Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Meet The British Woman To Become First Female Barber In United Arab Emirates - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet The British Woman To Become First Female Barber In United Arab Emirates (923 Views)

Oyeyimika Adeboye, Cadbury Nigeria First Female Managing Director In 50 Years / Which Do You Prefer ? Male Barber Or Female Barber / 10-Year-Old Barber Who Makes At Least N5,000 Daily (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The British Woman To Become First Female Barber In United Arab Emirates by HenryOmon(m): 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
A young British woman has broken a sexist barrier in the mega-rich emirate of Dubai to become their first ever female barber.
Samantha Lloyd, 29, has beaten an official ban on cutting men’s hair in the country’s barbershops due to strict gender rules.
Her bosses applied for a special licence to allow her to work in the United Arab Emirates
She was delighted after officials decided to make her an exception to their long-standing rules.
She said: ‘I’m overwhelmed, it still hasn’t sunk in. When I applied for the job I didn’t think I would get it because when I googled it I saw there were no female barbers....http://www.hillscope.com/meet-british-woman-become-first-female-barber-united-arab-emirates/

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Use Ms - Offices Packages In 5 Lectures / Pick My Brain- I'd Give You A Free Business Advice No Matter Your Budget. / Cassava For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.