in the south west are either under lock and key or just resuming

I dey even think say u get sense before.

But Your own potor gene strong gan.

He get all the potor traits... . Stupidity, ignorance, silliness.. Just name it

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by totit: 12:33am On Jul 30, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin

So,after all the portorportor arguments upanda none of obiono boys could tell us where the portor stats was pulled off from grin grin cool

What a shame
I guess I can claim to be billionaire too and no one has the right to ask for the prove of my self acclaim billionaire whether it's true or not grin grin
Lmao see so called adult arguing base on emotion even afte being slapped with facts on the face shocked
Mehn nigeria is messed(mentally) up, common sense no common again abeg grin grin shocked
What a funny country shocked

3 Likes

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Marcelini(m): 12:59am On Jul 30, 2017
aribisala0:
Well WAEC results are subject to cheating .What happens after WAEC ? What happened when Goodluck Jonathan ran his PRESSID scholarship scheme? You can get school teachers to write exams for pupils but it is short termm gain. At the end of the day you are nowhere to be found. Go to Mobil in Eket or the oil sector generally we do not see these miracle WAEC result holders. We don't see the in the IT sector. We don't see them in journalism . We only see them in the "DEVELOPMENT" industry developing India and Thailand

How come that for allthe yearrs of PRESSID theu were missing in action

What happened at the PRESSID? Yorubas never topped it.
The early lead having too many first class candidates from private schools littered in SW gave Yorubas was quickly closed up by Igbos who started enrolling into those private schools and increased the number of Igbo candidates eligible for the PRESSID screening.

Post the last list of PRESSID, let's count scores. https://www.nairaland.com/2271118/pressid-2015-2016-list-successful

On the WAEAC issue, the below was my reply to another fellow who was trading your path:

I served in a SW state too. And the exam malpractice there will make the devil go mad.
But the problem is that most of the SW students were dullards, and copied what was written on the board for them verbatim with no input what so ever of their own. And the end result was massive failure as the WAEC markers are not stupid, they must have noticed that everyone was writing similar things and had marked them all poorly.

A typical SE student is brilliant and naturally intelligent. If you copy answers for them on the board, they won't copy them verbatim, they would modify them and add their own inputs individually, giving the work a form of originality and distinctiveness from those of their fellow students. Enough to convince the WAEC marker that the students were not copying each other.
The end result would be high marks and overall high performance by the school.

So, what ever way you flip it. Taking exam malpractice as a constant in most Nigerian secondary school these days, SE students are generally more hardworking than their SW counterparts, and it does show in their respective WAEC performances.

No need for unnecessary bitterness and calumny campaign like you are doing. Just go work on your people.
https://www.nairaland.com/3942240/waec-abia-rivers-lead-nationwide/5#58889541

2 Likes

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Yyeske(m): 4:53am On Jul 30, 2017
ODVanguard:

See eh, the problem with you guys is that you talk and argue from a position of stark ignorance. As i have earlier established, even your own governor borrowed money to complete projects, and frankly, after revealing how dire Anambra's erosion menace is (at the last count the state govt revealed that there are no less than 700 eriosion sites across the state), I'd be more than willing to borrow some more if I were in his shoes, in order to tackle the problem head-on rather than wait on the FG like he's presently doing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with borrowing as long as it's for a justifiable cause.

The Ogun state you punks are deriding for its debt portfolio used most of that debt on infrastructure, so much so that the FG has come out to acknowledge owing the state close to a billion dollars (₦222.9-billion) in refund for fixing federal roads within its domain, the highest amount owed any state in the country in that regard (that amount represents more than 3 times the amount of debt the state govt currenlty owes). As you can see, the state didn't sit around lamenting and waiting on the FG to come and do its job before taking action. Y'all can take a cue from that instead of bitc.hing and bleating like a bunch of pussi..es.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/03/23/fg-owes-states-n580-5bn-for-roads-rehabilitation/
Whats this one yapping about? Who ever told you no state in Nigeria doesn't have debt abi you read the links given? What is being argued here is about states that borrowed to pay salaries and Anambra was definitely not one.
The federal government is equally oweing the Anambra state government too for repair of roads so tell me what you are blabbing about

