Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. (1057 Views)

How Do You Enter Into A Covenant With God For A Particular Target? / Blessedness Of Giving – Pastor Kumuyi / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by Metalman(m): 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2018
Good afternoon Nairalanders.
Please I need your sincerely and experience advice because my home is in disarray. Sometime in 2014, a friend and a university coursemate who had a singing ministry approached me to partner with him in his ministry by sowing monetary seed of any amount I decided. So I told him I will pray over it and get back to him. After a month, I told him that I want to be supporting him with #3000 per month. Then I was earning #58000 as a working graduate in the federal government ministry. The pastor told me after some months that he sees me going higher and getting a bigger job that will make me earn more than I am earning now and gave me a testimony about a lady who has been supporting his ministry and got elevated. Needless to say that my younger brother had also told me after fasting and prayers that he saw me getting another job where I will be earning #200,000 plus. That I should just quit the present job I was doing and wait for that one. I prayed about it and decided to stay on the present job till God change my job as He has confirmed to me in a dream. In less than 6 months into the job I got a job offer of #205,000 monthly. After settling down, I approached the pastor and promised to increase what I give him monthly to #7000. After a year, he called me to inform my that he has been ordained a pastor and he is starting a full church that he will have additional responsibilities and will appreciate it if I can add anything to the present sum I give. I agreed and started sending him #10,000 monthly till date. He was someone I knew but I had never had the opportunity to visit his ministry to see where my money has been going due to the tight schedules of my work thou he had invited me severally. Now back to the issue on ground. I got married in 2016 and before then told my wife about this guy and everything about me the pastor because he had also advised me to do that and get back to him. She seems cool with it and I told the pastor that there is no problems. This year 2018 she started telling me that must I be sending the pastor money monthly? Can't i reduce it and let it even been once in a while when we have enough? I met my wife in the same company I got this new job. We are at the same salary scale. She later reported the issue to mother who came to nurse our new born baby. The mother sat me down and adviced not to give that pastor money that I am not giving God money in the right way by giving that pastor the money. That it can be my local assembly or my parents and I will receive blessings. That I should stop it or unless there is more than meet the eye that I don't want anyone to know. My wife came up last week that she will not assist me in anything in my house since I still went ahead and send money to the pastor despite her plea, that I have enough money to send to a pastor and allow her to starve. She rained all manner of insults at me in front of her mother and our little baby. That henceforth foodstuffs she normally buy will be my responsibility, our baby, her up keep and her family will be solely mine to carter for. She has the pastor's phone number and she has threaten to call the him to iron out issues with him. She even quoted a scripture to me that "he who doesn't take care of his family is worse than an infidel" to justify her position. Dear nairalanders I need your help now. What should i do. Because as I am talking to you my marrage is been threaten, the plans we had together with my wife has scattered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by obaataaokpaewu: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
I'm not married, I'm not a pastor, I don't earn #205,000. So I will sit tight and allow people that meet the above criteria to comment.

1 Like

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by thesicilian: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
My first instinct was to quarrel with you for sending pastor money that's hard to come by, pastors are not God, and blah blah blah. But after carefully reading through and seeing how both you and the pastor have gotten to where you are currently, and how you have carried your wife along since she came into your home, and how what you're doing seems to be working for you, all I can say is for you to approach the issue with more caution.

If you and your wife are on the same salary scale as you say, then the 10,000 monthly is definitely not your wife's problem. Try to find out why she's truly not happy with you and resolve it. Whether to stop the monthly assistance to the pastor for his ministerial work or not is solely your decision to make, the covenant is between you, him and God. But you need to understand your wife and what really is bothering her. Only then can you have peace at home.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by Oyindidi(f): 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2018
Do as your wife talk, know one thing a door is about to close for you.
Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by spongeisback: 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2018
Ok..... Going by your post, you don't have enough to feed your family and you're "sowing into someone's ministry". You don't even need your wife to tell you that you need to stop.

You've been giving him all this years now that it has become a burden, why don't you reduce the amount or give him once a while? Your family right now should be your priority.

