Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% (4524 Views)

After Record Loss, Nigeria’s Equities Market Rebounds / Naira Steady Against Dollar, Rebounds Slightly Against Euro And Pounds / Naira Rebounds, Gains Across Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by voiceoftheupcom: 7:51am On Aug 02, 2017
DANGOTE CEMENT TRADES 418M SHARES AS STOCK MARKET REBOUNDS WITH 2.43%
source : http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/08/dangote-cement-trades-418m-shares-as.html

Dangote Cement Plc traded 417.76 million shares yesterday as the Nigerian stock market rebounded with a gain of 2.43 per cent. According to Reuter, Dangote Industries Limited has sold a 2.3 percent stake in Dangote Cement to foreign buyers in a stock market deal valued at N86.1 billion ($236 million).
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, A total of 416 million shares of Dangote Cement traded at N210 in six off-market deals negotiated between Stanbic IBTC and Meristem stockbrokers as this resulted in the huge amount seen in the value of market transactions.
Meanwhile, the All Share Index (ASI) gained 872.87 absolute points, representing a gain of 2.43 per cent to close at 36,720.62 points. Similarly, the market capitalisation gained N302 billion, to close at N12.656 trillion. The upturn was impacted by gains recorded in medium and large capitalised stocks, amongst which are; Dangote Cement, Nestle, Guinness, PZ Industries and Stanbic IBTC.
Market breadth was positive with 32 gainers and 22 losers. Ashaka Cement recorded the highest price gain of 10.09 per cent, to close at N12.77 per share. May and Baker followed with a gain of 9.86 per cent to close at N3.12, while Honeywell Flour appreciated by 9.60 per cent to close at N2.17 per share.
Sterling Bank went up by 9.43 per cent to close at N1.16 and PZ Industries rose by 9.34 per cent to close at N24 per share. On the other hand, International breweries led the losers’ chart by 9.63 per cent, to close at N29.45 per share. UACN followed with a decline of 5.84 per cent to close at N17.40, while Aiico Insurance declined by 5.36 per cent to close at 53 kobo per share.

Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by Heartmender1: 8:16am On Aug 02, 2017
Nice development and meanwhile in another news Jealous boyfriend kills his girlfriend over ex boyfriend during her birthday (see why) at.
http://www.amiloaded.com/2017/08/jealous-lover-kills-girlfriend-over-ex.html?m=1

Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by Generalwoodz(m): 8:17am On Aug 02, 2017
Monopoly...Dangote should pls reduce the price of cement

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by Iseoluwani: 8:17am On Aug 02, 2017
I don't understand Pls I need it in layman language

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 02, 2017
This is the best time to invest in NSE. The market is rebounding
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by RMU: 8:21am On Aug 02, 2017
What will be the impact to the masses in the general market, will the prices of commodities increase or decrease?
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by Costello559(m): 8:24am On Aug 02, 2017
He makes this much gain... He should please reduce the amount in Nigeria biko... Guys wan build house.... Reducing the amount won't change his position as the richest black man...
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by speezyWears: 8:25am On Aug 02, 2017
well, the trade was an off market trade having no major impact on the price of the Dangote Cement stock. But it sure galvanized a rally towards the close of the market. I dont think there ever is a best or worst time to invest in stocks. Opportunities always abound..it just depends on who is looking. Over all, the NSE is thriving and will continue to in my opinion as the corporate governance in the Lagos bourse is quite impressive.
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by IgboticGirl(f): 8:29am On Aug 02, 2017
I need to buy shares somebody should help me
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 02, 2017
RMU:
What will be the impact to the masses in the general market, will the prices of commodities increase or decrease?
Commodities will neither increase nor decrease, the only thing that will increase is dangotes pocket.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by speezyWears: 8:32am On Aug 02, 2017
RMU:

Well, if by the general masses you mean retail investors, I must say zero to no impact except you already have the Dangote Cement stocks prior to this time. Then you would be looking to sell to take your profits or hold for a longer term.

I would suggest you held the stocks if you have it. Because by my projections, it should go higher..
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by speezyWears: 8:34am On Aug 02, 2017
IgboticGirl:
I need to buy shares somebody should help me

Do you have a particular one in mind or you are looking for advise on bankable stock picks..?
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by ItsawrapOutfit: 8:38am On Aug 02, 2017
Recession is over
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by Sikay19(m): 8:44am On Aug 02, 2017
speezyWears:

Do you have a particular one in mind or you are looking for advise on bankable stock picks..?

