Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? (23580 Views)

My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? / What Would You Do To Him If He Is Your Son At The Moment(Photo) / Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Destined2win: 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
One of the reasons why I come here is because I desire to learn from people who are already in the 'business' of marriage. This is borne out of a dream to have an exceptional home; a marriage where I will smile all day because I am married; a marriage where the blessings of marriage surround me. I know I am not alone in this as there are a lot of young men like me who have such desires in their heart.

So if you are married and your opinion is being sought, it is because we don't wanna make mistakes. We want to know what works and what doesn't work.

Supposing you have a son or daughter who desires to get married or is about to get married and you want that child's marriage to succeed, what will be your greatest advise to that child of yours?

Please tell stories where applicable.

Thanks!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by dingbang(m): 6:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
Married folks pls advise me
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by smartty68(m): 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
I equally need these advise as well

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by swegiedon(m): 6:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
Marriage is an institution with ups and down

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Destined2win: 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
swegiedon:
Marriage is an institution with ups and down
What do you mean by "ups and downs"?
Kindly expatiate

3 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Kondomatic(m): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
Do unto your husband as you would like him to do unto you.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by swegiedon(m): 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2017
Destined2win:
What do you mean by "ups and downs"?
Kindly expatiate
there will be obstacles,disagreement and load of problems that comes with every responsibility.it is during your early days of marriage you know if you married because of love or lust

8 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Destined2win: 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
Kondomatic:
Do unto your husband as you would like him to do unto you.
Cool advise but a lot of young couples would want specifics

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Destined2win: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
swegiedon:
there will be obstacles,disagreement and load of problems that comes with every responsibility.it is during your early days of marriage you know if you married because of love or lust
Deep words really

5 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
Marriage is an institution. Once you're wedded you're given marriage certificate but there's no graduation. Your syllabus is your spouse, so do well to study him/her very well. Marry your best friend and not out of pity.

This is my advice, and hope to learn from others.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by goodmorning40: 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
Respect the law of nature "do to others what u want them do to u". Be ready for tolerance because there is no one perfect
Be sensitive, respect her and expect discomforts especially when the kids start coming

Marriage is not anything near rossy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by subtlemee(f): 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
Fidelity and respect

6 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Destined2win: 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
Lalasticlala...Please can you help here
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Destined2win: 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2017
subtlemee:
Fidelity and respect
Yeah. I agree both mean everything in marriage.
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Destined2win: 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2017
goodmorning40:
Respect the law of nature "do to others what u want them do to u". Be ready for tolerance because there is no one perfect
Be sensitive, respect her and expect discomforts especially when the kids start coming

Marriage is not anything near rossy
Please what do you mean by "discomfort? Thanks
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Destined2win: 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
Benita27:
Marriage is an institution. Once you're wedded you're given marriage certificate but there's no graduation. Your syllabus is your spouse, so do well to study him/her very well. Marry your best friend and not out of pity.

This is my advice, and hope to learn from others.
So you mean one can never know all about his spouse?

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by TINALETC3(f): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
Exactly Wat my mum told me
Neva jump to a man bc of money, attitude first.
Kama is unavoidable, treat ur brothers wives d same way u wnt 2 b treated in ur husband home. Neva speak wen ur husband is angry and shouting at u,4 dat wl make hm raise his hand on u, neva argue with hm. Instead, talk 2 hm wen his anger cools
I stop here abeg, it's many cool, God bless my mum 4 me, she did well
Anytime I hv problem wt my brothers, she keeps reminding me dat am a woman, if I keep reacting violently 2 dem, I wl bhave d same way in my husband's home.

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by holatin(m): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
if na daughter

I go tell her

Fvck your husband to stupor every morning so his penis wount go erect during the day while he is with other women.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by burkingx(f): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
cool

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2017

You are going to have issues and sometimes you are going to hate the person lying next to you and ask yourself why you married him/her but as long as u hold tightly to that love and care that made you marry em you will overcome so marry someone you have a lot in common with so there will always be something to talk about because when you communicate you can work better on any issues either of you are facing

marry someone that's frugal because you are gonna have to save for your kids college tuition to give them the best education you can.

Marry someone that motivates you to be a better version of yourself

marry someone you know you can talk to and will listen

lastly

marry someone that makes you happy

marriage is hard work but if you are willing to put in effort you can make it fun and enjoyable

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by ProudtobeaMUMUM(m): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
I would advice them that they should not marry a Igbo, please if you are a pig just quote me, nnamdi kanu said so

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by seXytOhbAd(m): 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
Disclaimer: The commenter above me is clearly a cheap prostitute. Pay him no attention.

Son: Women are hard to please. Women are also a little bit crazy. That's why they may want to argue ,just to "spice" up the relationship. They love drama. Just love your wife no matter how weird she is. Never lay your hands on her.

Daughter: Men are simple, baby-like creatures. Give them their respect and try to be as gentle with them because they have huge egos. If your husband cheats on you,don't act emotional. Just let him listen to your night prayers for that period, and pray against all the enemies of your home that God should punish them painfully...(or wake him up very early in the morning and tell him that you had a dream he died on his way to visit his side chick and went to hell). Remember, they are like babies. Also, try to squeeze as many promises out of him as you can. That will keep him on his toes.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by holatin(m): 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
if na man.

Never beat your wife instead threaten to marry a second wife if she no still hear marry a second wife

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Ajstyles01(m): 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by elantraceey(f): 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
I'm still searching for the best advice to give to myself ,,let me relax and learn from others.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by wunmi590(m): 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
G
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by seunny4lif(m): 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
Since I'm yet a father
I don't know what to say

What my mom told me is marriage is not easy ooooh grin grin esp after 10 years
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Sijo01(f): 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
Following bumper to bumper
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by VickyRotex(f): 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
Me too, I'm here to learn! Married folks, oya come and advise us. cool

PS: I'd say marrying someone who Loves and puts God first. Every other thing will sure fall in place.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by KayDEAN(m): 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2017
Q
Re: If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2017
My only advice is for them to have kids and make sure the kids play football or basketball.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wicked Anambra Woman Arrested For Child Abuse And The Little Boy Taken From Her. / What's The Funniest Thing You've Heard From A Child? / My Wedding Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.