Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) (5922 Views)

Yahclick Internet Service / Samsung Phone/pc Internet Connection / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by badaru1(m): 8:53am On Feb 11, 2010
Good day,please I need user rating of direct on pc internet service,are they good?
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by FBS: 9:16am On Feb 11, 2010
I never used it but I'm interested to know the user rating as well as cost/price.
Nothing of such was indicated on their website. Very annoying if you ask me.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by skymax: 10:27am On Feb 11, 2010
well, i'll rate them average. they are ok in terms of cost and service availability but somewhat poor in technical support. apart from their lagos office all other branches of DOPC dont respond to customer complaints (worst is abuja branch full of arrogant people). i've been installing DOPC equipment and i also use it presently in my company so i know what i'm saying. I'm talking about the DOPC Vsat platform. I rate them average.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by skymax: 10:30am On Feb 11, 2010
if you want more info on DOPC service rate, equipment cost e.t.c send mail to skymaxnig@yahoo.com. i'll be glad to respond to requests.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by tunde300us(m): 10:41am On Feb 11, 2010
Any ISP dat is supposedly cheap on entrance and the company is a nigerian based company,please run away from them oh cos as soona s ure hooked u will not have any choice than to stay with them cos of the cost of leaving for another ISP.
On a scale of 1-10 i will say 3 cos even if u go tru NL u wil see ppl wanting to sell of dem DOPC equipment
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by skymax: 10:52am On Feb 11, 2010
Dopc is not a new entrant in satellite broadband in nigeria they've been around for 14 years. The problem with foreign based satellite ISP's is they work with proxies who inflate cost and fail in keeping to the GOS agreement reached. Sometimes service is even interrupted for no reason and you cant get onsite tech support when its needed the most.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by henrychmz: 11:10am On Feb 11, 2010
I USE DIRECT ON PC FOR THE CYBER CAFE I MANAGE THEY ARE REALLY GOOD
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by FBS: 11:12am On Feb 11, 2010
How much does it cost to set up a DOPC Service for home/residential use?
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by skymax: 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
I can give you vsat for home use at 12k/month contact me via my e-mail skymaxnig@yahoo.com
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by tunde300us(m): 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2010
@skymax : Can u pls explain what u mean by foreign companies uses proxy and u want to tell me that ur holy DOPC dont ever go off .Pls stop lying here cos u want to sell a product,DOPC is a sorry ass company with little or no suport except pls upgrade your bandwidth and even at tht u will still come back in another 3 months with the same complain.

I wish those wo wants to invest dem money on it to try cos it will be useless tryingo to explain to them why they shldnt waste dem money on such.
U say u will get a N12K service for the man,why not tell him the bandwith he will be on and the contention ratio and see if he wont run away.
@ FBS pls buy it and come and tell us how good sir.

I rest my case ,
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by FBS: 6:18pm On Feb 11, 2010
tunde300us:

@skymax : Can u pls explain what u mean by foreign companies uses proxy and u want to tell me that your holy DOPC dont ever go off .Pls stop lying here cos u want to sell a product,DOPC is a sorry backside company with little or no suport except pls upgrade your bandwidth and even at tht u will still come back in another 3 months with the same complain.

I wish those wo wants to invest dem money on it to try cos it will be useless tryingo to explain to them why they shldnt waste dem money on such.
U say u will get a N12K service for the man,why not tell him the bandwith he will be on and the contention ratio and see if he wont run away.
@ FBS pls buy it and come and tell us how good sir.
I rest my case ,
hehehe. . . relax. I'm only making enquiries and it will be nice for the DOPC agent to post everything here so that others can also benefit.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by skymax: 9:33am On Feb 12, 2010
the 12k plan is not DOPC and the details are: 64_128kbps content ration of 1:4
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by tellmemore(m): 11:52am On Feb 12, 2010
skymax:

I can give you vsat for home use at 12k/month contact me via my e-mail skymaxnig@yahoo.com
How much does the equipment cost?
How can it be tested?
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by skymax: 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2010
if you need the cost send me an email so that i can give you every detail required
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by DisGuy: 3:29pm On Feb 12, 2010
skymax:

if you want more info on DOPC service rate, equipment cost e.t.c send mail to skymaxnig@yahoo.com. i'll be glad to respond to requests.

is it against the law to give others information openly?
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by FBS: 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2010
I tire. . .I've been asking for same since! cheesy
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by manp0: 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2010
It's not a crime either to be discrete with information. But any how, its 155k.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by tunde300us(m): 4:56pm On Feb 12, 2010
@ skymax : i think i have small doubt abt dis ur $80 ,64/128kbps 1:4 bandwidth,maybe u wanted to say 1:10,but even at dat me i no believe u sir.

