Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League (50100 Views)

Top 10 Coaches In The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) / Nigeria Professional Football League Table After Week 8 Sunday Games / Rivers Angels Are Champions Of Nigeria Women Professional League Again (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by laliga01: 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2017
kjhova:
This is bad press.

Nigeria isn't the only country where torrential rains disrupts sports schedule due to the inability to deploy state of the art facilities. Even in Europe, many countries suffer the same fate. Not all countries are wealthy like UK, Germany, Spain etc. And even in these countries, when you go down their leagues to the 3rd and 4th tier, you meet facilities like ours which are easily affected by weather conditions.

If Nigeria is not as rich as the UK, how do you expect our facilities to meet their standards?

The NPFL can improve a whole lot but not with cheap and needless attack as this.

And who said Nigeria is not as rich as england?
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by ayandarenoni(m): 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
this is what happens when you have herdsmen as NFF officials
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by manikspears: 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
Moreoffaith:
ALL THEY KNOW IS RENT OUT STADIUM FOR CRUSADE AND PARTY..

USELESS PEOPLE

and ipob rally cheesy.

just joking o, no be me talk am,i was never here. grin
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by Moreoffaith(m): 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

manikspears:

and ipob rally cheesy.

just joking o, no be me talk am,i was never here. grin

1 Like

Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by nnokwa042(m): 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
kjhova:
This is bad press.

Nigeria isn't the only country where torrential rains disrupts sports schedule due to the inability to deploy state of the art facilities. Even in Europe, many countries suffer the same fate. Not all countries are wealthy like UK, Germany, Spain etc. And even in these countries, when you go down their leagues to the 3rd and 4th tier, you meet facilities like ours which are easily affected by weather conditions.

If Nigeria is not as rich as the UK, how do you expect our facilities to meet their standards?

The NPFL can improve a whole lot but not with cheap and needless attack as this.

ur ur type will like will like nigerians to lie to the world that we ve light 24/7 water 24/7 goood roads security pls i cant lie like you,ve u been to old natioal stadium ?
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by kjhova(m): 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2017
Xbee007:

Who is UK if Nigeria had gotten it sh*t together all these years. We have a thousand and one reasons to the richer and better than them. But here we are in a seriously fvcked up situation.

You have just repeated everything I said, only in a most negative way.

Nigeria could be richer than the UK (maybe yes, maybe no...in an alternate reality) however, are we as rich as the UK today?
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by kjhova(m): 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
laliga01:

And who said Nigeria is not as rich as england?

This claim has been properly adressed on this same topic.

No reharsh.
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by kjhova(m): 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2017
nnokwa042:
ur ur type will like will like nigerians to lie to the world that we ve light 24/7 water 24/7 goood roads security pls i cant lie like you,ve u been to old natioal stadium ?

Be articulate and I will respond in tandem.

1 Like

Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by Teeboi56: 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2017
Our league is one of the best
And again one of the toughest leagle in the world of football

Gbabee weather u like it or not
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by kjhova(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
mansakhalifa:
This isn't just about this water-logged pitch. That league is not professionally run in any way. Player transfers are kept secret. You don't know the terms of a player's contract or how much a player is worth until transaction goes awry and parties begin to speak in different tongues like it is pentecost Sunday. There are stories of fixed matches tilted in favour of the home teams #home advantage. And the gory tales of pro footballers travelling from Yenagoa to Maiduguri under current security situation in Nigeria to play matches. Op isn't lampooning the league we all watch he's contributing his quota in his own small way to develop the league. Too bad it has been totally misunderstood. This is our elite division for pete's sake!

Yes all the issues you raised are there in the league but football isn't the problem. NPFL is a victim of Nigeria's crisis and the NPFL cannot be better than the Nigerian situation.

However the OP wasn't drawing attention to these real problems. Instead he was hoping to mock the league with the picture of a soggy pitch.
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by OlaSammie: 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
kjhova:
This is bad press.