Although I see the man of God having a vision about your wife being the cause of your problems if you stop. So it's up to you to choose between a happy marriage or a broken home.

1 Like

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by Ahmed0336(m): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
Bro Allow peace to reign in your home. That is one of the disadvantages of marrying a wife who works same place as you.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by HappyPagan: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
You just dey help person build im business, and no be only you o, una plenty. Free of charge..

You've been made a fool in the name of Jesus, just like so many others before you... Soon he will build big church to collect tithe and he will tell you it's God and you will agree and shout "amen, bless you, Pastor!!' grin grin grin

cry cry
... See people advising you to 'beg' so your 'voluntary' contribution can be reduced... grin grin grin

You people are mad, very mad... cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by yanabasee(m): 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
When you marry a woman that earns the same salary with you.....she will often feel equal and pompous over literally everything....

Op.... You must learn how to speak as the last voice at your home..... She should not decide for you in this manner,...

Giving is healthy..... She is stingy and sounds evil to me!!
Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2018
Omo, Mugu still plenty gan for this our Country oooo. You sure say I no go go open church for my village and call it "Garden of Eden Evangelical Temple of Christ" ? grin

4 Likes

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by HappyPagan: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2018
Zoharariel:
Omo, Mugu still plenty gan for this our Country oooo. You sure say I no go go open church for my village and call it "Garden of Eden Evangelical Temple of Christ" ? grin
You no go surprise say that church fit don get four branches for your village.... the Gooseple must be spread..
Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by RSVP: 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by Dremskeji(m): 1:47pm On Dec 28, 2018
Metalman:
Please I need your sincerely and experience advice because my home is in disarray. Sometime in 2014, a friend and a university coursemate who had a singing ministry approached me to partner with him in his ministry by sowing monetary seed of any amount I decided. So I told him I will pray over it and get back to him. After a month, I told him that I want to be supporting him with #3000 per month. Then I was earning #58000 as a working graduate in the federal government ministry. The pastor told me after some months that he sees me going higher and getting a bigger job that will make me earn more than I am earning now and gave me a testimony about a lady who has been supporting his ministry and got elevated. Needless to say that my younger brother had also told me after fasting and prayers that he saw me getting another job where I will be earning #200,000 plus. That I should just quit the present job I was doing and wait for that one. I prayed about it and decided to stay on the present job till God change my job as He has confirmed to me in a dream. In less than 6 months into the job I got a job offer of #205,000 monthly. After settling down, I approached the pastor and promised to increase what I give him monthly to #7000. After a year, he called me to inform my that he has been ordained a pastor and he is starting a full church that he will have additional responsibilities and will appreciate it if I can add anything to the present sum I give. I agreed and started sending him #10,000 monthly till date. He was someone I knew but I had never had the opportunity to visit his ministry to see where my money has been going due to the tight schedules of my work thou he had invited me severally. Now back to the issue on ground. I got married in 2016 and before then told my wife about this guy and everything about me the pastor because he had also advised me to do that and get back to him. She seems cool with it and I told the pastor that there is no problems. This year 2018 she started telling me that must I be sending the pastor money monthly? Can't i reduce it and let it even been once in a while when we have enough? I met my wife in the same company I got this new job. We are at the same salary scale. She later reported the issue to mother who came to nurse our new born baby. The mother sat me down and adviced not to give that pastor money that I am not giving God money in the right way by giving that pastor the money. That it can be my local assembly or my parents and I will receive blessings. That I should stop it or unless there is more than meet the eye that I don't want anyone to know. My wife came up last week that she will not assist me in anything in my house since I still went ahead and send money to the pastor despite her plea, that I have enough money to send to a pastor and allow her to starve. She rained all manner of insults at me in front of her mother and our little baby. That henceforth foodstuffs she normally buy will be my responsibility, our baby, her up keep and her family will be solely mine to carter for. She has the pastor's phone number and she has threaten to call the him to iron out issues with him. She even quoted a scripture to me that "he who doesn't take care of his family is worse than an infidel" to justify her position. Dear nairalanders I need your help now. What should i do. Because as I am talking to you my marrage is been threaten, the plans we had together with my wife has scattered.

