Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

My Divorce Journal - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Divorce Journal (29337 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo) / My Divorce Story:i Gave Him Everything Just To Make Our Marriage Work!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Divorce Journal by remsonik(f): 6:34am On Aug 31, 2017
ifegadinma:
here we go again flying into others life.
No child deserves a broken family. Every Child deserves to grow up with the parents together. The truth is a bitter pill to swallow

2 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 8:29am On Aug 31, 2017
Hmm.. I agree that no child deserves a broken family. But because parents don't live together doesn't make it a broken family. As long as they play their parts and meet up with their responsibilities in all ramifications.

Forcing two people to live together actually is a danger to the wellbeing of the children. Or how can having multiple adulterous affairs/ physical/ mental torture be better than parents living separately but showing love to their children individually or in unity, when the need arises.

Speaking of truth, people have different versions and unfortunately I disagree with yours.

As a side note, cataract is the 3rd leading cause of blindness, religion and politics remain the first two.

remsonik:

No child deserves a broken family. Every Child deserves to grow up with the parents together. The truth is a bitter pill to swallow

18 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by remsonik(f): 9:18am On Aug 31, 2017
Risingphoenix12:
Hmm.. I agree that no child deserves a broken family. But because parents don't live together doesn't make it a broken family. As long as they play their parts and meet up with their responsibilities in all ramifications.

Forcing two people to live together actually is a danger to the wellbeing of the children. Or how can having multiple adulterous affairs/ physical/ mental torture be better than parents living separately but showing love to their children individually or in unity, when the need arises.

Speaking of truth, people have different versions and unfortunately I disagree with yours.

As a side note, cataract is the 3rd leading cause of blindness, religion and politics remain the first two.

Insult me all you like. Keep justifying your action the time spent here would have been better spent at home with your family and work things out. You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine. So you can insult me all you like cos I don't agree with your's .

3 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by shaybebaby(f): 9:22am On Aug 31, 2017
remsonik:

Insult me all you like. Keep justifying your action the time spent here would have been better spent at home with your family and work things out. You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine. So you can insult me all you like cos I don't agree with your's .
The way you are tending yours instead of lurking on naira land?

2 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by ifegadinma: 9:32am On Aug 31, 2017
remsonik:

U sound troublesome else u'll understand when someone uses illustrations to buttress a point. He never tried changing d right to ur opinion. He was only trying to get u to understand his plight of which u don't want to. It could also be u are prejudiced, but d truth is that no two circumstances can be the same. I am not in support of divorce, but i have emphaty.

10 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by remsonik(f): 9:58am On Aug 31, 2017
shaybebaby:

The way you are tending yours instead of lurking on naira land?
Re: My Divorce Journal by shaybebaby(f): 10:14am On Aug 31, 2017
remsonik:

You are confused? I thought you were.
remsonik:

Keep justifying your action the time spent here would have been better spent at home with your family and work things out.

I am assuming you have a family so you speak from experience. If you haven't, then you have no business opening your gob on matters like this until you do. This isn't a platform for you to spout any theories that you haven't tested yourself.

If you do have a family, how come you get to be on here but he gets told he would be better off tending to his offline?

10 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by remsonik(f): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
shaybebaby:

You are confused? I thought you were.

I am assuming you have a family so you speak from experience. If you haven't, then you have no business opening your gob on matters like this until you do. This isn't a platform for you to spout any theories that you haven't tested yourself.

If you do have a family, how come you get to be on here but he gets told he would be better off tending to his offline?

Clap for yourself
Re: My Divorce Journal by shaybebaby(f): 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2017
remsonik:

Clap for yourself
Why?
Re: My Divorce Journal by sistaj: 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
I lol at some of the comments while some are really insightful.The truth is that we all deserve to be happy and be honest to ourselves first before trying to live up to any ideals because that's all they are:IDEALS.
No one should be sentenced to prison especially an emotional one in the name of marriage.The worst thing that can happen to anyone is trying to live up to society's expectation to the detriment of our happiness.We only live once.Relationships are not a do or die affair.Both parties deserve happiness and if the union is not providing that of what use is the union?
I think we should all live free as that is the way the Creator truly wants us to live. It is unfortunate that Religion has blinded a lot of people mostly due to the different interpretations different Faiths proffer the scripture. No good person deserves a lifetime of grief in the name of marriage except it is Karma coming for them haha.
I am team it is not by fire by force.7 years is long enough for anyone to work out whatever issues so after the long years and it is not working why devote even a longer chunk of one's lifetime still trying to make it work.I am sure both parties have tried hard enough and are smart enough to decide what is best for them.Raising kids in an unhappy home is a zillion times worse than raising them in two different lovefilled homes IMO and if the parents stay friends what a bonus.
Nice thread anyways.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Divorce Journal by Artistree: 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
I see some sterile, homeless, hopeless, cheating imp commenting on this thread shocked

2 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
Finally made it to The Gambia. Got a nice villa facing the ocean. Good for introspection and forward thinking. Hopefully I'll go back wiser cheesy cheesy cheesy.

