Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? (1938 Views)

Should Pastors Who Commit Adultery Be Permanently Banned From Pastoring? / Zainab Aliyu Released: Are Some Nigerians More Important Than Others? CAN Asks / 7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by plainbibletruth: 10:49am On Jul 31, 2017
Did Mohamed Commit Adultery with Zainab Before Adoption was Abrogated?

Mohamed could (and indeed did) have as many wives as he wanted. But of all people it was a cousin of his, who was the wife of his adopted son that attracted his fancy.

The story goes like this:
One day Mohamed went to visit Zaid, his adopted son, but he was not at home. Arriving there and going in Mohamed saw Zainab (Zaid’s wife) somewhat physically exposed and he was moved by the beauty of his daughter-in-law. (Now, it was Mohamed himself who married Zainab, his cousin, to Zaid, his son). On leaving, Mohamed made a comment which Zainab reported to her husband Zaid. Zaid knew Mohamed well and knew that the comment meant that Mohamed was physically interested in his wife. Zaid also knew whatever Mohamed wanted he would get at all cost. Zaid knew he had to give in to Mohamed or end up becoming a target of Mohamed. Zaid went to Mohamed and declared his intention (?) to divorce his wife so Mohamed could marry her if this is what Mohamed so desired. Mohamed appeared to initially refuse, encouraging his adopted son to retain his wife. But Zaid, who appeared to know better, divorced his wife and, presto, Mohamed was commanded by Allah to then marry Zainab, his adopted son's divorcee.

In order to legitimize the action, Allah then gave Mohamed a quran to confirm his acceptance of the marriage and nullifying adoption henceforth.
Surah 33:37-38: “And when you said to him to whom Allah had shown favor and to whom you had shown a favor: Keep your wife to yourself and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; and you concealed in your soul what Allah would bring to light, and you feared men, and Allah had a greater right that you should fear Him. But when Zaid had accomplished his want of her, We gave her to you as a wife, so that there should be no difficulty for the believers in respect of the wives of their adopted sons, when they have accomplished their want of them; and Allah’s command shall be performed. There is no harm in the Prophet doing that which Allah has ordained for him; such has been the course of Allah with respect to those who have gone before; and the command of Allah is a decree that is made absolute.”
Mohamed already had other wives at this time and other women at his disposal. Yet Allah’s wisdom was for him to add the wife of his adopted son to his harem.

Why did Allah not stop Mohamed from adoption in the first place?
Zaid was a freed slave (of Mohamed's first wife, Khadijah) whom Mohamed publicly adopted as his son. According to recorded Islamic history, Mohamed took Zaid to the Black Stone of the Kaaba and said:
“Bear testimony, all ye that are present. Zaid is my son; I will be his heir and he shall be mine.” (W. Muir, The Life of Muhammad, ed. T.H. Wair, p. 35).
Thereafter, he was called Zaid ibn Muhammad (Zaid the son of Muhammad). Zaid was one of the first persons to accepted Islam. This was before Zaid married Zainab.

If quran is a book that has a copy in heaven wouldn’t Allah have known all he wanted to give Mohamed instead of changing things as Mohamed’s desires dictated it? Even if we are to admit that Mohamed made a mistake in adopting a son, WHY DID ALLAH NOT CORRECT HIS PROPHET AT THIS POINT IN TIME? Why did Allah not say to him here and then “No, Mohamed, I do not want you or any Moslem to take anyone as an adopted son”? Why did Allah have to wait until Mohamed became interested in his adopted son’s wife before he (Allah) now showed Mohamed that adoption was not permitted by him? And all these to justify Mohamed marrying his daughter-in-law when the whole thing could have been avoided right from start?

If the quran existed in heaven then Allah’s standards must have been known and should have been clearly conveyed to Mohamed. So why was this not done?
Allah could simply have told Mohamed ‘No adoption!’ If Allah prohibits Moslem men from adopting sons, why did he have to make Mohamed go through all he did and then claim that the validation for Mohamed marrying Zainab was to make believers see that there is no sin in a person marrying his adopted son's former wife? If the quran was really a book in and from heaven why did it not just give its commands instead of waiting for Mohamed to make mistakes before straightening things out for him and his followers?

