Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators (2516 Views)

Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB / Jerusalem As Capital: IPOB Turkey 'Diplomat' Ally Withdraws Support For Biafra / Igbo Must Produce President In 2019 To Pacify Biafra Agitators – Ohanaeze Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by sunnyb0b0(m): 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2017
anthony86:

You compare your friend loss of two containers than the loss millions of Igbo will lose whose businesses are spread across Nigeria. It is easier to make Onne port work than to actualise Biafra those are clamoring Biafra are just looking for a lazy way out of their political challenges by whipping up Ethinic and tribal sentiments simple, Don"t be deceive Biafra is all about politics

I choose to be deceived.

Don't cry more than the bereaved.

3 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by attackgat: 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:
I am asking these questions because I honestly don't know the answers.
Those agitating for Biafra secession, or anyone with the answers, how would these be resolved:

1) My family and extended family have properties all over Nigeria

And so? Nigerians have investments all over the world. Have they lost those investments for not being citizens of the country?

2) My family members work in the Federal govt. Do they quit there jobs?
If Biafra is declared, the Nigerians in civil service in the East will have to quit their jobs and make way for those from the East who will also have to quit and return home to take over those jobs.

3)I have family members in the Army and police with strong bonds to their colleagues from other tribes
They will have to quit and return home. The bond of frienship should not be as strong as loyalty to ones ancestral land

4) My sister is married to a Yoruba man and his best friend for life is an Igbo man.

There are many Nigerians married to foreigners from other countries, it has never been a problem. Everyone will just have to apply for the appropriate visa just as foreigners presently do

5) l have family members in various Universities outside Igbo land with strong undying bonds to people from other tribes

As in the above, everyone will just have to apply for visa and life goes on

6) Non of ndi Igbo I know who reside outside Igbo land seem to want Biafra, unlike in the '60s when ndi Igbo were willing to die for it

Biafra is about Igbos resident and living in the East. It is not about Igbos living in diaspora. But I hasten to add that many Igbos living in diaspora want Biafra. IPOB is still and internationally funded organisation by Igbos in diaspora

7) Many non-Igbo artisans have resided and worked in Igbo land for so long they are practically Igbo, also policemen and soldiers.

They too will have to apply for the right visas to stay
cool How about Igbo groups who may later want to seceed from Biafra or who don't want Biafra?

If anyone doesnt want Biafra, they should vote in a referendum to remain part of Nigeria

All I'm asking is: Isn't Nigeria too intertwined to be separated again? Isn't the genie already out of the bottle? Isn't it best if we find a way to live together instead of secessionist agitations?

Just asking. I don't have the answers. Those who do, please enlighten us.

Lalasticlala, feel free, if you have the answers

Czechoslovakia were together almost 80 years in 1992 when they split up into Czech Republic and Republic of Slovakia

Scotland has been part of Britain for over 300 years, 3 times as much as the life of Nigeria which is just a little over 100 years. It did not stop scottish people from agitating for independence and getting a referendum in 2014

3 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by Integrityfarms(m): 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:
I am asking these questions because I honestly don't know the answers.
Those agitating for Biafra secession, or anyone with the answers, how would these be resolved:

1) My family and extended family have properties all over Nigeria
2) My family members work in the Federal govt. Do they quit there jobs?
3)I have family members in the Army and police with strong bonds to their colleagues from other tribes
4) My sister is married to a Yoruba man and his best friend for life is an Igbo man.
5) l have family members in various Universities outside Igbo land with strong undying bonds to people from other tribes
6) Non of ndi Igbo I know who reside outside Igbo land seem to want Biafra, unlike in the '60s when ndi Igbo were willing to die for it
7) Many non-Igbo artisans have resided and worked in Igbo land for so long they are practically Igbo, also policemen and soldiers.
cool How about Igbo groups who may later want to seceed from Biafra or who don't want Biafra?

All I'm asking is: Isn't Nigeria too intertwined to be separated again? Isn't the genie already out of the bottle? Isn't it best if we find a way to live together instead of secessionist agitations?

Just asking. I don't have the answers. Those who do, please enlighten us.

Lalasticlala, feel free, if you have the answers

Stop thinking like a child. Open your eyes and read international treaties and Google is ever helpful

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by peterspp(m): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2017
That is a rusbish statement.... we are being cheated... deapite d fact that we are d one making d nigeria rich... oga we want to go... or restructuring dont b a fool igbos

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by blackfase(m): 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2017
The fact Britain just pulled out of the EU doesn't refrain their citizens from staying within same EU. If it actually comes to fruition, there'll be laws to protect people and their properties...

