Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,489 members, 7,854,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:52 AM

No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! (2497 Views)

NEWS FLASH: Zamfara Election: Supreme Court Voids Votes For APC / PDP Storms Daura, Katsina. Launches 100 Votes For Each Polling Unit (Photos) / MINIMUM WAGE: Labour Draws Battle Line With Govt; Says No N30,000, No Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2017
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by fyneguy: 6:28pm On Aug 01, 2017
angels09:
I will like to advocate that APC should be shown the way out if they don't complete and commission the Lagos Ibadan expressway satisfactorily before 2018. GEJ almost completed the project before the 2015 elections..

It is time we stopped allowing politicians take us for granted.
The Lagos Ibadan expressway is one of the most important roads in Nigeria... While the government can fund cars for reps and senators..plus humongous allowances this road is left to rot.. while they move around in chartered jets... Lives are lost daily on this road...goods perish... enough is enough. Not to mention that private vehicles incur increased maintenance costs... Just like the government is mocking the citizens...

I agree we should use it to bargain, among other demands but saying GEJ ''almost completed it'' is nonsensical.

2 Likes

Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by DocHMD: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
Basic123:

You think is worse than southeast that actually voted GEJ for second term without doing ANYTHING(not simple second niger bridge) for them but just out of emotions!

Yes the 'their boil is bigger than our boil so we should leave ours' mentality on display here again. Zoogerians never learn. Always comparing poverty with another poverty level as a yardstick, yet they want to be developed like the first world within a snap of the finger. grin grin

1 Like

Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2017
fyneguy:

I agree we should use it to bargain, among other demands but saying GEJ ''almost completed it'' is nonsensical.
Well despite the perceived ineptitude and graft associated with GEJ the project was moving at an appreciable speed.
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2017
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by OAUTemitayo: 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2017
NgcoboP:

Well despite the perceived ineptitude and graft associated with GEJ the project was moving at an appreciable speed.
While I support the OP, your "appreciable speed" that couldn't finish the project in 6 years of Jonathan is rubbish.
Don't come with was he the first person to be the President?
We all knew OBJ was also useless before Jonathan came in.

2 Likes

Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

While I support the OP, your "appreciable speed" that couldn't finish the project in 6 years of Jonathan is rubbish.
Don't come with was he the first person to be the President?
We all knew OBJ was also useless before Jonathan came in.
When did GEJ start the project?
And please don't derail the essence of the thread. If you are interested in poverty and underdevelopment contestations kindly create your own thread

1 Like

Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2017
embarassed
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2017
shocked
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 02, 2017
Not in the same page with you. Mine is, if they fail to finish the started Lagos - Ibadan Railway.
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Ovamboland(m): 6:05am On Aug 02, 2017
Zenithpeak:
These south West people and suffer head is like 5&6. How could a reasonable set of people still nursing the idea of voting APC in 2019?

God save my people from slavery mentality.

Yet south east people gave all their votes to GEJ in 2015 even though he promised them 2nd Niger bridge which he could not deliver even on paper

1 Like

Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by ProWalker: 6:20am On Aug 02, 2017
Ovamboland:

Yet south east people gave all their votes to GEJ in 2015 even though he promised them 2nd Niger bridge which he could not deliver even on paper

You dey mind that yeye idiot? They were ready to kill themselves for GEJ that dis not complete a cumulative of 100KM of road in the whole of SE.

1 Like

Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Zenithpeak(m): 9:38am On Aug 02, 2017
Ovamboland:

We must always equip ourselves with detailed information on every matter of interest especially the ones that belong to history.

Remember in 2015, South East casted their votes emansly for GEJ not because he has done exceptionally well as a president but because, there was no better option. Many people considered him to be their 'familiar devil' rather than the 'stranger angel' that his coming with bags full of uncertainties.

Moreso, the role that religion, culture, tribalism, language and politics of bitterness cumbered with hate speeches played in 2015 general election can never be over emphasized.

