Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 2'8/17 Ability And Attitude - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 2'8/17 Ability And Attitude (257 Views)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 27/7/17 Don't Be Despair / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 7/6/2017 Pride: A Cankerworm / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 28/5/2017 Who The Cap Fits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 2'8/17 Ability And Attitude by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 02, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Wednesday, August 2, 2017

*Topic:* ABILITY AND ATTITUDE
*Read:* Matthew 25:14-30

*MEMORISE:* _His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful slave; you were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things, enter into the joy of your master.'_ *(Matthew. 25:21)*

*EXPOSITION*
The parable of the talents shows two important things needed for bountiful harvest. It shows the relationship between ability and attitude. These two have no regards for race, religion, status or age. While ability can be naturally or divinely endowed, attitude depicts the human mind. Attitude is more of what occurs on the inside. We often say that attitude determines altitude. The level of success we attain is set by the attitude we display concerning what happens around us.

In the parable of the talents, management of resources is at stake. This is evident in the gift that the man who was going on the journey gave his servants. While the resources are expressed in terms of commodity for trading, they can also be taken to represent whatever enables human beings to be productive *(cf. Matthew 17:21)*.

The attitude of the servants played major roles in their productivity. The servants with five and two talents both displayed positive attitudes to what they were given, hence their profits, over time. The servant with one talent was not productive because of his negative attitude. Attitude is a contagious thing. It affects almost every area of our lives. Just as positive attitude is capable of energising our abilities, so also is negative attitude capable of weakening our ability and destroying our potentials. Ability alone does not travel far, but can achieve a lot when it is accompanied with the right attitude.

Let this mind be in you. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ *(Philippians 2:4)*.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Lord, help me to discover what You have deposited in me.
*2.* Lord, develop in me the attitude that will energise my God-given abilities.
*3.* Lord, remove barriers to the acceptance of Your gospel in gospel-resistant areas of the world.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Numbers 11-14

*Author:* CAC WORLDWIDE
Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

Guard Against Greed / The Word Revolution - 5th August, 2017 / The Lying Good Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.