Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property (23669 Views)

Wife Batters Husband Over Inability To Impregnate Her / Nancy Crampton-Brophy Arrested For Murdering Her Husband / Police Arrest 2 For Murdering Italy-based Omoruyi Okundolor In Benin (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by CEOYOMZZYBLOG: 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
A Kenyan court has sentenced a University lecturer to death for murdering her husband in a row over family property. Sheila Wanjiku Kibinge, who is a lecturer in the US and also a Ph.D. student, was handed the sentence on Tuesday by High Court Judge Jessie Lessit, Kenya’s Daily Nation reports.

“The prosecution, led by State Prosecutor Evelyn Onunga, has proved beyond reasonable doubt that you purposed to kill your husband although you allege you were both kidnapped the night your husband was executed,” Justice Lessit said.

The judge dismissed her defence that her husband was killed by kidnappers. The judge said that she murdered her husband by shooting him in the head, neck and chest in Gitaru village, Kikuyu, Kiambu County.

“The number of shots fired at the deceased, Leonard Kibinge Kiruri on the night of April 14, 2014, establishes pre-meditated malice aforethought,” Justice Lessit stated.

Sheila, however pleaded for leniency, but the judge said, “there is only one verdict provided for in the law and that is “to suffer death in the manner prescribed by the law.”

News via: http://www.yomzzyblog.com/2017/08/lecturer-sentenced-to-death-for.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by INTROVERT(f): 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
[left][/left]
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by fatimababy95(f): 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Mugabe will not kill person:South Africans will kick down a statue of a dead white man but won't even attempt to slap a live one. Yet they can stone to death a black man simply because he is a foreigner.

15 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Moreoffaith(m): 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Kenya again??

Well as e dey happen for Kenya na so e dey happen for my dear country Nigeria self.

If I say make dem recolonize Nigeria and Kenya now some people go attack me.

Make I kukuma Sidon for here dey look jars.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by greatgod2012(f): 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Kenya and weird news are like Siamese twins!

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by bonifieldstun(m): 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
So make we fry Kenya flag
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Rextsm(m): 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
Kenya oh sweet Kenya!!! Odd people
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by czarina(f): 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
Chai

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by oxaxcool(m): 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
UP NEPA..... grin grin grin
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by vincent10(m): 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
Which one is "murdering" AAagain?
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Learnstuffs: 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
The heart of a human being. Because of common property. God pls give me a wife not a beast

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by warriorPedigree: 9:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
Kenyan news seem to make Nigerians thankful lol, different shitholes.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by 0b100100111: 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2017

Where re the feminist?

You will never find them here!

7 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by greatgod2012(f): 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Imagine

A lecturer in the U.S and a PH.D holder in view doing this! Definitely, not everyone who went to school are truly educated!

7 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
0b100100111:
Where re the feminist!
Let me call them
Lalas247 benita27

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Cladez(m): 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
No peace for the wicked.

Educated illitrate....the gangsterism in the USA has influenced her.You think you can just pick a gun and shoot anybody.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by saintandsinnerz: 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
greatgod2012:
Imagine

A lecturer in the U.S and a PH.D PhD preview in view doing this! Definitely, not everyone who went to school are is truly educated!
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
NgcoboP:

Let me call them
Lala.s247 benit.a27
She deserved what she got.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by chubbygal(f): 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hmmm

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Cladez(m): 10:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
Benita27:
She deserved what she got.
We all know you just said that because you were called out abi? undecided

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
Bcoz of Ego

Ewo

Kudi
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Solomonudofia(m): 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
Chai the pain of licking without looking is always death.... Look before you lick prospective husbands.....

CNN story on North Korea missile test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwa1PwcJ7fg
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by medolab90(m): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
K
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
greatgod2012:
Imagine

A lecturer in the U.S and a PH.D in preview doing this! Definitely, not everyone who went to school are truly educated!
Anty mí u well so Wetin concern education with human psyche Let me educate u briefly... Brilliant minds carry out often the most despicable and mind blowing crimes.. Study about crimes by geniuses then u will not spew such again.. U are lucky I am in the a good mood tonight.. Because to me it's zero tolerance for okponus..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by juman(m): 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
Good judgement.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
Cladez:
We all know you just said that because you were called out abi? undecided
I always speak the truth. That's what most of you confuse as feminism.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Onyenna(m): 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
Daayyuuummm
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by Onyenna(m): 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
Fvcked up
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by greatman247(m): 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
Moreoffaith:
Kenya again??

Well as e dey happen for Kenya na so e dey happen for my dear country Nigeria self.

If I say make dem recolonize Nigeria and Kenya now some people go attack me.

Make I kukuma Sidon for here dey look jars.

U don already talk am. anyway i like the judgement. Thy shall not kill. You kill you die too. No cheating.
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by ofwest47(m): 11:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
This Kenya self no good news has ever came out of the country it is either pastor raping church members or wife murdering husband or husband killing wife rituals
Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by TDonald: 11:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
czarina:
Chai

Lol at your meme...... Are you related to the woman? grin

For the murderer

RIP in advance

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Lecturer Sentenced To Death For Murdering Her Husband Over Property by DukeNija(m): 12:33am On Aug 03, 2017
She should have been given the life sentence. Death doesn't always atone for death. This is clearly a premeditated crime, but she shouldn't have received the maximum sentence. I hope they don't have children.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pathetic Story Of An Igbo Woman In Dallas / Man Paraded In Bayelsa With "I AM A THIEF" Tag Hanging On His Neck By Vigilante / Police Arraign 83 Suspects For Looting (See Names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.