Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 (2891 Views)

Poll: predict the out come

Arsenal wins: 50% (5 votes)
Liverpool wins: 20% (2 votes)
A draw: 30% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 31st October 2015 / Liverpool Vs Tottenham (3 - 2) On 10th February 2015 / Arsenal Vs Leicester City (2 - 1) On 10th February 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by tayoccu(m): 11:39am On Feb 09, 2010
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:WmC8gUniwNxu3M:http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3019/2322410467_c4d69b76e4.jpg[/img] vs [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:qb88UDrO6gVEJM:http://images.crackberry.com/files/images/wallpaper_20080421014406_306856022.preview.jpg[/img]

The Emirates comes alive as Arsenal play host to Liverpool.

the red and white army go into this fixture on the heels of back to back losses against united and chelsea,
with 2 wins 2 losses and a draw from the last 5 fixtures,wenger's army look to get back to winning ways and possibly
catch up with the top 2.
arsenal still have Eduardo,RVP, vela,merida,gibbs and djourou out. but with nick52 fit again, he seema set to make
his 1st start of 2010.

the reds seems to be regaining lost form winning 3 and drawing 2 out of the last 5, and are in high spirits, and their chances of a top 4 finish seems more realistic.
with torres,benayoun and johnson doubtful, rafa will have to dig deep if he's to get anything away from the emirates.
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by bgees(m): 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2010
Yes we have to dig deep. Arsenal were not bad against Chelsea, they just didn't make their tactics work. I think the Reds can learn from Chelsea. We have to deny them time and space, make no mistakes and take our chances when they come. But without a speedy and clinical striker like Torres , we are left with Kuyt (who can be outrageoulsy clinical at times) , Ngog(who is too slow) and Babel(lazy).

Anyway, we will win.

Walk on!
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 09, 2010
Liverpool, have mercy on them.
A draw will do.
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by bgees(m): 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2010
Have mercy?

we are coming for revenge.
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by tkb417(m): 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2010
losers

what are they playing for sef?

it will end 1-1
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by snowdrops(m): 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2010
We are not getting a draw from this match.
Its going to be a convincing victory. Avid football followers will know this.
The gunners have just gone past their lowest point in this season, just played the top 3 / 4 teams [after the liverpool match]. At least we are not playing the above teams towards the tail end of the season.

Subsequent matches will be more easier. Chelsea et al will eventually drop points, while we will be walloping the portsmouth and sunderland 5 -0.
Dont be surprised the title race will end up more tighter than people are concluding at present.
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2010
snowdrops:

We are not getting a draw from this match.
Its going to be a convincing victory. Avid football followers will know this.
The gunners have just gone past their lowest point in this season, just played the top 3 / 4 teams [after the liverpool match]. At least we are not playing the above teams towards the tail end of the season.

Subsequent matches will be more easier
. Chelsea et al will eventually drop points, while we will be walloping the portsmouth and sunderland 5 -0.
Dont be surprised the title race will end up more tighter than people are concluding at present.

The big team alone ain't your problem.

We all know Arsenal can fumble while playing minnows like Stoke, Hull and Birmingham.
Let's not forget City and Spurs too.

Expect to still drop lots of points.
And em. . .forget that title dream.  cheesy
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by elowa: 5:33am On Feb 10, 2010
Gues arsenal shd be ready for another loss. like tk said; wat are they playing for sef? two losers grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by tayoccu(m): 10:47am On Feb 10, 2010
say what you like, the red army will beat loserpoo.
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by Borat1: 11:36am On Feb 10, 2010
i expect l'arse to discover their winning form against the scousers. . .
3-1
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by TheSly: 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2010
BlueDiva:

We all know Arsenal can fumble while playing minnows like Stoke, Hull and Birmingham.

And em. . .forget that title dream.  cheesy
Hull, . . Minor team?. . . . .Tell that to Citeh.
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by tayoccu(m): 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2010
;d ;d ;d
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by snowdrops(m): 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2010
BlueDiva:

And em. . .forget that title dream. cheesy
Well till the man u match, we were unbeaten in over 10 matches against the teams outside the top 4. Arsenal this season has performed very well against the small teams compared to previous ones.
Go gunners go.
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by snowdrops(m): 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2010
The Sly:

Hull, . . Minor team?. . . . .Tell that to Citeh.

Yes they are a minor team or which league have you been watching?
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by eddiebomba(m): 3:14pm On Feb 10, 2010
Hi guys. I know every gunner fan has been gutted the past two weeks - but let's not sound the death knell just yet, i've got some things to remind you all of, including non-arsenal fans.

Everyone's been going on and on and on about how arsenal are not title material this season; the critics have been ruling them out since day one and they've not been relenting. I beg to differ, but saying arsenal will not win the league this season is the easiest thing for most people to say; I know, cos it's easy for me to say - cos let's face it: the odds are heavily against us (and I speak as a loyal arsenal fan!) - and that's why I'm not going to fall into that trap again this season.

Let me make it clear to all who care to listen: I'm not biased - even as an arsenal fan - and I take offense at any arsenal fan who arrogantly declares his team will win the league this season. In fact, I make bold to say that with the way this season has been going, at this stage, anyone who says he knows who'll win the league this season is nothing but a low-down rotten liar  angry angry angry- & he'd better hope his lie becomes true, cos if not, it's gonna be darn right embarrassing!!

