Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,085 members, 7,828,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? (32188 Views)

Photo Comparison: Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe Vs BMW X6. Which Side Are You On? / Mercedes Benz Vs Lexus Vs Acura Vs Infinity Battle Of Luxury!! / Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by specific: 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
I have used 2 different BMW 328 over the last 6 years and wife used to drive a C300 MB. Personally, the BMW is a far better car. My wife doesnt like it though because of the "ruggedness" that comes with driving a BMW. I love it. It is a muscle car. The drive makes you feel the tires are actually in touch with the road.

1 Like

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by baslone: 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
cr7lomo:

Break performance...BMW
Speed performance... Benz
High technology... BMW
Luxury.... Benz

Overall performance...Benz

In a drag race? shocked shocked
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by BobbyDean(m): 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
I think most of the MB lovers(me being the number 1) love the brand cos we grew up seeing more of it around especially among the elite, i mean who no like better thing. Honestly, i dont mind having a white X6 BMW (looking like a Panda, lol)

4 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by lollarj(f): 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
Bmw steering is more responsive. MB is a little too heavy at times..
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by cr7lomo: 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
baslone:

In a drag race? shocked shocked

Certainly in a drag race...get the two cars of same engine capacity and watch the Benz outclass the BMW

A Benz v8 6.3 litre engine will dust a Bmw straight 10 engine( v10) like a kid

2 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by uwajeh(m): 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
I think simply put a BMW is built to be driven just like a Bentley while a Mercedes-Benz is built to be driven in just like a Rolls Royce. It all depends on what you want.
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Freshbaba95(m): 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
I would go for benz, cause i love the interior quality in it. But, i must buy my mom a beemer by God's Grace.
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Philadelphia: 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Hypocrites,

Most of the people shouting 'Benz all the way'
don't even have a Benz

At best; na Benz 190 dem get.
Which one do you have?
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by simplicity1(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
June and July are not the same. So Benz all the way
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by 400billionman: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
I will take a BMW.

That picture you posted should be a BMW X5 standing side by side a MB GLE Coupe.

Chai, the 2017 X5 I saw recently is dope.
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by mishodukisic(m): 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
I have been loving this car from times immemorial, even the old models still intrigues me, people who have used them including some of my friends today still like to go for it. Even Germans respect it n call it "machine". Germans are known for machinery, yes! Hitler's war machines springs from Bavaria. Very greater population of the world are youths who will vote for young-rugged-strong BMW.yes! It's Bavaria Motor Works....It's BMW ! It's all about u! No BMW, No Autos. BMW all the way.....#TeamBMW

2 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Bossman(m): 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
In general, we (Nigerians) grew up and have been configured to think when one is driving a benz he has arrived. Because that's all we saw back then and even till today. Our parents, uncles, etc. all drive one. However, in the western world, it's a totally different story. These cars go neck-to-neck in features and sales. With BMW edging out Benz for most of the years. When it was time for me to buy one of these cars in 2011. I went to the respective dealerships and drove 2011 the brand new models for all of them in this order - Benz E class, Audi A6, and BMW 535IX. The driving dynamics, driver engagement, the luxury and looks of the BMW swayed me. And that's what I chose. Still enjoying every moment of it.

3 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by naturalwaves: 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
“Better”. The term “Better” is so multifaceted. But i will try to explain it from certain points of view.

1. When we talk about actual driving, BMW is usually considered the better driving machine. Their cars are most of the time lighter than the MB counterparts and thus are able to take on corners better, plus they are sporting one of the best manual shifters ever. MB normally tries to overcome this by putting big engines in their models which can make them quite aggressive and unpredictable if you want them to be. But that brings up a second advantage of BMW. Due to their bigger weight and bigger engines, MB cars usually drink more fuel than their Bavarian counterparts. The difference may vary from model to model, but as far as I am concerned, BMW´s are usually described as being more fuel efficient.