10 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by Nicoletheo: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2017
I'm just curious, what age did you finally settle down? No harm intended here , please.
sassyangel1:

Hmmm.:. Eleyi gidi gaan! Lemme talk 2 u as my sister( I'll be real wth u o so forgive my mouth Abi fingers). U were so lucky u saw d handwriting on d wall, still, u did strong head and fell 4 his tricks. Wat made u feel he was gonna change those attitudes wen u guys get married. I could remember wen I was still single and my old man was on my neck to get married cos he tot age was not on my side, I didn't answer him. I really tested nerves in the guys I dated so dt I'll knw d one dt can tolerate and understd me. once I see coma I'll jst tell d guy I no do again (mind u, time was not on my side buh I knew dt once I put head inside marriage, I cannot run out so I took my time and played deaf ears to everybody( nuclear and extended family members) dt was on my case to settle down). Now my advice is u need to report the case to ur pastor or imam who joined u both in holy wedlock and u shd try n forgo(farshi) some issues dt r nt worth ur sleepless nite. Go out, visit places or friends( if u r blessed wth gd and sincere friends). As far as there's no violence, there's still room for reconciliation. Take gd care of urself and try to be happy cos this life is too short for you to be stressing ur life.
Re: My Divorce Journal by prestigiouslady: 7:32pm On Oct 13, 2017
Read through every page of this thread and I understand very well.
I'm going through the same, torn in between seeking a divorce or stay to work things out one more time.
But all I've discovered is two people makes a marriage works, it can't be one sided and work...its collective effort.

I'm not divorced yet just separated and I don't even know what divorce will bring..all I know is it gets better with time.
What do I expect after a divorce?
what am I most likely going to face? The challenge??
I need answers

1 Like

Re: My Divorce Journal by dankol: 9:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
For the first time since I joined Nairaland... I have never been this glued to a thread how much more wordless. I see the op as a future reflection of myself ( am not married) but we seem to have a lot in common including choice of spouse. He just made me look beyond the now.. can I really cope.. though already am scared of marriage and I am scared for myself what I will become in marriage. this thread is really an introspection for me. thanks op. am following keenly. I have learnt a lot from this thread especially about happiness..

4 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by ihotukondu: 11:48pm On Oct 13, 2017
Wow !!! went through from the 1st page and I think this is really thought provoking especially for those of Us yet to be married but still having unrealistic ideas and expectations.

2 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 2:39am On Apr 18, 2018
Wow... how time flies.... it's been about 6 months since I updated this thread. Mehn...
You know those movies where the guy comes back and everything has changed, with that happy smile and living happily ever after scenario? this is so NOT it. tongue

Divorce proceedings are ongoing. Hopefully it's wrapped up soon. It's funny how events like these bring out human nature. See woman jostling for money/ property. LOL! oh well.. I guess they must mean a lot to her.

Moved out to a smaller apartment. Nice and cozy. Learning the ropes of living alone. Not so easy when you are in your late 30s. LOL.. miss my kids a lot. I try to see them with my lawyers/ or witnesses present as much as I can. Hopefully we should get split custody. Sometimes, you ask yourself "What's next?" and truth be told, I really don't know. I guess I'll find out.. for now.. i just need to make it to the next day.

Shout out to my friend L(old person) tongue. Thanks for being there.

Life indeed is an interesting maze. Quite a few surprises around each bend. Wherever you are at the moment, stay positive and hopeful.. your best is yet to come. smiley

5 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 18, 2018
Risingphoenix12:
Wow... how time flies.... it's been about 6 months since I updated this thread. Mehn...
You know those movies where the guy comes back and everything has changed, with that happy smile and living happily ever after scenario? this is so NOT it. tongue

Divorce proceedings are ongoing. Hopefully it's wrapped up soon. It's funny how events like these bring out human nature. See woman jostling for money/ property. LOL! oh well.. I guess they must mean a lot to her.

Moved out to a smaller apartment. Nice and cozy. Learning the ropes of living alone. Not so easy when you are in your late 30s. LOL.. miss my kids a lot. I try to see them with my lawyers/ or witnesses present as much as I can. Hopefully we should get split custody. Sometimes, you ask yourself "What's next?" and truth be told, I really don't know. I guess I'll find out.. for now.. i just need to make it to the next day.

Shout out to my friend L(old person) tongue. Thanks for being there.

Life indeed is an interesting maze. Quite a few surprises around each bend. Wherever you are at the moment, stay positive and hopeful.. your best is yet to come. smiley
welcome back. Good to know you are doing fine too. This hurts though, I thought the break was going to bring a good news or something close.
Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 8:44am On Apr 18, 2018
Thanks @yettymuse. Well... like they say in Yoruba.. A sa le para wa.. undecided (We sha wont kill ourselves)

yettymuse:
welcome back. Good to know you are doing fine too. This hurts though, I thought the break was going to bring a good news or something close.

