Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

What Does Sunday Mean To You - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Sunday Mean To You (4656 Views)

What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? / What Does Palm Sunday Mean To You? / What Does It Mean To Take The Lord's Name In Vain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Bisjosh(f): 7:01am On Jul 30, 2017
Time to watch tv and eat jollof rice angry
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by anonymuz(m): 7:02am On Jul 30, 2017
A day to rest and enjoy yourself.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Kokaine(m): 7:42am On Jul 30, 2017
rheether:
It means staying indoors and getting ready for Monday.
thank you.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by 9JATEMPEST: 7:48am On Jul 30, 2017
Bishopmayowa:
Today is Sunday and it has its favourite Period to all of us.. so why don't we all talk about it

To me, Sunday is a period that covers Monday in the face
Resting Day..
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by jericco1(m): 8:08am On Jul 30, 2017
A day of rest, peace, love and tranquility.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 30, 2017
The Sun is the source of our lighting for Planet Earth and other planets on our solar system.

The Sun is instrumental to Photosynthesis, so the sun literally gives us the air we breath.

The Sun also is instrumental to the food we eat.

The Sun Warms the planet.

It was for this reason that our ancestors set aside a day to worship the Sun of God on Sun Day.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by drkass: 8:26am On Jul 30, 2017
Sunday is the day that I mostly give free banana or cassava to my girlfriend.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by ipledge10(m): 8:27am On Jul 30, 2017
The day before Monday, Sunday evenings have always been the saddest moment since I was in primary school
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 30, 2017
A day for sleep.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 30, 2017
Sunday means Rest the day God rested so as his child I Rest I work late in the evening moving into Monday morning but throughout the day I silently reflect on Gods infinite blessings in and around my life
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by bamikole002(m): 8:32am On Jul 30, 2017
Sunday is the day I use all my time to serve God, from morning to night
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Efostick(m): 8:35am On Jul 30, 2017
a day I sleep very well and wake up to eat Sunday Rice. cheesy

then relax all through the day.

Preparing for Monday wink
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Generalyemi(m): 8:37am On Jul 30, 2017
5DMindset:
The Sun is the source of our lighting for Planet Earth and other planets on our solar system.

The Sun is instrumental to Photosynthesis, so the sun literally gives us the air we breath.

The Sun also is instrumental to the food we eat.

The Sun Warms the planet.

It was for this reason that our ancestors set aside a day to worship the Sun of God on Sun Day.

deep...
but I won't fall for it
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by onyeka205(m): 8:51am On Jul 30, 2017
Hiccups:
shocked

While attending Sunday church service on this day should be encouraged, it does not completely represent the purpose of Sundays. The Sabbath (Saturdays of calendar) purposes were clearly stated in Bible. However, The Lord's day (Sundays of Calendar) represents when Christ resurrected. Believers have now adopted The Lord's day as Sabbath, therefore, attending church service on Sundays should be encouraged, but reflection on Original purpose of The Lord's day shouldn't be down played by so doing.

There was nowhere in the bible that it was indicated that Sunday is the Lord's day, the bible did not mention the day that was referred to as Lord's day in the bible.Read the verse very well Rev1:10. Moreover, If Jesus resurrected on Sunday, when did he die? Jesus said he must stay three days and three nights in the grave ie 72 hours. Daniel prophesied about the death of Jesus in Daniel 9:27. Use king James version for better understanding. Based on this prophesy, Jesus died in the middle of the week, which is Wednesday evening and stayed in the grave for complete 72 hours. From the evening of Wednesday to evening of Thursday = 24hours. From evening of Thursday to evening of Friday = 24 hours. From evening of Friday to evening of Saturday = 24 hours. Total = 72 hours, three days and three nights, Jesus is not a liar and can never be. The women could not see him rising because they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the scripture but when they went there at the dawn of the first day of the week, he had already risen (Matthew 28:1). You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free (John 8:32)
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by cy4cent(f): 8:52am On Jul 30, 2017
A day I go to Church to fellowship with brethrens. A day I relax. A day I hang out with friends and family.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by kevoh(m): 8:59am On Jul 30, 2017
Sunday feels like every other day, sometimes I'm at work other times I just relax at home with my family trying to block out the noise coming from the different loud speakers of the different churches in my area. Nothing special about Sundays except I'm getting paid that Sunday grin .
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Ndaife: 9:01am On Jul 30, 2017
izzy4shizzy:
Sunday means a lot of things to me which i'll list...
1. Its a day set aside to go to church
2. Its a day Rice and meat usually goes down
3. Its a day I get to relax and get some bottles into the belly
4. Lastly, sunday is a sad reminder that the weekend is over

