Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure (2240 Views)

Between Baguda's Rice Pyramid And Fayose's Stomach Infrastructure / Wal-Wanne Rice Pyramid Maiduguri: Buhari To Visit Borno / Giant Tilapias, Huge Cows, Rice Pyramid & Others Shown To Osinbajo In Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by Bimpe29: 5:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
Fayose became the Governor of Ekiti state in 2014 while Bagudu became Governor of Kebbi state in 2015, while Bagudu took N4bn to BOI, got counter funding and got 78,000 people cultivating rice (employment), my own governor Fayose took N4.7 to build the first flyover in Ekiti state, while the farmers in Kebbi have sold their rice to Lagos state (LAKE RICE) and have moved on to increasing their farm size, my Governor is still battling with how to complete the humongous project that won't provide a single sustainable job.

While the Kebbi state Governor saw the potentials in processing by partnering with WACOT to provide a N10 billion rice mill that have a production capacity of 100,000 tonnes annually; silos for storing 18,000 tonnes of paddy and a warehouse for storing additional 12,000 tonnes of paddy. When operational, it is expected to generate direct and indirect employment for 3,500 people and its procurement will reach out to 50,000 farmers my own Governor Fayose has approved the construction of another governor's office, another high court, reconstruction of the road to his village (even though its next to mine) for several billions of naira.

Kebbi state is not owing any salary and the state government didn't blame it on PMB whereas Ekiti is owing pensioners as much as 11months while civil servants have 6months unpaid salaries, the difference between these Governors is called good governance with the people at the centre of it.

If you think Fayose is your best Governor because he gives people 1kg of rice plus N500, you need to have your head examined especially if you are from Ekiti state, for those of you that are not from Ekiti state and assume Fayose is the best governor because he insults PMB, you are part of the larger problem, please go to your state and compare your Governor with Kebbi state Governor, after that, come back and make your comment

NOTE - Bagudu inherited N83bn debt from the previous government, he didn't blame it on the past government

Culled from Aduloju Olabayo's wall

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by jmichlins(m): 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
They will attack and crucify you for taking their hero to the cleaners. Just wait and see

4 Likes

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2017
jmichlins:
They will attack and crucify you for taking their hero to the cleaners. Just wait and see

What is the HDI (human development index) of the two states? That is how to compare not some political farming. By the way, a nation of farmers is a poor nation!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by ashjay001(m): 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2017
tuniski:

What is the HDI (human development index) of the two states? That is how to compare not some political farming. By the way, a nation of farmers is a poor nation!

Hear urself!?!? With all d viable cash crops available?

10 Likes

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
ashjay001:

Hear urself!?!? With all d viable cash crops available?
Yes, a nation of farmers is still a poor nation cash crops or not! Or do you think Ivory Coast is rich even as number one producer of cocoa?
Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by YorubaNigga(m): 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
jmichlins:
Fayose is your hero. He is a king to the pigs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by ashjay001(m): 12:29am On Aug 11, 2017
tuniski:

Yes, a nation of farmers is still a poor nation cash crops or not! Or do you think Ivory Coast is rich even as number one producer of cocoa?

Ivory coast was doing very well, but for Gbagbo's madness!? In actual fact, they where doing great!

6 Likes

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 4:38am On Aug 11, 2017
ashjay001:

Ivory coast was doing very well, but for Gbagbo's madness!? In actual fact, they where doing great!
Stop the rationalization, A NATION OF FARMERS IS A POOR NATION!

Please mention a rich developed nation of farmers.
Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by blackpanda: 4:49am On Aug 11, 2017
tuniski:

Obviously u cannot be more than 18yrs old otherwise u would have known that Nigeria's richest years (when $1-N1) was its farming years! Since oil took over we have become poorer and poorer. That is the oil your Fayose is lazily and greedily depending on to build flyover bridge. Ekiti will surely remain poor for a long time to come

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 5:00am On Aug 11, 2017
blackpanda:

Obviously u cannot be more than 18yrs old otherwise u would have known that Nigeria's richest years (when $1-N1) was its farming years! Since oil took over we have become poorer and poorer. That is the oil your Fayose is lazily and greedily depending on to build flyover bridge. Ekiti will surely remain poor for a long time to come
You are in a hurry to show your ignorance. Nigeria was/is not a rich nation. Expand your horizon and understand concept before making submissions.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by Deeldorado: 5:06am On Aug 11, 2017
tuniski:

Kebbi is on track by exploring the area where they have a comparative and competitive advantage which is farming and value addition through processing. Their Human Development Indicators may not be high now but that's a major step towards linkage-based industrialisation, job creation etc. which will improve living standards in the future. What is Fayose doing to improve Ekiti on the basis of its comparative advantage apart from some lousy stomach infrastructure financed via feeding bottle oil rents from Abuja? Kebbi is undertaking strategic governance while Fayose is promoting lousy governance. That's the difference.

5 Likes

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by GQman: 5:26am On Aug 11, 2017
It is quite unfortunate that a medium such as Nairaland which is a formidable tool to foster national unity is instead dedicated to fostering enmity between Nigerians. At this critical juncture in our nation's history, we need forces that unite and not those that divide us.

Anyone who is a regular visitor to Nairaland pages can attest tot he quality of the IVY (Igbo Vs Yoruba) education, that impressionable minds can acquire on its pages.
Everyone of us has a family member or relative who is married from someone of a different ethnic group.
Why is Nairaland dedicated to fostering and promoting tribalism
No doubt, it (promoting tribalism) is a business model as analytics demonstrates that it generates the most traffic/pay to Nairaland owners/operators. In that respect, is Nairaland any better than Nigerian politicians who use us against each other for their own profit?

Attn: Moderators
This is a free speech medium.
Stop deleting my posts. If you have any arguments, put them forth.

And I'll take the ban as you see fit.

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by omowolewa: 5:34am On Aug 11, 2017
I need Fayose to respond personally.
Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tayebest(m): 6:09am On Aug 11, 2017
tuniski:
India and China

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by blackpanda: 6:37am On Aug 11, 2017
tuniski:

You are in a hurry to show your ignorance. Nigeria was/is not a rich nation. Expand your horizon and understand concept before making submissions.

Smh

1 Like

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by slimfit1(m): 6:45am On Aug 11, 2017
tuniski:

HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAahAaaaaa " A nation of farmers is a poor nation " excuses me sir ma do you have sense at all ?

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 7:09am On Aug 11, 2017
slimfit1:

HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAahAaaaaa " A nation of farmers is a poor nation " excuses me sir ma do you have sense at all ?
If you don't get it, seek knowledge not beer parlour stuff. A nation of farmers is a poor nation: the Curious case of Ivory Coast and Switzerland as regarding Cocoa!
Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 7:11am On Aug 11, 2017
tayebest:

India and China
Wrong those are nations of rising human capital and industrialization. Do your research.
Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by agadez007(m): 7:28am On Aug 11, 2017
slimfit1:

It is True,that is a Sacred Fact
A nation of Farmers is a poor Nation and can never be Food Sufficient

Only Five percent of Americans are Farmers yet they are food-Sufficient and still have to give to Poor Countries while Nigeria with all her Farmers(up to 30% ) cant even feed Herself

1 Like

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by Akpuoru: 8:09am On Aug 11, 2017
tuniski:

Wrong those are nations of rising human capital and industrialization. Do your research.
Obviously you are one of the paper economists who stay in their cozy niches and concur statistics. You will be quick to mention DEVELOPED countries but always fail to mention the fundamentals of such developments; how it all started. Every nation must build on something. Study the economic developments of Nations from their primordial stages and not at their advanced stages as people like you often do; thinking you are smart.
We can develop our methods of agriculture to make it add more to our GDP no doubt but that is IF we have the foundation workforce (farmers). Come to Abakaliki and see how rice production has evolved with more people coming in and bringing newer and less stressful technologies. A lot more people are now going into rice production and this has improved the economy of the locals even though you will say it's not true since your opinion of developed economy is that of New York. We improve on what is and not what is not, my friend.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by Moreoffaith(m): 8:26am On Aug 11, 2017
tuniski:

Yes a nation of farmers is still a poor nation I agree with you, but is anything wrong with a state thinking out of the box to generate revenue and not depend on federal govt allocation alone??

