Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander (546 Views)

How I Was Duped By A 9jabet Game Seller / Nigerian Lady Reveals How Her Friend Was Duped In U.S; Looking For Cheap Iphone / Duped By MMM? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by olabamiyo(m): 8:55am On Aug 03, 2017
There is this guy on nairaland with username mikeolanu. He advertises data regularly, and after seeing his advert for some time decided to patronise him last Sunday 30th July. I decided to try out his 5 gig data for #1500. I called him sometimes in the afternoon but he asked me to call back, that he was busy. I called him back around 8pm and we reached an agreement. He told me to transfer the money to an account and I obliged, even though the advert said money will be paid after delivery, but I just felt #1500 shouldn't be a big deal and I should just help a brother. I notified him about 15 minutes after the transaction that I have sent it and am expecting the data, nothing came. About an hour later, I called him and he hurriedly answered that he was working on it and still nothing came. I called back like four more times but he stopped picking, I sent a text, no reply. I called him once the following morning, and it was the same response and I just freed him afterwards. I felt bad because the person I felt I could help his business by patronising and possibly referring others to, came around to dupe me. I know that losing #1500 will not kill me neither will it make him rich, but this is just one of the things people do that will never make them prosper in life. I'm posting this so that no one else will fall for his cheap trick

1 Like

Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by fk001(m): 8:57am On Aug 03, 2017
They should start banning those fools
Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by wahles(m): 8:57am On Aug 03, 2017
@fk001 uno try o! Which ntwk u dey use? For everyone who's gona judge d op -vely, ur observations and contributions noted, please come from another angle. Thank you grin

Op be careful next time, business is business, don't ignore ur instincts nxt time
Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by shamack: 9:00am On Aug 03, 2017
Awoof dey purge belle o
Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by LifeIsGuhd(f): 9:01am On Aug 03, 2017
But sincerely this s wrong!!!

And to think it is just #1500... jeez!!!

I remember MMM days, I was matched to pay 2 people with similar names...
after making the first payment of 17500 to the first recipient, I mistakenly made another 22500 payment to same person,

After calling to inform the recipient, she stopped picking my calls.

Funny enough... I work with her bank. I could have gotten anything I wanted to track her (though it is illegal)
I let it slide smiley
Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by RoyalBlak007: 9:02am On Aug 03, 2017
♤ How on earth do you expect to get

♤5gb for 1500 in the first place,
Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by LifeIsGuhd(f): 9:13am On Aug 03, 2017
olabamiyo:
There is this guy on nairaland with username mikeolanu. He advertises data regularly, and after seeing his advert for some time decided to patronise him last Sunday 30th July. I decided to try out his 5 gig data for #1500. I called him sometimes in the afternoon but he asked me to call back, that he was busy. I called him back around 8pm and we reached an agreement. He told me to transfer the money to an account and I obliged, even though the advert said money will be paid after delivery, but I just felt #1500 shouldn't be a big deal and I should just help a brother. I notified him about 15 minutes after the transaction that I have sent it and am expecting the data, nothing came. About an hour later, I called him and he hurriedly answered that he was working on it and still nothing came. I called back like four more times but he stopped picking, I sent a text, no reply. I called him once the following morning, and it was the same response and I just freed him afterwards. I felt bad because the person I felt I could help his business by patronising and possibly referring others to, came around to dupe me. I know that losing #1500 will not kill me neither will it make him rich, but this is just one of the things people do that will never make them prosper in life. I'm posting this so that no one else will fall for his cheap trick

Sincerely OP, I think you just wanted to dash the guy that #1500
I jut checked his profile and found that he created the account 2nd August 2017.

Haba!!! I am pretty sure he is opening another account as I type.

Hardluck
Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by nepapole(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2017
Awuf...awuf....awuf...awuf...awuf...awuf...awuf....awuf....awuf....awuf....awuf....
Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by Taeewo(m): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2017
Cc tabbaz
Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by fk001(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2017
wahles:
@fk001 uno try o! Which ntwk u dey use? For everyone who's gona judge d op -vely, ur observations and contributions noted, please come from another angle. Thank you grin

Op be careful next time, business is business, don't ignore ur instincts nxt time

Lol na fast finger
Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by olabamiyo(m): 11:33am On Aug 03, 2017
Well you may be right, but I know he had an account before 2nd August. I really didn't know his account name before that but I've been seeing his posts weeks before I finally decided to patronise him
LifeIsGuhd:

Sincerely OP, I think you just wanted to dash the guy that #1500
I jut checked his profile and found that he created the account 2nd August 2017.

Haba!!! I am pretty sure he is opening another account as I type.

Hardluck
Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by mark2sunny(m): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
Same thing happened to me ooo.
Same #1500

Pls no one should ever fall victim of this hungry bastards. See how they discourage even sincere people from doing small business like this online.

I was duped

The guy creates new accounts and posts same thing.

Re: The Day I Was Duped By A Nairalander by Oluwaesko(m): 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2017
@op, so sorry to hear ur story, was a victim of this same guy a day before u fell victim to him.. Attached to my post is the bastard picture I got on Whatsapp

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Directs All 2017 Candidates To Re-upload Their O'level Results. / Re-igniting The Debate On Christian Women And Trousers... / Puff Daddy's Former Body Guard Confesses To Diddy Killing 2pac & Aware Of Big's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.