Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Personal Security - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Personal Security (830 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Personal Security by Udode(f): 1:48pm On Feb 09, 2010
Hi everyone,

i will be traveling to nigeria with my mum this summer and i am a bit worried about security. do you think it would be reasonable to get personal security (we are traveling to the east) and if so do you know any professional way to get that (police, embassy , ?)

thanks for helping!
Re: Personal Security by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 09, 2010
Na waoo! 9ja don turn war zone wey people d fear to enter or freely move around without security? Anyway, God wil be ur Guide. U can get Mobile Police if u have enof pepe.
Good luck!
Re: Personal Security by niceguy10: 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2010
Poster, Nigeria is not that bad that you will need a kind of Personal Security, i was home last year and i really do enjoy every bit of it. Good luck and hope you will enjoy your stay in our great country.
Re: Personal Security by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 09, 2010
@post

i think that with all the kidnappings news on tv, any person has the right to not feel safe about traveling outside lagos. i would definitely ask for security too if i was traveling to a unknown place.
Re: Personal Security by iz2much: 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2010
yes, almajiri grin grin grin boys in kano will do?? grin
Re: Personal Security by Hauwa1: 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2010
thought you've been there last year and should know better.

where are the pic you promised? wink
u dont need PS, but if you can afford one, go ahead.
Re: Personal Security by Udode(f): 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2010
I have been there, you are right, but this time i am going with my mum, so i am more scared for her than for myself, if they keep me there, thats fine with me, i love the country  grin

i couldnt upload the pics, i dont know why, i wonder if they are to big?
Re: Personal Security by snowdrops(m): 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2010
@ poster

security for nigerians in diaspora has been discussed on several occasions here and numerous useful tips given.

just scroll down on the home page, type in your keywords on the search engine and VUALA!! cool
Re: Personal Security by symbian03(m): 10:09pm On Feb 09, 2010
haha i sorry for you MR poster, please for the sake of your life and mother don't get any 'NIGERIA' police involved in your journey or travels. God will protect you and your mum, our country ain't that bad. You'll be fine. Contracting with 9ja police is more risk than even going alone. Yea, like me, if i see 'ARMED ROBBER' 4 ma right and 9ja police 4 ma left i'd run to the thief instead of the police coz already you know what the thief wants. But our police go, I rest my case just be careful and don't be too flashy.

(1) (Reply)

Mother Russia / Delete My Account Pls / Why Are There So Much Beggars In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.