Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE (4462 Views)

Meaning Of Yahoo Boy [picture] / Young Promising Auchi Poly Student Shot Dead After Police Label Him ‘yahoo Boy' / Little Lagos Boy Who Swore He Wants To Be A Yahoo Boy Starts School (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by ObileyeAbolaji: 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
The activities and actions of Yahoo boys in Nigeria can be summarized in three dimensions;

the good,

the bad,

and the ugly sides.

YOU NEED TO SEE THE AWKWARD LIFESTYLES WORTH NEGLECTING
SOURCE; http://www.realitiesoftoday.com/2017/07/ten-awkward-lifestyles-of-yahoo-boys.html
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by Emperor119(m): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
As promised earlier on a post on this blog "Why Yahoo Boys Lifestyle is all You Need to Win Big in Life" to uncover the awkward lifestyles of Yahoo boy worth neglecting to the core amidst the good attitude itemized earlier, I now publish this for your reading and digestion. In essence, the operations, activities and actions of Yahoo boys reflect; the good, the bad and the ugly side. Justice has been made on the good side of these folks worth emulating while the bad and the ugly side will be discussed in this article.
Basically, the awkward lifestyles of newbie and long-time Yahoo boys are as follows;
1. Binge drinking of alcohol/spirits
2. Lavish spending on luxuries
3. Quest for money at all cost
4. Womanizing
5. Heavy smoking of any kind - cigarette, shisha, kanaku, skunk, weed...
6. Excessive use of narcotic drugs
7. Immoral dress sense
8. Clubbing every now and then
9. Zero regards for tomorrow
10. Zero regards for the family name.
Without mincing words, 90% of Yahoo boys/men today lived day-to-day on the highlighted which will remain injurious and damaging if followed fully or partly to all and sundry. For better clarity, these awkward lifestyles enlisted above are explained further.
RELATED; What Makes Cybercrime Grows Tremendously Among Nigerian Youths Today
BINGE DRINKING
This is one of the awkward lifestyles of Yahoo boys worth neglecting due to it's social and health implications respectively. On a social note, it is highly inspirational for the gathering of men but it could lead to unnecessary arguements/fights due to the level of individual alcohol/spirits in-take.
On the other hand, the health implication so excessive drinking bears much consequence on the lifespan of such perpetrator because most of their intake are spirits, dry gin or pure ethanol. Invariably, binge drinking is an awkward lifestyle adopted by Yahoo boys all in the name of being rich and famous forgetting the fact that moderacy is key in sailing through all endeavours.
LAVISH SPENDING ON LUXURIES
Well, the way and manner people get their money to an extent determine how they spend it. This is why real business mogul only receives salary from their businesses rather than spending the business money lavishly.
In this case, Yahoo boys from far and near - new and old folks spend excessively/lavishly/provocatively all in the name of living the life of their dreams. They pump whooping sum of money in; cars, clothes, jewellery (especially expensive ones) and lots more. Don't follow their footsteps, they are living for today and don't be surprised they might be nowhere to be found tomorrow.
QUEST FOR MONEY AT ALL COST
The lifestyles of Yahoo boys today justifies the popular saying "Money is the root of all evil". This saying remains debunkable because the orientation/interest/attitude of people differs from any point of view especially when money is the focus.
Well, it is good to be ambitious and desirous of goodies of life - money, fame and power. But the way and manner people sort-after these remains breathtaking in Nigeria of today. To the Yahoo boys, money is all they want, through any means without minding the end-result on themselves and their families.
MUST READ: Do These Things Consistently if you Need Job Desperately in Nigeria
WOMANIZING
This lifestyle is not only linkable to Yahoo boys but rather to anybody who has the wherewithal (as a result of their profession/occupation) - money, pretty face, cars, jewelleries e.t.c. However, the way and manner Yahoo boys operate in this ministry remains super in nature. To an extent, they are the King in the business because they spend lavishly on whatsoever that interests them - leaving a large number of covetous girls of today with no choice other than to dance to their tune. Through this dealing, most ladies have lost their lives - money rituals while some are actually working for their money as Yahoo girls; Olori Wire, Wire Bitch e.t.c.
HEAVY SMOKING OF ANY KIND
There is no gain saying smokers are liable to die young when some puff daddies lived longer than anticipated. On another note, the fact still remains that smoking is highly injurious to the smoker and paramountly its inhalants. Due to the health implications, Yahoo boys who can smoke anything (weed, skunk, kanaku, shisha..) on any platform is worth avoiding to the core.
EXCESSIVE USE OF NARCOTIC DRUGS
Drug use/abuse is a proven issue emphasised by drug law enforcement agencies in Nigeria to avoid unnecessary incident/accident (killing of a fellow being, public stupidity...). Yahoo boys today are living examples of people who use drugs for the support of their task or enjoyment but its effect can be devastating if abused.
IMMORAL DRESS SENSE
Most Yahoo boys today dress in a certain way that they will be easily spotted while some actually dress in rags to avoid being noticed. This lifestyle is not encouraging at all because they ain't proud of their dealings. Special thanks to them for the popularity of sagging and the use of designers worth more than what their parents can afford.
READ ALSO; Five Places Knowledge can be Easily Acquired in Life - No.3 will Amaze you
CLUBBING EVERY NOW AND THEN
This is simply the house of most Yahoo boys when they hit their target. Note, this is not a place to visit frequently but because they want to feel superior over other participants "Game Boys", they go extra mile to keep themselves as regulars.
ZERO REGARD FOR TOMORROW
Tomorrow in itself is a mirage in totality, hence, Yahoo boys believe in their day-day endeavours. This is why they go broke and therefore resort to rituals just to continue their usual daily routine activity. Only relatively few like 'investorbj' give regard for tomorrow.
ZERO REGARD FOR FAMILY NAME
Due to the nature of their hustle, they tend to neglect their family names to front nick names just to cover their shiii. Invariably, the damage they are doing to themselves will also be traced back to somewhere since they do not drop from the trees like mangoes. Hence, remember to live day in day out protecting your family name always. Don't be like them, family first.
Above all, the highlighted awkward lifestyles of Yahoo boys above should guide you on how to live a purposeful life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
Wtf

