Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,447 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic (17648 Views)

9 Ondo House Members Dissociate Themselves From Impeachnent Of Agboola Ajayi / Junaid Mohammed: Amotekun Southwest’s Tribal Militia For Oduduwa Republic / Yorubas React To YOLICOM Call For ODUDUWA Republic (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by DerideGull(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
Okoyiboz3:
The heads on which coconut is broken never eats from that coconut.

The Biafrans are the persons who have the ill fate of coconuts being broken on their heads, that's not the destiny of Yorubas.

According to the Biafrans, GEJ fixed all the roads in the East and constructed the 2nd Niger Bridge. Now, the same roads they claim GEJ fixed are killing Biafrans daily. They planted the tree of deceit and must now eat the fruit of disappointment.

We Yorubas have some very important federal projects going on in the SW. When we reach an appreciable level, we'll discuss the future of this country. But for now, the task of Developing Yorubaland is a task that must be done.

You can stay in Nigeria with your coconut head which is also a destiny. It is curse to pronounce that Nigeria is a person's destiny.
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Emanodimo(m): 7:22pm On Aug 02, 2017
Imagine them seeking for consent t all the way from the North. Who knows them?. ...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by julietm123: 7:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
brainpulse:
Nonentitis and morons employed by Illitrate Kownu to forment trouble.
this i_ a yolicom thread mr/s afonja.
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Decryptor(m): 7:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
BrutalJab:

Sussesion? Which school did you graduate from?

Touts like ur Owomida brothers abi omonile or agberos abi ur baddo ritualist blodas.?

But you followed Tinubu like zombies sha.

oh! you are also unic? hahahshahsa

Don't mind the illiterate. His brainpulse is is definitely below -0% as his moniker suggests
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by julietm123: 7:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
ivolt:

Another confused Ipob member spotted, you guys are always looking for sympathy.
Your attempt to blackmail others to do your fighting has failed.

You people are so united and love yourself so much that a catholic priest was rejected for
not speaking the Mbaise dialect.

but the guy you quoted is afonja like you .smh

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by ivolt: 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
julietm123:

[s]but the guy you quoted is afonja like you .smh[/s]

What is afonja ?
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by princessayesha(f): 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
People with power of reasoning smiley

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
ivolt:

Your other points didn't add anything new to the discussion.
No modern developed country was created by discussion,
they were a product of conquest and assimilation by
powerful government, annexation through treaty, territory purchase
or the remnants of colonial legacies.
Please what do you mean by modern?
Do you consider the USA a modern developed country that was formed by discussion? That is after the original 13 colonies fought for and won their independence.
What about the United Arab Emirates? Qatar could have been a part of the modern UAE. But they did not agree to common terms so they each went their way.
What is the EU all about? Is it not an attempt to form a single country out of many through discussion?
Assuming your claim is true. Is there a law written in stone that countries can never be formed by discussion?

ivolt:

You seem to confuse nation building with country creation, two
very different concept. The easiest thing to do is create a country,
South Sudan was the latest country to be created but they aren't
so successful at nation building.
They are different concepts but they tie in one with another.
This your example of South Sudan has become stale abeg. Every time anybody talks of secession S. Sudan is the default argument. "See! You will end up like S. Sudan." But when Scotland asked for their independence from the UK nobody brought up S. Sudan. The question remains why?

There are other new countries that are doing well. Enough with S. Sudan already

ivolt:

If all we have to do is create a new country and voila we have eldorado, it
won't be a bad idea for each streets in Nigeria to clamour for independence
since their problems will magically disappear upon secession.

Some demagogues can't just come up one day and make a case for secession and
you expect everyone to fall for it, just because they promise heaven on earth.
You are clearly putting words into my mouth. I never argued that secession will automatically transform everyone's lives. Still you fail to see the real reason behind the massive support the secession movement is gaining. Everyone is tired of this failed state. Except you perhaps. If Nigeria were not a failed state how come everybody is declaring independence upandan with impunity?
Look at Nnamdi Kanu's case. He has boldly disrespected his bail conditions and continues to do so without any reasonable response from so-called authorities. They don't even act like the guy is even on bail anymore. It seems he has been forgotten. The same govt that disobeyed court orders and turned the guy into a superstar overnight.
Or is it the Arewa youths giving ultimatum to a people who were still Nigerians to vacate the North.

You have willfully failed to see anything good in secession. But thank God not everyone has your mind.

ivolt:
I am surprised you are changing the meaning of chance to make an argument,
what is already known and exists requires no probabilistic thinking.
Please how am I changing the meaning of chance? I repeat. Nigeria is betting on Arewa youths not attacking Igbo residents in the North without the authorities taking any concrete measures to ensure security.
They are betting on elections holding in Anambra come November without them doing anything to address the existing tension.

Once again. Nigeria is the one taking a chance. Nigeria is gambling. Not the secessionists.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by oweman: 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
For the that letter referred to is the hand work of the BIAFROGS
So all Yorubas wherever you keepcalm let them settle thier rift anyway they wish in any case those who kick start this madness are well know .
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Portgas(m): 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
SenatorM:
Why will they not disassociate themselves, when they are the benefactors of One Nigeria.

