Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know (7640 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Exercising With His Church Members (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Wrong About Pastor Sam Adeyemi On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by bigCassava: 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
1. Christian Oyakhilome was born on December 7, 1961 to the family of Elder T.E Oyakhilome who was one of the pioneers of the Assemblies of God Church (AG) in Benin City and major parts of the old Mid-Western Region of Nigeria. He is an Esan from Edo State.

2. Chris Oyakhilome conducted his first crusade at the age of 9.

3. On completion of his secondary education at the Edo College, Benin City, he spent his vacation as a bookstore attendant, selling books at the reknowned Faith Miracle Centre opposite Benin Airport pastored by Rev Benson Idahosa of the Church of God Missions Int’l Incorporated (CGMI).

4. He got admitted into the old Bendel State University established by late Governor Ambrose Alli (now Ambrose Alli University) when it was established in 1981 and studied Architecture.

5. As an undergraduate, he established a fellowship known as Youths For Christ (YFC), notable among the leaders was another student, Tom Amenkhienan who was the leader of the choir. Anita Ebodaghe and her friend, Joy were members of the choir who soon married both Chris and Tom. YFC soon became one of the largest fellowships on Campus in Ekpoma.

6. By 1989, Chris Oyakhilome established the ministry known as Believers Loveworld inc (BLW) and named her church arm Christ Embassy with headquarters in Lagos. He got married to Anita on February 2nd 1991.

7. Six months before he passed on, Benson Idahosa told Chris Oyakhilome to invite him to a program in BLW before March 14th. Benson Idahosa died unexpectedly on March 12.

8. By 2002, BLW had become the most prominent Christian ministry on television in not just Nigeria but all over the African Continent with her Atmosphere for Miracles. Nigerian former President, Olusegun Obasanjo through the NBC in May 2004 stopped the airing of miracles on Television, an action that was largely seen by Pastor Chris as targeting Christ Embassy and subsequently took the matter to court.

9. Earlier in 2003, Pastor Chris pioneered the first 24 hour Christian satellite network broadcasting from Africa worldwide.

10. Christ Embassy is one of the 5 largest indigenously established 'Pentecostal' churches in Nigeria and perhaps Africa today however Pastor Chris does not agree with the appellation 'Pentecostal Church'?

11. The Rhapsody of Realities by Pastor Chris translated in 837 languages in 242 countries and domains is widely considered as the most popular devotional in the world. He has authored over 21 books.

12. The Inner City Missions of BLW is a program held to feed the poor in the suburbs and slums of Africa.

13. The Loveworld Convocation Arena (LCA) is a 17,000 capacity auditorium built by Christ Embassy and is one of the largest church auditoria in Africa.
14. Pastor Chris has conducted some of the largest Christian crusades in the world till date. The Port Harcourt as well as the FNB Johannesburg crusades were said to have hosted crowds of about 2.5 million people according to Pastor Chris.

15. More than any ministry, Christ Embassy has touched the music scene of Christianity today producing gospel music ministers such as Sinach, Joe Praize, Samsong, Buchi, Jahdiel, Eben and Frank Edwards among many others.

16. Today, Christ Embassy has about 3,500 branches in about 5 continents of the world.

17. In 2011, Forbes Magazine alluded that Chris Oyakhilome is one of the richest pastors in the world.

18. Pastor Chris has 2 daughters named Sharon and Charlane.

19. Believers Loveworld owns numerous properties in Lagos, a campground on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway as well as another on the Benin Sapele Expressway which usually holds Atmosphere for Miracles and Higher Life Conferences.

Number 20 will shock you.

Source: http://www.u2gossip.com.ng/2017/07/22-shocking-facts-about-pastor-chris.html?m=1

Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by Orobo2Lekpa: 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
bigCassava:

1. Christian Oyakhilome was born on December 7, 1961 to the family of Elder T.E Oyakhilome who was one of the pioneers of the Assemblies of God Church (AG) in Benin City and major parts of the old Mid-Western Region of Nigeria. He is an Esan from Edo State.

2. Chris Oyakhilome conducted his first crusade at the age of 9.

3. On completion of his secondary education at the Edo College, Benin City, he spent his vacation as a bookstore attendant, selling books at the reknowned Faith Miracle Centre opposite Benin Airport pastored by Rev Benson Idahosa of the Church of God Missions Int’l Incorporated (CGMI).

4. He got admitted into the old Bendel State University established by late Governor Ambrose Alli (now Ambrose Alli University) when it was established in 1981 and studied Architecture.