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Yyeske(m): 5:00am On Jul 30, 2017
omofunaab:

Lmao, after you guys have been busted with claims like "Anambra doesn't borrow"

Maybe you didn't see in those articles where it was said that Anambra has one of the lowest debt portfolio, we are talking about states borrowing to pay workers like in Ogun state

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Yyeske(m): 5:02am On Jul 30, 2017
totit:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

So,after all the portorportor arguments upanda none of obiono boys could tell us where the portor stats was pulled off from grin grin cool

What a shame
I guess I can claim to be billionaire too and no one has the right to ask for the prove of my self acclaim billionaire whether it's true or not grin grin
Lmao see so called adult arguing base on emotion even afte being slapped with facts on the face shocked
Mehn nigeria is messed(mentally) up, common sense no common again abeg grin grin shocked
What a funny country shocked
email prof Soludo for the answer, he wouldn't pull that up for no reason
http://sunnewsonline.com/anambra-new-thinking-new-politics-2/

E pain am.

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by ivolt: 8:34am On Jul 30, 2017
4watever:

False

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_of_China

There is a difference between Total debts of a country and National debts.

Google it to get an insight.
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by omofunaab(m): 9:08am On Jul 30, 2017
Marcelini:

The early lead having too many first class candidates from private schools littered in SW gave Yorubas was quickly closed up by Igbos who started enrolling into those private schools and increased the number of Igbo candidates eligible for the PRESSID screening.

Post the last list of PRESSID, let's count scores. https://www.nairaland.com/2271118/pressid-2015-2016-list-successful

On the WAEAC issue, the below was my reply to another fellow who was trading your path:

I served in a SW state too. And the exam malpractice there will make the devil go mad.
But the problem is that most of the SW students were dullards, and copied what was written on the board for them verbatim with no input what so ever of their own. And the end result was massive failure as the WAEC markers are not stupid, they must have noticed that everyone was writing similar things and had marked them all poorly.

A typical SE student is brilliant and naturally intelligent. If you copy answers for them on the board, they won't copy them verbatim, they would modify them and add their own inputs individually, giving the work a form of originality and distinctiveness from those of their fellow students. Enough to convince the WAEC marker that the students were not copying each other.

So, what ever way you flip it. Taking exam malpractice as a constant in most Nigerian secondary school these days, SE students are generally more hardworking than their SW counterparts, and it does show in their respective WAEC performances.

No need for unnecessary bitterness and calumny campaign like you are doing. Just go work on your people.

WAEC has debunked that fabricated news that Abia lead in wassce. .. Y'all are trying too hard to catch up but propanganda ain't the way

2 Likes

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by 4watever: 9:19am On Jul 30, 2017
ivolt:

There is a difference between Total debts of a country and National debts.

Google it to get an insight.

Oga, stop trying to mislead people.

If you're talking abt total debt why then did you say US debt is 23 trillion?

You quoted the correct figure for Chinese total debt but quoted a figure that's wrong for US total debt

US total debt is almost 60 trillion.

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by prodigy24: 10:28am On Jul 30, 2017
Southwest states are indebted to Anambra #fact we will come and take over osun and Ogun and sell them to Gambaria when we want... You are our tenants for now...

"Obi said the state he was leaving behind was not owing anybody a dime; rather, the state invested in bonds issued by other states! Then, I remembered that out of the six states in the South-West, only one has not gone to the Capital Market to take money through bond issuance. What has that told me? It means that my South-West is indebted to South East’s Anambra State — and that is serious."

http://www.tribune.com.ng/columns/inside/monday-lines/item/1849-the-crisis-of-yoruba-s-future/1849-the-crisis-of-yoruba-s-future

They must pay us else....
http://www.tribune.com.ng/columns/inside/monday-lines/item/1849-the-crisis-of-yoruba-s-future/1849-the-crisis-of-yoruba-s-future
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by prodigy24: 10:43am On Jul 30, 2017
Please what should we do Ndi Anambra?

