Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Ikú "God Of Death" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ikú "God Of Death" (2169 Views)

My Experience With The God Of No Impossibities / How Sex Can Be A Sweet Trap Of Death / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 7:46am On Aug 03, 2017
Ikú solves the mystery of Death. Ikú is death in the sense of loss of emí or life sustaining breath, the end of terrestrial life but unlike Egúngún, it was one of the beings in Òrun that came to Aiyé.

Ikú was assigned the task of ending peoples life. The great difference between these beings are also understandable through the Òdù Ifá, where Ikú manifest in the family of Òdú related to Oyekun while Egúngún manifested in the Òdù Oturupon Méji.

Ikú further has a very different role in creation than Egúngún.

Ikú is an Irúnmalè from the left side and consequently in the strict sense and ebora in the sense of being a “child” of these spirits.

Like them, he is a warrior and is represented by a òpá or Kùmòn, the symbol that also makes a part of the emblems of Obàlúaiyé.

The Kùmòn is a packet in the shape of club approximately 30 cm, in all, sometimes with a head carved from this full wood that vaguely is representing a cranium.

It is at the same time an emblem powerful and dangerous as it serves to kill…

He is not found in any fixed place but is roaming around everywhere in the world to do his work…

Ikú is deeply related to the origin of the human race on earth:

“When Olórun was looking for a suitable material to create human beings, all the ebora went to look for it.

They brought different things but none of them were suitable. They went to take the mud but it cried and shed tears. None of the ebora would then take a bit of it.

But Ikú Òjègbè-Alàsó-Òna came out and took a bit of the mud – eerúpé – and was not merciful to its weeping.

He took it to Olódúmaré who asked Òrísàlá and Olùgama to mould it and He himself breezed into it.

But Olódùmarè said to Ikú that, because he was the one who took out a bit of mud, he will have to replace it there anytime – that is why Ikú takes us back to mud each time.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos

1 Like

Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Epositive(m): 7:56am On Aug 03, 2017
one of those (ijapa tiroko) fairy tales cool
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by chemystery: 8:41am On Aug 03, 2017
Babalawos:
Ikú solves the mystery of Death. Ikú is death in the sense of loss of emí or life sustaining breath, the end of terrestrial life but unlike Egúngún, it was one of the beings in Òrun that came to Aiyé.

Ikú was assigned the task of ending peoples life. The great difference between these beings are also understandable through the Òdù Ifá, where Ikú manifest in the family of Òdú related to Oyekun while Egúngún manifested in the Òdù Oturupon Méji.

Ikú further has a very different role in creation than Egúngún.

Ikú is an Irúnmalè from the left side and consequently in the strict sense and ebora in the sense of being a “child” of these spirits.

Like them, he is a warrior and is represented by a òpá or Kùmòn, the symbol that also makes a part of the emblems of Obàlúaiyé.

The Kùmòn is a packet in the shape of club approximately 30 cm, in all, sometimes with a head carved from this full wood that vaguely is representing a cranium.

It is at the same time an emblem powerful and dangerous as it serves to kill…

He is not found in any fixed place but is roaming around everywhere in the world to do his work…

Ikú is deeply related to the origin of the human race on earth:

“When Olórun was looking for a suitable material to create human beings, all the ebora went to look for it.

They brought different things but none of them were suitable. They went to take the mud but it cried and shed tears. None of the ebora would then take a bit of it.

But Ikú Òjègbè-Alàsó-Òna came out and took a bit of the mud – eerúpé – and was not merciful to its weeping.

He took it to Olódúmaré who asked Òrísàlá and Olùgama to mould it and He himself breezed into it.

But Olódùmarè said to Ikú that, because he was the one who took out a bit of mud, he will have to replace it there anytime – that is why Ikú takes us back to mud each time.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos
Hehehehe, babalawos are you sure you want my comments?
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 11:26am On Aug 03, 2017
chemystery:

Hehehehe, babalawos are you sure you want my comments?

