Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) (7706 Views)

Buhari Orders Takeover Of Nigerian Airspace From Ghana / Yes, Nigeria’s Total Debt Is $63.7 Billion ,1960 Till Date…okonjo-iweala Admits / YES, Nigeria Is 54: Time For Sober Reflection. Is It Islam Or Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 11:02am On Sep 24, 2014
I WAS READING ONE THREAD YESTERDAY.TITLED ISRAEL SHOOTS DOWN SYRIAN AIRCRAFT HOVERING AROUND THEIR AIRSPACE. AS I WAS SCROLLIN TO COMMENTS, I CAME ACROSS ONE GUY ASKING WETHER IF AN AIRCRAFT SHOULD BE FOUND IN NIGERIAS AIRSPACE , WHAT WILL WE USE TO SHOOT IT DOWN?HE WENT FURTHER TO ASK WETHER IT IS CATAPULT. AS IF THAT WASNT ENOUGH, ONE OTHER HUMANBEING STARTED SAYING THAT CHAD KENYA S A OR EGYPT CAN EASILY INVADE NIGERIA WITHOUT ANY INTERVENTION CLAIMING THEY HAVE BETTER SPACE DEFENCE ARSENAL THAN NIGERIA.
XO I TOOK AS AN ASSIGNMENT TO DO RESEARCHES AND I CAME UP WITH THESE PROBABLY TO PROVE DOUBTERS WRONG.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
LAST TIME I CHECKED.THESE WEAPONS ARE IN GOOD SHAPE AND CAN BRING DOWN ANY AIRCRAFT WITHIN ITS RADIUS.
1)23 4 SHILKA
2)MISSILE VEHICLE
3)WHEELED SELF PROPELLED SELF SURFACE TO AIR MISSLE
4)SURFACE TO AIR LONG RANGE MISSILE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 11:09am On Sep 24, 2014
ATTACK JETS AND HELICOPTERS.
5)
6)F7 S AIRGUARD

3 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Raiders: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: I WAS READING ONE THREAD YESTERDAY.TITLED ISRAEL SHOOTS DOWN SYRIAN AIRCRAFT HOVERING AROUND THEIR AIRSPACE. AS I WAS SCROLLIN TO COMMENTS, I CAME ACROSS ONE GUY ASKING WETHER IF AN AIRCRAFT SHOULD BE FOUND IN NIGERIAS AIRSPACE , WHAT WILL WE USE TO SHOOT IT DOWN?HE WENT FURTHER TO ASK WETHER IT IS CATAPULT. AS IF THAT WASNT ENOUGH, ONE OTHER HUMANBEING STARTED SAYING THAT CHAD KENYA S A OR EGYPT CAN EASILY INVADE NIGERIA WITHOUT ANY INTERVENTION CLAIMING THEY HAVE BETTER SPACE DEFENCE ARSENAL THAN NIGERIA.
XO I TOOK AS AN ASSIGNMENT TO DO RESEARCHES AND I CAME UP WITH THESE PROBABLY TO PROVE DOUBTERS WRONG.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
LAST TIME I CHECKED.THESE WEAPONS ARE IN GOOD SHAPE AND CAN BRING DOWN ANY AIRCRAFT WITHIN ITS RADIUS.
1)23 4 SHILKA
2)MISSILE VEHICLE
3)WHEELED SELF PROPELLED SELF SURFACE TO AIR MISSLE
4)SURFACE TO AIR LONG RANGE MISSILE
which air space are you talking about? Nigeria is a country that cant protect itself from ragtag boko haram. A country where 200 girls were kidnapped and are still missing. Nigeria army is weak and cant protect its borders from invasion from a strong army like Isreal, Egypt and some African countries

12 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 11:17am On Sep 24, 2014
MORE PICS..FROM RESERCHES.SOME PPL NEED TO LEAVE THEIR MAMA KITCHEN AND EXPLORE.

7 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by AZeD1(m): 11:18am On Sep 24, 2014
OP you have no idea of what you are talking about.

I don't even think we've achieved total radar coverage.

5 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2014
LASTLY OUR DEFENCE HQ(@ THE LAST)

4 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by madmadu(m): 11:24am On Sep 24, 2014
dnt mean 2 intrude o, bt most of dese vehicles ar nt Nigerian....