They know that they will suffer if they cut out of Nigeria.

Those Afonja Iidiots are pest ,they are Afraid to leave neither do they want the igbos to leave.

Lazy asses not good in anything except Rituals,Rape,419,Thug.

Cowardice in their Blood

Bastarrd Skull mining Afonjas

IPob spotted ...... we a re not people who are always looking for trouble ...... we want Nigeria and we aren't leaving it .......

People like you are the types who sit in their sitting rooms and utter trash from their garbage cans on a faceless forum
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by emmanuelex1(m): 1:54am On Aug 03, 2017
THE FEAR OF NORTH IS THE BEGINNING OF QUICK DISSOCIATION.
MasterofNL:
- The Yoruba Liberation Command recently called for their region to be declared the Oduduwa republic, a new country

- The Yoruba people in the 19 northern states of the federation said they are not part of the agitation

- The also denied ever being consulted before the announcement for Oduduwa Republic was made.

The Yoruba people in the northern part of Nigeria have warned those currently agitating for the Odudwa Republic saying the latter was on its own. Led by Dr Jimoh Aiyelangbe, the acting president-general, the Yoruba communities in the 19 northern states and Abuja, said they should be counted out of the agitation. Speaking in Kano in response to a recent agitation by the Yoruba Liberation Command (YOLICOM), Aiyelangbe said nothing concerning the issue was every brought to his notice.

“Our president general died recently and before he passed on he never discussed anything like that with me or any principal officer of our association. “So, as far as Yoruba communities are concerned here in the North, we are not behind the agitation for Oduduwa Republic. “The agitators should rule us out of it; we have not had any discussion with anybody about Yoruba secession and therefore we are not supporting it,” he reportedly said adding that they were better off in Nigeria.

“You know, when a young man is looking for money, he will use any opportunity that comes his way. But even at that one has to look for a better way to earn money. “To be honest with you, the agitators of Oduduwa Republic are looking for nothing but money,” Aiyelangbe said.

https://www.naij.com/1118142-yoruba-people-north-dissociate-themselves-call-oduduwa-republic.html
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Ikenna0b: 2:16am On Aug 03, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Col. Iluyomade with 179 soldiers made your fathers to cry like frightened schoolgirls. The irony is that the 179 Yoruba soldiers were just at ease when they wiped out your ancestors.

http://thenationonlineng.net/we-were-least-prepared-for-war-when-biafran-soldiers-attacked-my-command-in-ore-major-iluyomade/amp/

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So because this Afonja said so then it must be true. Do you have anobody that is non Afonja to collaborate his story
We all know of much sugar, spices and propaganda you lots tend to screech to try and remove your coward title. Afterall, the story of obasanjo son getting shot in the ass is still clear to us. We all recall how obasanjo son and the yoloba clan tried to make it look like the man was beating boko haram and the spy was from his heroic ass kicking. Only to later have an aboki in his platoon inform us he was shot while running away from the battle.

Give us a non Afonja who collaborated his story. Until then it remains the usual yoloba loud mouthing grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It is not only 5000, na billion biafran army sef grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Ikenna0b: 2:26am On Aug 03, 2017
wingman:
Not saying all Yorubas should agree with the guys asking for a separate Yoruba country but I am amazed at the speed they are disowned. Why so much fear??

They are cowards!!!! It has not even started and they already shading in their boots. Like see how quick they came out to let the Awera know they aren't part of Southwest gra gra grin grin grin grin. Tomorrow now they'll tell us they are not docile slaves to aboki.

I also noticed the hypocrisy of them. Notice how they are now claiming "everyone has different opinion" blah blah. "We're sophisticated, enlightened" and all the grandiose delusions. But let it be an igbo group that did this, this same goats are the first to start shouting "no unity in igbo. They hate eachother. " imagine the hypocrites. The entire Afonja clan is a joke!!!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 03, 2017
ivolt:

That will be a very poor decision unless you can prove that the result will be good.

Just because someone else will lose more doesn't mean I should support such actions,
because that will be nothing but utter selfishness on my part.

That is not an insult, it is merely an observation. Some people came together
and concluded that their problem will magically disappear if only their tribe
could breakaway. Then the less exposed part of the tribe get suckered in
to the fraud, that is nothing but herd mentality.

It is a classic con targeting the most vulnerable part of the society.
Most of the secessionist are either the politically sidelined or those who
think their lives cannot be worse than it currently is.

I replied because you happen to be different from those parroting ideas they don't even
understand.

Please tell me how breaking up equals food on the table, good roads and stable electricity ?

The flawed believe that taking a simple decision can solve complex problems is responsible
for Nigeria's current state, the same wishful thinking that the secessionist base their
agitation. It is same believe held by gamblers, that playing just this last game will set
them up for life.

