Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) (156143 Views)

Nigeria Vs Libya: U23 AFCON Qualifier (4 - 0) On 25th March 2019 / Nigeria Vs Libya: Africa Cup Of Nations Qualifier - 4 - 0 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
Cameroon announce squad for Nigeria

Cameroon have announced their 23-man squad for the Fifa World Cup qualifier against Nigeria, with the likes of Christian Bassogog, Vincent Aboubakar and Benjamin Moukandjo all included.

Hugo Broos has named a full-strength travelling party with Frank Zambo Anguissa, Georges Bokwé and Toko Ekambi handed a chance to impress.

Choupo Moting was recalled back to the team after turning down an invite the squad that won the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon.

Ajax’s young goalkeeper Andre Onana who was on parade as the Dutch team bowed out of the Europa League on Thursday was shut out.

The first leg of the double-header qualifier holds in Uyo, while the reverse fixture will be played in Yaoundé three days later.

CAMEROON'S 23-MAN SQUAD IN FULL

GOALKEEPERS: Ondoa Fabrice (FC Séville, Spain), Goda Jules (AC Ajaccio, France), Bokwe Georges (Mjondalen, Norway)

DEFENDERS: Ngadeu Michael (Slavia Prague, Czech Republic), Teikeu Adolphe (FC Sochaux, France ), Mabouka Ernest (Maccabi, Israel), Castelleto Jean Charles (Brest, France), Leuko Serge (CD Lugo, Spain), Fai Collins (Standard de Liège, Belgium), Banana Yaya (Panionios, Greece), Nouhou Tolo (Seattle Sounders, USA)

MIDFIELDERS: Djoum Giles (FC Hearts, Scotland), Mandjeck Georges (Sparta Prague, Czech Republic), Siani Sebastien (KV Oostende, Belgium) Franck Zambo Anguissa (Marseille, France)

FORWARDS: Choupo Moting (Stoke City, England ), Aboubakar Vincent (FC Porto, Portugal), Moukandjo Benjamin (Jiansung, China), Bassogog Christian (Henan Jianye, China), Toko Ekambi Karl (Angers, France) Nsame Jean Pierre (Young Boys, Switzerland), Moumi Ngamaleu (Rheinorf, Austria), Fabrice Olinga ( Mouscron, Belgium)
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 10:44am On Aug 26, 2017
Nigeria's head coach Gernot Rohr has unveiled his schedules for next month's World Cup qualifier double header against Cameroon.

The German tactician had called up 23 players for two showdown clashes with the Indomitable Lions on September 1 and 4 respectively plus seven on the standby list.

And he has revealed that invited players will resume camp on Friday in Abuja before heading out to Uyo, where the first leg encounter will take place on Monday.

"The [invited Super Eagles] players are already preparing with their clubs and will be arriving this weekend in Abuja," Rohr told media.

"We will have two to three days of training. The China based players [John Mikel Obi and Odion Ighalo] will come in on Friday because they won't play during the weekend and Chidozie Awaziem in France who has a red card will also arrive on Friday. So, we will have three players this weekend.

"The rest players will arrive on Sunday while we will be expecting two players - Victor Moses and Alex Iwobi who will be playing on Sunday night in England. But we will move on Monday morning to Uyo, while Moses and Iwobi will join us on Tuesday morning in Uyo.

"We will start training on Monday evening with fitness and recovering and continues on Tuesday morning and afternoon with everybody expected in camp and same two-daily training sessions for Wednesday and Thursday before the game on Friday.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/rohr-unveils-super-eagles-schedule-for-cameroon-clash/1qgla6hel9td617g2kj9a6j9pi

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
Rohr Excited As Ighalo Hits Eagles Abuja Camp; Mikel, Akpeyi To Arrive On Saturday, Iwobi On Monday

Changchun Yatai of China striker, Odion Ighalo, is the first player to arrive at the camp of the Super Eagles in Abuja on Friday ahead of the first of their two legged 2018 World Cup qualifiers against the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon on September 1 in Uyo.

Super Eagles gaffer Gernot Rohr who revealed this to Completesportsnigeria.com Friday in Abuja said he would start a training session with Ighalo and FC Ifeanyiubah goalkeeper, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, who is also expected to be in camp later in the the day (Friday)

Rohr also divulged that skipper Mikel Obi and goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi are expected to arrive the Abuja camp on Saturday while majority of the other players will arrive on Sunday.

“Alex Iwobi is expected to fly in on Monday after a late game on Sunday before the team departs Abuja to Uyo. I have words from all the players, that they will arrive on schedule. It is straight to business, ” Rohr stated

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rohr-excited-ighalo-hits-eagles-abuja-came-mikel-akpeyi-arrive-saturday-iwobi-monday/

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by samtol4(m): 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2017
optional1:
public holiday

i don't think i can sit and watch this match oh..

When you bet your left balls that Nigeria will win that is the time they will lose....

