Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Can You Solve This Question In 30 Seconds? - Forum Games (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Can You Solve This Question In 30 Seconds? (32423 Views)

Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? / As A Detective, How Do You Solve These? / Can You Solve This "Simple" Quiz? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Solve This Question In 30 Seconds? by Kylekent59: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
Bahddo:
this thread is embarrassing. So if I hold two 100 naira notes together, it becomes 100 * 100 because they are placed side by side? Who taught you that?

This is like the word problems we did as kids, only in picture form. It's like saying if two men can eat 30 wraps of fufu and two women can eat 12 wraps, how many wraps would 2 men and a woman eat? I don't know why the majority choose to abandon common sense and follow the crowd.

Two men standing together does not resolve to man squared in any part of maths. The 3rd picture resolves to 2x + y. If they have 15k each, together it would be 30k, not 225k. If they each weigh 15kg, together on the scale, it would be 30kg not 225kg.

In quantitative analysis, when you place several objects together, they are summed not multiplied. If you want to indicate multiplication at least use dot notation.

If you doubt me, try the puzzle below if your 'two-objects-together-are-squared' logic wouldn't fall flat on its face.

Don't mind that guy misleading the crowd even boasting the ans is 231.
This thread is an embarrassment it shows many ain't good at mathematics.

A big congrat to those who have 36 as their answer.
Re: Can You Solve This Question In 30 Seconds? by Kylekent59: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Bro, when 2 variables are placed side by side, it means multiplication. For instance, xx means X multiply by X.

If we are asked to value of xx when x=5, what it means is 5*5 and not 55

OLODO LABATA hahahahaha.
Re: Can You Solve This Question In 30 Seconds? by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 05, 2017
Bahddo:
this thread is embarrassing. So if I hold two 100 naira notes together, it becomes 100 * 100 because they are placed side by side? Who taught you that?

This is like the word problems we did as kids, only in picture form. It's like saying if two men can eat 30 wraps of fufu and two women can eat 12 wraps, how many wraps would 2 men and a woman eat? I don't know why the majority choose to abandon common sense and follow the crowd.

Two men standing together does not resolve to man squared in any part of maths. The 3rd picture resolves to 2x + y. If they have 15k each, together it would be 30k, not 225k. If they each weigh 15kg, together on the scale, it would be 30kg not 225kg.

In quantitative analysis, when you place several objects together, they are summed not multiplied. If you want to indicate multiplication at least use dot notation.

If you doubt me, try the puzzle below if your 'two-objects-together-are-squared' logic wouldn't fall flat on its face.

This isn't mathematics... My concept of reasoning differs from yours. Our assumptions are different. No matter what your own answer is, it doesn't mean someone else was wrong. This has no rule. It's purely reasoning. As long as you can prove your answers right, yu r right...this isn't algebra , geometry , calculus, statistics or any branch of Mathematics. It's pure reasoning that is subject to faultering as long as your opinion doesn't coincide with mine. My opinion#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Solve This Question In 30 Seconds? by Bahddo(m): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2017
Tpappie:

This isn't mathematics... My concept of reasoning differs from yours. Our assumptions are different. No matter what your own answer is, it doesn't mean someone else was wrong. This has no rule. It's purely reasoning. As long as you can prove your answers right, yu r right...this isn't algebra , geometry , calculus, statistics or any branch of Mathematics. It's pure reasoning that is subject to faultering as long as your opinion doesn't coincide with mine. My opinion#
really? The next time you want to pay for an item worth a thousand naira, just place two 100 naira notes together and tell the person that according to your pure reasoning, the two notes (since they are together) multiply to give a thousand naira.

Then you'd know if it really isn't mathematics and has no rule. You likely would also get to know how much your opinion is worth.
Re: Can You Solve This Question In 30 Seconds? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2017
Bahddo:
really? The next time you want to pay for an item worth a thousand naira, just place two 100 naira notes together and tell the person that according to your pure reasoning, the two notes (since they are together) multiply to give a thousand naira.

Then you'd know if it really isn't mathematics and has no rule. You likely would also get to know how much your opinion is worth.

are 2 bodies money?

Man, no need arguing with you... You seem dogmatic... enjoy yourself...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funniest Thing That Happened To You Today? / Can You Spot The Cat In This Photo? / Finish Off The Sentence With A Rhyming Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.