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by MyNewJackeT: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2017
freshest4live:

But the Onne sea port is there, what really happened to it?

You never chi chom chin, so you still believe onne is working.

This is a post from 2016

Read it

https://www.nairaland.com/2873405/onne-sea-port

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 3:37am On Aug 05, 2017
Ifeanyi4491:
Bro if you are from biafra land you won't ask such question.

Nwanne mu, a furu mu ala Igbo na anya. I just haven't figured how we will solve these issues.
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 3:55am On Aug 05, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

1.) Nigerians own properties in Ghana. The right to own property is a fundamental human right guaranteed by the human right charter to which Nigeria is a signatory. Your family's property in Nigeria will be protected under international law.

2.) When Biafra comes, there'll be job openings as Biafra will set up its own civil service, ministries and parastatals. People will be needed to man those positions. Besides, it's for the other side to decide what they want to do with Biafra working for them. A place like the North cannot survive without Igbo teachers, lecturers, doctors and lab technologists (talking from experience), so they may decide to retain some but it's up to those people to decide to stay or not. Nigerians work in Ghana, Cameroon, UK & USA.

3.) Biafra will have its own Army, Police, Navy etc. They'd be established by absorbing personnel from corresponding forces in the old federation who are of Biafran origin. They can maintain their friendship with their former colleagues. My best friend in uni was a Cameroonian.

4.) My uncle is married to a Ghanaian and we live together happily

5.) There are thousands of Nigerians studying in Ghanaian universities and they also have developed strong ties and bonds with those people. Coming from different countries shouldn't create a barrier to friendship.

6.) Let a referendum be called and let those people come home and vote. Democracy is a game of numbers where majority have their way and minority their say. I live outside Igbo land and I want Biafra

7.) Foreigners will not be sent out of Biafra. They'll have their rights guaranteed and protected. Have you ever heard of Ndigbo harassing foreigners in their land?

8.) The various ethnic groups will decide whether they want in or out at the referendum.

Shalom.

Thanks for your erufite and comprehensive answers. Let's just remember we will have no say in places like, say, Lagos. And they can now pass any law they wish including a law barring us from their country. Also, during the 60's the oil was in Biafra, which, to be honest, was part of what made Biafra very enticing. The Biafra of today will be landlocked - no seaport and no oil.
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 3:58am On Aug 05, 2017
attackgat:

And so? Nigerians have investments all over the world. Have they lost those investments for not being citizens of the country?

If Biafra is declared, the Nigerians in civil service in the East will have to quit their jobs and make way for those from the East who will also have to quit and return home to take over those jobs.

They will have to quit and return home. The bond of frienship should not be as strong as loyalty to ones ancestral land

There are many Nigerians married to foreigners from other countries, it has never been a problem. Everyone will just have to apply for the appropriate visa just as foreigners presently do

Biafra is about Igbos resident and living in the East. It is not about Igbos living in diaspora. But I hasten to add that many Igbos living in diaspora want Biafra. IPOB is still and internationally funded organisation by Igbos in diaspora

If anyone doesnt want Biafra, they should vote in a referendum to remain part of Nigeria

Czechoslovakia were together almost 80 years in 1992 when they split up into Czech Republic and Republic of Slovakia

Scotland has been part of Britain for over 300 years, 3 times as much as the life of Nigeria which is just a little over 100 years. It did not stop scottish people from agitating for independence and getting a referendum in 2014

Thanks for your erudite and comprehensive answers. Let's just remember we will have no say in places like, say, Lagos. And they can now pass any law they wish including a law barring us from their country. Also, during the 60's the oil was in Biafra, which, to be honest, was part of what made Biafra very enticing. The Biafra of today will be landlocked - no seaport and no oil.
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 4:09am On Aug 05, 2017
DocHMD:

We'll keep breaking down the Biafran gospel for knobheads to understand.

If you are a member of a dangerous cult (which zoogeria can be likened to) where you were unwillingly initiated, how do you get out?
Do you prioritize your life or your properties?

Nigeria is not a dangerous cult. Many Igbo people, including my parents, couldn't make it in Igbo land, but became quite wealthy (and happier) once they left Igbo land.
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 4:20am On Aug 05, 2017
xelly:

Then you need to ask a question. Eg WH and H should guide you in asking questions.

But people are giving very good and thoughtful answers
and solutions. U r the only one stuck on whether they are questioons
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by net282: 4:30am On Aug 05, 2017
Our ppl re blind
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 4:46am On Aug 05, 2017
paBuhari:
AFONJA!!!!!