Who ever will watch this match should carry a spare heart oh...
You are right ... It will be explosive and those withhype tension should not watch

Wish them good luck..
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 9:26am On Aug 28, 2017
the camp is open

lets go there grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
Mikel leads Super Eagles to Uyo today

Skipper John Mikel Obi will lead the Super Eagles stars to Uyo today, where they will face Cameroon in a World Cup qualifier on Friday.Skipper John Mikel Obi will lead the Super Eagles stars to Uyo today, where they will face Cameroon in a World Cup qualifier on Friday.

The Super Eagles are expected to have a full house tomorrow in Uyo ahead of Friday’s World Cup qualifier against Cameroon.

Already, the likes of Odion Ighalo, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Daniel Akpeyi and captain John Mikel Obi have already arrived the team’s hotel camp in Abuja, from where they will travel to Uyo later today.

Goalkeeper Akpeyi appears to have recovered from a knock which forced his South African club Chippa United to rest him recently.

“The camp opens officially today in Uyo,” said Super Eagles media officer, Toyin Ibitoye.

Read also: NIG vs Cameroon: Mikel storms Super Eagles camp

“The squad in Abuja will head to Uyo today and we expect a full house tomorrow.

“It’s a crucial game against Cameroon, but unfortunately Iwobi has withdrawn due to injury. He has since been replaced by Aaron Samuel.

“Uche Agbo, who played for his Belgian club Standard Liege yesterday, is also expected in Uyo as a cover for any more injuries.”

Nigeria welcome the Indomitable Lions to Uyo on Friday with the reverse qualifier on Monday in Yaounde.

http://.com/mikel-leads-super-eagles-to-uyo-today

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Icon79(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
Besides playing this game in Uyo, I think the other silly decision by the match organizers is to play the game on Friday. They should have rescheduled this game to Sunday, if Saturday isn't gonna work. I am not crazy about this Friday kickoff time. For one, it takes away one training day for the Super Eagles.

I can't understand why this game isn't gonna be played on Saturday and Tuesday, or Sunday and Wednesday.

O pari
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by PDPGuy: 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
Icon79:
Besides playing this game in Uyo, I think the other silly decision by the match organizers is to play the game on Friday. They should have rescheduled this game to Sunday, if Saturday isn't gonna work. I am not crazy about this Friday kickoff time. For one, it takes away one training day for the Super Eagles.

I can't understand why this game isn't gonna be played on Saturday and Tuesday, or Sunday and Wednesday.

O pari

It was FIFA that moved the game to Friday for "TV broadcast reasons".
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Icon79(m): 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
Oh, I see. And it's funny because this game isn't even being carried by BeinSport ... unless they change their line up within the week. For now, I have seen most of the other African qualifiers, including the Algerian/Zambian game but the Super Eagles match isn't there.

O pari

PDPGuy:

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by PDPGuy: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
Icon79:
Oh, I see. And it's funny because this game isn't even being carried by BeinSport ... unless they change their line up within the week. For now, I have seen most of the other African qualifiers, including the Algerian/Zambian game but the Super Eagles match isn't there.

O pari

I just checked. BeIN will show the game on beIN 4.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
PDPGuy:

yea FIFA did moved the date

but all the same we must be there to cheer the eagles to victory cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Icon79(m): 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
BeIn 4? I am not sure we have that channel in my area, definitely not on TV anyway.

And I definitely need to watch the game. As a matter of fact, I have already scheduled to leave work early on Friday. Bummer!

O pari

PDPGuy:

I just checked. BeIN will show the game on beIN 4.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Icon79(m): 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
Calling all the Prayers Warriors in this forum, please pray that Akpeyi would not start the game on Friday or even in the return leg match.
I watched Ikechukwu Ezenwa for the CHAN Super Eagles team and he's much better than Akpeyi.

O pari

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by NsiJaunty(m): 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
sammie771:
That stadium is full of juju.
you are talking bullshit....
Can ur state provide an image of this...
Stupid people that keep talking rubbish
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 9:31am On Aug 29, 2017
Icon79:
Calling all the Prayers Warriors in this forum, please pray that Akpeyi would not start the game on Friday or even in the return leg match.
I watched Ikechukwu Ezenwa for the CHAN Super Eagles team and he's much better than Akpeyi.

O pari

if you ask me

I think Ezenwa should start he looks more composed than akpeyi

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2017
eagles live in uyo
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Danielnino00(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
Icon79:

O pari

Most of the world cup qualifier games will be played on Friday with return legs on September 1st.
Dunno why FIFA gave such a short break
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by WhoRUDeceiving: 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
Africans with their colonized mindsets paying Oyibo coaches every time.

Nonsense
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Icon79(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
Thank you, my brother! Not that it matters but I am amazed of how many people here who included Akpeyi in their starting line up.
I have watched Akpeyi several times and he has no business even being invited to the Super Eagles. He lacks even the basic goalkeeping skills and always looks scared in goal. Hopefully, the new goalkeeping coach would realize that Ezenwa is far better than him.

O pari

robosky02:

if you ask me

I think Ezenwa should start he looks more composed than akpeyi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Icon79(m): 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
I think it's because FIFA doesn't want any game to stretch to Wednesday. The European league organizations are running FIFA.

