Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. (1416 Views)

All Sewing And Sewing Machine Related Issues Hop In Here Let's Discuss!!! / Origin Of Ankara Culture And Fabric / 16 Weeks Intentives Practical Training On Sewing And Pattern Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. by Beyondseams: 8:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hello, am Abimbola creative designer of Arakulture, a fashion house in Gbagada. Here will be sharing sewing tips and free tutorials. I have a previous account that got deleted so l left for sometime, but hey am back. Will post the link to our old post on sewing. Anybody in?

Indicate interest.
Re: Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. by Beyondseams: 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
The link to our old account....check it out.

https://www.nairaland.com/1798194/diy-it-yourself-sew-along
Re: Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. by becca28(f): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2017
Beyondseams:
Hello, am Abimbola creative designer of Arakulture, a fashion house in Gbagada. Here will be sharing sewing tips and free tutorials. I have a previous account that got deleted so l left for sometime, but hey am back. Will post the link to our old post on sewing. Anybody in?

Indicate interest.

am interested.
Re: Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. by sweetchi1011: 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
very much interested
Re: Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. by Beyondseams: 10:34am On Aug 11, 2017
Cape dress inspiration....you can make this following this picture, am making one for.myself this weekend. Will post picture.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
I'm interested.... please do you welcome visits to your shop? I don't stay far from Gbagada and I'll like to come to shop and depending how things pan out - be an apprentice

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. by Beyondseams: 9:29am On Aug 13, 2017
Yes, why not chat me up on whatsApp 0812263245.
Re: Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. by Beyondseams: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2017
As a fashion designer, colour combination is one of the most important aspect of the trade.

Pantones
Colour theory
Course harmony
Primary and secondary colours
Hues and Tints
Colours and it's meaning.
Warm and cool.colours

Google this and you will be amazed and the wealth of knowledge you will come across.

Glance through these pictures to see few examples:

Re: Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. by Beyondseams: 9:17am On Aug 24, 2017
Let's talk branding.
What is branding?

The process involved in creating a unique name and image for a product in the consumers' mind, mainly through advertising campaigns with a consistent theme. Branding aims to establish a significant and differentiated presence in the market that attracts and retains loyal customers.

Do you have a business name?
Is it registered?
Do you have a logo?
What colours do you have in mind and does it represent your brand vision and mission?
Do you know the meaning of colours and how it helps your brand?
Do you own a good digital camera?
Do you have a clothing label and tag?

Do you have any question? Comment below.... Need a clothings label and tags? Chat me up on whatsApp: 08122632245 or slide into.our dm.

Re: Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. by Beyondseams: 2:08pm On Feb 24, 2018
Let's make a simple pencil skirted
Re: Beyond Seams Sewing And Fabric Craft Workshop. by Beyondseams: 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2018
Let's make a simple pencil skirt

You will be needing the following measurements..
Waist
Hips
Waist - Hips distance
Skirt Length

Step 1

Start from the edge of the paper, measure your skirt waist to hips distance, rule, then waist to length and add 1.5 hem allowance. Then back to the top edge of your paper and divide the your waist by 4 e.g. waist 30 / 4 = 7'5 then add 1inch dart allowance and plot on your pattern. Then move to the hips and divide it by 4 e.g. 40 / 4 = 10 then plot it at the hips line on your pattern, next is the hem line, what ever you have at the hips deduct 1 inch from it and plot it at the hem line then add connect the waist, hips and hem together on a straight line and add 0.25 extension at the allowance edge, this makes your hem equal when folding the hem of your skirt when sewing.

Step 2
At the hem, remove additional 1 inch from the hem and connect to the hips.

Step 3 (Optional)

The back skirt follows the same process, if you want it more fitted at the hem you can take out additional 1 inch at the centre back hem line then connect it to the hips then add your 1- 5 inches zip allowance from the waist to the hem.

(1) (Reply)

Nike Airforce 1, 720 D/ Ms/ X ,, Yeezy 700 , 350 ,, Balenciaga Triple S ,, Prada / Unique Ankara Styles 2021: Latest Styles For Ladies To Trend / Handmade Quality Footwear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.