To all who've been blinded by arsenal's four trophy-less years and the recent losses to both man utd and Chelsea, I offer this sign that arsenal are not yet out of the race: unlike in the previous five seasons, arsenal have been beating more of the so-called smaller teams this season, while chelsea and man u, who now have bragging rights over arsenal, have been faltering against the smaller teams like hull city, sunderland, villa, etc. We all know - but few will admit - that it's not beating the other big4 clubs that wins you the league; its beating the other 16 teams (just ask liverpool last season - they got 14pts from man u, arsenal and chelsea, yet lost the league because of too many home draws against the smaller fish) sad sad And i could have said the gunners were out of the title race, but for the following reasons:

1. the season is still far from finished (it's still week 25 of 38- if arsenal were 9pts behind at week 30, i'd have conceded defeat)

2. it's only 9pts, and with 13 games to go (39 pts) they can still make up lost ground (and they're still good enough to get a huge chunk of those 39pts)

3. Most importantly, arsenal came back from an 11-pt deficit earlier in this same season to overtake chelsea by mid-January - Chelsea, of all teams! shocked shocked shocked - and go top of the table, when even i least expected it!!

To be fair, I've been saying this from day 1 of the EPL and i've not changed my mind so far: Chelsea are hot favorites for the title this season - they've got strength in depth, they seem tactically superior to other teams, and they have one of the greatest club coaches in world football - but what happened to them earlier in the league suggests a glaring weakness: a worrying loss of the ability to grind out results against the so-called small teams. In fact, they've shown that if they're not careful, they might just throw away the title. they came out this season , all guns blazing, and i said to anyone who cared to hear that[b] the only team that would stop chelsea in the league would be chelsea themselves [/b]- and i was partially proved right.

Before this season, if you had told me arsenal would recover from a 3-0 hammering at home to chelsea and an 11-pt deficit in November to go top of the league by mid-January, I'd have said, "get thee behind me, satan"! smiley smiley smiley but what happened? chelsea flopped in december, even before drogba and co had gone to Angola, and arsenal who had been written off after the loss to chelsea got 20 out of 24 pts to go top! shocked shocked shocked And with so many games to go, and arsenal having the added advantage of having played most of their toughest matches earlier than the other two, who's to say it might not happen again? I make bold to say that if chelsea dont win the league this season, they should just bow their heads in shame;  and - tufiakwa! - if arsenal wins the league against all the odds(& I hope they do!), all the chelsea squad (plus Ancelotti) should be flogged like children flog judas on easter! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry angry grin grin grin

So, i offer this note of warning: The naysayers may be having a field day now, but it's waaaay too early to rule out these gunners from the title race  undecided undecided undecided - Don't fall into that trap like we all did in november!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by coolguyz(m): 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2010
count down is on. . . . . . . a win and i'l gv rafa my bonus cheque.

YNWA
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by Ossaifamous(m): 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2010
Well here again am having my pre match headaches cuz my uncle mr benitez might just make those blunders that ruins my day.
But liverpool can still win this hoping nicholas doesn't suprise them and I just pray that dirk would smack in a brace.
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by duduspace(m): 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2010
Where are my peeps? how is the match going? working late again today. cry
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by follypimpi(m): 9:15pm On Feb 10, 2010
duduspace:

Bartender is waste man !!!.
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by follypimpi(m): 9:17pm On Feb 10, 2010
Dude cant score to save his soul.
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by chibaby5(f): 9:18pm On Feb 10, 2010
can any1 help wiv link 2 watch online?
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by chic2pimp(m): 9:24pm On Feb 10, 2010
chi-baby:

Try Iraq goals.com

duduspace:

Your peeps have deserted thy club
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2010
chic2pimp:

Your peeps have deserted thy club

We are still here 0-0
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 10, 2010
chi-baby:

download and install sopcast then find a link from here . . . http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=63904&part=sports
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by A40(m): 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2010
Utter crap from the lads so far. Its been helta skelta
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by invisible2(m): 9:30pm On Feb 10, 2010
I need one arsenal person to beg me to support una tonight or else,

If una lose, I will rub it in so deep, so beg me to suppot Arsenal now!
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by HNIC(m): 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2010
Piss poor match.
Villa vs Manure 100 times more interesting
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by chibaby5(f): 9:33pm On Feb 10, 2010
thanks guyz smiley
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by HNIC(m): 9:35pm On Feb 10, 2010
Fab 4 thinking about barca
he's been mediocre today!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by invisible2(m): 9:36pm On Feb 10, 2010
Fabregas is in barcelona right now, his body double is in the field.
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by follypimpi(m): 9:37pm On Feb 10, 2010
HNIC:

Fab 4 thinking about barca
he's been mediocre today!!!

Omo i no go blame am now !!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool [1 - 0 ] On 10th February 2010 by invisible2(m): 9:41pm On Feb 10, 2010
The real Fab 4 is having dinner with Guardiola and will sign in front of the press morrow.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Blackburn Rovers (1 - 1) On 26th December 2011 / Statarea Guru Predictions For Todays Game Old Statarea Best Prediction Site / Arsenal Vs Fulham (2 - 1) On Saturday 4th Dec 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.