Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Foreign Coach: Nff Decieving Nigerians - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Foreign Coach: Nff Decieving Nigerians (625 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? / Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Coach: Nff Decieving Nigerians by woye77: 8:20am On Feb 10, 2010
It has come to our notice that the so-called "New Foreign Coach" exploration, is a deliberate ploy by the NFF, to shadow-box with the angry Nigerian resentments over the issue of Amodu and South Africa 2010. In the end, the source confirmed; the NFF- unable to conclude a contract with a high ranking foreign coach, will plead to Nigerians, for the safest option: "allow Amodu to lead the Eagles to SA." The agreement also included a back-up assistant position by Stephen Keshi.

This decision was reached after the vocal opposition (over allowance) to Lulu, was "SETTLED" Friday night. Amodu was then asked to continue with his World Cup project, by organizing friendlies and camping of Nigerian-based prospects. These two acts were confirmed to be uninterrupted efforts, toward the buildup for the 2010 World Cup Finals.

The public and the most vocal critics will raise hell, but the campaign is in tact and the opposition will not amount much, Lulu and co agreed.

Therefore, in the coming weeks, the NFF will engage in a charade of exploring some unwilling super coaches, while the decision to maintain Amodu has been cast in stone!

http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/lulunff-pulling-a-wool-over
Re: Foreign Coach: Nff Decieving Nigerians by snakova(m): 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
i really see your insight wit hthis piece. I also have been thinking the same thjing. After feb 26, we go see.
Re: Foreign Coach: Nff Decieving Nigerians by chidyke77(m): 10:10am On Feb 13, 2010
Am also thinking d sem.
Re: Foreign Coach: Nff Decieving Nigerians by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 15, 2010
When Shaibu Amodu was hired to lead the Super Eagles through qualifying, I wrote the following on my facebook page.

"I don't believe that Amodu is the best local coach in the country, on the back of this failure by Berti Vogts, I belive Amodu is being hired to fail so that the NFF can justify the need to hire a Foreign Coach on the eve of world cup"

You know what? Amodu did not fail as much as I expected him to but the NFF which were not necessarily interested Amodu's result in the first place and have decided to hire a Foreign Coach anyway. Well this has always been their agenda and nothing to do with Amodu's records.
There are better coaches than Amodu in the country and I see no need for any foreign coach and I want to ask the following.

What is the basis of chasing a Foreign Coach at this time? Do we plan to win the world cup?

If we are looking to win the world cup then I will say that hiring a new foreign coach 4 months to the finals is just how not to prepare, its too late.

If we are not planning to win the world cup, then what is the essence of spending so much on a Foreign Coach really?

I will suggest keeping Amodu as head coach and bringing in Siasia as Technical Adviser.

(1) (Reply)

I Can Do A Better Job In South Africa - Amodu / Brazil To Win 2010 World Cup & Nigeria To Advanced To Quarter Finals / Thirteen Fans Injured In South African Stadium Crush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.