Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku (2097 Views)

Labaran Maku The Most Popular Candidate In Nasarawa (Photos) / Biafra ‘Ministers’: DSS Puts Soludo, Utomi, Jerry Gana, Labaran Maku Under Watch / Goodluck Jonathan Hosts Ex-PDP Ministers, FFK, Labaran Maku, Others In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by omusiliyu(m): 7:49am On Aug 04, 2017
A former Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, says he does not know the so-called the pro-Biafran group, the Biafra Zionist Federation, which named him as the Minister of Aviation, following the self-declaration of the “Republic of Biafra” on August 1, 2017.

Maku, who said this yesterday in Abuja while fielding questions from journalists, stated that he remained a patriotic professional politician who is committed to the unity of Nigeria.

He attributed the rationales behind the call for division and separation to the failure of leadership and the refusal to give equal opportunities to all Nigerians.

He said Nigeria would remain relevant in the global community if it keeps its current population size, stressing that China, the United States of America, Japan, and India others were big players in the comity of nations in terms of politics and economy because of their population size.

“When somebody called that I have been appointed a minister of Biafra. How can somebody associate me with a micro in Nigeria? What does that tell you? It means there is confusion and desperation among the youths. You need to bring the youths together and reassure them that they have a future.

“A federation gives equal opportunities to all its children. We have structural and leadership deficiencies. The problem is lack of justice. So, we need truth to heal our nation. Some of these youths are victims of structural deficiency. When I heard the story of secessionist movement, you will see that these are youths that need counselling. They are victims of the failure of leadership and structural deficiency,” he added.

When asked if he was named a minister for being the chief scribe of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Maku said, “I don’t know them. I’m National Secretary of the APGA. I come from Nasarawa State. No party will be registered by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) unless its composition has national character. Don’t forget that APGA won election in Abuja and the House of Representatives seat in Nasarawa. So, it’s a national party. I’m not an Igbo man.”

Maku, who advised the youths not to lose hope in the country, said the Goodluck Jonathan 2014 conference should be used as a starting point to address the current challenges.

He said religion should be used as a platform for societal reformation and not a basis for running government and sharing position, warning that societies where religion and tribalism play central role in governance are riddled in crises.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/count-me-out-of-biafra-cabinet-labaran-maku/208455.html

Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by NwaAmaikpe: 7:53am On Aug 04, 2017
shocked

Though this is a joke, but
Maku should consider this a privilege to be nominated for a post despite his ethnicity.

If Biafra is granted Sovereignty,
These hypocrites who say they believe in a United Nigeria will be the first to come lobby for positions.

2 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by fk001(m): 7:59am On Aug 04, 2017
Sad so sad everyone is denying them, no one believe in their movement

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by okawanyi(m): 7:59am On Aug 04, 2017
Hehehe, maku is an AREWA
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by Otradearena: 8:00am On Aug 04, 2017
Tying to b relevant again. Where im dey b4!
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by Karlman: 8:02am On Aug 04, 2017
OK
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by omenka(m): 8:05am On Aug 04, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by IamLovely: 8:09am On Aug 04, 2017
waiting concern Maku for biafra land..
Na everybody una wan abduct put for biafra land ni?
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by Jaideyone(m): 8:20am On Aug 04, 2017
Lol no sane successful individual is interested in Biafra
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by DocHMD: 8:20am On Aug 04, 2017
Ben onwuka is just another charlartan like Uwazurike.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by Jaideyone(m): 8:22am On Aug 04, 2017
Otradearena:
Tying to b relevant again. Where im dey b4!
drug mules always think with their anus. Maku was on his own your your self-proclaimed president of Biafra cheesy Ben Owuka appointed him a minister. So rejecting the offer means he's seeking relevance? Smh
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by BabaRamotu1988: 8:27am On Aug 04, 2017
DocHMD:
Ben onwuka is another charlartan like Uwazurike.
only bloody gbegiri grinding demons will masturbate on this topic

Ipob we know
Kanu we know

Ewedu eating scumbags can go and die

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by Oladimejyy(m): 8:30am On Aug 04, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Though this is a joke, but
Maku should consider this a privilege to be nominated for a post despite his ethnicity.

If Biafra is granted Sovereignty,
These hypocrites who say they believe in a United Nigeria will be the first to come lobby for positions.
Biafrans are pigs and idiot-NK

4 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by iambijo(m): 8:31am On Aug 04, 2017
Mazi want to claim Nassarawa tru maku what a lame move
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by Oladimejyy(m): 8:32am On Aug 04, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:

Ipob we know
Kanu we know

Biafrans are pigs and idiots.no be me talk am oo na Kanu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by BabaRamotu1988: 8:38am On Aug 04, 2017
[s]
Oladimejyy:
Biafrans are pigs and idiots.no be me talk am oo na Kanu
[/s]
trash trash trash

Gbegiri eating vagabonds looking for punchlines but e no dey sell because even toddlers understood what kanu means