Please, Am also interested
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:48am On Aug 02, 2017
Generalwoodz:

His rivals in the industry like Lafarge Wapco, ccnn, Ashaka should start price reduction.

As a matter of fact Dangote played a major role in making the prices of cement to crash in Nigeria, although he can still do better because he enjoys economies of scale in the industry and the continent.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2017
speezyWears:

Guinness, Lafarge, Dangote cement, Friesland Wamco, Cscs, NASCON,Zenith, UBA, APR, Dangote Flour, Dangote Sugar, Flour mills etc
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by Generalwoodz(m): 8:52am On Aug 02, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

His rivals in the industry like Lafarge Wapco, ccnn, Ashaka should start price reduction.

As a matter of fact Dangote played a major role in making the prices of cement to crash in Nigeria, although he can still do better because he enjoys economies of scale in the industry and the continent.
I want to build my house and I can't cos of the price of cement.Dangote should crash the price abegi
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:53am On Aug 02, 2017
Costello559:
He makes this much gain... He should please reduce the amount in Nigeria biko... Guys wan build house.... Reducing the amount won't change his position as the richest black man...

He only sold about 2.5% of his shares in the company to foreign investors through cross deals for a whooping N86 billion.
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by So4baba(m): 8:56am On Aug 02, 2017
The dangote cement plc has reduced cement price today... Kudos to our Amiable president, Alhaji Aliko Dangote
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by 400billionman: 9:12am On Aug 02, 2017
RMU:

The impact is that some of us who purchased shares in 2008 before the market collapsed will soon smile to the bank. lol..

Anyway, once a nation's stock market starts increasing in value and volume of trade, it signifies that in few months, the economy of the country will improve. So 2018 will be a surplus year.

There is a paragraph which stated that Dangote sold off 2.3% stake or N86bn or $236m worth of Dangote shares to foreign investors.

When money comes into the country's stock market from outside, there will soon be excess to spend. The news has already hit foreign media that Nigeria's market is the best performing in the world in July 2017.

There are many people in the world looking for where to put their money. So expect many more investors to rush the market before December 2017.This is what we call positive market sentiments.

Now if the leader of a country makes a negative comment about his economy, its enough to scare foreign capital away.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by 400billionman: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2017
So4baba:
The dangote cement plc has reduced cement price today... Kudos to our Amiable president, Alhaji Aliko Dangote

To what price ?
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by 400billionman: 9:20am On Aug 02, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Are you a cement dealer ?

Dangote is the one hiking the price of cement.

If he ever reduces it, its when he finds out, his operational cost is very very low or competition is selling cheaper or to drive demand when volume of trade is low.
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by fran6co(m): 9:20am On Aug 02, 2017
speezyWears:

I want to buy too. infact am new to it can u help to navigate us around
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by unseriousstud: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2017
Generalwoodz:
There re about 3 other cement company in nigeria
His z d cheapest

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by JikanBaura(m): 9:29am On Aug 02, 2017
DANGOTE na because we Kebbi state farmers refused to sell our hectare of land for 100K na the reason you abandoned your sugar plant. Okay undecided Come carry pack you KayA you left and again don't come back cry

Someone should send this message for him Thief undecided
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by Mup4life: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2017
So4baba:
To what price pls?
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by speezyWears: 10:02am On Aug 02, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Guinness, Lafarge, Dangote cement, Friesland Wamco, Cscs, NASCON,Zenith, UBA, APR, Dangote Flour, Dangote Sugar, Flour mills etc

contact me on ayospeezy@gmail.com
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by speezyWears: 10:03am On Aug 02, 2017
fran6co:

I want to buy too. infact am new to it can u help to navigate us around

yes I can show you around... ayospeezy@gmail.com
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by wildchild02: 10:08am On Aug 02, 2017
Good for them

Check my signature to order your latest club/country football jerseys
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by yinka2011: 10:54am On Aug 02, 2017
speezyWears:

for these kind of things, just keep calm and head to the easykobo finance website.

thank me later.
Re: Dangote Cement Trades 418m Shares As Stock Market Rebounds With 2.43% by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:51am On Aug 02, 2017
400billionman:

Are you a cement dealer ?

Dangote is the one hiking the price of cement.

If he ever reduces it, its when he finds out, his operational cost is very very low or competition is selling cheaper or to drive demand when volume of trade is low.

His rivals have the liberty to reduce their prices in order to increase their market share.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( / FBN Merchant Bank Teams Up With Oxford Group To Publish 2017 Report On Nigeria / Make Money On Fiverr Daily Without A Skill Or A Gig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.