It is true GEJ failed in his promises to the south east people and no apology for that. but, what can we say about APC and their goons who sees lies and deceptions as tool for governance? They renedged emphatically all their promises on the ground that, 'those promises were a mere political talk'. The president himself also said that, 'The promises were not expressly from him, but from the politicians and he can not deliver what he did not promise as a person'

South East's decision to vote GEJ was latter vindicated by the reason of Mr President's and his APC's attitude towards further widening the gulf of separation between us especially when he carelessly polarised the polity as 97% and 5%...

Bottom line, we must try not to make this mistake the second time if we realy want to have a country that our children will call their own.

2015 general election is 2015 general mistake.
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 02, 2017
cool
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Zenithpeak(m): 10:35am On Aug 02, 2017
ProWalker:

You dey mind that yeye idiot? They were ready to kill themselves for GEJ that dis not complete a cumulative of 100KM of road in the whole of SE.

Buhari, your messiah with a magic wand! What has he done? Even with his so called special brains and super ministers like nairaland's super mods . has he been able effect any good change in any sector? Was he not bewildered and incapacitated in all front?

What is the cumulative of the feet covered so far? Road, rail, electricity, economy, job creation, per capita income, even proper coordination between the three arms of the government? Everything is in total disarray. Governance in Nigeria is not getting better, rather is getting worse.

The situation we found ourselves after 2015 general election should open our eyes as to how to handle these set of people that take advantage of us at all time all in the name of politics.

Wise up guy, our mumu don do! The fight is no more between PDP AND APC or GEJ VS PMB. Not even between SE and other regions but the call is on us all to reason in the light of the kind of future we want for ourselves and our children.
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 03, 2017
kmkm
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by chinchum(m): 2:49am On Aug 03, 2017
That road is like 50% completed, i opined that like 25% of the total work was completed in the last 12 months. My office is along the Lag-Ibd expressway. Work has slowed down in the last 2 months, but not stopped. If the same pace used in the last 12 moths before the slump in work pace is applied in the next 12 months, the road would be like 80% completed.

1 Like

Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 03, 2017
chinchum:
That road is like 50% completed, i opined that like 25% of the total work was completed in the last 12 months. My office is along the Lag-Ibd expressway. Work has slowed down in the last 2 months, but not stopped. If the same pace used in the last 12 moths before the slump in work pace is applied in the next 12 months, the road would be like 80% completed.
Not good enough. 100% or nothing
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by chinchum(m): 3:44am On Aug 03, 2017
NgcoboP:

The fastest pace ever was the last 12 months.. I can vouch on that.
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by chinchum(m): 3:46am On Aug 03, 2017
NgcoboP:

Not good enough. 100% or nothing
Well, i am not sure if it can be completed next year ending, but a lot can be achieved in 16months . I think it depends on the level of funding.
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by urbobo20(m): 3:54am On Aug 03, 2017
my own advice for those living in south west is to created a page and change ur pic pix on face book twiter and the rest to no road no vote even we in Niger delta should do equally
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by xnsandrxns: 5:08am On Aug 03, 2017
This is how we run our politics here
Objectivity is always involved
That is what we want
Take it or leave it
We are not "idiots and pigs" that vote without thinking
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by vital: 5:38am On Aug 03, 2017
They ve really taken us for a ride.Bad governance,Usesless politicians,busy enriching their pockets and the poor massess suffering.No good federal project,constituting committee for minimum wage without execution.Massess should wake up against this people.We need to put a halt to their bad actions.they ve sold the massess out.MASSESS ARISE and CONQUER
Re: No Lagos Ibadan Expressway No Votes For APC in the Southwest!! by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2017
chinchum:
Well, i am not sure if it can be completed next year ending, but a lot can be achieved in 16months . I think it depends on the level of funding.
I don't care. 100% or mxn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hmm!!! Alleged Photos Of Governor Yahaya Bello's N2.1b Abuja Mansion / The Rise And Fall Of Buhari. / Why I Was Absent At APC National Caucus Meeting - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.