3 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Samueldo(m): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: which air space are you talking about? Nigeria is a country that cant protect itself from ragtag boko haram. A country where 200 girls were kidnapped and are still missing. Nigeria army is weak and cant protect its borders from invasion from a strong army like Isreal, Egypt and some African countries

Please note. We might not have what it take to defend our airspace but don't under estimates our land troops and land arsenals. The boko war isn't conventional, the enemies are nigerians, live within the civilian for six years. Let them come out in an open war and see if they can last for one week. The NA is trying why can't we praise and surport them one's

17 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 11:30am On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: which air space are you talking about? Nigeria is a country that cant protect itself from ragtag boko haram. A country where 200 girls were kidnapped and are still missing. Nigeria army is weak and cant protect its borders from invasion from a strong army like Isreal, Egypt and some African countries
IS IT EGYPT THAT CANT PROTECT ITSELF FROM MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD,.POLITICAL CRISES.DONT MENTION ISRAEL COS THEY MUCH OLDER THAN US.U CANT COMPARE 10 YEARS OLD BOY TO 40 YEARS.OLD MAN.WHY NOT DO RESERCHES?
EGYPT CAN NEVER EVER BE A MATCH TO NIGERIAS MILITARY.THE PRBLM OF BOKO HARAM COULD HAVE BEEN A THING OF THE PAST IF NOT FOR MOLES,SYMPATHIZERS AND POLITICS.LASTLY .LAST TIME I CHECKED BOKO HARAM WILL SOON PASS.

4 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2014
AZeD1: OP you have no idea of what you are talking about.

I don't even think we've achieved total radar coverage.
APART FROM SOME FEW EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.HOW MANY AFRICAN COUNTRIES.HAS RADAR COVERAGE TAKING INTO COGNISANCE THAT NIGERIA IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST COUNTRY BY SIZE.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by omenka(m): 11:42am On Sep 24, 2014
madmadu: dnt mean 2 intrude o, bt most of dese vehicles ar nt Nigerian....
Took this out of my mind. Anyone without the colours of the Nigerian flag on the tail or elsewhere isn't Nigeria's.

4 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 11:42am On Sep 24, 2014
Samueldo:

Please note. We might not have what it take to defend our airspace but don't understimates our land troops and land arsenals. The boko war isn't conventional, the enymies are nigerians, live within the civilian for six years. Let them come out in an open war and see if they can last for one week. The NA is trying why can't we praise and surport them one's
GOD BLESS U.DONT MIND PPL WHO LOOK FOR SLIGHTEST OPPORTUNITY TO CRITICIZE

6 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Raiders: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: IS IT EGYPT THAT CANT PROTECT ITSELF FROM MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD,.POLITICAL CRISES.DONT MENTION ISRAEL COS THEY MUCH OLDER THAN US.U CANT COMPARE 10 YEARS OLD BOY TO 40 YEARS.OLD MAN.WHY NOT DO RESERCHES?
EGYPT CAN NEVER EVER BE A MATCH TO NIGERIAS MILITARY.THE PRBLM OF BOKO HARAM COULD HAVE BEEN A THING OF THE PAST IF NOT FOR MOLES,SYMPATHIZERS AND POLITICS.LASTLY .LAST TIME I CHECKED BOKO HARAM WILL SOON PASS.
I guess you are supporting the Nigeria army based on patriotism. The boko haram problem has been going on for over 5 years now. The Egyptian Army is the strongest in Africa. They have a better train army and better weapons than Nigeria. The Nigeria army is not as strong as it used to be since Obasanjo came into power in 99. I still think our army is not as strong to protect Nigeria from invasion from a strong army. we still have a long way to go and this boko haram insurgency proved that our army is weak