5. As an undergraduate, he established a fellowship known as Youths For Christ (YFC), notable among the leaders was another student, Tom Amenkhienan who was the leader of the choir. Anita Ebodaghe and her friend, Joy were members of the choir who soon married both Chris and Tom. YFC soon became one of the largest fellowships on Campus in Ekpoma.

6. By 1989, Chris Oyakhilome established the ministry known as Believers Loveworld inc (BLW) and named her church arm Christ Embassy with headquarters in Lagos. He got married to Anita on February 2nd 1991.

7. Six months before he passed on, Benson Idahosa told Chris Oyakhilome to invite him to a program in BLW before March 14th. Benson Idahosa died unexpectedly on March 12.

8. By 2002, BLW had become the most prominent Christian ministry on television in not just Nigeria but all over the African Continent with her Atmosphere for Miracles. Nigerian former President, Olusegun Obasanjo through the NBC in May 2004 stopped the airing of miracles on Television, an action that was largely seen by Pastor Chris as targeting Christ Embassy and subsequently took the matter to court.

9. Earlier in 2003, Pastor Chris pioneered the first 24 hour Christian satellite network broadcasting from Africa worldwide.

10. Christ Embassy is one of the 5 largest indigenously established 'Pentecostal' churches in Nigeria and perhaps Africa today however Pastor Chris does not agree with the appellation 'Pentecostal Church'?

11. The Rhapsody of Realities by Pastor Chris translated in 837 languages in 242 countries and domains is widely considered as the most popular devotional in the world. He has authored over 21 books.

12. The Inner City Missions of BLW is a program held to feed the poor in the suburbs and slums of Africa.

13. The Loveworld Convocation Arena (LCA) is a 17,000 capacity auditorium built by Christ Embassy and is one of the largest church auditoria in Africa.
14. Pastor Chris has conducted some of the largest Christian crusades in the world till date. The Port Harcourt as well as the FNB Johannesburg crusades were said to have hosted crowds of about 2.5 million people according to Pastor Chris.

15. More than any ministry, Christ Embassy has touched the music scene of Christianity today producing gospel music ministers such as Sinach, Joe Praize, Samsong, Buchi, Jahdiel, Eben and Frank Edwards among many others.

16. Today, Christ Embassy has about 3,500 branches in about 5 continents of the world.

17. In 2011, Forbes Magazine alluded that Chris Oyakhilome is one of the richest pastors in the world.

18. Pastor Chris has 2 daughters named Sharon and Charlane.

19. Believers Loveworld owns numerous properties in Lagos, a campground on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway as well as another on the Benin Sapele Expressway which usually holds Atmosphere for Miracles and Higher Life Conferences.

Number 20 will shock you.

Source: http://www.u2gossip.com.ng/2017/07/22-shocking-facts-about-pastor-chris.html?m=1

I knew most of these

meanwhile STC
Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by chukxie(m): 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
He worked his way up. He did!

1 Like

Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by donnie(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2017
bigCassava:

1. Christian Oyakhilome was born on December 7, 1961 to the family of Elder T.E Oyakhilome who was one of the pioneers of the Assemblies of God Church (AG) in Benin City and major parts of the old Mid-Western Region of Nigeria.

Pastor Chris's grand father had four brothers... One of them was the Founder of AG in Nigeria. This man prophesied concerning pastor Chris and watched over him from his birth until his teenage years as a Christian worker, ensuring that he walked in the path of his destiny. Pastor Chris' grand dad was his first convert... who also became a Pastor in AG.
Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by Zodiac61(m): 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2017
Where is the fact that he and Anita are divorced?
Or is that not a fact worth knowing about him particularly as divorce is unbiblical?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by gwama: 9:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
All these are old news Big Cassava known by many people, even I who am in Burkina Faso I know that. If it is to answer the one who gives the reasons why he left Chris Ambassy, it does not make the weight, because the man is not static, it can evolve in time in good as in evil. You have to accept criticism from time to time, it helps to change, to evolve, because no man is perfect, only God is perfection. Peace and love kiss
Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by An2elect2(f): 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2017
23, False MOG
Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by jared007: 8:33am On Aug 01, 2017
See the progression of grace by population in Pastor Chris Crusades

On the 6th of December 2002 Pastor Chris organised Night of Bliss in Lagos with over 500,000 people in attendance that night.

On the 31st of October 2003 Pastor Chris organised Night of Bliss in Benin-city with over 1000,000 people in attendance that night.

On the 6th of February 2004 Pastor Chris organised Night of Bliss in Port - harcourt with over 2.5million people in attendance that night.

On the 14th of April 2006 Pastor Chris organised Good Friday Miracle Night in Lagos with over 3.5million people in attendance that night.