2. When sitting inside them, the two cars again go into two directions. MB tries to make their interior as luxurious as possible. The driver gets cocooned in leather, a lot of chrome and wood, while giving everything a modern touch nowadays. BMW shifts more towards ergonomics. If you look into a 3-series for instance, you will see, that most things on the center console, including the radio, the little buttons and such are slightly leaning towards the driver, they are driver-oriented, making it easier for him/her to operate them while driving. So the first priorities are Luxury vs. Ergonomics.

3. As far as pricing is concerned, MB cars are usually considered a bit more expensive, with minor exceptions.

4. Model range: Now this is where MB can make up a lot of ground. While a lot of cars from both brands have their equivalent counterparts – take the 3-series and the C-Class for example – Mercedes-Benz does have some models, which just won´t find any competitors on the BMW side. The swabians are nowadays famous for building ferocious supercars like the MB SLR Maclaren, the gullwing SLS or the absolutely brilliant looking AMG GT. And you probably know about the G-Class as well? The big, bulky one? That is not an SUV, that thing is a proper offroader.

5. When it comes to styling, well let´s just say that both cars have their distinct shaping and a few characteristics defining them. BMW want their cars to appear as if they want to go forwards with the cabin positioned more at the rear of the car and the long bonnet. MB makes their cars very burgeoisie-like, with long wheelbases and bionic shapes.

6. Looking at target audience, BMW usually appeals more to younger drivers, whereas MB is more suited for older drivers. In recent years however, both brands are trying to expand their target audience. MB for example have launched the new A-Class in 2013, which unlike the old version really is a car that people and especially young people might want.
All in all, both brands have their ups and downs and while being similar in some points, differentiate in several crucial points.

Which do you think is better – Mercedes Benz or BMW? and why?

Don’t forget to like and share.

https://autojosh.com/benz-vs-bmw/

Mumu OP. You cannot even give credit for a stolen article. You pasted same stolen article in your blog and now you posting it here. Anyone who follows you and the second guy closely will know that you are not in anyway grounded in auto related stuffs. The few times you managed not to do copy copy, your articles lacked depth. Stop intellectual theft. Use your head. If you cannot do a write up and copied one, acknowledge where you took it from. I read this same thing on quora or is your name "Tobias Leiminger" who posted it on quora?
https://www.quora.com/Is-BMW-really-better-than-Mercedes-Benz

Moreover, all articles should be thoroughly checked. Nairaland should not encourage intellectual theft. Even if a site was part of information gathering, cant you even say "addition information from ..........." Why are most Nigerians so lazy intellectually?

3 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Abee79(m): 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
SageTravels:
Benz All the way. My first must be Benz And Last Must Be Benz
Correct person!

3 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Abee79(m): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
Team Benz all the way!
* Class
* Comfort
* Durability
* Reliability
* Performance

2 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by HiliaryAutos(m): 4:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
Benz or nothing... BMW have electrical problem mostly but Benz is not... And the sensors in bmw is more higher then Benz... Any sensor issue with bmw get ready for fat pocket pay
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by maturemindsonly(m): 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
cr7lomo:

Certainly in a drag race...get the two cars of same engine capacity and watch the Benz outclass the BMW

A Benz v8 6.3 litre engine will dust a Bmw straight 10 engine( v10) like a kid

that's a lie bro.. abeg go watch X6M dust the GLE.. the cars In the picture op posted
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by maturemindsonly(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
400billionman:
I will take a BMW.

That picture you posted should be a BMW X5 standing side by side a MB GLE Coupe.

Chai, the 2017 X5 I saw recently is dope.
it's X6
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by cr7lomo: 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
maturemindsonly:

that's a lie bro.. abeg go watch X6M dust the GLE.. the cars In the picture op posted

Did u comprehend what I posted?? I said the two with the same engine capacity...go watch Top Gear...its been tested over and over again in the past...its certain that you don't know the reason y BMW cudnt compete with the Benz in formula one races

2 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by pahen1991: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
most of them weh de shout benz benz dem no even get mercedes 190 .

2 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by modsRbastard: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
@ Autojosh

I beg to differ from some of your views.