O pari

Danielnino00:

Most of the world cup qualifier games will be played on Friday with return legs on September 1st.
Dunno why FIFA gave such a short break

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 8:45am On Aug 30, 2017
Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has expressed his happiness at having a “full house” in camp, ahead of Friday’s 2018 World Cup qualifier against Cameroon in Uyo.

The Eagles are targeting their 12th win over the Indomitable Lions.

In 20 previous encounters, Nigeria have been winners 10 times, with Cameroon winning four times and six matches drawn.

“It is a big match and we are fully focused and committed. The players know what it means; they need little or no reminding of how important this match is,” Rohr, toldthenff.com

“I am happy we have almost the full house now and can concentrate on our tactics for the game.”

Captain Mikel John Obi and 22 other players are currently at the team’s camp Ibom Meridien Hotel, with only Cyprus–based Abdullahi Shehu still expected.

Players that were already in camp are: Moses Simon, Uche Agbo, Leon Balogun, John Ogu, Anthony Nwakaeme, Victor Moses, Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Oghenekaro Etebo, Kelechi Iheanacho, William Ekong, Ahmed Musa, Chidozie Awaziem, Ola Aina, Daniel Akpeyi, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Mikel Agu, Odion Ighalo, Wilfred Ndidi, Dele Alampasu, Elderson Echiejile, Aaron Samuel and Tyronne Ebuehi.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/08/29/nigeria-vs-cameroon-rohr-happy-full-house/

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2017
cameeroon training in Younde

The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon ramped up preparations for the game against Nigeria with their first full training sessions with all invited players bar Nouho Tollo of MLS side Seattle Sounders present.

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2017
Hugo Broos: I’m Ready For Nigeria War

Indomitable Lions of Cameroon coach, Hugo Broos, says that his team is battle ready to face Nigeria in Friday’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying match at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium Uyo, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.‎

In a chat with Cameroon Tribune, the Belgian-born tactician insists he is not unaware of the daunting task his team is facing, that the Indomitable Lions are prepared to weather the storm in Uyo and bring their World Cup dreams back to life.

Broos assures that he is reflecting his players’ self-belief ahead of the double header against Nigeria.

“I am ready, I hope the players will follow me,” Hugo Broos declares.

Left-full back remains Cameron’s weakest link as Hugo Broos struggles to fill the huge vacuum that Oyongo Bitolo’absence has left in the defense. This is a flaw Victor Moses can effectively capitalise on come Friday.

A win for Super Eagles will see Nigeria virtually having one leg in Russia, needing a home win over Zambia to Seale their third consecutive World Cup qualification.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/hugo-broos-im-ready-nigeria-war/

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Danielnino00(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2017
Icon79 the Lord has answered your prayers oo.. Akpeyi is out.
Oya pray make we win too grin grin .

On a serious note,Ezenwa gives me more worries than Akpeyi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Icon79(m): 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
Prrrraaaaaaiiiiiissssssseeeeeee God!!!

Amen and amen!!!

Trust me, Ikechukwu Ezenwa is head and shoulders better than Daniel Akpeyi. Don't get me wrong, neither one of them is good enough but, between the two, I would take Ezenwa any day. At least, unlike Akpeyi, Ezenwa has the basic fundamentals of being a goalkeeper, commands some level of control over his area and doesn't flap his crosses. I think the only reason Akpeyi is often preferred is because of his height advantage.

Anyway, if this is true, then there's hope on Friday.

O pari

Danielnino00:

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 9:01am On Aug 31, 2017
Danielnino00:

so you people conspired to remove akpeyi abi

issorite lets go there grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Danielnino00(m): 11:17am On Aug 31, 2017
robosky02:

I'm sure over 90% of super eagles fans don't want Akpeyi to man the post against Cameroon. I can't remember him keeping a clean sheet in all the games he has played for us.
But I'm not sure Ezenwa is a better choice either..
its funny tho.. We used to have three reliable goalkeepers in Enyeama,Ejide and Dele Aiyenugba,but now we have three goalkeepers who aren't even regular starters in their club
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
Super Eagles shows support to Carl Ikeme

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
here we go the lions are in town

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Icon79(m): 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
It's for the good of the country, bro grin

O pari

robosky02:

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Icon79(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
Bia, what happened to Austin EJide sef? It seems like he just suddenly disappeared into thin air.

O pari

Danielnino00:

I'm sure over 90% of super eagles fans don't want Akpeyi to man the post against Cameroon. I can't remember him keeping a clean sheet in all the games he has played for us.
But I'm not sure Ezenwa is a better choice either..
its funny tho.. We used to have three reliable goalkeepers in Enyeama,Ejide and Dele Aiyenugba,but now we have three goalkeepers who aren't even regular starters in their club
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) by Danielnino00(m): 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2017
Icon79:
Bia, what happened to Austin EJide sef? It seems like he just suddenly disappeared into thin air.

O pari

He is currently playing in the third tier of the Israeli league.. grin make them call am??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Dele Alli's Sex Video Leaks Online (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.