I wave my wand and cast a spell on this thread

Volda molda no clika no like

For this no one will click your link or like your post

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by fbtowner(m): 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nice post. Oo please rearrange with space and paragraph

You got them by balls
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by Haniel18: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
cheesy
u mean dem o,dey do u Strong tin
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
fbtowner:
Nice post. Oo please rearrange with space and paragraph

You got them by balls

Come on let's be real , I am not a Yahoo boy but let's engage in factual and mature conversation on this topic ?

2 Likes

Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by Fweshspice(m): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nt always true!
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by fbtowner(m): 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lakeside79:

Come on let's be real , I am not a Yahoo boy but let's engage in factual and mature conversation on this topic ?

Ok what exactly are you getting at. You sure know that's how majority of them lives. Just the exception of few. Very few
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
fbtowner:

Ok what exactly are you getting at. You sure know know that's how majority of them lives. Just the exception of few. Very few

The thing is , the part which I disagree with is the family name ...

Everyone has their story and why they do what they do.

But trust me everyone cares about their family name
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by fbtowner(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lakeside79:

The thing is , the part which I disagree with is the family name ...

Everyone has their story and why they do what they do.

But trust me everyone cares about their family name

Well, it is not the case for all of them. Most like to be call funny names. That you will hardly know their real name
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
fbtowner:

Well,

Lol

It's good you get me

Some even went in to save their family
It is what it is bro
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by fbtowner(m): 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lakeside79:

Lol

It's good you get me

Some even went in to save their family
It is what it is bro

Yeah from my view of life I don't blame anyone for doing whatever they choose. Life is hard especially down here in Nigeria

You need to buy even a normal life at an expensive rate

A life where u have a roof over your head, eat 3 times a day and maybe have a small car for moving around

That life is so expensive here in Nigeria unlike other countries

What ever anyone choose he or she should also be ready for the consequences

1 Like

Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by ObileyeAbolaji: 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
special thanks to all contributors.

I ain't trying to shade anyone here, just trying to relaying realities they way it is @the moment.

As early as this country started, the issues affecting its growth and development differs from what we have today.

As regards the last post by LAKESIDE79, i strongly believe the fact the economy is breathtaking - that is not an enough reason to neglect/substitute the agreed on norms and values.

If everybody around you seems corrupt,

Is that enough reason for you to join them.

BE REAL.

I REP REALITIES OF TODAY'S BLOG
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by ip2121918021(m): 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
/
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by ObileyeAbolaji: 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
that's how we roll at Realities of Today's Blog.

blog url - www.realitiesoftoday.com
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
fbtowner:

Yeah from my view of life I don't blame anyone for doing whatever they choose. Life is hard especially down here in Nigeria

You need to buy even a normal life at an expensive rate

A life where u have a roof over your head, eat 3 times a day and maybe have a small car for moving around

That life is so expensive here in Nigeria unlike other countries

What ever anyone choose he or she should also be ready for the consequences

I have nothing but the utmost respect for u bro, u are a real man who respects others views , very rare on this forum .

Get your hot tools at discounts

See prices below

2 Shares

Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by ObileyeAbolaji: 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2017
We are all entitled to our opinion -- even identical twins delivered in the same hour of the day, still tend to view life the appropriate way it seem to them as ADULT.

The bottom line of the piece - Live responsibly
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by gbzed(m): 10:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
You can say most of dem do that but not all I know one guy for my arena u no fit no say na Gee boi, d guy get four bet9ja shop, and he is always wearing nickers upandan, even his car sef na Honda Babyboy

1 Like

Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by Desyner: 1:50am On Jul 31, 2017
Yahoo bot that can't speak simple english and can't shut down a PC . . . is that one a yahoo boy?
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by samlexxy: 3:31am On Jul 31, 2017
i just dont know everyone's ish with yahoo boys and men these days...everywhere you go you find a post about yahoo boys...guess that is the new way to gain traffic right...i aint preaching the fact that yahoo is good...but please...i think we have had enough of this already...just let it slide...you live your life the way you want so do they...im very sure you wont answer for any of them in heaven...so why are you stressing??
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by abbeyty(m): 6:39am On Jul 31, 2017
Stop calling them yahoo boy, most of them are ritualist or armed robbers.
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by ObileyeAbolaji: 8:27am On Jul 31, 2017
let us address them with what they actually started from.

The issue is still trending, thats why you find posts here and there about them.

If it might interest you, they also have some positive values worth emulating.

SEE: http://www.realitiesoftoday.com/2017/06/why-adopting-yahoo-boy-lifestyle-is-all.html
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by Alitair(m): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2017
in korede bello's voice "if u say na yahoo, then go do ur own" *Case rested*
Re: Ten Awkward Lifestyles Of "Yahoo Boy" Worth Neglecting To The CORE by ObileyeAbolaji: 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
LOL - funny u
Alitair:
in korede bello's voice "if u say na yahoo, then go do ur own"
*Case rested*

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Has Cancelled The Just Concluded Post Utme Exams / Unilorin Post Utme Screening Date Now Announced! / Pls Help! Sample Questions For Mtn Scholarship Aptitude Test. Thanks!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.