Here they go again! Defending shameful things.
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by alklas(m): 5:17pm On Aug 03, 2017
Omo c football pitch!
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by Mayoribadan(m): 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
plateau united vs shooting stars.,, no wonder they beat us
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by youngin(m): 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2017
tgmservice:
lol this one is called water football

anyway wish me congrats for the first time i am first to comment hurray!!

U must be using glo
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by kjhova(m): 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
OlaSammie:

Here they go again! Defending shameful things.

Waka pass!
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by gberra: 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
StephDamielola:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Come to daddy
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by OlaSammie: 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
kjhova:

Waka pass!

Lol...Uncle calm down!

The truth is that the water-logged pitch isn't the main problem but the fact that a lot of things isn't right with our local league(e.g not paying players salaries etc).

Maybe the pictures the OP posted might be shallow and probably didn't depict the wrongs in our local league,but the truth is that players are looking for greener pastures in those same places you compared Nigeria to.

So if our local league is near the standard of those places,why are our players struggling to go there? Besides,who said our local league can't be better.

It's very important for us(citizens) to start clamouring for better things across all spheres of our life in this country,we have settled too much for mediocrity so we think it's okay if things continue to go on like this.

Sir,look beyond the water-logged picture. We all know it's actually way beyond that.
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by skymobilemedia: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
Check out this one

1 Like

Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by Xbee007(m): 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
kjhova:

You have just repeated everything I said, only in a most negative way.

Nigeria could be richer than the UK (maybe yes, maybe no...in an alternate reality) however, are we as rich as the UK today?
What is negative in the statement that I made concerning the fact that we are not where we are supposed to be. Plus, I never said we are currently richer than UK, I only pointed out that if we had gotten our acts together we wouldn't be in this situation.
We are in a fvcked up situation, simple! If you can't handle my French then get off my mention.
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
Collyno82:
failure in all fronts
cc: Pidgin2 take note

I see, so rain doesn't disturb soccer matches abroad?
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2017
Xbee007:

What is negative in the statement that I made concerning the fact that we are not where we are supposed to be. Plus, I never said we are currently richer than UK, I only pointed out that if we had gotten our acts together we wouldn't be in this situation.
We are in a fvcked up situation, simple! If you can't handle my French then get off my mention.

There's no perfect country, your criticism is uncalled for in this case
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by charlesucheh(m): 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
This is another style of football o! It's called "RAIN BALL"...m
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by nNEOo(m): 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
BlaQWolf:

Lol...you know nah wink

you na badt guy grin
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by vroy(m): 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
it's not only Nigeria stadium that is water logged when there is rain even Europe football is also as worse as this NPFL just need to postpone the match

1 Like

Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by moneyok(m): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
dix 1 na royal rumble
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by Collyno82(m): 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

I see, so rain doesn't disturb soccer matches abroad?
haven't seen such elsewhere except in our country
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 03, 2017
kjhova:
This is bad press.

Exactly. . .these same stadiums they're attacking right now were seen by FIFA to be standard/professional enough to host the U-17 world cup in 2009.

1 Like

Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by Abdulkatcha(m): 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
this is the best stadium in the world, hahaha even my rice fadama farm no get water pass this field
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2017
Collyno82:
haven't seen such elsewhere except in our country

Use Google for information

1 Like

Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:34pm On Aug 03, 2017
Vision 3030
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2017
Any Nigerian home trained footballer that can compete with European or south american footballers should be commended. Those Europeans and south Americans start playing professionally from a young age with support from their parents but in Nigeria mama will kill you if u kick ball sef. Even after u manage to scale through to the local clubs, the training and everything is wack. It's just like our educational system and the reason why foreign-trained/bred nigerians always excel outside.
Re: These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League by enomakos(m): 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
It is well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi Gives Out His Jersey To A Little Boy That Asked For It In Maseru / Marcus Rashford Breaks Up With Lucia Loi, His Girlfriend Over Lockdown Pressures / Obafemi Martins Flaunts His N162M Lamborghini (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.