Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone (1465 Views)

Cracks In NBA As Splinter Group Form NNBA / Oyo APC Splinter Group ‘unity Forum’ Joins ADC / "Fresh PDP": PDP Splinter Group Emerges In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
The Ijaw Youth Council in Ahoada West and Abua- Odual local government areas of Rivers State, has created a special chapter, alleging marginalisation in the council’ s Central Zone .
The central zone of IYC comprises Bayelsa State and some LGAs in Rivers State .

Former Secretary of the Central Zone of the IYC , Mr. Prince Okenema, has, therefore, urged youths in the special chapter to close ranks and bring development to their area .

He gave the charge while briefing newsmen at the inauguration of the Abua- Odual, and Engenni-ogbogolo special chapter of the IYC in Akinima on Friday .

Okenema described the event as remarkable in the history of the IYC , adding that they could now operate on their own and be autonomous as the Abuja and Lagos chapters of the council.

He noted that it was due to the marginalisation of the people of the area that gave rise to the creation of the special chapter out of the central zone of the IYC .
He advised them to ensure that every clan in the special chapter was carried along in the scheme of things.

The former IYC secretary in the central zone further said that the Abua - Odual and Engenni-ogbogolo clans were big enough to operate as a special chapter .

Okenema pointed out that stakeholders in the zentral zone were fully in support of the creation and inauguration of the Abua - Odual, Engenni-Ogbogolo special chapter.

On his part , the newly- inaugurated chairman of the special chapter , Sokari G . Sokari explained that his people in Ahoada West, Abua- Odual, Engenni- ogbogolo clans sat after the conduct of the Central zone election and resolved that they should operate as a special chapter instead of fighting and causing trouble after an election which they were harassed , intimidated and marginalised.

Sokari noted that his people, who are peace loving, decided to achieve their aim without fighting, because they had been deprived of occupying key positions in the zone , adding that they were not out of the IYC but had formed a new chapter.

He added that some people might want to argue that their decision was not in line with the IYC constitution , but stressed that that IYC at present did not have a working constitution but operates with conventional rules

Sokari maintained that ” this is the best time for the special chapter to be created. They have endured a lot of marginalisation and the issue of “core- Ijaw” and “non- Core Ijaw
The Ijaw Youth Council in Ahoada West and Abua- Odual local government areas of Rivers State, has created a special chapter, alleging marginalisation in the council’ s Central Zone .
The central zone of IYC comprises Bayelsa State and some LGAs in Rivers State .

Former Secretary of the Central Zone of the IYC , Mr. Prince Okenema, has, therefore, urged youths in the special chapter to close ranks and bring development to their area .

He gave the charge while briefing newsmen at the inauguration of the Abua- Odual, and Engenni-ogbogolo special chapter of the IYC in Akinima on Friday .

Okenema described the event as remarkable in the history of the IYC , adding that they could now operate on their own and be autonomous as the Abuja and Lagos chapters of the council.

He noted that it was due to the marginalisation of the people of the area that gave rise to the creation of the special chapter out of the central zone of the IYC .
He advised them to ensure that every clan in the special chapter was carried along in the scheme of things.

The former IYC secretary in the central zone further said that the Abua - Odual and Engenni-ogbogolo clans were big enough to operate as a special chapter .

Okenema pointed out that stakeholders in the zentral zone were fully in support of the creation and inauguration of the Abua - Odual, Engenni-Ogbogolo special chapter.

On his part , the newly- inaugurated chairman of the special chapter , Sokari G . Sokari explained that his people in Ahoada West, Abua- Odual, Engenni- ogbogolo clans sat after the conduct of the Central zone election and resolved that they should operate as a special chapter instead of fighting and causing trouble after an election which they were harassed , intimidated and marginalised.