I can relate with your situation bro but the simple lesson your wife has taught you now is that when you do good do not let your left hand knows what your right hand is doing.

In as much as I support being open to your wife through and through, I believe the mindset of some wives cannot comprehend some things especially when it doesn't have a direct benefit on her union with you.

This is my opinion, try speak with your Pastor Friend in private about this issue and make him understand why you might not necessarily be consistent in supporting him at the moment.
I believe if his calling is sure, it will not be a burden to him considering the fact that you've never complained such to him before now.

At this point, put your union first and ensure your future seeds is between you and God alone cos your wife might halt the flow again.
Who knows whether your seeds is the leverage your family is even enjoying at this moment.

The lesson here for everyone is that if your partner is not supportive � to your spiritual investments or instructions, just keep these things to yourself. It's not an offence abeg! Abraham, Isaac and Joseph (Jesus's father) did same.

1 Like

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by CAPSLOCKED: 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
I AM ALSO A PASTOR, PLEASE, GIVE ME SOME MONEY. cry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by gazilion: 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
Metalman:

You started well but you are missing it now. There's nothing bad in having a partnership in ministry but two things you said caught my attention. Firstly, since you have not been to the man's ministry to see how he is faring, what he preaches and how your money is being used, it is very wrong to keep giving.

Secondly, you are now married and your family comes first! Your wife has spoken to you about her concerns and her mum too. Sometimes, women see what we men do not see on time. If your family is suffering and you are giving to a ministry you cannot account for, then there is no wisdom in it.[b]

[b]I will suggest, to save your family and kill the brewing family problem. Stop the giving until you have enough to carter for the family needs and have also won over your wife on the issue of seed sowing and ministerial partnership. Remember, that pastor cannot help you if your marriage is broken! Save you wife the stress, save your marriage and relationship. Support your local church and let the partner pastor know that at the moment, the brook is dried up until further notice. I made a similar mistake before.
Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
Your story is hilarious. If you wanna give your pastor friend money, do that. Dont become a mumu that pay him monthly salary.

You are making that dude rich

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
gazilion:

You started well but you are missing it now. There's nothing bad in having a partnership in ministry but two things you said caught my attention. Firstly, since you have not been to the man's ministry to see how he is faring, what he preaches and how your money is being used, it is very wrong to keep giving.

Secondly, you are now married and your family comes first! Your wife has spoken to you about her concerns and her mum too. Sometimes, women see what we men do not see on time. If your family is suffering and you are giving to a ministry you cannot account for, then there is no wisdom in it.[b]

[b]I will suggest, to save your family and kill the brewing family problem. Stop the giving until you have enough to carter for the family needs and have also won over your wife on the issue of seed sowing and ministerial partnership. Remember, that pastor cannot help you if your marriage is broken! Save you wife the stress, save your marriage and relationship. Support your local church and let the partner pastor know that at the moment, the brook is dried up until further notice. I made a similar mistake before.
I don't believe in churches and pastors today cos they ruined our family and left us to suffer. It took my dad and I years to get up from where they left us.

I can never trust any pastor

2 Likes

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by gazilion: 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
Dremskeji:

I can relate with your situation bro but the simple lesson your wife has taught you now is that when you do good do not let your left hand knows what your right hand is doing.

In as much as I support being open to your wife through and through, I believe the mindset of some wives cannot comprehend some things especially when it doesn't have a direct benefit on her union with you.

This is my opinion, try speak with your Pastor Friend in private about this issue and make him understand why you might not necessarily be consistent in supporting him at the moment.
I believe if his calling is sure, it will not be a burden to him considering the fact that you've never complained such to him before now.

At this point, put your union first and ensure your future seeds is between you and God alone cos your wife might halt the flow again.
Who knows whether your seeds is the leverage your family is even enjoying at this moment.

