Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF (1772 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Stephen Keshi Still Remains Eagles Coach - Chris Giwa / Foreign Coach: Nff Decieving Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by FBS: 8:10am On Jan 20, 2010
NFF: AMODU REMAINS EAGLES' COACH

The Nigeria Football Federation stated on Tuesday that Shuaibu Amodu is still the Head Coach of the Nigeria national football team, Super Eagles.

Chairman of the NFF Technical Committee, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi said in Lubango: "We have heard several rumours going round concerning the sacking of Shuaibu Amodu. That is not correct. Amodu is still the Head Coach of the Super Eagles.

"It is true that there are two types of coaches: those who are being hired and those who are being fired. The Nigeria Football Federation hired Shuaibu Amodu to do a job and he has been doing it. He qualified us for the World Cup finals and he is presently at the Cup of Nations.

"The team may not be playing as well as people expect but it is a combination of factors and it is unfair to heap all the blame on the Head Coach. With the win over Benin Republic, the confidence is back and the players know that Nigeria expect victory over Mozambique. Everyone is working towards that.

"The rumours are not good at this moment when the team wishes to concentrate fully on the job at hand. We plead with Nigerians to exercise patience and retain faith in the team as we go ahead in the tournament," said Ogunjobi.

Nigeria take on Mozambique in Lubango on Wednesday in one of the two concluding matches of Group C of the 27th Africa Cup of Nations, with many feeling the World Cup–bound Super Eagles have not impressed in Angola.

The Eagles need at least a draw against the Mambas at the 20,000 capacity Tundavala Stadium to reach the championship's quarterfinals.

Colin Udoh

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13421
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Damoche10: 9:55am On Jan 20, 2010
NFF should get the HELL OUT!!!!!
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2010
kudos to NFF

U cant sack a coach midway through a tournament,esp when the team are still IN the tournament.Doesnt make logical sense,realY!
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 20, 2010
Damoche10:

NFF should get the HELL OUT!!!!!

If you sack Amodu now,the new coach will already have ample reasons to give when he under-performs at the World Cup.

Simply,he will say he didnt have sufficient time with the team
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by honeric01(m): 11:02am On Jan 20, 2010
ok, well today's there to show everyone.
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by otokx(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2010
They should leave the man to finish his job
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by sholasys: 11:44am On Jan 20, 2010
Somebody is benefiting from something. If we really want to make impact in the coming World cup in SA, we need a fresh input, fresh Head, new playing pattern, tactics, I mean a coach.
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by shfizle(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2010
Which stupid job e dey do wey you wan make e finish? Does it look like we have a coach the way they are playing? angry angry angry
Maybe na d same village una come from grin grin grin
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Tonyet1(m): 11:53am On Jan 20, 2010
Just exactly what i told my Dad they'll never sack that monument called "A-mud", with the percentage Lulu et al gets from that man's (shuiabu) pay monthly is enuff to stand and defend him even in the face of his many glaring failures. what one man's greed can cause over 170million people.God save Nigeria.!
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by bunya(m): 11:55am On Jan 20, 2010
Nawaoooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by infogenius(m): 11:55am On Jan 20, 2010
You and I know too well that Amodu will vacate that job soon. But the issue is that this present crop of "Super Chickens" are not making us happy. How will they fare in the world cup with Argentina already happy with our present form?

It is so obvious that we all will be expecting miracles at the world cup under the new manager.Because it is still the same team.Unless life is given to the team.
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Desdo(m): 12:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
NFF are blind and visionless.
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by tayoast(m): 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2010
MrPrsdent:

kudos to NFF

U cant sack a coach midway through a tournament,esp when the team are still IN the tournament.Doesnt make logical sense,realY!

Nobody sacks a coach midway. After d tournament?? he has 2 go
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Tonyet1(m): 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2010
Desdo:

NFF are blind and visionless.