1. if being light is the sole prerequisite for eating up corners like NYPD eating donuts, then all Jap owners should be happy (excuse the pun @ Jap owners) . BMW are as good around corners as it's MB counterpart, it all boils down to drivers. It's is no luck Daimler as been doing a back to back holding the F1 title since 2014 which BMW had only won once since 1983.

BMW is definitely no doubt top of the line automobile but that taking of corners is well achieved by the following: concise negative camber at the rear, low center or gravity and ground clearance(major), staggered wheel set and down force.

[¡¡] you say MB drinks fuel than BMW, well...i wonder where you pull that stats from, but I gotta say...something must give when you drive a semi-hammored car with a dense chassis that curbs mortality rate.

5 BMW didn't want the bonnet long as you stipulate but they had to cos they needed a more powerful engine and they've never been a fan of the V shape concept, more power requires more cylinder block and the I(inline) concept is not conservative when it comes to space.

6 I don't know if you looked around lately, I've seen more youngings pull up in BENZES than BEMERS. you think I'm wrong...check Google for stats of most searched automobile in Nigeria. You think that's a just a Naija thing... I barely see rappers mention BEMERS in there ARTS cos they know you're on a whole new class when you own a BENZ (this are the class of young DRIVERS you say BEMERS appeal to)

... I'm gonna let go of the rest tho

5 Likes

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by modsRbastard: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
martineverest:
don't mind dem... In western world BMW is far ahead of Benz.... They are among the biggest manufacturers of cars in different world and the biggest in Europe

Is that why BMW has not won another formula one title since 1983. The only thing BMW is hanging on to is cornering and any rear wheeler can achieve that by concise negative camber, low profile tires, stiffer suspension and low ground clearance

The emboldened is the reason why Nigerian BEMER lovers are leaving her, when you have to visit a panel beater to weld something under your car to and from work.
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
Check this out too http://simizer.com/FNM
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by modsRbastard: 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
specific:
I have used 2 different BMW 328 over the last 6 years and wife used to drive a C300 MB. Personally, the BMW is a far better car. My wife doesnt like it though because of the "ruggedness" that comes with driving a BMW. I love it. It is a muscle car. The drive makes you feel the tires are actually in touch with the road.

The wheel setup on your wife's car is different from yours, put same specs of wheel setup on both or just low profile tires on the C300 and feel a more harsher ride.
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by mikaj(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
Well it is like comparing C Ronaldo to Messi. Both are awesome beast. you should be hanged for comparism
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by modsRbastard: 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
martineverest:
when u mention cars with swag, Benz isn't among... Its only Nigerians that see Benz as number one luxury brand

Why was this awarded to Daimler-Benz, I guess Lufthansa is Nigerian too grin. Go and ask Buhari why he chose the S series and not the 7 series cool

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by patola080(m): 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
Buy any one and both marry and un marry women will follow u dey will show you to d world dat is my husband sef
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by oyienootieno: 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
From experience they are both on the same level. Comparing them is a waste of time, what A lacks in a section they may it up in another section where B will be lacking.

1 Like

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Herrmes: 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
Audi

1 Like

Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by maturemindsonly(m): 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
cr7lomo:

Did u comprehend what I posted?? I said the two with the same engine capacity...go watch Top Gear...its been tested over and over again in the past...its certain that you don't know the reason y BMW cudnt compete with the Benz in formula one races

lol
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Bossman(m): 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
I could not have said it better. Absolute waste of time! As I posted earlier, these are very similar cars that what one lacks in one area, it makes up in another area. Some choose BMW because of certain things, and some choose a Benz due to the same reasons.

Geez! In general, we need to get away from turning every thread into an argument.

oyienootieno:
From experience they are both on the same level. Comparing them is a waste of time, what A lacks in a section they may it up in another section where B will be lacking.
Re: Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? by Nicepoker(m): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
BMW

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Evolution Of Mercedes Benz S-class Flagship (photos) / Facts About Car Tyres You Must Know / Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.