Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Revocation Of The C Of O Of Novotel Hotel By Wike Saddens Me - Austin Tam George - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revocation Of The C Of O Of Novotel Hotel By Wike Saddens Me - Austin Tam George (757 Views)

Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki / NGE Demands Revocation Of Suspension Order Of DAAR Licences / Austin Tam-George Resigns As Wike’s Information Commissioner (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revocation Of The C Of O Of Novotel Hotel By Wike Saddens Me - Austin Tam George by Emmyloaded: 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2017
Wike former commissioner for information Austin Tam George on Tuesday gave a press release on the alleged revocation of C of O of Novotel hotel in Port Harcourt.

He stated that the revocation of the certificate of occupancy of Novotel Hotel in Port Harcourt over the weekend by Governor Nyesom Wike disappoints and saddens him.

He further stated that if a business premises is suspected or established to be a crime scene, the police, acting on a court order, could move in to take control.

"It is extraordinary for a State government to revoke the certificate of occupancy of a business, simply because opposition politicians lodged there".

Politicians in the state might think this is part of politics.

But it is a hostile signal to the business and investment community that Rivers State is a toxic environment, and that a 99-year land lease could be withdrawn impulsively at any minute, by the governor.

As Commissioner for Information in Rivers State, i held 41 media events, including world press conferences and television appearances, to make the case for the state as Nigeria's best investment destination.

Even now, the Wike administration is running an expensive advertorial on CNN, inviting foreign direct investment into Rivers State.

The whimsical attack on Novotel feeds the noxious narrative that Rivers State is a risky place to invest. It is a direct kick in the face of the administration's own efforts to attract investors to the state, in order to create jobs.

I urge governor Wike to avoid taking the same intemperate path, in the interest of the State.

Re: Revocation Of The C Of O Of Novotel Hotel By Wike Saddens Me - Austin Tam George by alienvirus: 12:12am On Aug 02, 2017
Wike l
Re: Revocation Of The C Of O Of Novotel Hotel By Wike Saddens Me - Austin Tam George by dunkem21(m): 12:22am On Aug 02, 2017
Oga, tell us why the C of O of the hotel was revoked and quit beating about undecided

1 Like

Re: Revocation Of The C Of O Of Novotel Hotel By Wike Saddens Me - Austin Tam George by DonaldGenes(m): 12:37am On Aug 02, 2017
Hmmmmmph! Observing what happens next

Re: Revocation Of The C Of O Of Novotel Hotel By Wike Saddens Me - Austin Tam George by obataokenwa(m): 12:50am On Aug 02, 2017
This guy is really a mole. Thanks to Wike for the sack.

1 Like

Re: Revocation Of The C Of O Of Novotel Hotel By Wike Saddens Me - Austin Tam George by chuks013: 1:01am On Aug 02, 2017
Re: Revocation Of The C Of O Of Novotel Hotel By Wike Saddens Me - Austin Tam George by Isoko1stSon(m): 1:08am On Aug 02, 2017
Politics, Tam George hx started Wailing Already...?
Re: Revocation Of The C Of O Of Novotel Hotel By Wike Saddens Me - Austin Tam George by fratermathy(m): 11:51pm On Sep 08, 2017
Isoko1stSon:
Politics, Tam George hx started Wailing Already...?

This guy is not an Isoko person. He is an IPOB youth from the East impersonating the good people of Isoko ethnic nationality. Everyone should take note. No Isoko person would create a username such as his. It's so sad that he is misrepresenting the collective wishes of Isoko people here on Nairaland. Disregard his posts. Things are like this are why minorities will always mistrust Igbos and their Biafra. Imagine the level of desperation and audacity.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Apc's Lies Busted: These Pictures Are Old Photos Of Buhari In London / Obasanjo Hits National Assembly Again; Calls Constituency Projects Corruption / More A Dove, Than A Lion King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.