No my friend, NFF under LULU is blind and visionless.
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Tonyet1(m): 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2010
tayo_ast:

Nobody sacks a coach midway. After d tournament?? he has 2 go

Is there any FIFA policy to that? There is nothing like that, If a Manager is bad he should be replaced like Hughes was replaced with Mancini in Man.city even while the EPL is still ongoing. Lets call a spade a spade. A-mud-O should be replaced . He has nothing to offer. Allah! angry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by duality(m): 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
sack amodu, sack amodu. that is not the solution. ok, name any coach in the world now who can win the nations cup if he takes over from amodu. none i think.

i think it should be tackled holistically new organization, new managers, new players. every thing new. if not, we would keep looking for who to blame.  and then it may not be amodu.
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by tayoast(m): 2:00pm On Jan 20, 2010
Tonye-t:

Is there any FIFA policy to that? There is nothing like that, If a Manager is bad he should be replaced like Hughes was replaced with Mancini in Man.city even while the EPL is still ongoing. Lets call a spade a spade. A-mud-O should be replaced . He has nothing to offer. Allah! angry[color=#990000][/color]

Hell NO! Mark Hughes' is quite different.

We're talking abt a 6-game tournament her. But let him just finish d tournament, then land d sledge hammer!!
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2010
Tonye-t:

my friend there is a big difference between a 3-week tournament and a league that runs for maybe 8 or 9 months tongue

duality:

sack amodu, sack amodu. that is not the solution. ok, name any coach in the world now who can win the nations cup if he takes over from amodu. none i think.

i think it should be tackled holistically new organization, new managers, new players. every thing new. if not, we would keep looking for who to blame.  and then it may not be amodu.

U are quite right. people always want a new coach without thinking of the consequences
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Tonyet1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2010
Sack Amodu! That my friend is the solution! NFF does not manage a team, Administration does not manage a team. Do you still remember NFA during Westerhof's time, then there were many problem rocking the Association yet a good manager never allowed himself to be distracted with the greedy mentality of a few in the glass house.

Bro! to me that Man Amodu epitomizes failures for the Nigeria football, We have good coaches, local and international.

Let me take local for example, Look at Siasia (The best emerging coach MTN 2009), you and i know that man will come in and never tolerate all the nonsense that is secretly perpetrated by the LULUs.

Before that Amodu of a Man was to take Martins for the Nations cup, folks and all sport loving fans plainly told him his decisions were wrong, yet he acted stubborn and dumb even at the face of his stup.idity and at the end what happened?. Martins was ejected for injuries and our tax was used to pay a fine of $10,000 for replacing Martins name.

Its so glaring that our super eagles will not lift the cup, howbeit it is only wise we leave with honors which is why a fresh Manager be put in there to make us proud!
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Tonyet1(m): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2010
Mr President and Tayo-ast,

I quite agree with your reasons considering the duration of the tournament, but then let ask ourselves this question. Is it the Job of a Manager to go in to the pitch and score goals or to bring in formations and game plan to win a game.

I still believe if the PTF can press on a little bit and put in a good manager who understands "GAME PLANNING AND FORMATION". With the likes of the few dedicated eagles on the tournament, you can never tell what will be our result. Besides just like Mancini came in with a winning sprew formation in less than a week game after the draw-draw by hughes. A good coach in the tounament can still change the story.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2010
@Tonye-T

It has NEVER happened before,that a coach came in mid-way through a tournament and wins.

The best that a NEW coach can achieve at ACN is a semi-final place. And that is also Shuaibu's mandate from the NFF.

Lets wait for Amodu to FAIL ,then we will support NFF in replacing him
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by koolchicco: 3:11pm On Jan 20, 2010
Buncha Sycophants! angry
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Tonyet1(m): 3:33pm On Jan 20, 2010
Mr.President,

you are putting more salt into the sore already, so we should forfeit the Nations cup 2010 glory because of one silly monument called Amodu gooosh! do you know what it will cost to lose yet another cup after many years of failures. It means loss of passion, loss of money and time resources, lose of respect and honor, lose of everything. angry angry

You are saying we should leave Amodu to go ahead and just deliver us thru to the semis like he promised us and then come back home like some foolish and deluded tudors. rubbish

I knew that man had nothing to offer when he said "His target for the eagles was only the semis" I then wondered what then happened to the 1st place.!Does he mean we are paying him from our taxes for only the semi slot. God have mercy.

