Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. (14835 Views)

Trailer On Fire On River Niger Bridge, Onitsha (Photos) / Driver And Passenger Trapped Inside Trailer On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / IMSU Student Crushed To Death By Trailer On His Way To Exam This Morning (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by dacovajnr: 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
That number 5 Ehn! grin grin I detest driving even close..i prefer staying behind those ones that carries Containers till the coast is clear enough to move further away from them..
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nicepoker(m): 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
op trailer drivers are not reckless. it's just that we see other tiny vehicles as ants on the same road. sorry
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
I remember when I was still learning how to drive... On a particular day, I was with my instructor in enugu/ph express road, I saw MARK trailer behind... I turn master that day... If u see how I fire motor that day overtake am eh.. U go say this guy na baba!
grin
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by mirrakk(m): 11:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
trucking is one of the best jobs. just in Nigeria wet everything spoil. I am a truck manager as well a truck driver and I can bet I have not had any issue with other road users. it all depend on a drivers education. In Nigeria most truck drivers are illiterates. baba mufu and fatai them.
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by mirrakk(m): 11:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nicepoker:
op trailer drivers are not reckless. it's just that we see other tiny vehicles as ants on the same road. sorry

very true especially for drunk drivers. do you do trucking as well?
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 31, 2017
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 31, 2017
Xlpacks:
I remember when I was still learning how to drive... On a particular day, I was with my instructor in enugu/ph express road, I saw MARK trailer behind ... I turn master that day... If u see how I fire motor that day overtake am eh.. U go say this guy na baba!
grin

Lai Mohammed d Overtaker

Abi na Undertaker yhu be

At the BOLDED
Oya come and explain how yhu overtake undertake motor wey dey ya behind

1 Like

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by ThatCEO: 2:51am On Jul 31, 2017
Where is autojosh? You should be ashamed of yourself for passing your cowardice to your readers. See as all of them they piss for pant. There is no big deal in overtaking a trailer.
1. Make sure that he sees you.
2. Drive very close to him, and don't give him so much respect. I mean, don't be driving 5 feet away from a trailer.
3. Overtaking a trailer is sometimes like having sex. Slowly is sweeter, but you can as well fire past him.
4. Why the hell are you scared?

I can explain these points in-depth but no be my Papa work.
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Sodijan(m): 6:41am On Jul 31, 2017
True talk
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Timijo(m): 7:18am On Jul 31, 2017
autojosh:
Some of us are fond of competing with trailers on the road… and our panel beaters over-bill us after our over-skill fails. I have been bitten once, so now, I avoid them like.. I don’t want trouble.

During the first-to-go competition, several drivers get carried away with the aim of being the winner until they lose big time.. heading to the repair shop after plenty “I beg Sir”.

For me, my therapy is to think of my safety. So, I just let them go. Let’s talk about some of the things you should remember before you compete, probably, they could help you too:

Trailer Drivers Are Reckless And Aggressive
Most trailer drivers are aggressive and reckless when behind the wheels.. especially when driving under the influence of what you might call it. This is evidenced by the number of trailers reported in road accidents on a daily basis.

So if you want to compete, look for your mate.

They May Not Even See You
Those trailers have enormous blind spots. This is a major reason they usually have motor boys (Co-pilot).. Some co-pilots that can’t drive. I hardly trust their judgement. Some of them will just tell the driver to be coming.. be coming.. until you hear…

Your Vehicle Could Get Damaged
When this happened to me several years back, I then took the car to a panel beater who even caused more damage to the car. I never believed the guy would use sharp metal rod to puncture the body of the car that was smoothly dented by the trailer’s tyre.

They Can Waste Your Time
A minute waiting time can save you several hours of delay. The sad thing is, those trailers don’t even leave small dents.. they damage your car well so you guys can argue for hours and you’ll spend additional time at the repair shop. After spending the time, you’ll still spend the money.

Your Life Is At Stake
Even if you don’t love yourself, AutoJosh loves you. So please think twice and drive with caution. Many have been killed, containers have falling on several others. Avoid driving beside them even in traffic. It’s either you are behind them or you are in front running for your dear life.

Please don’t misconstrue, I am not saying you should be timid on the road and park anytime you hear the word “Trailer”.. A smart driver will know when to go and an excellent driver will know when to hold back. Strike a balance and be a safety conscious driver.

I am sure you have gone through this ordeal before. So, add your consolation strategy let’s learn from you too.

https://autojosh.com/x-factor-to-consider-before-you-compete-with-a-trailer-on-the-road/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
I like this your piece. As for me, I follow them carefully until I can see that the front is crystal clear before I overtake. Some of them that I have met are nice, they will give me arm signal to go when they notice that I am following them gently. But there are reckless ones who will leave their lanes or drive at the centre of the road to prevent you from overtaking them. I use to follow those ones carefully until I have my way to go.

1 Like

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 31, 2017
IsThisNickTaken:

Lai Mohammed d Overtaker

Abi na Undertaker yhu be

At the BOLDED
Oya come and explain how yhu overtake undertake motor wey dey ya behind
sorry, I actually meant my front...
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Fearlez: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2017
johnwizey:
Made me remember the first tym i drove on a highway, all was going well until i cited this dangote trailer coming behind me with full speed. I quickly parked and even got out of the car before it got to me, i cannor cum and die. I saw the motor boy laffing at me as the idiot driver speed passed me. The swear wey i gv that driver that day no be here. I had to call my bro to cum drive the car cos i no ft but i still fear dem trailer till now
So trailer overtake you for highway? What were you doing? 80km/hr? grin
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nicepoker(m): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2017
mirrakk:

very true especially for drunk drivers. do you do trucking as well?
yeah. that was around 2011 to 2014.
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Fourwinds: 10:00am On Jul 31, 2017
johnwizey:
Made me remember the first tym i drove on a highway, all was going well until i cited this dangote trailer coming behind me with full speed. I quickly parked and even got out of the car before it got to me, i cannor cum and die. I saw the motor boy laffing at me as the idiot driver speed passed me. The swear wey i gv that driver that day no be here. I had to call my bro to cum drive the car cos i no ft but i still fear dem trailer till now
Oboy u wan kill me with laughter.....chai.!!!!
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nathanieloo7(m): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2017
never compete with a trailer especially (DANGOTE) driven by an aboki man

1 Like

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by tripoli007(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
Whenever I am overtaking a trailer,I must make sure say coast don clear and I will then blast my horn all thru ..till I don overtake the trailer
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by mirrakk(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nicepoker:
yeah. that was around 2011 to 2014.

wao. why did you stop the job.
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nicepoker(m): 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
mirrakk:

wao. why did you stop the job.
too much of stress jare.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aviation Security To Start Carrying Arms In Nigeria / Abuja Airpot Runway 96% Ready, Re-opens Next Week Wednesday -Hadi Sirika / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.