Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Doctors Often Don’t Tell You About Drug Side Effects, And That’s A Problem - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Often Don’t Tell You About Drug Side Effects, And That’s A Problem (486 Views)

10 Effects Of Alcohol on The Body / What You Should Know About Drug Resistant Tuberculosis (DR-TB) / Masturbation, Negative Side Effects And Spiritual Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Often Don’t Tell You About Drug Side Effects, And That’s A Problem by infotimeline: 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
Several months ago I developed a stomachache after taking an over-the-counter medication for symptoms suggesting acid reflux.

When I told the doctor about my reaction, she said the medication, which she had prescribed, should not have caused my stomachache.

But the Food and Drug Administration lists stomach pain and upset stomach as among the drug’s possible side effects. The episode reminded me that physicians rarely counsel me on side effects when they tell me to take a medication.

Other people feel the same way, I’ve discovered, lamenting drug side effects and looking for answers and moral support on Internet message boards.

So I started to wonder: How much knowledge do doctors have about medications? What can patients do to educate and protect themselves?

https://www.infoislife.com/doctors-often-dont-tell-drug-side-effects-thats-problem/
Re: Doctors Often Don’t Tell You About Drug Side Effects, And That’s A Problem by geunik(m): 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
infotimeline:
Several months ago I developed a stomachache after taking an over-the-counter medication for symptoms suggesting acid reflux.

When I told the doctor about my reaction, she said the medication, which she had prescribed, should not have caused my stomachache.

But the Food and Drug Administration lists stomach pain and upset stomach as among the drug’s possible side effects. The episode reminded me that physicians rarely counsel me on side effects when they tell me to take a medication.

Other people feel the same way, I’ve discovered, lamenting drug side effects and looking for answers and moral support on Internet message boards.

So I started to wonder: How much knowledge do doctors have about medications? What can patients do to educate and protect themselves?

https://www.infoislife.com/doctors-often-dont-tell-drug-side-effects-thats-problem/
it is unfortunate that nigerians do not know the duty of a doctor. Pharmacists are drug xpert. Consult one and you will get all your questions answered. Am not talking of patent medicine dealers please. Check my signature for my blog and see some relevant post on drugs

1 Like

Re: Doctors Often Don’t Tell You About Drug Side Effects, And That’s A Problem by wittywelz(m): 3:08am On Jan 30, 2018
Because drugs seem to profer a relief from a particular ailment, people don't seem to care if it creates another one, The better way to live Is to attend to the root cause of the problem, when wellness is the goal, our body naturally moves towards a healthy state. No side effects, no trial and error. I'll gladly assist anyone on this.

Re: Doctors Often Don’t Tell You About Drug Side Effects, And That’s A Problem by RemedyLab: 9:37am On Jan 30, 2018
For every pill you take, there is one or two side effect.

Here are the medicinal benefit of common herbs and spices @ www.naturalremedylab.com

(1) (Reply)

What You Didn’t Know About Apple Cider Vinegar / Top 10 Most Difficult And Dangerous Surgeries / Ladies:8 Awesome Benefits Of Sleeping Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.