So we see Mohamed adopting a son and calling him his son for years and Allah NEVER told Mohamed ‘Adoption is wrong! Don’t call Zaid your son!’ Mohamed goes on to marry Zainab (his cousin) to Zaid and Allah still did not tell his PROPHET that ‘That woman is actually meant to be your wife!’ And it was ONLY after Mohamed saw her physically exposed and became attracted to her that Allah now wakes up and tells his prophet his will concerning adoption and also marriage to the divorced wife of his son. Mohamed had an immoral sexual desire for his daughter-in-law while she was still married to his adopted son who carries his name – Zaid bin Mohamed. Zaid still carried Mohamed’s name up until that time. As far as Allah was concerned Mohamed’s desire for a MARRIED WOMAN – another man’s wife – was not wrong or a sin or ADULTERY but simply a MISTAKE. In fact, Allah caused Mohamed to have desires for his son’s wife.

What Allah has ended up doing here is to ENSURE that no Moslem man will ever have a filial relationship with any other person apart from biological children. Every other person is then to be seen as distant person. Allah, through this pronouncement ensures that the welfare and happiness of countless millions of orphans and needy children would not be guaranteed in a close family relationship. Allah, has ensured that barren couples can find no real joy through the adoption of children that they could call their own. What a compassionate Allah!

What Allah has ended up doing was to open the door for as many of Mohamed’s followers who had adopted sons to put up this disclaimer, engineer the break-up of their sons’ marriages where they have been attracted to their sons’ wives and then marry the women. Only God knows the crises in many families this Allah’s directly must have caused between sons and their adoptive fathers.

Moslems should consider whether the entire account of Zaid’s divorce of Zainab, Mohamed’s marriage with Zainab and the following revelations of the quran verses from Allah to justify what would ordinarily be an indecent episode is something befitting a true prophet of God.

The God of the Holy Bible has this to say about those who have desires for married women:
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery.' But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:27-28
Exodus 20:17: “Thou shall not covet thy neighbour’s wife.”

The God of the Bible hates adulterous acts and desires, hates divorce, would not force anyone to forsake their wives so as to allow others to marry them, and would not encourage ‘temporary’ marriages. In short, the marriage institution is HIGHLY REGARDED and considered sacred by the God of the Bible. The Allah of the Quran seem to have lower moral standards and so stands in the opposite end of all these.

Mohamed was allowed many indulgences that other Moslems were not allowed to. Now, if he is to be followed as an EXAMPLE yet there were things he was allowed that other Moslems were not, which example are they now to follow?

3 Likes

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by chukxie(m): 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
farouk0403:
Jesus Christ was a stewpid gay with low self esteem.

He couldn't even approached women, that's why he preferred to bleeped John, Paul , and all his deciples in rounds.

The writer picked his points from the Qur'an. And drove his points home by using subjunctive mood. Couldn't you do the same without any invenctives?

1 Like

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by farouk0403(m): 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
chukxie:

The writer picked his points from the Qur'an. And drove his points home by using subjunctive mood. Couldn't you do the same without any invenctives?

What is he trying to proof? who asked him? did any muslim attacked him in this forum or his religion?

What can't he face his problem without involving Prophet Muhammad?
Look i am not a fanatic but i detest hypocrisy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by chukxie(m): 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
farouk0403:

What is he trying to proof? who asked him? did any muslim attacked him in this forum or his religion?

Let it lie, man. There's too much stress in Nigeria already. Don't get worked up.
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by edicied: 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
Did Yahweh rape marry? Mtcheww pot calling kettle black grin
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by farouk0403(m): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
chukxie:

Let it lie, man. There's too much stress in Nigeria already. Don't get worked up.

Okay. smiley.
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by farouk0403(m): 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
chukxie:

Okay. smiley..
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by malvisguy212: 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
farouk0403:
Jesus Christ was a stewpid gay with low self esteem.

He couldn't even approached women, that's why he preferred to bleeped John, Paul , and all his deciples in rounds.
why are you so pain ? Muhammad commit adultery with his adopted son wife, and Allah even support him. David did the same thing and God punish him for that, now, why will the same God support it when Muhammad do this shameful acts?