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by ivolt: 11:21am On Jul 30, 2017
4watever:

Oga, stop trying to mislead people.

If you're talking abt total debt why then did you say US debt is 23 trillion?

You quoted the correct figure for Chinese total debt but quoted a figure that's wrong for US total debt

US total debt is almost 60 trillion.

Just because you can type something on google doesn't mean you understand
what it means, economic terms is not for semi-literates.

Don't expect a stranger to educate you on the internet, get books and read!
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by 4watever: 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
ivolt:

Just because you can type something on google doesn't mean you understand
what it means, economic terms is not for semi-literates.

Don't expect a stranger to educate you on the internet, get books and read!

Hehehehe

I actually typed up a befitting reply to your idiotic post above but then I deleted it.

Cos I reasoned that it takes zero guts to post an idiotic comment such as yours above on a faceless forum.

A word of advice : accepting your error when it's pointed out to you doesn't mean you're weak.

Bye
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by totit: 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
Yyeske:
email prof Soludo for the answer, he wouldn't pull that up for no reason
http://sunnewsonline.com/anambra-new-thinking-new-politics-2/

E pain am.

I read it but I saw nothing related to stats nor figures but oral stats. Could you please prove to the world that it's not oral stats by providing us with a table or figures to back it cheesy

Lmao.
Like gov like his boys una got nothing to prove, no facts..nothing as usual wink
Una try so hard to impose lies, oral stats but what's the use without figures cheesy
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Marcelini(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
omofunaab:

WAEC has debunked that fabricated news that Abia lead in wassce. .. Y'all are trying too hard to catch up but propanganda ain't the way

What difference does it make? Abia had led for the past two years now
And SW states had been missing in the top 10.
By the way, I would need an official credible news outlet supporting your story of WAEC disproving the 2017 stats.
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by omofunaab(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
Marcelini:

What difference does it make? Abia had led for the past two years now
And SW states had been missing in the top 10.
By the way, I would need an official credible news outlet supporting your story of WAEC disproving the 2017 stats.

What official news outlet can be more credible than the official WAEC Twitter handle itself? Na wa for u oooo.

You can head to Twitter to confirm
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Marcelini(m): 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2017
omofunaab:

What official news outlet can be more credible than the official WAEC Twitter handle itself? Na wa for u oooo.

You can head to Twitter to confirm

Doesn't change the fact the Abia had topped the stats for last two years editions, and SE had led SW for a decade now in WAEC statistics.
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Kagawa10: 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
Marcelini:

LOL! The same Abia my friend who served in the place always gist me about? Lol..

The whole Abia state is crook in all its entirety.
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Marcelini(m): 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Kagawa10:

LOL! The same Abia my friend who served in the place always gist me about? Lol..

The whole Abia state is crook in all its entirety.

WAEC officials must be dumb then not to identify mass cheating and exam malpractice when they see one.

Abia has been in top ten for a decade now and 1st for three consecutive years.

That's the fact. Nothing you can do about it.

My friend served in Ogbomosho too, and he told me of how endemic exam malpractice is in that part of the SW, I served in SW too and witnessesed same.
We all have our personal stories on this.
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Kagawa10: 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2017
Marcelini:

WAEC officials must be dumb then not to identify mass cheating and exam malpractice when they see one.

Lol. You mean the same Waec officials that have been bribed and settled to seal lips?

According to my friend, the principal of the school he served was even behaving like a thug during Waec exams. Crook people, no wonder there are many illiterates who follow Kanu.
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Kagawa10: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
Marcelini:

My friend served in Ogbomosho too, and he told me of how endemic exam malpractice is in that part of the SW, I served in SW too and witnessesed same.
We all have our personal stories on this.

Lol.. Yes I admit most of these private schools in the SW are involved in malpractice but the fact is majority of Yoruba folks hardly digs private schools. I never attended one, I attended a missionary school and let me inform you that the SW region has high number of missionary schools, more than any other region and believe me, these missionary schools are of high quality till today. Talk about saint Joseph (Sajoco)..
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Marcelini(m): 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
Kagawa10:

Lol. You mean the same Waec officials that have been bribed and settled to seal lips?