1 Like

Re: My Divorce Journal by bukatyne(f): 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
Luxed:

I'm a woman!

How are you now?
Re: My Divorce Journal by Atimeset: 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2018
Nice to know you are doing good @Op. Keep the Optimism Flag flying! A step at a time!
Re: My Divorce Journal by aytuns(m): 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2018
As an unmarried person in a relationship, there are a lot of things I've learnt having gone through this thread.. Hmm..

1 Like

Re: My Divorce Journal by sisisioge: 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
It is well.
Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2018
Atimeset:
Nice to know you are doing good @Op. Keep the Optimism Flag flying! A step at a time!
Thanks smiley

aytuns:
As an unmarried person in a relationship, there are a lot of things I've learnt having gone through this thread.. Hmm..
That's great. We learn every day.

sisisioge:
It is well.

Even in the well.. wink
Re: My Divorce Journal by mrjojo: 9:25pm On Apr 19, 2018
My fear of marriage just skyrocketed shocked shocked learning all the same
Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
mrjojo:
My fear of marriage just skyrocketed shocked shocked learning all the same

LOL! Don't be scared. it really is a beautiful institution. it's just one of those moves you should try getting right the first time you try. smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Divorce Journal by Katier00(f): 2:10pm On Sep 17, 2018
Risingphoenix12:
Thanks Katier00 for reaching out. Appreciate the offer.

how are you, hope you are coping fine.

1 Like

Re: My Divorce Journal by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
Risingphoenix12:
Lol... almost like clockwork... 4.08am...
This feels so surreal. Like I'm having an out of body experience and watching my own life play like a script. At this moment, I question ideals I once held sacred and sacrosanct. Emotions have gone through a myriad of manifestations - anger to despair to uncertainty etc. For once, now I feel hope.People say I laugh a lot and I'm not taking this seriously. Even that makes me laugh. I'm just built that way. I laugh when I'm stressed, even when I'm frightened. Others say run to God... well... I have... I am...at what point do you say you've reached Him? Still pondering on that...

Maybe the whole essence is to share in a journal so I (and indeed others) can learn something in future. Something positive I hope. Life really is unpredictable and everybody, irrespective of what they look like, how they live, the frequent smiles/ laughs, has something they are dealing with. There's really nothing called a perfect life. Enjoy what you have. Experience love. Give. Receive. Be happy. Take risks. Never be afraid to start afresh. Enjoy nature. Don't be in a haste. Breathe. It is well.... Even in the well... it is well.

Some people just dont understand that for some people laughing doesnt always mean what they believe it means..I understand you more than I think you are aware..I really do embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 1:05am On Nov 30, 2018
Well.. well.. well...how time flies....

Its been about 18months or so since i started this journal (i think). Final judgement at the court is scheduled to be delivered in about 2 weeks. Interestingly, my ex and I seem to have developed a decent relationship, with mutual respect. The kids come over to my apartment from time to time, spend weekends etc.. and we reinforce each other's instructions. I attend activities at my kids school, as much as i can. I'm not complaining. I sincerely believe the divorce was the best decision for both of us. Though, the side glances from people when they hear you are divorced can be unsettling. lol.

One thing this process has taught me is never be judgemental about others. Everyone has a deeper inner struggle. Live and let live. Like my mom says, "Life is a mystery" cheesy cheesy

To those who are yet to be married, be circumspect... dont manage anybody oh... i would advise marrying someone you are willing to "die" for. The future is pregnant with positive vibes, dont miss out on it

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Divorce Journal by Oyindidi(f): 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
Wow! Just wow! Some of us are really strong not even health challenge can break us. cry
Re: My Divorce Journal by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 30, 2018
Risingphoenix12:
Well.. well.. well...how time flies....

Its been about 18months or so since i started this journal (i think). Final judgement at the court is scheduled to be delivered in about 2 weeks. Interestingly, my ex and I seem to have developed a decent relationship, with mutual respect. The kids come over to my apartment from time to time, spend weekends etc.. and we reinforce each other's instructions. I attend activities at my kids school, as much as i can. I'm not complaining. I sincerely believe the divorce was the best decision for both of us. Though, the side glances from people when they hear you are divorced can be unsettling. lol.

One thing this process has taught me is never be judgemental about others. Everyone has a deeper inner struggle. Live and let live. Like my mom says, "Life is a mystery" cheesy cheesy

To those who are yet to be married, be circumspect... dont manage anybody oh... i would advise marrying someone you are willing to "die" for. The future is pregnant with positive vibes, dont miss out on it
until you walk the walk, not everyone would understand this statement. I'm glad you and ex are coparenting in peace. I wish you both all the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan / My Husband Called Me A Vagabond / Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.