3 Likes

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by malvisguy212: 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
edicied:
Did Yahweh rape marry? Mtcheww pot calling kettle black grin
are you a Muslim ?
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by edicied: 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
malvisguy212:
are you a Muslim ?
Are you a Traditional worshiper?
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by malvisguy212: 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
edicied:

Are you a Traditional worshiper?
by his grace I am a Christian..... after reading the op, are you ashamed to call yourself a Muslim ?

1 Like

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by edicied: 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2017
malvisguy212:
by his grace I am a Christian..... after reading the op, are you ashamed to call yourself a Muslim ?
See this one oh
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by malvisguy212: 7:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
edicied:

See this one oh
you need to seat down and read the op, and then think about your salvation. life is short, death can come anytime, and after that judgment. don't you think so ?
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by edicied: 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
malvisguy212:
you need to seat down and read the op, and then think about your salvation. life is short, death can come anytime, and after that judgment. don't you think so ?
grin grin

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by malvisguy212: 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
edicied:
grin grin
alright.
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by tartar9(m): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
No wonder Islam Is so Adultery friendly.

1 Like

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by plainbibletruth: 10:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
farouk0403:

Anyone who desires the truth MUST be willing to have an open mind to look at FACTS objectively. I ask you to do so with the facts presented on this matter rather than quickly push aside all that have been presented.

If you honestly search for the TRUTH you will find HIM because he himself said "I am the way, and the TRUTH, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me" John 14: 6

2 Likes

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by plainbibletruth: 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2017
Allah Causing His Prophet to Commit Sin

It would appear that Mohamed even tried to conceal his desires since he knew the shame and embarrassment marrying his daughter-in-Law would cause in the eyes of the people, suggesting that Mohamed understood the high moral standard expected of him by those around him even if not by Allah himself!

Did Zaid have any MORAL grounds for divorcing Zainab, since she neither committed adultery nor any other abominable offence, and their marriage was still binding when Mohamed married her? So, no matter what reason Moslems come up with, the moral problem still remains.

Since Mohamed claimed it was Allah that sanctioned the divorce, do we then say that Allah DOES NOT HATE DIVORCE but actually sanctions it, whether or not there is any legal or moral grounds for it?

2 Likes

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by ysyowel(m): 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2017
many people are blind they lack knowledge that is why many will perish, i pray for you receive grace to accept the truth.
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by slimtoney(m): 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2017
You xtians, most of you will spend time attacking Islam and manufacturing lies just to tarnish this perfect faith. I wish you equally spend such time in reading your bible and with open mind read the Quran and then reach a conclusion.

The OP twisted the story and painted the Prophet black to achieve his aim. But wait a minute, all the castigation and blackmails meted on this Great Faith has not been able to stop it from growing. I swear xtianity will die a natural death if it is subjected to half the bashing that Islam has absorbed.

No real Muslim will say ill of Jesus Christ. The Quran revere him and Muslims are commanded to hold him in high esteem.

You will be surprised by the time it dawned on you the rot that have become of the big fraud you called Xtianity, simply because a whole lot of u spend much time castigating Islam than u spend working at your so called faith. I feel sorry for u

1 Like

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by 701ecilana: 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
farouk0403:

No too vex nah. Muhamed nah your papa?

1 Like

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by 701ecilana: 5:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
malvisguy212:
why are you so pain ? Muhammad commit adultery with his adopted son wife, and Allah even support him. David did the same thing and God punish him for that, now, why will the same God support it when Muhammad do this shameful acts?
It's because Allah is not Yahweh.
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by 701ecilana: 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
malvisguy212:
are you a Muslim ?
He is an atheist. And atheists and Muslims serves the same god, satan.
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by 701ecilana: 5:55pm On Aug 01, 2017
tartar9:
No wonder Islam Is so Adultery friendly.
Very adultery friendly.

1 Like

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by 701ecilana: 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
slimtoney:
You xtians, most of you will spend time attacking Islam and manufacturing lies just to tarnish this perfect faith. I wish you equally spend such time in reading your bible and with open mind read the Quran and then reach a conclusion.

The OP twisted the story and painted the Prophet black to achieve his aim. But wait a minute, all the castigation and blackmails meted on this Great Faith has not been able to stop it from growing. I swear xtianity will die a natural death if it is subjected to half the bashing that Islam has absorbed.

No real Muslim will say ill of Jesus Christ. The Quran revere him and Muslims are commanded to hold him in high esteem.