Sokari noted that his people, who are peace loving, decided to achieve their aim without fighting, because they had been deprived of occupying key positions in the zone , adding that they were not out of the IYC but had formed a new chapter.
[img]https://3.bp..com/-UOVhJt5LzHQ/WXyo_BpO4TI/AAAAAAAAC10/By95mNSBoAoInnM64TDu3EcT1x_3I_nRwCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG-20170729-WA0013.jpg[/img]

He added that some people might want to argue that their decision was not in line with the IYC constitution , but stressed that that IYC at present did not have a working constitution but operates with conventional rules

Sokari maintained that ” this is the best time for the special chapter to be created. They have endured a lot of marginalisation and the issue of “core- Ijaw” and “non- Core Ijaw."
http://www.myowngist.info/2017/07/ijaw-youth-form-splinter-group-alleged.html

Shared on Palmchat
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by NwaNimo1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
Firstly, I am glad that the people of Abua-Odual and Ahoada have always been proud of their Ijawness...

Secondly, IYC and INC are embarrassment to Ijaw nation by drifting away from our core principles and values.

Thirdly, only dialogue can end this impasse... Splinter group will never solve it.

Finally, I am a proud Ijawman from Okrika... The Ijaw blood is a noble one...
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by vanbonattel: 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
Stories

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by vanbonattel: 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Firstly, I am glad that the people of Abua-Odua and Ahoada have always been proud of their Ijawness...

Secondly, IYC and INC are embarrassment to Ijaw nation by drifting away from our core principles and values.

Thirdly, only dialogue can end this impasse... Splinter group will never solve it.

I love ijaws, but whenever I remember that you, TonyeBarcanista, a two faced, fickle minded turn coat is an ijawman, I shiver and walk away from ijaw talks.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2017
Whoever you love or hate is your cup of tea...

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Whoever you love or hate is your cup of tea...
Nice one. Koyide
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by SweetJoystick(m): 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
Some sets of people will always feel marginalised, even in a family of 5 children grin
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by BuariCopyPaste: 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Firstly, I am glad that the people of Abua-Odua and Ahoada have always been proud of their Ijawness...

Posting and quoting yourself as usual.. who asked you about the Ijaw whatever you are bothering us with?
I know where you are headed... that the Ijaw leaders that support secession are self-serving.
Why don't you channel your energy towards saving your job at APDA instead of whiling away time on non-existing issues.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by wawappl: 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
this one na news?
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
Don't get yourself worked up man... Neither the mainstream Ijaw Youth Council nor the Splitter group is pro-Biafra. Please, keep Biafra away from here...

I'm an Ijaw man before being a Nigerian and before becoming a member of a party. Ijaw interest forms part of my core interest...

Swerve Sir!
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by BuariCopyPaste: 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
wawappl:
this one na news?

I tire

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
JasonScolari:
Nice one. Koyide
You and James Ibori
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
You and James Ibori
Lol, Bros, that's our King. grin
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
JasonScolari:
Lol, Bros, that's our King. grin
Well perhaps he may be eying the Senate
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by BuariCopyPaste: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Don't get yourself worked up man... Neither the mainstream Ijaw Youth Council nor the Splitter group is pro-Biafra. Please, keep Biafra away from here...

I'm an Ijaw man before being a Nigerian and before becoming a member of a party. Ijaw interest forms part of my core interest...

Swerve Sir!

You are supposed to be on APDA twitter handle making it lively by posting and quoting yourself like you have been doing.
Seems you are joking with your job.

Wetin concern nairaland with the assumed Ijaw internal wrangling
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by gberra: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ijaw wailer, what do you mean by core ijaws & non-core ijaws. Could we also say they are similar to the wawa people (ijaws & wawa ijaws)...just being curious.
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2017
As you can see, there is NOTHING like Core and non-core Ijaw. All are members of IYC... JUst that the Ijaws in Bayelsa (being majority in Central Ijaw clan) always have their Candidate elected in key positions in Central Ijaw.

Good news is we are all IJAWS
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Well perhaps he may be eying the Senate
How did you find out? Similar thing Chief Ighoyota Amori was trying to say stylishly at Asaba some few weeks back. I wouldn't mind if your party offer him that platform. cheesy
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by Abraham4christ(m): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
I dont blame them.
If government adds value to people's lives,caters to their welfare,abate their economic woes and frustrations,implement policies that give them ample reason why the should live and enjoy their existence,no citizen would ever be proud to say he or she is a militant or boko haram.
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
JasonScolari:
How did you find out? Similar thing Chief Ighoyota Amori was trying to say stylish at Asaba some few weeks back. I wouldn't mind if your party offer him that platform. cheesy
You can never rule that out bro... He has served his time in jail, so it's time for him to move on with life.