None of this visionless groups are actually interested putting food on people's table,
good roads or electricity, it is all about grabbing power for themselves.

Nations are built with plans not chance.

So staying in Nigeria will guarantee better life abi?
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Toluensdollars(m): 5:46am On Aug 03, 2017
These is one of the greatest reason why we the Yoruba's have been superior over other tribes in Nigeria. We don't just follow anybody's directions or command. We are too educated, expose and civilized to follow someone's directions like fools just like the sister tribe up there in the east are been fooled by one Nnamdi Kanu. Even if the Yoruba's plans to secede from Nigeria today, don't expect us to go in the same way the Igbo's has been going about it. We are too educated and knows the rule of law and constitution. Thumbs up
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by ariesbull: 5:50am On Aug 03, 2017
The whole world have given up on the Yoruba and their cowardice.

They are known not to stand for anything
haywhy1026:
The coward nature of Yoruba nation always move me to tears...Speaking with one voice will continually become non exsisting until we look inwards and be affirmative in our quest for a nation we can call our own......This nations people interest have outran the reason for Nigerias existence.......Oduduwa republic is long overdue
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by ariesbull: 5:54am On Aug 03, 2017
Take them serious at your own peril

That's why they are the laughing stocks
Ikenna0b:

They are cowards!!!! It has not even started and they already shading in their boots. Like see how quick they came out to let the Awera know they aren't part of Southwest gra gra grin grin grin grin. Tomorrow now they'll tell us they are not docile slaves to aboki.

I also noticed the hypocrisy of them. Notice how they are now claiming "everyone has different opinion" blah blah. "We're sophisticated, enlightened" and all the grandiose delusions. But let it be an igbo group that did this, this same goats are the first to start shouting "no unity in igbo. They hate eachother. " imagine the hypocrites. The entire Afonja clan is a joke!!!
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Okoyiboz3: 9:26am On Aug 03, 2017
Ikenna0b:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So because this Afonja said so then it must be true. Do you have anobody that is non Afonja to collaborate his story
We all know of much sugar, spices and propaganda you lots tend to screech to try and remove your coward title. Afterall, the story of obasanjo son getting shot in the ass is still clear to us. We all recall how obasanjo son and the yoloba clan tried to make it look like the man was beating boko haram and the spy was from his heroic ass kicking. Only to later have an aboki in his platoon inform us he was shot while running away from the battle.

Give us a non Afonja who collaborated his story. Until then it remains the usual yoloba loud mouthing grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It is not only 5000, na billion biafran army sef grin grin grin grin grin

Shibuke, stop disgracing your lineage on this platform. It's not collaborate, it is corroborate.

Ipod illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 03, 2017
hahahaha,keeping deceiving yourself with fake news

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
Agonjo yoruba muslem are coward by nature
Yoruba muslem always afraid their master in anything.Hahaha, lf l ever see afonjo muslem upon their ewedu mouth to insult lgbo against

Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ukaegbuagbaieni:
Agonjo yoruba muslem are coward by nature
Yoruba muslem always afraid their master in anything.Hahaha, lf l ever see afonjo muslem upon their ewedu mouth to insult lgbo against
inform me when you finished licking the ass of yakubu gowon,an aboki christians that wasted over 3 millions of your people!
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Ngozi123(f): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2017
I've been telling Yoruba posters who obsess about Biafra and Igbo matters to focus on wrestling their northern territories from the North but they refuse to listen. Ndi Yoruba should try to work this out between themselves.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by vannessa7(f): 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
divinehand2003:

At least IPOD has fought and is still fighting to overcome. They are brave indeed. But how I wish I can say the same for the great cowards of the century (Yorubas). Not even an attempt to free yourselves of eternal slavery in the hands of northerners. I feel sorry for your people.

okay, nobody can make you feel like a slave without your cooperation, we Yoruba s have never and will never feel like a slave, it has to do with what is inside of you, when you are filled with inferiority complex and low self esteem you feel your freedom is determined by some outside forces, even when you realise your Biafra you will still be a slave there until you people deal with your inner insecurity and shouting Yoruba are cowards will not make us to enrol in your agitation for secession, everybody to his own.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by eyescue(m): 9:35am On Aug 06, 2017
ivolt:

If eating from dustbin and begging , which is the fate of millions of northerners is what you called an easy and affordable life,
then it is finished.
I am guessing you heard that lie from radio biafra, I will implore you to agitate for your biafra alone
and not bring others into your madness.
I see you really want me to tell the public that your doctor's report says you are ''mad''
Re: Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 06, 2017
brainpulse:
cool When touts comes out without no tangible achievement and sense and starts to call for succession, Yorubas don't just follow like morons and zombies. We think deeply, strategize to count the cost before taking steps.
That's what makes us different, unic and legally successful.
just like egbon Afonja cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, Atiku Shouldn’t Contest Presidency In 2019 – Northern Coalition / Aisha Yesufu Twitter Account Temporarily Suspended Once Again / No COVID-19 Palliatives In My House, Abike Dabiri Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.