Nwanne mu were ile gi gua eze gi onu. Many ndi Igbo who couldn't make it in Igbo land made it outside ala igbo.and are more fulfilled there. You are jeopardizing their years of labour, sweat, and tears. And for exactly what? Biafra in the 60s made sense - we had all of Easterm Nigeria including the only oil. I don't see how Biafra seceeding today benefits Ndi Igbo.
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 4:54am On Aug 05, 2017
zenmaster:

That's what I want - REVOLUTION by the youth of this country, united regardless of tribe. Punish the rulling class thieves​ for what they put the country through. We want Nzeogwu's detribalised idealism back.

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 5:06am On Aug 05, 2017
ozowarac:

So because you family has properties all over Nigeria you now want our Generations unborn to continue in a mesh called Nigeria? Your family properties are too small to used to compare with Biafra project.

In my humble opinion, the imput of different tribes makes Nigeria a more interesting place. Many Igbos who couldn't make it at home found success and fufilment in other parts of Nigeria. Please explain to me how secession of a land-locked, oil free Biafra favor those people
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 5:25am On Aug 05, 2017
attackgat:

Your answers, though very thoughtful, are a bit myopic. The term "Ghana must go" didn't come from nowhere. Going by the hatred being spewed here on Nairaland, you can multiply it a hundred times. Knowing human greed, expulsion of Igbos and annexation of their properties would be order of the day
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 5:29am On Aug 05, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

1.) Nigerians own properties in Ghana. The right to own property is a fundamental human right guaranteed by the human right charter to which Nigeria is a signatory. Your family's property in Nigeria will be protected under international law.

2.) When Biafra comes, there'll be job openings as Biafra will set up its own civil service, ministries and parastatals. People will be needed to man those positions. Besides, it's for the other side to decide what they want to do with Biafra working for them. A place like the North cannot survive without Igbo teachers, lecturers, doctors and lab technologists (talking from experience), so they may decide to retain some but it's up to those people to decide to stay or not. Nigerians work in Ghana, Cameroon, UK & USA.

3.) Biafra will have its own Army, Police, Navy etc. They'd be established by absorbing personnel from corresponding forces in the old federation who are of Biafran origin. They can maintain their friendship with their former colleagues. My best friend in uni was a Cameroonian.

5.) There are thousands of Nigerians studying in Ghanaian universities and they also have developed strong ties and bonds with those people. Coming from different countries shouldn't create a barrier to friendship.

6.) Let a referendum be called and let those people come home and vote. Democracy is a game of numbers where majority have their way and minority their say. I live outside Igbo land and I want Biafra

7.) Foreigners will not be sent out of Biafra. They'll have their rights guaranteed and protected. Have you ever heard of Ndigbo harassing foreigners in their land?

8.) The various ethnic groups will decide whether they want in or out at the referendum.

Shalom.

The term "Ghana must go" didn't come from nowhere. Going by the hatred being spewed here on Nairaland, you can multiply it a hundred times. Knowing human greed, expulsion of Igbos and annexation of their properties would be order of the day
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 5:40am On Aug 05, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

Shalom.

By the way the North that Arewa youths have given Igbos till October 1 to leave, that's the same north u say won't let Igbos go because they can't​ survive without Igboz
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by slam7000(m): 7:23am On Aug 05, 2017
anthony86:

You compare your friend loss of two containers than the loss millions of Igbo will lose whose businesses are spread across Nigeria. It is easier to make Onne port work than to actualise Biafra those are clamoring Biafra are just looking for a lazy way out of their political challenges by whipping up Ethinic and tribal sentiments simple, Don"t be deceive Biafra is all about politics

Why hasn't the federal government taken steps to make onne port work? Is the federal government unaware of the huge economic importance of that port?

Why should Lagos port be the only one that serves a population of 200 million people?

If I may ask, why is it less expensive to ship through Lagos than Onne? Why stifle businesses of those who ship through Onne. Isn't that wickedness?

Everybody converges at Lagos because the city has been designed to take the shine off other Nigerian cities especially the Riverline areas, tomorrow you'll hear of how Lagos has been accommodating and benefitting other non lagosians.

Why would Abuja and Lagos be the main international airports? Why won't the federal government effect good rail network to help movement of goods and people? Somebody will argue that the railway links are being worked on. Why would it take several complaints to make the federal government sit up when South Eastern states were excluded in the projects. What a very wicked set of evil and vindictive people running the government!

