Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC (18939 Views)

Frsc Reintroduces Fines For Old Number Plates / LASTMA Traffic Fines Lists / Nigeria Customs Gives Deadline For Payment Of Import Duty On All Smuggled Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by autojosh: 11:38am On Aug 02, 2017
PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT OF FINES BY TRAFFIC VIOLATORS
Where the offender elects to pay the prescribed fines, the following processes shall apply:-

STEP 1
A payer may elect to make payment through any of the commercial banks in Nigeria or through an electronic medium. The payment gateway shall be REMITA Platform accessible on www.remita.net

STEP 2
When the REMITA page opens, the payer shall go to “pay a Federal Government Agency” and click on it. This takes him/her to a page where he/she shall complete the mandatory payment fields required, including:
a. Name of MDA: Type ‘FRSC’ and ‘Federal Road Safety Commission’ will pop up then click on it.
b. Name of Service/Purpose: Click on the drop-down and select OFFENCE.
c. Notice of Offence Sheet will automatically appear where the applicable offence can be selected and the amount automatically appears in the space provided for amount payable.
d. Type the offence ticket number in the space provided
e. Type in: The Drivers Licence Number, Sector, Unit, Vehicle Registration Number, Vehicle Colour and Vehicle Make if available
f. Type the Name of the payer
g. Email and Phone Number of the payer are optional
h. Key in the dynamic characters that is displayed immediately after the payer’s phone number and finally click on proceed to payment button, then the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) will automatically be generated. This is required to complete the payment process through any of the following means:
i. Tendering the RRR to any bank branch
ii. Using internet banking
iii. Using ATM cards on Remita POS.
iv. Remita platform for registered users etc

STEP 3
The Payer proceeds to the Command where the offence ticket was issued with the evidence of payment.

STEP 4
He/She goes to the Duty Room to present the evidence of payment and original copy of Notice of Offence Sheet or printout slip

STEP 5
The Duty Room Officer directs the Offender to the Public Enlightenment Office (PEO) for attitude changing enlightenment session which shall be between 30 minutes to 1 hour.

STEP 6
The PEO thereafter clears the offender. (The enlightenment session may come before or after payment).

STEP 7
The Duty Room Officer or Accountant collects the evidence of enlightenment and releases confiscated papers and or key of the vehicle/motorcycle if impounded.

STEP 8
Where a vehicle had been impounded, Duty Room Officer issues Gate Pass to the Offender which he/she shall present to the staff on Guard Duty.

STEP 9
Staff on Guard collects and verifies the Gate Pass for documentation after which he/she allows the offender and the vehicle out of the premises if found authentic.

NOTE:
a. A vehicle may be impounded when:
i. The driver is adjudged to be under the influence of drugs or other intoxicating substances.
ii. The driver is driving a mechanically deficient vehicle.
iii. The driver is without a driver’s licence or original vehicle papers or if in possession of photocopies of vehicle papers reasonably suspected to have been altered at the time of arrest.
iv. Dangerous driving offence is committed
v. The driver is under-aged
vi. The vehicle is suspected to be stolen

I am sure after reading all this, no one will want to commit any driving offence.

https://autojosh.com/9-steps-payment-fines-traffic-violators-frsc/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by veekid(m): 12:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
Is Buhari baq?
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by Klamour: 12:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
They should just operate with POS so that people can pay instantly and move with their licenses and documents. Meanwhile, these instructions are not for the "Ogas at the top" that flout traffic rules with reckless abandon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by coalcoal1(m): 12:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
ok
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by donqx: 12:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by Samuel1106(m): 12:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
Someone below me could have something to contribute.
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by Ladiesdream: 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Step 10: Always move around with your ATM

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by alphaconde(m): 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
all this one go happen if i wait abi?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
Where the offender elects to pay the prescribed fines, the following processes shall apply:-

STEP 1
A payer may elect to make payment through any of the commercial banks in Nigeria or through an electronic medium. The payment gateway shall be REMITA Platform accessible on www.remita.net

STEP 2
When the REMITA page opens, the payer shall go to “pay a Federal Government Agency” and click on it. This takes him/her to a page where he/she shall complete the mandatory payment fields required, including:
a. Name of MDA: Type ‘FRSC’ and ‘Federal Road Safety Commission’ will pop up then click on it.
c. Notice of Offence Sheet will automatically appear where the applicable offence can be selected and the amount automatically appears in the space provided for amount payable.
e. Type in: The Drivers Licence Number, Sector, Unit, Vehicle Registration Number, Vehicle Colour and Vehicle Make if available
h. Key in the dynamic characters that is displayed immediately after the payer’s phone number and finally click on proceed to payment button, then the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) will automatically be generated. This is required to complete the payment process through any of the following means:

STEP 3
The Payer proceeds to the Command where the offence ticket was issued with the evidence of payment.