Yes if it uplifts ATR
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by HMZi: 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
lol thats ow my surname sounds & it means death too
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2017
HMZi:
lol thats ow my surname sounds & it means death too

Names accompany people. Are they strange deaths in your family?
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by HMZi: 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
Babalawos:

Names accompany people. Are they strange deaths in your family?
,noope. death cant die

1 Like

Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Reccoxxy: 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2017
Aboru Boye o babalawo,

Please sir could you tell me more about Odu Ifa Atepa Iwori. Thanks
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 7:14am On Aug 04, 2017
Reccoxxy:
Aboru Boye o babalawo,

Please sir could you tell me more about Odu Ifa Atepa Iwori. Thanks

Aboye Abosisi, you are welcome. Go through my nairaland posts and check for my Iwori Odu Ifa topic. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
Babalawos. Can charms that are inside someone's body through swallowing,incisions or other means be neutralized if menstruation blood is poured on the person?
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by sonmvayina(m): 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
I thought that death was a "she"..rather than a he..the goddess of death and destruction..she is Inanna in babylonian religion, venus is roman and aphrodite in greeks...
She is also Lucifer in the old testament and Mary the mother of Jesus in the new testament..or
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
Timhim:
Babalawos. Can charms that are inside someone's body through swallowing,incisions or other means be neutralized if menstruation blood is poured on the person?

grin grin grin Funny question! Did anyone pour you menstruation blood?
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2017
sonmvayina:
I thought that death was a "she"..rather than a he..the goddess of death and destruction..she is Inanna in babylonian religion, venus is roman and aphrodite in greeks...
She is also Lucifer in the old testament and Mary the mother of Jesus in the new testament..or

This is ATR

1 Like

Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2017
Babalawos:

This is ATR
ATr atheist, Muslims, Christians, pagans and whatever name it's called must repent from idolatry and believe on the Lordship of Jesus Christ the Son of God. For He's the only one who holds the keys of Death and Hell..
Don't depart out of this world without Jesus Christ in your life..
Peace.
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2017
Babalawos:

grin grin grin Funny question! Did anyone pour you menstruation blood?

grin grin grin No. I reject it! I had a discussion with some friends about the topic. So I wanted to confirm from you.
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
Timhim:

grin grin grin No. I reject it! I had a discussion with some friends about the topic. So I wanted to confirm from you.

Yes, it will neutralize all charms that forbids menstrual blood - fear women!
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
Babalawos:

Yes, it will neutralize all charms that forbids menstrual blood - fear women!

Okay. Thanks
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 6:29am On Aug 05, 2017
Timhim:

Okay. Thanks

You are welcome
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 05, 2017
Babalawos:

You are welcome

But will the women receive any repercussions for their deeds?
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 8:45am On Aug 05, 2017
Timhim:

But will the women receive any repercussions for their deeds?

What deeds?
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by purem(m): 10:58am On Aug 05, 2017
Babalawos! were do our soul and spirit go after iku has taken our body
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 05, 2017
Babalawos:

What deeds?

Like will the gods kill the woman or curse her.
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 2:01pm On Aug 05, 2017
Timhim:

Like will the gods kill the woman or curse her.

It depend on the charm taboo that was broken by the woman menstruation blood. In some cases, nothing happens to the woman
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2017
CHRIST JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED FOR YOUR SAKE, TURN TO HIM.HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH TO GIVE HIMSELF FOR YOU
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
CHRIST JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED FOR YOUR SAKE, TURN TO HIM.HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH TO GIVE HIMSELF FOR YOU

Come on shut up and read this: www.nairaland.com/3968428/30-deadly-lies-bible-how
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 05, 2017
Babalawos:

It depend on the charm taboo that was broken by the woman menstruation blood. In some cases, nothing happens to the woman

Thanks For Your Help
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Babalawos(m): 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2017
Timhim:

Thanks For Your Help

You are welcome
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:03pm On Aug 05, 2017
FOR CHRIST SO LOVE YOU, HE TRADED HEAVEN FOR A WOODEN CROSS
Re: Ikú "God Of Death" by Smartmanager(m): 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2017
Babalawos:

You are welcome
Aburo Boye O Babalawo. I Sent U A Mail,Pls Check And Reply.

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman's 2019 Prophecies: "I See Igbo Presidency In 2023, Apc Wins Lago / Ex-communicated For Fornication: Proper Means Of Correction? / Potestant, Catholics, Redeem Or Any Other Dont Matter. As Long As. . . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.