1 Like

Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by jiggaz(m): 8:59am On Aug 01, 2017
An2elect2:
23, False MOG
My dear, as a Redeemed Child of God, you shouldn't be saying this. Are you building the Church of God or are you scattering it?

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is a true man of God. He is not perfect just like everyone of us. Our Role model is Christ. Plz stop using his imperfections to judge him. I don't like when Christians bring each other down. It doesn't bring glory to God. Satan is happy when this happen.

One day in Heaven, we will all look back at this division in the Body of Christ and laugh at our ignorance while on earth.

You have known the truth about the Grace of God. Keep walking in that truth and unveil Christ and His Finished Work. Avoid getting distracted by all you see here. Satan is out to destroy the Church and who is he using to do his work? Fellow Believers!!! Keep on practicing the Presence of Jesus in your life and you won't have time for distractions.

Have a great day my dear.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by An2elect2(f): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
jiggaz:
My dear, as a Redeemed Child of God, you shouldn't be saying this. Are you building the Church of God or are you scattering it?
Are you kidding me? How is calling a wolf a wolf scattering the church?
grin

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is a true man of God.
Look at you!!! How can you not see that he is a fraud? A peddler of heresies, robber, divorcee, etc is a true man of God? I shake my head for you dear. How did you try him?

He is not perfect just like everyone of us.
Excuses!!! should i also excuse his failure to understand basic doctrines? LOL
Our Role model is Christ. Plz stop using his imperfections to judge him. I don't like when Christians bring each other down. It doesn't bring glory to God. Satan is happy when this happen.
Dear if I am bringing Christians down then may the wrath of God fall on me but guess what? It won't and never would because I know the Lord and I fear Him!!! I'm exposing broods of vipers, ministers of Satan who are the real scatterers! Oh that you may see!!! that these men are not God's.

One day in Heaven, we will all look back at this division in the Body of Christ and laugh at our ignorance while on earth.
I thank my Lord that I once walked in darkness and like a fool followed every wind of doctrine and lacked discernment but God had mercy on me and through His word I've been brought to the light. Everything is so clear in Christ and I see the darkness upon multitudes everyday and I weep! Oh how can you say this? Jiggaz you need to know that we are in a time of apostasy: Mass departure from the faith! How can you be asleep and let criminals steal your soul.

You have known the truth about the Grace of God. Keep walking in that truth and unveil Christ and His Finished Work.
Yes I have and that is what I am doing grin

Avoid getting distracted by all you see here.
You totally don't get smiley
Satan is out to destroy the Church and who is he using to do his work? Fellow Believers!!!
Like Chris Oyaks
Keep on practicing the Presence of Jesus in your life and you won't have time for distractions.
You mean I should keep practicing the presence of another Jesus who the devil has sold to deceive the whole world so that I don't get to expose his fraud? No thanks! Just like my Lord Jesus I would continue to call out ministers of darkness and expose their evil

Have a great day my dear.
Thank you.
Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by Zodiac61(m): 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
jared007:
See the progression of grace by population in Pastor Chris Crusades

On the 6th of December 2002 Pastor Chris organised Night of Bliss in Lagos with over 500,000 people in attendance that night.

On the 31st of October 2003 Pastor Chris organised Night of Bliss in Benin-city with over 1000,000 people in attendance that night.

On the 6th of February 2004 Pastor Chris organised Night of Bliss in Port - harcourt with over 2.5million people in attendance that night.

On the 14th of April 2006 Pastor Chris organised Good Friday Miracle Night in Lagos with over 3.5million people in attendance that night.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.
Where did he accommodate 3.5 million people?
Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by donnie(m): 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
Zodiac61:

Liar, liar, pants on fire.
Where did he accommodate 3.5 million people?

Loveworld campground along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by Zodiac61(m): 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
donnie:

Loveworld campground along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
Still lying.
Re: 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know by Zodiac61(m): 7:19am On Aug 03, 2017
jiggaz:

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is a true man of God. He is not perfect just like everyone of us. Our Role model is Christ. Plz stop using his imperfections to judge him. I don't like when Christians bring each other down. It doesn't bring glory to God. Satan is happy when this happen.

Here I am laughing in all known languages. A conman, liar is a true man of God. At least, you have confirmed what those of us who do not believe your nonsense have been saying for years. You have to be a conman to be a man of God.
Thanks for your insight.

(1) (Reply)

I Heard There Are Different Kinds Of Atheism/atheist, Which One Do U Fall Under? / Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor / Help Me Interpret This Horrible Dream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.