STEP 4
He/She goes to the Duty Room to present the evidence of payment and original copy of Notice of Offence Sheet or printout slip

STEP 5
The Duty Room Officer directs the Offender to the Public Enlightenment Office (PEO) for attitude changing enlightenment session which shall be between 30 minutes to 1 hour.

STEP 6
The PEO thereafter clears the offender. (The enlightenment session may come before or after payment).

STEP 7
The Duty Room Officer or Accountant collects the evidence of enlightenment and releases confiscated papers and or key of the vehicle/motorcycle if impounded.

STEP 8
Where a vehicle had been impounded, Duty Room Officer issues Gate Pass to the Offender which he/she shall present to the staff on Guard Duty.

STEP 9
Staff on Guard collects and verifies the Gate Pass for documentation after which he/she allows the offender and the vehicle out of the premises if found authentic.

NOTE:
i. The driver is adjudged to be under the influence of drugs or other intoxicating substances.
iii. The driver is without a driver’s licence or original vehicle papers or if in possession of photocopies of vehicle papers reasonably suspected to have been altered at the time of arrest.

All these just to pay traffic fine. We get problem for this country.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by nedu2000(m): 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
FRSC is now know as revenue collectors covered by the guise that they are ensuring safety. They are more of a menace.
Before Chiodoka(now governorship aspirant anambra state) FRSC actually offered service/advice to motorists.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by Geonigga(m): 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
Road safety always preying on their victim.

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by MadCow1: 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
More nonsense from a FG parastatal..

STEP 3:: This is where the problem lies.

If I were driving overseas and commit a certain type of offence where my vehicle isn't impounded, what applies is that the Officer issues a ticket, enters my record into their Database and sends me on my way. Now all I have to do is go pay the fine or contest it in court. Once I pay the fine, that record is cleared.

Here is why i say it's nonsense. Imagine you are doing a commute from Lagos to Port-Harcourt which essentially takes you through (Lagos - Ogun- Edo - Delta - Anambra - Imo - Rivers or Bayelsa depending on which route you use), and you get a ticket in Edo. That means after paying your fine upon arrival in Rivers State, you would have to go back to Edo State to clear yourself. Then what is the point of the "FEDERAL" in their name.

Remember that the Federal Road Safety issued the Drivers License we all use to drive (which they have changed quite a number of times in the name of creating a Database). Also the same Federal Road Safety issued all the License Plates on our vehicles which they again just changed in the name of creating a national Database. Why has their systems not been fully automated? Why should a person have to go back to the command where the ticket was issued especially if you were only passing through? What then is that Data base for if I have to go back to the issuing command to resolve a ticket issue? If I don't have to go to the state where I bought my DSTV to pay my subscription or go to the State where I bought my phone SIM Card to recharge or resolve an issue, what excuse does the Federal Road Safety have for this foolishness?

These are the loopholes they leave for corruption to thrive. So if you have your original licence with you and it gets seized by one command, just drive off and use your photocopy to keep driving as they will almost never know as long as you don't commit any other offence. THEY HAVE NO MEANS OF KNOWING IF ANY DRIVER OR VEHICLE HAS AN OUTSTANDING INFRACTION AGAINST IT.

Again... 2019 is around the corner.. Not too young to rule. Time for a Change. This Time, a Change in Mentality of Rulers. These old fools can't keep up with Today's technological advancements and it's time for them to go.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by AmandaLuv(f): 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
Road safety and their wahala everyday

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by Bimpe29: 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
Klamour:
They should just operate with POS so that people can pay instantly and move with their licenses and documents. Meanwhile, these instructions are not for the "Ogas at the top" that flout traffic rules with reckless abandon.
They did before until the advent of TSA.
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by wagazala: 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
So are they saying i must always have my originals in the car?
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by potent5(m): 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
Security and Regulatory Agencies are part of the problem with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by liquidsnake: 1:51pm On Aug 02, 2017

NOTE:

So if the vehicle was impounded due to mechanical deficiencies, does it get repaired before release? Or they released it with the mechanical deficiencies only to impound it again for mechanical deficiencies? undecided

And what is this 30min to 1 hour "enlightenment" talk? Want to waste my time after collecting my money That's very harsh man. embarassed cry

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by ayanbaba2(m): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
SMH!
!
The driver is adjudged to be under the influence of drugs or other intoxicating substances...
!