4 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: Took this out of my mind. Anyone without the colours of the Nigerian flag on the tail or elsewhere isn't Nigeria's.
DOES IT MEAN EVERY THING MUST BE PAINTED THE NIGERIAN FLAG IN OTHER TO BE NIGERIAN.? GO OUT AND SEE FOR URSELF OR BETTER STILL GOOGLE.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by omenka(m): 11:51am On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: DOES IT MEAN EVERY THING MUST BE PAINTED THE NIGERIAN FLAG IN OTHER TO BE NIGERIAN.? GO OUT AND SEE FOR URSELF OR BETTER STILL GOOGLE.
Where in my post did you see that
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 11:51am On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: I guess you are supporting the Nigeria army based on patriotism. The boko haram problem has been going on for over 5 years now. The Egyptian Army is the strongest in Africa. They have a better train army and better weapons than Nigeria. The Nigeria army is not as strong as it used to be since Obasanjo came into power in 99. I still think our army is not as strong to protect Nigeria from invasion from a strong army. we still have a long way to go and this boko haram insurgency proved that our army is weak
DO U WANT TO TELL ME COUNTRIS LYK SYRIA IRAQ AFGHAN PAKISTAN UKRAIN RUSSIA ETC DONT HAVE GOOD EQUIPMENTS AND ARSENALS .BUT WHY DO THESE COUNTRIES BEEN RAVAGED WITH REBELS, TERRORISTS, AND INSURGENTS.HOW MANY YEARS HAVE THE US TROOPS BEING FIGHTING ISIS BUT STILL THEY RE THEIR IN IRAQ.EGYPT SHOULD PRAY THAT LET THEM BOT EXPERIENCE BETTER TERRORISM.THEY WONT EVEN CONTAIN IT AS NIGERIA HAS CONTAINED BOKO HARAM.

2 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Raiders: 11:52am On Sep 24, 2014
Samueldo:

Please note. We might not have what it take to defend our airspace but don't understimates our land troops and land arsenals. The boko war isn't conventional, the enymies are nigerians, live within the civilian for six years. Let them come out in an open war and see if they can last for one week. The NA is trying why can't we praise and surport them one's
Most modern wars are not conventional
A strong army should be able to protect its country from both domestic and foreign invasion. The Nigeria army failed woefully in this boko haram crisis. They should have done a better job to protect the lives and properties of Nigerians. I still think the Nigeria army still needs to improve.

2 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: Most modern wars are not conventional
A strong army should be able to protect its country from both domestic and foreign invasion. The Nigeria army failed woefully in this boko haram crisis. They should have done a better job to protect the lives and properties of Nigerians. I still think the Nigeria army still needs to improve.
READ MY REPLY TO RAIDERS ABOVE U
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Raiders: 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: DO U WANT TO TELL ME COUNTRIS LYK SYRIA IRAQ AFGHAN PAKISTAN UKRAIN RUSSIA ETC DONT HAVE GOOD EQUIPMENTS AND ARSENALS .BUT WHY DO THESE COUNTRIES BEEN RAVAGED WITH REBELS, TERRORISTS, AND INSURGENTS.HOW MANY YEARS HAVE THE US TROOPS BEING FIGHTING ISIS BUT STILL THEY RE THEIR IN IRAQ.EGYPT SHOULD PRAY THAT LET THEM BOT EXPERIENCE BETTER TERRORISM.THEY WONT EVEN CONTAIN IT AS NIGERIA HAS CONTAINED BOKO HARAM.
you cant compare groups like Isis with rag tag illiterate boko haram. I highly doubt our army can fight organized terrorists groups like ISIS.Egypt do have problem with islamic groups but their army has been able to keep them under check. Also I don't agree with you that the army has been able to contain boko haram because its been over 6 years and they have failed to completely destroy boko haram. Anyway, I still don't think Nigeria army can protect our border from invasion from strong Africa countries like Egypt

3 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by barthchuks(m): 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
hmm
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Soneh(m): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
sorry, but all I see are aircrafts used in conveying politicians to political rallies

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: you cant compare groups like Isis with rag tag illiterate boko haram. I highly doubt our army can fight organized terrorists groups like ISIS.Egypt do have problem with islamic groups but their army has been able to keep them under check. Also I don't agree with you that the army has been able to contain boko haram because its been over 6 years and they have failed to completely destroy boko haram. Anyway, I still don't think Nigeria army can protect our border from invasion from strong Africa countries like Egypt
THEN MIGRATE TO EGYPT..

