Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Is It Wrong To Cheat A Cheat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Cheat A Cheat? (480 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Why It Is Wrong To Be Addressed As "Daddy G.O" And The Likes / Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Cheat A Cheat? by VoltageDivida(m): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2017
Morning to you all, sometime last week I and my brother went to a government parastatal to get something done. On our enquiry, we were shocked to hear that the service we requested for would be offered for a fee, we never expected this since it is a government organization and the service has always been free of charge (foc).
Fast forward...
After the job was done, my brother was asked to go to another desk to pay the bill, but he managed to to get out of the office without making the payment nor being noticed.
When we met outside the office was when he told me he did not make the payment. This made me felt guilty knowing that we just cheated those guys, but on the other hand, I felt happy knowing that I just avoided being cheated.
So I want to hear your opinions whether what we did was right or wrong.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cheat A Cheat? by swiz123(m): 8:54am On Jul 30, 2017
Is it right to be a hypocrite?
Re: Is It Wrong To Cheat A Cheat? by nNEOo(m): 8:59am On Jul 30, 2017
depends on how u view it ,left to me i'd say the very thought of it is a sympton of weakness,indicpline and a gross tendency to derail at the reason of self induced stupidity.

All this long talk is making me hungry.

Cheating a cheater makes you a cheat, you're not better that robinhood who think stealing and giving to those who can't steal makes him an upright man.

Now am damn hungry.
Re: Is It Wrong To Cheat A Cheat? by Nutase: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2017
Re: Is It Wrong To Cheat A Cheat? by ritzyvic1(m): 9:16am On Jul 30, 2017
Cheating a cheat makes one a cheat too and from Christian point of view I would say it's wrong and can never receive God's endorsement. However after Laban cheated Jacob by cashing in on his youthful foolishness and imposing 7 years of service for just bride price and even depriving him of the reward afterwards in order to get 7 more years of labor from him, Jacob retaliated by devising a trick to shift the equilibrium of a future business partnership to his own favor. It seemed God backed this but he actually didn't because success of the trick stemmed from simple laws of genetics that Jacob unwittingly utilized and not the trick.
But in the business world, one has to shrewd like a serpent without detracting from the dove like innocence requisite for true Christian discipleship

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Cheat A Cheat? by VoltageDivida(m): 10:17am On Jul 30, 2017
swiz123:
Is it right to be a hypocrite?
NO sir What would you have done?
Re: Is It Wrong To Cheat A Cheat? by VoltageDivida(m): 10:44am On Jul 30, 2017
ritzyvic1:
Cheating a cheat makes one a cheat too and from Christian point of view I would say it's wrong and can never receive God's endorsement. However after Laban cheated Jacob by cashing in on his youthful foolishness and imposing 7 years of service for just bride price and even depriving him of the reward afterwards in order to get 7 more years of labor from him, Jacob retaliated by devising a trick to shift the equilibrium of a future business partnership to his own favor. It seemed God backed this but he actually didn't because success of the trick stemmed from simple laws of genetics that Jacob unwittingly utilized and not the trick.
But in the business world, one has to shrewd like a serpent without detracting from the dove like innocence requisite for true Christian discipleship
Am sure many Christians would credit the success of the so called trick to Jacob's ingenuity and God's way of paying back Laban in his own coin, ignoring Jacob's own attempt to cheat back his master.
Thank you sharing this thought.

(1) (Reply)

Is Bilble God Imaginary Or Real? (A Clear Example Inside) / Herbalist Now Trade Recharge Card Pins For Sacrifice Materials (photos) / *single Sister Approaching Menopause, Are You Still Sleeping??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.