Thankyou and Happy sunday
Sunday is not the day of worship, it is the first day of the week, Saturday is the 7th day. let's do our research about this and know the truth
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:03am On Jul 30, 2017
Ndaife:

Sunday is not the day of worship, it is the first day of the week, Saturday is the 7th day. let's do our research about this and know the truth

Go and tell your seventhday adventist brothers and lemme alone
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by KanwuliaExtra: 9:36am On Jul 30, 2017
Just like any other day o. . . .Nothing special. wink

Sun shines on all other days abi?
Rain falls on "Sundays' too abi?

Soooooo, what is the difference? undecided
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 30, 2017
The first day of the week.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 30, 2017
visitation day. I visit friends and family on Sunday
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Onero619(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2017
sunday to me, means WHITE RICE AND STEW
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 30, 2017
Sundays is a day to go to church and worship God but I have been resting on Sundays recently.

God epp me!
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 30, 2017
pDudd:
It's the day I join my cycling buddies for a 40+ miles ride.
pls i'm also a cyclist but i need a new bike just like this, any idea on how i can get one cuz i find this kind of road bikes are quite rare, pls reply
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Hiccups: 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
onyeka205:

There was nowhere in the bible that it was indicated that Sunday is the Lord's day

I agree with you, but there was no where either were Easter Sunday was mentioned and I'm certain you not bothered about the Bible saying anything about Easter Sunday. What does Easter Sunday represents? How did we arrived at such conclusions as per the day? Do you Rely on your bible or history to respond to these questions?

onyeka205:

Daniel prophesied about the death of Jesus in Daniel 9:27. Use king James version for better understanding. Based on this prophesy, Jesus died in the middle of the week, which is Wednesday evening and stayed in the grave for complete 72 hours.

Daniel in his prophecy used the word 'midst' of the week and you erroneously concluded the word 'midst' implied 'middle' as used by Daniel. This does not add up, since 'midst' simply implied 'within' the week. What Daniel pointed out was that it was neither beginning or ending day of the week but some other day in the midst (within) the week.

onyeka205:

The women could not see him rising because they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the scripture but when they went there at the dawn of the first day of the week, he had already risen (Matthew 28:1).
Here you counter your initial claim, since the Jewish Sabbath is same with Saturday of our Calendar and there's no where in history or theology that suggests Christ resurrection was on Jewish Sabbath.

onyeka205:

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free (John 8:32)
This line was unnecessary, the truth here referred to Christ (John 14:6).

Find out the history behind Good Friday, Easter Sunday and The Lord's day, you will be guided accordingly.

Finally, Christ resurrected on a Sunday (The Lord's day) and couldn't have died on a Wednesday.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Ennyholar: 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
SUNDAY MEANS A LOT TO ME
A DAY TO SERVE AND WORSHIP
ALSO TO REST AND HAVE SOME QUALITY FAMILY TIME.
ENJOY SOME MOVIES ON MY CAMON CX
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by bentuzene(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hiccups:
shocked

While attending Sunday church service on this day should be encouraged, it does not completely represent the purpose of Sundays. The Sabbath (Saturdays of calendar) purposes were clearly stated in Bible. However, The Lord's day (Sundays of Calendar) represents when Christ resurrected. Believers have now adopted The Lord's day as Sabbath, therefore, attending church service on Sundays should be encouraged, but reflection on Original purpose of The Lord's day shouldn't be down played by so doing.

You know your History very well.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by bentuzene(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
Akshow:
Day to do my laundry, clean my apartment, go out to the movies and have fun.

Same here...
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by bentuzene(m): 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
Sunday for me means Laundry and planning for Monday.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
Japhet04:
pls i'm also a cyclist but i need a new bike just like this, any idea on how i can get one cuz i find this kind of road bikes are quite rare, pls reply

I live abroad so I don't know about b where it is sold in naija.
Re: What Does Sunday Mean To You by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
pDudd:

I live abroad so I don't know about b where it is sold in naija.
ok, where do u reside, in the states?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

22 Year Old Man Bursts Into Tears & Questions God On Nigeria Got Talent Show / Jesus Was Not Sent To Save The Whole World - Bible / Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.