My friend, they say " a stitch in time saves nine" its better we let that guy go now there is still hope at least we are yet to cross the first stages of the tournament than wait yet moumor and grieve.

If you ask mei'll say let Siasia or better still Amodu's asst. (Amokachi) be given a chance to come in with their game plan and formation even if it will stop us in the semis at least we know they will be promising than resting the hopes of over 100 million fans on one hopeless man called our Manager.

Lets forget whether a Manager has never been replaced in an ongoing tournament and start looking at our NATIONS CUP GLORY AND WORLD CUP CHALLENGE. Simple!
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Smi1(m): 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
you are absolutely right bro,  if we don't let that dumb A S S go i don't think we are going to succeed in football world again.

Tonye-t:

Mr.President,

you are putting more salt into the sore already, so we should forfeit the Nations cup 2010 glory because of one silly monument called Amodu gooosh! do you know what it will cost to lose yet another cup after many years of failures. It means loss of passion, loss of money and time resources, lose of respect and honor, lose of everything. angry angry

You are saying we should leave Amodu to go ahead and just deliver us thru to the semis like he promised us and then come back home like some foolish and deluded tudors. rubbish

I knew that man had nothing to offer when he said "His target for the eagles was only the semis" I then wondered what then happened to the 1st place.!Does he mean we are paying him from our taxes for only the semi slot. God have mercy.

My friend, they say " a stitch in time saves nine" its better we let that guy go now there is still hope at least we are yet to cross the first stages of the tournament than wait yet moumor and grieve.

If you ask mei'll say let Siasia or better still Amodu's asst. (Amokachi) be given a chance to come in with their game plan and formation even if it will stop us in the semis at least we know they will be promising than resting the hopes of over 100 million fans on one hopeless man called our Manager.

Lets forget whether a Manager has never been replaced in an ongoing tournament and start looking at our NATIONS CUP GLORY AND WORLD CUP CHALLENGE. Simple!

Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Rmc1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 20, 2010
na waoooo what is this evil romance btw amodu and NFF ehnn?
AMODU MUST GO angry
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2010
Now that Nigeria won convincingly against mozambique,I noticed most of U are a little taciturn, Impatient lot undecided
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Tonyet1(m): 10:08am On Jan 21, 2010
Anyone saying Nigerians should rest their case about sacking that monument becos his 15yr old beat a 3yr old black-n-blue then i'll tag such people as sycophants better still COWARDS!
angry angry angry
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by deb(m): 10:26am On Jan 23, 2010
na waoooo what is this evil romance btw amodu and NFF ehnn?
AMODU MUST GO Angry

They are gays cheesy grin
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by ndcide(m): 12:05pm On Jan 23, 2010
what if amodu wins the nations cup. lets give this man a chance. after all people also learn on the job. no coach can win any trophy for 9ja over night.

even if i would love to have amodus job i wouldn't want to be sacked just like that. i believe if we live amodu we can win the world cup. but bringing a new coach? well, he would still be sacked after the world cup after all. cos nigerians would find a reason.
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 23, 2010
ndcide:

what if amodu wins the nations cup. lets give this man a chance. after all people also learn on the job. no coach can win any trophy for 9ja over night.

even if i would love to have amodus job i wouldn't want to be sacked just like that. i believe if we live amodu we can win the world cup. but bringing a new coach? well, he would still be sacked after the world cup after all. cos nigerians would find a reason.

exactly my point
Re: Amodu Remains Eagles' Coach - NFF by ladi2009: 1:48am On Jan 27, 2010
lt's a pity we are blessed with abundant talents in soccer but a few good managers of which Amodu is not. l have said it before that a whole lot of elements in that glass house benefit from Nigeria's misfortune in soccer. This so called Ogunjobi that is now the spokeman of the NFF was booted out as the secretary of then NFA for bad management. So, what are we talking about? This team we have now is a ragtag team who are drawing their strength on luck.Did anybody watch the match between Algeria and lvory Coast and Egypt with Cameroun? Then you will agree with me that a wobbling and fumbling team will not have a place in the set up.

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool Today at 2:30pm / VIDEO: Mexico 2-4 Nigeria [FIFA U17 World Cup] Highlights 06/11/2015 / Latest Transfer News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.