Fulani herdsmen are camped in the forests of delta states, they receive logistics and supplies from your security agencies. Presidential aspirants, politicians from the north send them 'relief materials'. They commit evil in other people's land but your security agencies look the other way. When the locals react, your army and police will respond immediately!

Tomorrow you'll hear them fighting and arguing that their great grand fathers had lived in those forests for centuries!

The same set of people will burn Igbo people's shops located in the north, kill innocent business men out of hate. Government will ignore them, kinsmen will contribute finances to assist family and you wonder why people are agitating for Biafra?

I was angry with Nnamdi Kanu for using vulgar languages but I will stop criticising him. The reasons people support him is because Nigeria as a country is filled with very wicked and very corrupt leaders who are out to destroy and not build. Yes Igbos are marginalised. It can not be over emphasised.

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by PFRB: 8:52am On Aug 05, 2017
Wetinconsignme....
I thought you were asking questions. Now why are you making arguments? ? ?

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:41am On Aug 05, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

By the way the North that Arewa youths have given Igbos till October 1 to leave, that's the same north u say won't let Igbos go because they can't​ survive without Igboz

Just watch and see. Oct 1 is not too far.

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:42am On Aug 05, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

The term "Ghana must go" didn't come from nowhere. Going by the hatred being spewed here on Nairaland, you can multiply it a hundred times. Knowing human greed, expulsion of Igbos and annexation of their properties would be order of the day

Ever heard of ICC?

Do you know why Fatou Bensouda visited Nigeria last year?

Do you know why Oba of Lagos panicked like a wet chicken after making the lagoon threat? This is 2017 dude.

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by DocHMD: 9:45am On Aug 05, 2017
PFRB:
Wetinconsignme....

We all know the guy is just being a mischevious zoogerian hypocrite wallowing in self-deceit.

They first open a thread pretending to be 'neutral" about Biafra, ask useless questions that have been answered severally, when you slam them with the truth, they reveal their anti-Biafran sentiments without even knowing it. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:46am On Aug 05, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

Thanks for your erufite and comprehensive answers. Let's just remember we will have no say in places like, say, Lagos. And they can now pass any law they wish including a law barring us from their country. Also, during the 60's the oil was in Biafra, which, to be honest, was part of what made Biafra very enticing. The Biafra of today will be landlocked - no seaport and no oil.

Go and study your map very well. South east is landlocked but Igboland is not landlocked.

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by xelly: 9:51am On Aug 05, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

But people are giving very good and thoughtful answers
and solutions. U r the only one stuck on whether they are questioons

They may not know the structure of question or may be reacting to your complain and you thing is an answer.
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 11:47am On Aug 05, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

Ever heard of ICC?

Do you know why Fatou Bensouda visited Nigeria last year?

Do you know why Oba of Lagos panicked like a wet chicken after making the lagoon threat? This is 2017 dude.

But Ghana went
Where was ICC when they were forced to pack there things in Ghana-must-go bags and leave
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 11:53am On Aug 05, 2017
xelly:

They may not know the structure of question or may be reacting to your complain and you thing is an answer.

I think u r stuck on the idea that questions only come a certain way. Many questions are implied. "Good morning" can be a question.
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 11:57am On Aug 05, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

Go and study your map very well. South east is landlocked but Igboland is not landlocked.

I have studiedy map. If we leave they must give us the whole East, otherwise we r being cheated
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by Warship: 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

But Ghana went
Where was ICC when they were forced to pack there things in Ghana-must-go bags and leave

ICC was created in 2001

Try that now and watch foreign investors shy away from your economy.

Ask South Africa why they fell economically behind Nigeria after their xenophobic attack.
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2017
PFRB:
Wetinconsignme....

I thanked them for their answers to my questions and solutions they offered, then I moved the discussion forward.
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by WetinConsignMe: 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2017
DocHMD:

We all know the guy is just being a mischevious zoogerian hypocrite wallowing in self-deceit.

They first open a thread pretending to be 'neutral" about Biafra, ask useless questions that have been answered severally, when you slam them with the truth, they reveal their anti-Biafran sentiments without even knowing it. grin grin

I thanked them for their answers to my questions and solutions proffered, then I moved the discussion forward.
Re: Sincere Questions For Biafra Agitators by sunnyb0b0(m): 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

I have studiedy map. If we leave they must give us the whole East, otherwise we r being cheated

Who are the we? D I have anything in common with a cone headed afonja like you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Named Third Fastest World Growing Mega City(forbes)2017(photos) / Breaking: Governor Willie Obiano Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock (photos) / Saraki to Tinubu: Despite Your Smear Campaign and Hatred for Me, You Should, At

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.