2 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Soneh: sorry, but all I see are aircrafts used in conveying politicians to political rallies
HAV U SEEN MILITARY AIRCRAFT CONVEYING POLITICIANS APART FROM THE C IN C BEFORE?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
barthchuks: hmm
U DONT BOOK SPACE IN MY THREAD. embarassed
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
HaHaHaHaHaHaHa. Sir pls leave your pc/tablet fake pics and go seek for credible info
1 those planes you showed Alpha jet is light attack jet(73's) manufacture by france/Germany the have obsolete(dump)ordinance & outed dated avionics. Last action was by 466 alpha jet still missing along sides its pilots her sister crashed in Niger remaining are domicile
2 1970 Nig Acquired lockheed c130(6) only 1 is flyable today
3 You Cant use mi 24 or the New mi 30 to defend your airspace boy
4 984 18 SEPECAT Jaguar fighters (13 Jaguar SNs & 5 Jaguar BNs) were delivered and operated from Makurdi. They were retired in 1991
5 On March 22, 2011,A Chinese-made F7 fighter crashed near Kano Airport. The pilot died in the crash and . So far all three of the F7 trainers have crashed and been written off.Chengdu F-7
6 zsu 23-4 aka shilka developed in the early 1960s and designed to fight primarily tactical aircraft and helicopter
7 we have few air defence capabilities like rowland ADM it is short range obsolete system
Finally we should go for 4+ jets from Germany/russia. Then some pieces of
1Pantsir-S1
2s300/400
3 patriot missiles
4 Buk system old but effective it was use to shot down the malaysian jet in ukraine
5German MEADS Medium Extended Air Defense System
6 Iranian Mersad air defence system
UK's Rapier air defence system
Russia's S-500 air defense system
7Chinese PLA SAM
8French Crotale air defence
If you want pics I will post

7 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: Took this out of my mind. Anyone without the colours of the Nigerian flag on the tail or elsewhere isn't Nigeria's.
His pics are fake. I was expecting him to visit military facilities to get pics not some useless lies on net

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by lonelydora: 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
@op, God bless u. Even if things are going bad, I still believe in Nigeria. If not for politics BH is no match for Nigeria military. The day Army moved weapons to my village (Goodluck Jonathan barracks,Ohafia), that was the day I began to respect Nigerian army.

2 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by zicky(m): 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: you cant compare groups like Isis with rag tag illiterate boko haram. I highly doubt our army can fight organized terrorists groups like ISIS.Egypt do have problem with islamic groups but their army has been able to keep them under check. Also I don't agree with you that the army has been able to contain boko haram because its been over 6 years and they have failed to completely destroy boko haram. Anyway, I still don't think Nigeria army can protect our border from invasion from strong Africa countries like Egypt
what give you the impression that boko haram group is made up of rag tag illiterate and ISIS educated and organize. If you dnt know all terrorist group foot soldiers are ignorant illiterate dats why they can be easily deceived by their leaders. What I know is that boko haram intelligence and method of attack is as good as any terrorist group in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ibnsultan: HaHaHaHaHaHaHa. Sir pls leave your pc/tablet fake pics and go seek for credible info
1 those planes you showed Alpha jet is light attack jet(73's) manufacture by france/Germany the have obsolete(dump)ordinance & outed dated avionics. Last action was by 466 alpha jet still missing along sides its pilots her sister crashed in Niger remaining are domicile
2 1970 Nig Acquired lockheed c130(6) only 1 is flyable today
3 You Cant use mi 24 or the New mi 30 to defend your airspace boy
4 984 18 SEPECAT Jaguar fighters (13 Jaguar SNs & 5 Jaguar BNs) were delivered and operated from Makurdi. They were retired in 1991
5 On March 22, 2011,A Chinese-made F7 fighter crashed near Kano Airport. The pilot died in the crash and . So far all three of the F7 trainers have crashed and been written off.Chengdu F-7
6 zsu 23-4 aka shilka developed in the early 1960s and designed to fight primarily tactical aircraft and helicopter
7 we have few air defence capabilities like rowland ADM it is short range obsolete system
Finally we should go for 4+ jets from Germany/russia. Then some pieces of
1Pantsir-S1
2s300/400
3 patriot missiles
4 Buk system old but effective it was use to shot down the malaysian jet in ukraine
5German MEADS Medium Extended Air Defense System
6 Iranian Mersad air defence system
UK's Rapier air defence system
Russia's S-500 air defense system
7Chinese PLA SAM
8French Crotale air defence
If you want pics I will post

PIX WILL BE APPRECIABLE PLS.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 12:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ibnsultan: His pics are fake. I was expecting him to visit military facilities to get pics not some useless lies on net
DONT U HAV LEGS? DO U TINK ANYPESON CAN JUST WALK INTO MILITARY FACILITIES AND START TAKIN PIX? EVEN JOURNALISTS SOMETYMS ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR SECURTY.REASONS.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Samueldo(m): 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
Check this out as at 2010

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by phlemzy: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
They all look good and attractive. When Nigeria has all this and insurgents still try to take us for granted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Assembly Scanners, Others Break Down / COVID-19:My Fellow Nairalanders, See What I Received From USA Govt.PHOTOS / Dear Igbo Man, Anytime You Are Insulted, Just Show This Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.