Kanu is greater than oduduwa itself
Buhari is a terrorist
apc is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
awolowo is a rat poison king
abiola of cursed memory is a rifraf
kiss the truth

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by clarocuzioo(m): 8:46am On Aug 04, 2017
"A federation gives equal opportunity to all its children" what we have today is as a result of structural deficiencies, if the Nigerian Government has given equal opportunity to all its children since after the war, we won't have this situation, people will come here and defend one Nigeria because they are benefiting from the status quo, but nobody have cared to channel same energy to addressing the injustices meted against Ndigbo which has been the root cause of all these problems, and you expect these people that have Ben disgraced, marginalized, dehumanized, suffered to fold their arms and watch you continue??
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by Oladimejyy(m): 8:48am On Aug 04, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash

Gbegiri eating vagabonds looking for punchlines but e no dey sell because even toddlers understood what kanu means

Kanu is greater than oduduwa itself
Buhari is a terrorist
apc is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
awolowo is a rat poison king
abiola of cursed memory is a rifraf
kiss the truth
So your father bears all that names you mention above

4 Likes

Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by BabaRamotu1988: 9:01am On Aug 04, 2017
Oladimejyy:
So my criminal useless father bears all that names you mention above
yes read again grin
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by MrOdyssey(m): 9:06am On Aug 04, 2017
Maku is one Northerner i hold at a very high esteem and once again he has proven himself to be an intellectual technocrate.

Notice the way he filed out answers to each question concisely and intelligibly without sounding spiteful at those who named him minister like the typical Northerner will do. Aside Magu, i give it up for Sultan Sanusi. These two guys are quintessentially refined northerner with no trace of arrogance nor penchant for violence in them, something peculiar to the average Northerner regardless of the level of education but i beg to differ the last point.

Religion will never and can never be an instrument for societal reformation except of course he meant reformation in the context of struggle by a particular religious sect for domination, Struggle by the other minority religious sect not to go into extinction which eventually causes political and societal instability, unrest, disunity, hatred ,fear and eventual collapse of the system.

Religion can and will never be an instrument of unity rather Religion divides so when we are talking about unity here, no pretentious hypocrite should dig up religion as a factor.
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by midfinger(m): 9:08am On Aug 04, 2017
I know that the only people that believed the first propaganda are the parasites who conjured it grin
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by CrtlAltDel: 9:41am On Aug 04, 2017
hehehe.....Bad news for "P**S & I**TS " grin grin grin grin
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by brize(m): 10:08am On Aug 04, 2017
fk001:
Sad so sad everyone is denying them, no one believe in their movement
Everyone is rejecting Ben Onwuka the yoruba and hausa hero.... you guys was praising him few days ago
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2017
Maku is among the lucky few. Who dare lives with Pigs and Idiots battling everlasting curse?
Congratulation Maku for a well engineered brain.

Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by Babacele: 11:30am On Aug 04, 2017
clarocuzioo:
"A federation gives equal opportunity to all its children" what we have today is as a result of structural deficiencies, if the Nigerian Government has given equal opportunity to all its children since after the war, we won't have this situation, people will come here and defend one Nigeria because they are benefiting from the status quo, but nobody have cared to channel same energy to addressing the injustices meted against Ndigbo which has been the root cause of all these problems, and you expect these people that have Ben disgraced, marginalized, dehumanized, suffered to fold their arms and watch you continue??
marginalization by who, when and how? For example , Gej administration for 5 years built 2nd Niger bridge; international airports , inland ports, and seaports; massive youth empowerment and job opportunities eg the immigration disaster; several industrial hubs and free trade zones , and top notch Technology universities etc

And you know it is Hausas that have been the councillors, lg chairmen, Nass members, governors, ambassadors, ministers from the SE since after the war and they have been the one handling all the budgets allocated to the SE since and especially from 1999 till date.

And of all the people stealing the resources of this nation , SEs are not among......

so tell us your marginalization narrative using names,dates and places .

We are waiting.
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by omowolewa: 11:33am On Aug 04, 2017
Maku of Nasarraw state?
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by clarocuzioo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
Babacele:
marginalization by who, when and how? For example , Gej administration for 5 years built 2nd Niger bridge; international airports , inland ports, and seaports; massive youth empowerment and job opportunities eg the immigration disaster; several industrial hubs and free trade zones , and top notch Technology universities etc

And you know it is Hausas that have been the councillors, lg chairmen, Nass members, governors, ambassadors, ministers from the SE since after the war and they have been the one handling all the budgets allocated to the SE since and especially from 1999 till date.

And of all the people stealing the resources of this nation , SEs are not among......

so tell us your marginalization narrative using names,dates and places .

We are waiting.

