Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

How To Move Blogs From Blogger To Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Move Blogs From Blogger To Wordpress (298 Views)

How To Migrate Your Blog From Blogger To WP Without Loosing Traffic / Can I Move The Files On My Blogger To Wordpress / 3 Reasons Why You Should Not Move From Blogger To Wordpress, Yet! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Move Blogs From Blogger To Wordpress by Eddykul(m): 12:42am On Aug 02, 2017
Today I am going to teach you on how to move your blog contents, SEO, social statistics and also your rankings in search engines from blogger to WordPress. The first thing we need to do is to stop search engines from indexing our blogger blog, you can do that by;

Login to your blogger dashboard, scroll down, click on settings > basic > Privacy.
Let search engines find your blog, select no and click on save changes
Below are five (5) steps we need to follow in other to move your blog from blogger to WordPress.

1. Create a WordPress blog.
2. Back up your blogger blog.
3. Import blogger posts.
4. Change WordPress blog permalinks.
5. Re-direct blogger blog.

Create a WordPress blog

First of all, we need to create a WordPress blog where all migration will take place. I have written an article on how to create a paid WordPress blog with Hostgator http://waparz.com/full-tutorial-on-how-to-create-a-website-on-wordpress-org/, I recommend that you take a look at that article before you proceed with the migration of your blog and also if you are using a custom domain on blogger, you will need to revert back to http://www.yourwebsitename..com format, from successful migration of your blog.

After creating your WordPress blog, there are some essential things we need to do on our blogger before migration to WordPress takes place.

1. Back up your blogger blog
2. Back up your classic template.
3. Back up your blogger template.
4. Back up your blogger blog (optional).

How to backup you classics template

Login to your blogger dashboard and scroll down and click on “themes”.
Scroll down and click on the theme.
Scroll down and click on revert to classic themes.
Click on revert to the classic theme.
Copy the edit theme HTML codes into your notepad and save it inside your computer.

How to back up blogger templates

Login to your blogger dashboard and scroll down and click on themes.
Scroll down and click on the theme.
Click on backup and restore, at the top right side of your screen.
A small box will pop up and then click download.

How back up your blogger blog
1.Login to your blogger dashboard.
2.Scroll down and click on settings and then click on other.
3.Click on back up content.

How back up your blogger blog
1. Login to your blogger dashboard.
2. Scroll down and click on settings and then click on other.
3. Click on back up content.

Import blogger blog post to WordPress

Continue reading http://waparz.com/move-blog-blogger-wordpress/

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress Website Design With Ordering System And Hosting At 2.5k Naira / Web Design At Cheaper Price / All You Need To Know About Rooting Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.