According to my friend, the principal of the school he served was even behaving like a thug during Waec exams. Crook people, no wonder there are many illiterates who follow Kanu.

My school principal in SW did same too.
Bribed the external WAEC invigilator and had the teachers copy the answers for the students on the board.

The dummies all wrote same thing verbatim and it reduced their marks, as many of them couldn't score high.
It takes a very brilliant set of students to do mass cheating and get away with it.
If you ever marked a WAEC script, you would know this.
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Marcelini(m): 9:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
Kagawa10:

Lol.. Yes I admit most of these private schools in the SW are involved in malpractice but the fact is majority of Yoruba folks hardly digs private schools. I never attended one, I attended a missionary school and let me inform you that the SW region has high number of missionary schools, more than any other region and believe me, these missionary schools are of high quality till today. Talk about saint Joseph (Sajoco)..

Hehe! My school in SW was a government school.
SW don't have more missionary schools than SE.
Anambra State government for example handed all her Government schools to the Churches that use to run them in the past, when she noticed that the standard of those schools had pummeled.
Yet Anambra is in top 10 in WAEC.

Exam malpractice is a constant in all Nigerian regions.
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Kagawa10: 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2017
Marcelini:

My school principal in SW did same too.
Bribed the external WAEC invigilator and had the teachers copy the answers for the students on the board.

The dummies all wrote same thing verbatim and it reduced their marks, as many of them couldn't score high.
It takes a very brilliant set of students to do mass cheating and get away with it.
If you ever marked a WAEC script, you would know this.

Lol. I have given my response already. The SW region has high number of best missionary schools or old schools of high quality till today and that's where Yoruba parents often aspire for their kids unless the kids aint brilliant enough to be admitted into such schools.
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Kagawa10: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
Marcelini:

Hehe! My school in SW was a government school.
SW don't have more missionary schools than SE.
Anambra State government for example handed all her Government schools to the Churches that use to run them in the past, when she noticed that the standard of those schools had pummeled.
Yet Anambra is in top 10 in WAEC.

Exam malpractice is a constant in all Nigerian regions.

Lol! Look at the top 100 oldest school below and tell me where you see the majority in SE. You people love to pull off stats from your as$ most times. No wonder there are mass illiterates, including Kanu in Abia state.

www.nairaland.com/3884970/108-oldest-secondary-schools-nigeria
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Marcelini(m): 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
Kagawa10:

Lol! Look at the top 100 oldest school below and tell me where you see the majority in SE. You people love to pull off stats from your as$ most times. No wonder there are mass illiterates, including Kanu in Abia state.

www.nairaland.com/3482264/100-oldest-secondary-schools-nigeria

What's the correlation between top 100 oldest schools and number of missionary /Church owned schools?
By the way, who compiled that list and what criteria was used?

Marist junioriate Uturu Abia State, is a missionary school, not an old one, but has featured amongst top 10 best Secondary schools by WAEC performance in the past 10years.

I wonder what literacy and illiteracy means in SW these days. Why exactly are you drawing Nnamdi Kanu into this our discussion, diversionary tactics?
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Kagawa10: 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
Marcelini:

What's the correlation between top 100 oldest schools and number of missionary /Church owned schools?

Marist junioriate Uturu Abia State, is a missionary school, not an old one, but has featured amongst top 10 best Secondary schools by WAEC performance in the past 10years.

I wonder what literacy and illiteracy means in SW these days. Why exactly are you drawing Nnamdi Kanu into this our discussion, diversionary tactics?

Lmao. You claimed there are more missionary schools in the SE than SW. All I did was to debunk your baseless claim.

I repeat the whole Abia state is crook in its entirety..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu Not Dead — Reno Omokri / The Winners, Losers In Battle For Lagos APC Governorship Ticket / Dan Anyiam Stadium Owerri Glows For Ihedioha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.