But he has to get State or upturn his conviction to be eligible to be on the ballot
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
Abraham4christ:
I dont blame them.
If government adds value to people's lives,caters to their welfare,abate their economic woes and frustrations,implement policies that give them ample reason why the should live and enjoy their existence,no citizen would ever be proud to say he or she is a militant or boko haram.

What concerns your post with Ijaw nation? What is your point? Which one is militants/boko? Are you okay?
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by BabaRamotu1988: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
haaaaa TonyeBarcanista wetin concern ijaw personal matter with nairaland naaa shocked

this is an internal crises and i don't think that's our gaddem business

love Ijaws though
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
You can never rule that out bro... He has served his time in jail, so it's time for him to move on with life.

But he has to get State or upturn his conviction to be eligible to be on the ballot
You're very correct sir, but let us concentrate on the thread. smiley

I think it's high time the IYC, be it "core group or the splitters group" should stop this madness they're trying to inherit. Comrade Udengs Eradiri, Eric Omare and other prominent sons of Ijaw land should all try and save the Ijaw nation from this embarrassment.
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by gberra: 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
As you can see, there is NOTHING like Core and non-core Ijaw. All are members of IYC... JUst that the Ijaws in Bayelsa (being majority in Central Ijaw clan) always have their Candidate elected in key positions in Central Ijaw.

Good news is we are all IJAWS
I know you're responding to me for fear of not being quoted.
If I could rightly infer, it appears the ijaws in Bayelsa are the Core while their Rivers counterpart are the non-core(where you belong by coincidence).

The article reiterated the dichotomy between the ijaws as core & non-core, while a special group had to emerge so to create a level playing field.

Y'all must desist from name-calling & dichotomy between ijaws either consciously or unconsciously as was being reiterated in the report. I have massive respect for ijaws & the larger SS than their neighbours from the other side who shamelessly discriminate themselves.
However, I'm forced to call you a wawa ijaw for your frequent turncoatedness.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
I avoided IYC politics as a National union of Bayelsa state studens (NUBSS) president of OAU then, their conduct reeks with so many of them doing the biddings of politicians.
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by ZombieTAMER: 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Posting and quoting yourself as usual.. who asked you about the Ijaw whatever you are bothering us with?
I know where you are headed... that the Ijaw leaders that support secession are self-serving.
Why don't you channel your energy towards saving your job at APDA instead of whiling away time on non-existing issues.
that tonye guy has lost all relevance and respect....
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
JasonScolari:
You're very correct sir, but let us concentrate on the thread. smiley

I think it's high time the IYC, be it "core group or the splitters group" should stop this madness they're trying to inherit. Comrade Udengs Eradiri, Eric Omare and other prominent sons of Ijaw land should all try and save the Ijaw nation from this embarrassment.
Don't mind them jare... Na hustle dem de
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by ZombieTAMER: 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
I avoided IYC politics as a National union of Bayelsa state studens (NUBSS) president of OAU then, their conduct reeks with so many of them doing the biddings of politicians.
tonye comes to mind
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:
haaaaa TonyeBarcanista wetin concern ijaw personal matter with nairaland naaa shocked

this is an internal crises and i don't think that's our gaddem business

love Ijaws though
There are thousands of Ijaw Youths that should be informed
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
ZombieTAMER:
tonye comes to mind
as how, funny enough Ayebatonye is one of my initials.
Re: Ijaw Youth Form Splinter Group, Alleged Marginalisation In Zone by Prinzyy: 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:

I love ijaws, but whenever I remember that you, TonyeBarcanista, a two faced, fickle minded turn coat is an ijawman, I shiver and walk away from ijaw talks.
He's not ijaw

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Signed The 1914 Amalgamation? / French Institute:Nigeria Sits On Same Corrupt System That Existed Before Buhari / BUHARI'S BIGGEST Mistake;fashola Fails Woefully!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.