Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Who Created Water? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created Water? (3733 Views)

Who Created Water? Is There Any Proof Of How It Was Created? / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Created Water? by swiz123(m): 7:13am On Jul 30, 2017
Genesis 1vs1:In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Vs2:The earth was formless and empty,and darkness covered the covered the deep "waters".
There was no biblical account of God creating water because according to the it literally,water already existed.God is the maker of the whole universe and Everything in it.
So please let the Bible Gurus help us explain the enigma of water.
Lalasticlala, mynd44,ishilove.help move this to front page for more audience.
Re: Who Created Water? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 30, 2017
swiz123:
Vs2:The earth was formless and empty,and darkness covered the covered the deep "waters".
There was no biblical account of God creating water because according to the it literally,water already existed.God is the maker of the whole universe and Everything in it.

God created water. Let me prove it to you.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth

Now how can water exist on earth if there was no earth? Remember God created heaven and earth .

Water is a by-product of earth's creation
Re: Who Created Water? by swiz123(m): 7:36am On Jul 30, 2017
onyenze123:

Now how can water exist on earth if there was no earth? Remember God created heaven and earth .

maybe you are right,lets just wait for more opinions
Re: Who Created Water? by vizkiz: 7:38am On Jul 30, 2017
onyenze123:

In the beginning God ( Elohim) created [by forming from nothing] the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void or a waste and emptiness, and darkness was upon the face of the deep [primeval ocean that covered the unformed earth]. The Spirit of God was moving (hovering, brooding) over the face of the waters.
GEN 1:1‭-‬2

Still didn't answer the question
Re: Who Created Water? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 30, 2017
vizkiz:

In the beginning God ( Elohim) created [by forming from nothing] the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void or a waste and emptiness, and darkness was upon the face of the deep [primeval ocean that covered the unformed earth]. The Spirit of God was moving (hovering, brooding) over the face of the waters.
GEN 1:1‭-‬2

Still didn't answer the question

The book of Genesis is a summary of creation. it is not detailed
Re: Who Created Water? by vizkiz: 7:47am On Jul 30, 2017
onyenze123:

So you don't have a any quote to prove your point? Well, according to the details I posted previously it shows the spirit of God moving on the waters (unformed Earth)
Re: Who Created Water? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 30, 2017
vizkiz:

So you don't have a any quote to prove your point? Well, according to the details I posted previously it shows the spirit of God moving on the waters (unformed Earth)

who credited the earth according to Genesis account?
Re: Who Created Water? by vizkiz: 7:49am On Jul 30, 2017
onyenze123:

who credited the earth according to Genesis account?
Do you know the meaning of "unformed"?
Re: Who Created Water? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:54am On Jul 30, 2017
when i was still a bible literalist, i said there was a huge gap of years between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.. people have different hypothesis for it tho.. but then i went with the luciferian flood
Re: Who Created Water? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 30, 2017
vizkiz:

Do you know the meaning of "unformed"?

yes, I do
Re: Who Created Water? by swiz123(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2017
onyenze123:

i think you are right here.Genesis is a summary of God's creation.
Re: Who Created Water? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 30, 2017
Could it be that god is partly water?as we all know that before heaven and earth got created that god was dwelling on water.

Anyways let's leave god matter for god.

2 Likes

Re: Who Created Water? by ITbomb(m): 8:27am On Jul 30, 2017
God created the heaven and the earth ie the universe with all their respective characteristics
Jupiter with its rings, Mars will the red tone and earth with the waters etc
After creating all the planets, God decided to make one of them habitable for humans and choose the already created earth with water to furnished it well for living things
Re: Who Created Water? by AgentOfAllah: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2017
Water predates earth! It is probably almost as old as the universe itself. Water is synthesised during the formation of stars, and the universe is pervaded with water, in quantities far greater than you can actually imagine. Anything you've seen on earth pales in comparison.

Water is certainly no by-product of earths creation!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Created Water? by swiz123(m): 8:49am On Jul 30, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
Water predates earth! It is probably almost as old as the universe itself. Water is synthesised during the formation of stars, and the universe is pervaded with water, in quantities far greater than you can actually imagine. Anything you've seen on earth pales in comparison.

Water is certainly no by-product of earths creation!
so basically,what's your point
Re: Who Created Water? by AgentOfAllah: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2017
swiz123:
so basically,what's your point
I thought I was answering your question. I should have been clearer: Nobody created water! Water, like many other chemical elements, compounds, molecules and minerals is a gift from the stars.

1 Like

Re: Who Created Water? by chieveboy(m): 10:31am On Jul 30, 2017
Interesting question smiley
Re: Who Created Water? by malvisguy212: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2017
swiz123:
Genesis 1 say, God created the heaven and earth. since the water above the heaven, and the water on the earth and the water beneath the earth were not separated yet. creating heaven and earth , its include water.
Re: Who Created Water? by johnydon22(m): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
swiz123:

''When in the height heaven was not named,
And the earth beneath did not yet bear a name,
And the primeval Apsu, who begat them,
And chaos, Tiamut, the mother of them both
Their waters were mingled together''

The above was hewn from the very first verse of the Enuma Elish, the Babylonian Creation myth believed to own the original motif and theme found in the first creation story of Genesis chapter one.

Pay keen attention to the words i quoted above from the scripture of Enuma Elish, again the Water appears as part of a preexisting value before or during creation.

This doesn't mean that Water is uncreated, the water as seen in the text can be represented with another word, Void, darkness, abyss, chaos.

The Bible just like the Enma Elish is a creation from Chaos Myth out of many of such stories scattered around the world cultures that is, in such a story from chaos myth chaos was a preexisting value before creation.

In such stories, chaos was the original state of everything before the God(s) comes along and ushers in order (cosmos). The cosmos literally means order as regard the universe.

In such themes the universe originally disordered, without form (water), void, abyss, deep is pieced together into an ordered system by God or Gods but also there are forces that wants to take the cosmos back to the original state which has a remarkable resemblance to the second law of thermodynamics, everything is always going towards disorder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created Water? by swiz123(m): 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
johnydon22:

''When in the height heaven was not named,
And the earth beneath did not yet bear a name,
And the primeval Apsu, who begat them,
And chaos, Tiamut, the mother of them both
Their waters were mingled together''

The above was hewn from the very first verse of the Enuma Elish, the Babylonian Creation myth believed to own the original motif and theme found in the first creation story of Genesis chapter one.

Pay keen attention to the words i quoted above from the scripture of Enuma Elish, again the Water appears as part of a preexisting value before or during creation.

This doesn't mean that Water is uncreated, the water as seen in the text can be represented with another word, Void, darkness, abyss, chaos.

The Bible just like the Enma Elish is a creation from Chaos Myth out of many of such stories scattered around the world cultures that is, in such a story from chaos myth chaos was a preexisting value before creation.

In such stories, chaos was the original state of everything before the God(s) comes along and ushers in order (cosmos). The cosmos literally means order as regard the universe.

In such themes the universe originally disordered, without form (water), void, abyss, deep is pieced together into an ordered system by God or Gods but also there are forces that wants to take the cosmos back to the original state which has a remarkable resemblance to the second law of thermodynamics, everything is always going towards disorder.

Thanks for your contribution sir.i will try and know more about the book enma elish

(1) (Reply)

Facts That Stand Against Evolution / We Are All Brainwashed, Yes, You Are Too. / Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.