Hope laboratory scientist will be on ground to confirm this offence... or na ordinary eyes and nose they will use to know(guess) that the driver is drunk!

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by initiate: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
unfortunately for you Ambode has chased you out of town. bloody leeches. no contribution at all to the country, just milking people illegally

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by critic9ja: 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
MadCow1:

If I were driving overseas and commit a certain type of offence where my vehicle isn't impounded, what applies is that the Officer issues a ticket, enters my record into their Database and sends me on my way. Now all I have to do is go pay the fine or contest it in court. Once I pay the fine, that record is cleared.

Here is why i say it's nonsense. Imagine you are doing a commute from Lagos to Port-Harcourt which essentially takes you through (Lagos - Ogun- Edo - Delta - Anambra - Imo - Rivers or Bayelsa depending on which route you use), and you get a ticket in Edo. That means after paying your fine upon arrival in Rivers State, you would have to go back to Edo State to clear yourself. Then what is the point of the "FEDERAL" in their name.

Remember that the Federal Road Safety issued the Drivers License we all use to drive (which they have changed quite a number of times in the name of creating a Database). Also the same Federal Road Safety issued all the License Plates on our vehicles which they again just changed in the name of creating a national Database. Why has their systems not been fully automated? Why should a person have to go back to the command where the ticket was issued especially if you were only passing through? What then is that Data base for if I have to go back to the issuing command to resolve a ticket issue? If I don't have to go to the state where I bought my DSTV to pay my subscription or go to the State where I bought my phone SIM Card to recharge or resolve an issue, what excuse does the Federal Road Safety have for this foolishness?

These are the loopholes they leave for corruption to thrive. So if you have your original licence with you and it gets seized by one command, just drive off and use your photocopy to keep driving as they will almost never know as long as you don't commit any other offence. THEY HAVE NO MEANS OF KNOWING IF ANY DRIVER OR VEHICLE HAS AN OUTSTANDING INFRACTION AGAINST IT.

Again... 2019 is around the corner.. Not too young to rule. Time for a Change. This Time, a Change in Mentality of Rulers. These old fools can't keep up with Today's technological advancements and it's time for them to go.
thank you, God bless you for this wonderful piece
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by ojibole(m): 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
If FRSC hold you...you go know say police na your friend. The other day I paid 8k to those basrards....God punish buhari and Nigeria as a whole

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by Newbiee: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
Rogger guys. More doors are opened
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by DeKen: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
MadCow1:

Please create a thread with the full post so that it can be pushed to the front page. Maybe it will get the attention of those that matter. It is too bad that one has to take so much pain/stress for some little infraction just because of a faulty system.
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by Dean13(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
autojosh:

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

STEP 4

STEP 5

STEP 6

STEP 7

STEP 8

STEP 9

NOTE:

I am sure after reading all this, no one will want to commit any driving offence.

https://autojosh.com/9-steps-payment-fines-traffic-violators-frsc/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by EagleScribes: 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
We are in a sham of a country. And we are told that Nigeria is a developing country. This one that I know is underdeveloped
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by icedfire(m): 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
DeKen:

Please create a thread with the full post so that it can be pushed to the front page. Maybe it will get the attention of those that matter. It is too bad that one has to take so much pain/stress for some little infraction just because of a faulty system.

And let him add this

liquidsnake:

So if the vehicle was impounded due to mechanical deficiencies, does it get repaired before release? Or they released it with the mechanical deficiencies only to impound it again for mechanical deficiencies? undecided

And what is this 30min to 1 hour "enlightenment" talk? Want to waste my time after collecting my money That's very harsh man. embarassed cry

And And

ayanbaba2:
SMH!
!
The driver is adjudged to be under the influence of drugs or other intoxicating substances...
!

Hope laboratory scientist will be on ground to confirm this offence... or na ordinary eyes and nose they will use to know(guess) that the driver is drunk!

Cc madcow1
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by abinchrist(m): 6:31am On Nov 03, 2017
PLEASE WHAT IS FRSC GIFMIS Code? It is needed in d remita process. thanks
Re: 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC by Olu12345: 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2017
Still can get this GIFMIS code

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inscriptions Found On Nigerian Vehicles / Most Common Reasons For Engine Oil Leakage In Cars / Fuel Scarcity: What Is The Situation, How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.