The lesson here for everyone is that if your partner is not supportive � to your spiritual investments or instructions, just keep these things to yourself. It's not an offence abeg! Abraham, Isaac and Joseph (Jesus's father) did same.

Arrg..I won't support him telling the pastor friend that the wife is the problem. The pastor friend if not matured enough, would begin to see the wife as an enemy. Secondly, as the husband, always protect your wife's weaknesses. In this case, it's not like the wife does not support him afterall, she never raised any issues since 2016! They have needs in the family and she's under pressure the money can help them out.

True, save your marriage first. Find a good excuse for your pastor friend without showing him your wife as the problem. Then, gradually lecture your wife to see the benefits of seed sowing (especially if this pastor is genuine)!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by xtivin2: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2018
Real men don't tell a woman everything. That's your mistake.
Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by budaatum: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2018
Op, should you not be saving that 10k a month to educate your own children or start a business or for the day when it rains, instead of thinking you are buying your way into heaven?

Grow a spine and dump that leech of a pastor off your back please, I beg you, and agree with your wife whom I suppose your God put you together with in a relationship no one else should come between, to put that money aside every month!

The pastor and your brother did not get you this job, despite their so called vision. If you had not utilised your very own supposedly God given abilities you wouldn't be earning what you do! But if you don't think so, please send me 10k a month too, and I'll just say it comes from my moremoneythansense fool of a benefactor!

1 Like

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by OkaiCorne(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2018
I have never been in support of monetary tithes and firstfruits.

However, this is a different scenario altogether. Why should the man be discouraged from supporting the Pastor's ministry?

Is it a bad thing to give to the church out of your freewill?

If the man eventually reneges on the monthly pledge he made to the Pastor...will the 10k automatically solve all the financial challenges the family is going through?

1 Like

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by alBHAGDADI: 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2018
Your wife is greedy and selfish. She wants it all to herself. Your collective salary is N400K, and so I wonder what your family needs so much that it can't spare 10K to support God.

Be the man and the authority of your house. It's what you want that your wife should also want for you. Tell her mum not to interfer in such issues anymore or else it will affect you to the point where they will gang up against you.

You see, the pastor has not made you give him money out of compulsion. You saw the good you were deriving from it that's why you continued even when you were earning less. If you listen to your wife whom I think is myopic, it still won't stop God's work from getting support elsewhere. But what will happen is that you will lose a winning formula.

Remember how Adam stupidly listened to his wife Eve and ate that fruit. Because of that one fruit, he lost a whole garden full of trees with different fruits.

Sit your wife down and be a man. Tell her that your family has been surviving without 10K. That 10K is not what will make you live like kings. If she is truly your wife, then 10k given to Church won't stop her from playing her role as wife.

Her fears is that the pastor has an influence in your family, so she believes cutting the 10K will help cutting him off. Don't allow your woman's emotions control your family. If you do as she says and things go bad, she will still blame you for not being man enough to lead the family by falling for her rants.

Be the man of the house, your rules should stand.
Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Remember how Adam stupidly listened to his wife Eve and ate that fruit. Because of that one fruit, he lost a whole garden full of trees with different fruits.

Shut up! The story of Adam & Eve was fabricated & plagiarized from the Sumerian Tablets by your Roman Masters.

The garden of Eden was located in the present-day Iraq. You can still go there if you want to. grin

Stop misleading the OP. You can give your bank a standing order to share half of your salary (that is if you're not jobless) among Redeem, Winners, MFM, Deeper Life & other 419 business centers every month. grin

This is 2018, and not 6BC. Use your head!

If there's any God who wants money, Let the bastard come down from the sky & collect it himself. Hahahahaaaa! grin

3 Likes

Re: Giving Pastor Money Monthy As A Covenant Partnership Is Breaking My Home Apart. by sukerefakere(m): 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2018
Zoharariel:
you have been saying this for 2 years now

(1) (Reply)

Real Reason Why Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome, CAN Shun TB Joshua’s Burial / Supernatural Experiences Don't Count As Proof Of A "God". Here's Why / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.