Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

A Covenant With Eyes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Covenant With Eyes (253 Views)

Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. / Bible Stories (31): Isaac & Abimelech Make A Covenant / Incisions Are Blood Covenant With Evil Spirits. Listen To This Audio And Get Del (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Covenant With Eyes by phlopholly: 9:51am On Jul 30, 2017
Keep thyself pure.
—1 Timothy 5:22

Someone has said, “You cannot help the first look, but the second is sin.” Jesus indicated that you can engage in immorality by a look. The Bible places the “lust of the eye” right along with other major sins. Listen: “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.” Peter spoke of having “eyes full of adultery.” No wonder Job said, “I have made a covenant with my eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?” Your eyes see only what your soul allows them to see.

Prayer for the day
May my eyes be on You, Lord Jesus, for I need Your purity and love to fill my heart and mind.

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 5/9/17 Knowing Christ Personally / The Ground Is Not For You / Body Of Bodies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.