I am sorry i am looking like a spoiler here but as long as i am in this thread i think i will challenge every statement i have some level of knowlegde on,especially when u make such claims to 16/32kbps for less than $100 dedicated cos thats what it translates finally.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by skymax: 5:06pm On Feb 12, 2010
@tunde300us Believe it or not that's how it is, 64/128kbps 4:1 @12k/month equipment cost 155k,
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by DisGuy: 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2010
manp0:

It's not a crime either to be discrete with information. But any how, its 155k.

so what's the point in having public forum then?
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by tunde300us(m): 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2010
if u say so skymax,but i do have my reservations especially if the satellite is one of those inclined ones. Enjoy man
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by kdaddy: 7:23am On Feb 13, 2010
@Badaru 1

I am presently using Dopc Unwired Modem.

Like all ISP ,they have their challenges, but to be fair to them, they keep working on them.

Advantages

1, The Modem is quite cheap to acquire ( Equipment cost is about N18,000)

2, Non Line Of Sight ( Indoor Equipment)

3, The Speed is quite good.

4,  Low Subscription cost (they have service plan as low as N3000)

5, No Download Limit

Disadvantages

1, Terrible And Callous customer care staff

2, Network coverage at least in Lagos is not 100%.So make sure you confirm signal availability before buying.

3, Poor Technical Dept.

Thank You.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by tunde300us(m): 4:38am On Feb 15, 2010
I dont think badru is talking about the broadband,cos from his messages he seemed to be talking about their vsat service.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by mikesleek(m): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2010
we used used their service in our office and all we kept on getting was increase your bandwidth. They are saturated and should make do with what they have already. For good service, you have to pay good money. That is not disputale. We are presently with cyberspace and they really are doing a good work, we are on 256/64 dedicated and not even a single complaint. Remote access works ok, exchange is perfect, all my servers work perfectly well!
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by Djcn: 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2010
@mikesleek pls what is the cost o the banwidth. I really tired of my dopc subscription.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by babamusty: 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2010
hello guys,there is no need to argue over Vsat connections,it is definitely the most expensive broadband connection everywhere when compared to other internet broadband connections.DOPC or Not there will always be a kind of problem or the other.Vsat is primarily meant for remote areas where there is no DSL or other high speed broadband services and/or backup for heavy user organizations.
So far so good there for there are 4 EVDO high speed broadband internet service in both lagos and abuja as well as HSDPA(3g)networks in major cities in nigeria.I see no reason why a individual user/SMB or a cybercafe with less than 30 computers will be using a VSAT instead of EVDO.
U can talk of poor evdo/3g connections its all lie,we nigerians dont understand how radio frequencies work,but i know for sure that we all use TV and radio at home.let me tell u,it is similar character all the frequencies have,they all need a good booster antenna to connect effectively.compare the reception of a TV or radio with booster antenna and the one with no antenna,u know the difference.
So,dear friend if u are not in the remote area stop talking of Vsat connection u dont need it.I have tested all the networks at a place where the signal strength is as low -107db,with this signal strength u will have poor speed.I increased the signal strength to -58dbm with a booster antenna connected to the modem,and the speed was fantastic compared to when it was -107dbm.
Your cost of vsat equipments only from DOPC will give u at least one full year subcription with modem and cellular/EVDO antenna.so think about it.

thank u all.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by tunde300us(m): 12:11pm On Feb 20, 2010
I think babmusty is kinda correct,y pay for vsat when ure not in a remote area !
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by mikesleek(m): 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2010
Djcn:

@mikesleek pls what is the cost o the banwidth. I really tired of my dopc subscription.

for cyberspace, dedicated access is about 170,520k per month unlimited download. There are cheaper options in the market. You have iway which is about half the price for dedicated but comes with a 4.5Gb download limit. But since i started out with cyberspace, i've known no downtime.
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by tunde300us(m): 2:21pm On Feb 20, 2010
@MIKESLEEK:wats the bandwidth on dat dedicated sir?
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by mikesleek(m): 2:23pm On Feb 20, 2010
tunde300us:

@MIKESLEEK:wats the bandwidth on dat dedicated sir?

you mean that of IWAY?
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by tunde300us(m): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2010
I mean ur cyberspace,u keep using ambigious words like dedicated access,what is the bndwidth on the dedicated access you are referring to ? Is it 64kbps/64kbps or wat sir ?
Or does ur own dedicated access means as much as u want to pull from the network or wat sir?
Re: Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) by ben2007: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2010
I have used DOPC and I think they are wonderful. I was tired of using iway and switched to DOPC by changing my hughes vsat modem. I guess; some ppl who are talking of slow speed on DOPCare using more than the recommended systems. we are using 6 PCs on 128/300kbps shared bandwidth plan and pay N266,300 or six months (so approx.44,400 per month). On the speedtest, we normally get 180-200kbps which I think is quite ok for this price. It is working very fine and they attend to the complaint promptly whenver we call. If u need good support from them; insist on the complaint registration number while talking to their technical support.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Neat Uk Used Sony Vaio 500gb Hdd, 4gb Ram With 1.3gb Total V. Graphics / Get 500MB MTN Free Data Via Mymtn App / STILL SELLING HOT: NEW AND PREOWNED GAMING LAPTOP DEALS...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.