First of all your bigotic nature did not allow you to understand that Nigerian government is inclusive of Federal, State and Local, secondly it did not allow you to take cognisance of the word structural deficiency.
First why will Port-Harcout sea port not be working optimally like the ones in Lagos, why will an Igbo man go to Lagos to clear his goods and start bringing down to the east while he has Port-harcourt sea port close to his business area, why are the International Airports in the South south and South east not working like the ones in Lagos, Abuja and Kano,
Why does the south east have the least number of states in all the geographical locations, when was the last time an Igbo man become the Attorney General of the Federation, when was the last time an Igbo become
The President of this country, why was christainity not mention in the constitution of Nigerian but Sharia and Islam was mentioned, why will children in South east score 300 to gain admission into Unity Schools only for their northern counterparts to score 20 to gain same admission, yet their northern counter parts are easily recruited into civil service and easily becomes permanent secretary.
Why are there no diplomatic missions in Enugu, Port-Harcourt or Calabar.
Why is it that anytime there is any little crisis even outside the shores of Nigeria, the Northerners target the Igbos and massacre them, we have not forgotten so soon about the recent blood and baboon soaking in blood, how many Major Generals of Igbo extraction do we have, the list is endless and time will not permit me, even those that are more learned and politically exposed have admitted without restraint that truly the Nation have not been particularly fair to this Group of people, I don't know why you want to show yourself unnecessarily.
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by akpamuomenka: 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
clarocuzioo:

First of all your bigotic nature did not allow you to understand that Nigerian government is inclusive of Federal, State and Local, secondly it did not allow you to take cognisance of the word structural deficiency.
First why will Port-Harcout sea port not be working optimally like the ones in Lagos, why will an Igbo man go to Lagos to clear his goods and start bringing down to the east while he has Port-harcourt sea port close to his business area, why are the International Airports in the South south and South east not working like the ones in Lagos, Abuja and Kano,
Why does the south east have the least number of states in all the geographical locations, when was the last time an Igbo man become the Attorney General of the Federation, when was the last time an Igbo become
The President of this country, why was christainity not mention in the constitution of Nigerian but Sharia and Islam was mentioned, why will children in South east score 300 to gain admission into Unity Schools only for their northern counterparts to score 20 to gain same admission, yet their northern counter parts are easily recruited into civil service and easily becomes permanent secretary.
Why are there no diplomatic missions in Enugu, Port-Harcourt or Calabar.
Why is it that anytime there is any little crisis even outside the shores of Nigeria, the Northerners target the Igbos and massacre them, we have not forgotten so soon about the recent blood and baboon soaking in blood, how many Major Generals of Igbo extraction do we have, the list is endless and time will not permit me, even those that are more learned and politically exposed have admitted without restraint that truly the Nation have not been particularly fair to this Group of people, I don't know why you want to show yourself unnecessarily.

The children of anger with their tribal marks of iniquity can't answer these questions without insulting you.
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by clarocuzioo(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
akpamuomenka:

The children of anger with their tribal marks of iniquity can't answer these questions without insulting you.

I did not insult you, I was very careful with my choice of words to avoid insults, but sometimes when we see the way people wants to twist obvious truth even with glaring and proven facts, it makes you wonder about a lot of things.
Now the facts I stated I was expecting you to counter me with facts or engage me in a reasonable debate, but I did not see any, because you know the truth.
I am not a fan of Nnamdi Kanye, but he made an interesting statement, " I will destroy Nigeria with the truth", the statements of facts he has been making has not been countered by any reasonable argument, we were hoping the government ( Federal, state, and local) will collectively address these injustices so that we will have a reason to tell our son to soft pedal in his agitation, but no, people who are benefiting the status quo don't want it to be changed, we saw the drama that played out in the National Assembly recently towards restructuring, but one thing is sure, the status quo must be changed at all last levels, it's only a function of time.
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by clarocuzioo(m): 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
akpamuomenka:

I did not insult you, I was very careful with my choice of words to avoid insults, but sometimes when we see the way people want to twist obvious truth even with glaring and proven facts, it makes you wonder about a lot of things.
Now the facts I stated I was expecting you to counter me with facts or engage me in a reasonable debate, but I did not see any, because you know the truth.
I am not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu, but he made an interesting statement, " I will destroy Nigeria with the truth", the statement of facts he has been making has not been countered with any reasonable argument, we were hoping the government ( Federal, state, and local) will collectively address these injustices so that we will have a reason to tell our son to soft pedal in his agitation, but no, people who are benefiting from the status quo don't want it to be changed, we saw the drama that played out in the National Assembly recently towards restructuring, but one thing is sure, the status quo must be changed at all levels, it's only a function of time.
Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by Gotze1: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
Oladimejyy:
Biafrans are pigs and idiot-NK
Why na, what are you insinuating, you are trying to call them these creature below abi?

Re: Count Me Out Of Biafra Cabinet – Labaran Maku by Gotze1: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:

Ipob we know
Kanu we know

Hmmmm, according to our dilector.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EKITI 2018: Drama In Ekiti As Fayose Visits APC Aspirant, Daramola [photos] / Amaechi: If We Lose In 2019, We’ll Go Home And Rest / ....am sorry about this. wrong year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.