Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,661 members, 7,840,623 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (7729 Views)

Heart Touching Post On Ex President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's Facebook Wall / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Shakes Prof. Yemi Osinbajo At The RCCG Holyghostservice / 8 Failures And 11 Accomplishments Of The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by ChinenyeN(m): 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
OYB_MEND, So Ogba and Ogbia are not the same people?
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by Dede1(m): 1:43am On Feb 12, 2010
Ogba is in Egbema of the Rivers State and witnessed the massacre of civilians by the 15th Brigade of 3MCDO under the command of Major Olu Makanjuola during Nigeria/Biafra civil war.

Omoku is in Ahoada of the River State and the son of the community was the first Secretary-General of Ohaneze Ndigbo.

Ogbia is a community in Bayelsa and mixture of Ijo and Ekpeye. Ekpeye speaks a dialect of Igbo just like Etche, Ikwere, Ngwa, Wawa, Uratta, Abriba, Ukwa etc
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by OYBMEND: 2:02am On Feb 12, 2010
Thanks Dede1 I made this clear earlier and did not think I needed any new response
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by ChinenyeN(m): 4:09am On Feb 12, 2010
So then why are people saying Jonathan is Ogba, and then saying that he is Ogbia? I just want to be clear on which one he is.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by OYBMEND: 4:37am On Feb 12, 2010
ChinenyeN:

So then why are people saying Jonathan is Ogba, and then saying that he is Ogbia? I just want to be clear on which one he is.

You may never be clear on this issue. Just know that he is a Nigerian and thats what matters most.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by ChinenyeN(m): 4:58am On Feb 12, 2010
I don't really think I'm interested in "what matters most", but it's alright. Maybe I'll get it clarified sometime in the future.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by obiem(m): 11:12am On Feb 12, 2010
Well @ dis point, i don't even know what to believe, some say 'ebele' in ijaw is the name of a specie of fish while some say it's ebele not ebere. But i know that ebele and ebele are igbo names of different igbo dialects, some call it ebele while some ebere.

All the same tanx guys for the insight.

Long live AG PRESIDENT EBELE JONATHAN!
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by Theface200: 9:44am On Feb 19, 2010
oyb  are you saying Jonathan is not an ijaw man , ? that is an Ekpeye man,
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by ebeledi(m): 1:03am On Feb 20, 2010
undecided
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by RichyBlacK(m): 2:01am On Feb 20, 2010
I blame Gowon for making some people mistrust their own ancestry. The creation of the artificial state of "Rivers" State just before the war had many sinister elements, but one side effect has been ethnic identity crisis.

The Igbo language is quite diverse, and the many dialects sound very differently from Nsukka to Owerri. The Igbos that found themselves in Rivers State were conditioned to distance themselves from their Igbo identity during and especially after the war, despite speaking the language. It seemed the conditioning period did not give enough time to reinvent a new language - if that was possible, these confused people would have done so.

Anyway, nobody can mistake a tortoise for a grasshopper, no matter how loud the tortoise cries "I'm a grasshopper!".
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by DeepSoul(f): 2:21am On Feb 20, 2010
Goodluck is an Ogbia man from Bayelsa State.

Ogbia and Ogba, despite the similarity in spelling, are two entirely different places.

Ogba is in Rivers State and they speak a language similar to the igbo language.

Regarding the name Ebele, it is not exclusive to the Igbos only.

The people from the Riverine area bear such names as "Obele" and "Ebele".

The pronounciation is different from that of the Igbos.

Goodluck Jonathan is not in any way an Igbo man.

We the ijaws are not in any way similar to the Igbos.

Case closed!

~Proudly Ijaw~
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by RichyBlacK(m): 2:31am On Feb 20, 2010
Deep Soul:

Goodluck is an Ogbia man from Bayelsa State.

Ogbia and Ogba, despite the similarity in spelling, are two entirely different places.

Ogba is in Rivers State and they speak a language similar to the igbo language.

Regarding the name Ebele, it is not exclusive to the Igbos only.

The people from the Riverine area bear such names as "Obele" and "Ebele".

The pronounciation is different from that of the Igbos.

Goodluck Jonathan is not in any way an Igbo man.

We the ijaws are not in any way similar to the Igbos.

Case closed!

~Proudly Ijaw~

Okay, if it's just coincidence that the words are similar (e.g., there are many words with similar spellings in Yoruba and Igbo but their meanings are clearly different), then it will be a more incredible coincidence if their meanings are the same.

So, can you tell us the meaning of the name "Ebele" in Ijaw? Thank you.
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by EzeCanada: 5:19am On Feb 20, 2010
Naija people, I get one question for una

" Carry goat give yam and carry yam give goat, watin be the difference?

visit the link below you go get the answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogbia
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by Theface200: 5:55am On Feb 20, 2010
Deep Soul you did not answer the question. What do you mean ogbia. ogbia is a local govt too. His he ijaw or Ekpeye. i want to know, they are two different people. Answer my question. I know there are ijaw in ogbia and I never knew there were Ekpeye in ogbia. is there Ekpeye in ogbia?
Re: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 8:53am On Feb 20, 2010
Theface200:

Deep Soul you did not answer the question. What do you mean ogbia. ogbia is a local govt too. His he ijaw or Ekpeye. i want to know, they are two different people. Answer my question. I know there are ijaw in ogbia and I never knew there were Ekpeye in ogbia. is there Ekpeye in ogbia?

i want to guess he is probably ijaw since ekpeye is minority in ogbia.however the igbo name he bears is from his dad and is fully ebelechukwu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) / #ondodecides2016: PDP Substantive Appeal Hearing Day 1 / Atiku Reveals How To Tackle Insecurity, Ailing Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.