You will be surprised by the time it dawned on you the rot that have become of the big fraud you called Xtianity, simply because a whole lot of u spend much time castigating Islam than u spend working at your so called faith. I feel sorry for u
Ask yourself this, do you think islam will be alive today if Christians were killing muslims the way Moslems are killing Christians everywhere in the world?

Okay, tell your leaders to remove apostacy law lets watch how islam grows in 20 years. I promise you that the Sultan of sokoto will convert, the sultan of Brunei will convert, even the King of Suadi Arabia will convert. They are dying there in silence because of what the satanic moslims will do to them if they convert.

You know how i know? With how much Moslems kill Christians, they have not been able to remove every christian from Saudi Arabia. The more you kill Christians the more moslems convert.

Our strength is not in number, but Islam is.

Guy, remove apostasy law let's see.

2 Likes

Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by tartar9(m): 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
701ecilana:
Very adultery friendly.
Extremely adultery friendly,where adulterers are awarded gold medals.
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by OlufemiAbbey(m): 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2017
An average Muslim is scared to tell the truth. They would rather live and die in Islam than face the obvious truth. May the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ shine on them.

If Moslems claim Islam is a perfect religion, then they are hugely mistaken. Islam is a religion of fear, intimidation, and forceful submission. The God of the Bible gave men the freewill to choose whom they will serve; Allah rather, through a morally-deprived prophet in Mohammed, forces people to serve him, else they are put to the sword. A prophet who commits sin at will and still justifies it in the most holy book Quran, is such worthy of followership? A man who clearly demands that his followers pray for him because he himself is not sure of his afterlife? Why follow a leader whose future is bleak and dark?

Most Muslims are scared to leave their religion for fear of being tagged infidels; and a target of fanatics who will stop at nothing until they are dead.

Jesus is the true peace, the light and the giver of life. He prays for his believers. He knows where he is going before He ascended to the Father above. He preaches peace, not violence. Come to Him and he will give you true peace.
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by Davoneskay(m): 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2017
chukxie:

Did Jesus ever 'physically' meet Paul while he was alive?
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by slimtoney(m): 10:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
Day dreamer, got no time to waste with people whose eyes only stares but can't see. Wayward people whose mind has been hardened and so can not decipher.

When Boko Haram began u cried foul that Muslim's are killing xtians, when Muslim were been killed in their numbers we didn't accused u of murder. We faced them e. g Kano Mosque attack.

The crooks u worship n tag them men of God needs to keep their income source flourishing by wetting on a daily basis the flower of hatred n bitterness they have planted in u. Your fraudulent faith slips into extinction the day u seize hating Islam.

A whole lot if you wallows in abject poverty while ur rogue men of gods are topping the lists of the most richest in the world.
If you said Muslims are killing you an ordinary follower of falsehood, ur priests go around with body guards armed to the teeth while all you have are their stickers sold to you to paste on ur mortgaged cars and houses.

In short, ur lots need a brain check.
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by slimtoney(m): 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2017
Day dreamer, got no time to waste with people whose eyes only stares but can't see. Wayward people whose mind has been hardened and so can not decipher.

When Boko Haram began u cried foul that Muslim's are killing xtians, when Muslim were been killed in their numbers we didn't accused u of murder. We faced them e. g Kano Mosque attack.

The crooks u worship n tag them men of gods needs to keep their income source flourishing by wetting on a daily basis the flower of hatred n bitterness they have planted in u. Your fraudulent faith slips into extinction the day u seize hating Islam.

A whole lot if you wallows in abject poverty while ur rogue men of gods are topping the lists of the most richest in the world.
If you said Muslims are killing you an ordinary follower of falsehood, ur priests go around with body guards armed to the teeth while all you have is their stickers sold to you to paste on ur mortgaged cars and houses.

In short, ur lots need a brain check.
Re: Did Mohamed Commit Adultery With Zainab Before Adoption Was Abrogated? by 701ecilana: 10:35pm On Aug 01, 2017
tartar9:

Extremely adultery friendly,where adulterers are awarded gold medals.
The last i remembered Tartar was a fanatical muslim. Who is this pls?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Lukau Finally Apologises For Lying To The World Over ‘resurrection’ / I Feel Fulfilled, Happier And More Blessed After Converting Back To Islam / Pastor Anita -praise Your Way To Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.