Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Unemployment, Reason For Crises In Nigeria - Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unemployment, Reason For Crises In Nigeria - Minister (606 Views)

Crises In Jos, Police Station Burnt - Photos / Switzerland To Transfer $300Million Abacha Loot To Nigeria – Minister / Meet Hadi Sirika Katsina Billionaire Tipped To Be Nigeria's Minister Of Aviation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unemployment, Reason For Crises In Nigeria - Minister by lizfab(f): 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
THE Minister of Labour and Productivity, Prince Adetokunbo Kayode, has said major crises being witnessed all over the country are traceable to unemployment.

Prince Kayode said if the people were engaged and employed, it would be difficult for them to cause crisis in the country.

He, however, promised that efforts were ongoing to ensure that jobs were created for the majority of Nigerians so as to put an end to such crises.

The minister stated this in Abuja, during a reception for the 47-man delegation of the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) who travelled to Turkey on a study tour.
The minister, who said this year was year of employment, added that “the duty of every government is to put its people to work.

“When a government creates opportunity for the people to be employed, then it is really responsible for the welfare of the people and this is the mandate of government.”

Kayode then challenged the Federal Government and the National Assembly to ensure that 2010 was a budget of employment and empowerment of the people.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/1047-unemployment-reason-for-crises-in-nigeria-minister.html
Re: Unemployment, Reason For Crises In Nigeria - Minister by snowdrops(m): 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2010
Oh what a surprise shocked shocked shocked

Nigerian minister says unemployment is the reason for crisis in the country

My God!! I never knew that. What a revelation.

I.D.I.O.T
Re: Unemployment, Reason For Crises In Nigeria - Minister by snowdrops(m): 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2010
snowdrops:

Oh what a surprise shocked shocked shocked

Nigerian minister says unemployment is the reason for crisis in the country

My God!! I never knew that. What a revelation.

I.D.I.O.T
The minister that is not you dear

(1) (Reply)

Polemical Statement / Ogbulafor, Governors Unable To See Yar’adua / Strong Earthquake Hits Taiwan; 64 People Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.