Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. (26909 Views)

Ondo: Pregnant Woman And Her 2 Kids Crushed To Death In Tanker Accident (Pix) / Foam In Anthony Village Is As A Result Of Tanker Accident- LASG / Female Corper Burnt After In Motor Accident While Travelling. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. by glogirlie(f): 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
RIP... I followed dis route yesterday Mbaimo it's just God mercy dat we are not consumed
Re: Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. by SmartMugu: 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
gypsey:
if you believe that's his real name then you must be the real SmartMugu yourself grin grin
Lol
Re: Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
Re: Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. by SmartMugu: 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
gypsey:
i totally Agree! there is something introduced recently here in the UK called TACO cards because of lorry drivers fallen asleep due to long drives and no rest, the driver downloads this taco in his lorry before his journey and when ever he is stopped by the police, the police check how long henough has been driving for without rest (which is every 4 hours ) and if he hasn't followed the rules he will be fined and his license taken away in a serious case. and there's no bribery unlike in nigeria.
That's a sane way to address this type of situation in Nigeria. The US has something similar to that - a means of checking the competence and performance of trucks/tankers driving abilities. I don't know much about the US laws for these types of drivers, but I have a few friends that do that for a loving and mentioned a few things they're not allowed to do by law because of the heavy vehicles they're driving.

I know for sure I can drive almost any vehicle in the world, I bragged about that to one of my friends that drives one of these heavy vehicles. He invited me over and put me in his 16-wheeler. That truck had about 6 different gears, I mean gear sticks, ain't never seen nothing like that before in cars. I'm like "dude, come drive your thing yourself, I have no idea how to drive this one"

In the US, they have special trainings for CDL that trains them on how to drive those types of vehicles, what to watch for and what to avoid etc. I think Nigeria still lacks that.

These folks can cause way more havoc on the roads than a regular car owner that just wants to drive to work, and should be addressed first before focusing on regular motorists.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. by Martin0(m): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
gypsey:
if you believe that's his real name then you must be the real SmartMugu yourself grin grin
gringringrin No not that I believ but their name na wa ooogringrin
Re: Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. by SmartMugu: 12:07am On Aug 04, 2017
Martin0:
gringringrin No not that I believ but their name na wa ooogringrin
No mind me jare, I don't even know what made me name myself that name....lol
Re: Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 04, 2017
SmartMugu:

That's a sane way to address this type of situation in Nigeria. The US has something similar to that - a means of checking the competence and performance of trucks/tankers driving abilities. I don't know much about the US laws for these types of drivers, but I have a few friends that do that for a loving and mentioned a few things they're not allowed to do by law because of the heavy vehicles they're driving.

I know for sure I can drive almost any vehicle in the world, I bragged about that to one of my friends that drives one of these heavy vehicles. He invited me over and put me in his 16-wheeler. That truck had about 6 different gears, I mean gear sticks, ain't never seen nothing like that before in cars. I'm like "dude, come drive your thing yourself, I have no idea how to drive this one"

In the US, they have special trainings for CDL that trains them on how to drive those types of vehicles, what to watch for and what to avoid etc. I think Nigeria still lacks that.

These folks can cause way more havoc on the roads than a regular car owner that just wants to drive to work, and should be addressed first before focusing on regular motorists.
Absolutely!

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. by Martin0(m): 6:21am On Aug 04, 2017
SmartMugu:

No mind me jare, I don't even know what made me name myself that name....lol
bro una funny shagringringringringrin I greet u

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. by Wisdomistic(m): 6:38am On Aug 04, 2017
Oh No, This Is Sad
Re: Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. by 9icetoo(m): 1:33am On Aug 06, 2017
gypsey:
petrol tankers are not meant to ply the same road with other vehicles, in some countries petrol are transported by RAIL. all this petrol tankers death are Avoidable.
Gypsey I am not quoting you to condemn what you posted but this is a response to similar remarks on this forum.
Petrol tankers have every right to use the highway as every other vehicle.
Developed countries haul more dangerous goods across their highways using tankers.
Hydrochloric acid is hauled across the highway in the USA. Nuclear warheads are hauled across the highway in the USA!
The problem with Nigeria is that we don't treat our highways as highways.
The people of mbiama have converted that section of the highway into a market. The market holds every Tuesday!
It is unbelievable that FRSC, npf and nscdc have not put a stop to this dangerous act.
How can people be allowed to crowd a federal highway linking the southernmost part of Nigeria to the west and we accept it as a normal thing?
I drive through mbiama regularly and I wonder why this activity is still permitted.
On some occasions, FRSC have stopped me on the single lane available to check for fvxking fire extinguishers and triangles when the main hazard is the market/trading going on on the highway.
Buses, taxis, bikes, cart pushers, barrow pushers, goods/wares, traders and buyers all compete with road users for a 12 meter wide road.
That tanker may have been trying to avoid a hawker running after a buyer oblivious of his/her surroundings or a cart pusher who lost control of his cart or spilled his wares.
My point is tankers, trucks, semis and the likes have every right to use the highway like every other car. The onus is on the agencies responsible to make the roads safe for these trucks and other road users.
Re: Graphic Photos Of Victims Burnt After Petrol Tanker Accident In Bayelsa. by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2017
9icetoo:

Gypsey I am not quoting you to condemn what you posted but this is a response to similar remarks on this forum.
Petrol tankers have every right to use the highway as every other vehicle.
Developed countries haul more dangerous goods across their highways using tankers.
Hydrochloric acid is hauled across the highway in the USA. Nuclear warheads are hauled across the highway in the USA!
The problem with Nigeria is that we don't treat our highways as highways.
The people of mbiama have converted that section of the highway into a market. The market holds every Tuesday!
It is unbelievable that FRSC, npf and nscdc have not put a stop to this dangerous act.
How can people be allowed to crowd a federal highway linking the southernmost part of Nigeria to the west and we accept it as a normal thing?
I drive through mbiama regularly and I wonder why this activity is still permitted.
On some occasions, FRSC have stopped me on the single lane available to check for fvxking fire extinguishers and triangles when the main hazard is the market/trading going on on the highway.
Buses, taxis, bikes, cart pushers, barrow pushers, goods/wares, traders and buyers all compete with road users for a 12 meter wide road.
That tanker may have been trying to avoid a hawker running after a buyer oblivious of his/her surroundings or a cart pusher who lost control of his cart or spilled his wares.
My point is tankers, trucks, semis and the likes have every right to use the highway like every other car. The onus is on the agencies responsible to make the roads safe for these trucks and other road users.
I Agree %1000, infact all of the Above was mostly what I was trying to Articulate in my previous comments! Ciao! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Dana Air Plane Was Faulty? / Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada / Rivers State Launches Free Bus Scheme (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.