Is anything wrong in creating job opportunity through farming??

Okay my brother tell me what you are defending.
Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 8:43am On Aug 11, 2017
Akpuoru:

Obviously you are one of the paper economists who stay in their cozy niches and concur statistics. You will be quick to mention DEVELOPED countries but always fail to mention the fundamentals of such developments; how it all started. Every nation must build on something. Study the economic developments of Nations from their primordial stages and not at their advanced stages as people like you often do; thinking you are smart.
We can develop our methods of agriculture to make it add more to our GDP no doubt but that is IF we have the foundation workforce (farmers). Come to Abakaliki and see how rice production has evolved with more people coming in and bringing newer and less stressful technologies. A lot more people are now going into rice production and this has improved the economy of the locals even though you will say it's not true since your opinion of developed economy is that of New York. We improve on what is and not what is not, my friend.
You tried but, still doesn't get it. A farming nation is different from a nation of farmers! Asking everyone to go to farm as a means of increasing GDP is poor economics. Afterall, agriculture already contributing most to our GDP.

Economic development is anchor on human capital not just some agric produce abi natural resource endowment. That is why nigerians mostly don't get it. Farming as first line agric activity is only going to breed even more poverty on HDI.
USA farm more than nigeria but, only by under 4% of it labour force. Switzerland doesn't farm a single seed of Cocoa but,a single company in chocolate/allied cocoa by-products is better than Ivory Coast!

Yes, a nation of farmers is a poor nation. What a single swiss company contributes in term of sustainable jobs, govt income, FX, CSR and lots more is beyond what the entire cocoa farmers of Ivory coast can ever do in a long distant years to come.

Industrialization, industrialization and more industrialization is the way to go!

The cardinal measure of development are power,communication and transportation from these, all others flow. Did you see farming there?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by MaziOmenuko: 8:49am On Aug 11, 2017
tuniski:

Jesu kristi!!! I am totally ashamed of you and this your disgusting comment. You too should be ashamed of yourself and if you by chance have acquired any certificate during the course of your life, you had better think of ways to return it to the awarding institution.

3 Likes

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 10:04am On Aug 11, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Jesu kristi!!! I am totally ashamed of you and this your disgusting comment. You too should be ashamed of yourself and if you by chance have acquired any certificate during the course of your life, you had better think of ways to return it to the awarding institution.
You too shallow. Get. Informed pls.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 10:07am On Aug 11, 2017
Moreoffaith:

Yes a nation of farmers is still a poor nation I agree with you, but is anything wrong with a state thinking out of the box to generate revenue and not depend on federal govt allocation alone??

Is anything wrong in creating job opportunity through farming??

Okay my brother tell me what you are defending.
You make the most sense from all those mentions I got. Kudos!

However, it is a boxed thinking not outside of the box to continue to ask everyone to go to farm. It is lazy brain. That is what I am challenging.
Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by ashjay001(m): 11:06am On Aug 11, 2017
tuniski:

New Zealand

I actually expected that question! Pple like u, with limited knowledge, are quite predictable!

Just to prempt u again,

Argentina

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by ba7man(m): 11:14am On Aug 11, 2017
tuniski:

A nation must first of all be able to feed itself before any form of development can follow.

How can citizens think and work towards being rich when food isn't available?

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by surgical: 11:28am On Aug 11, 2017
Bimpe29:
Fayose became the Governor of Ekiti state in 2014 while Bagudu became Governor of Kebbi state in 2015, while Bagudu took N4bn to BOI, got counter funding and got 78,000 people cultivating rice (employment), my own governor Fayose took N4.7 to build the first flyover in Ekiti state, while the farmers in Kebbi have sold their rice to Lagos state (LAKE RICE) and have moved on to increasing their farm size, my Governor is still battling with how to complete the humongous project that won't provide a single sustainable job.

While the Kebbi state Governor saw the potentials in processing by partnering with WACOT to provide a N10 billion rice mill that have a production capacity of 100,000 tonnes annually; silos for storing 18,000 tonnes of paddy and a warehouse for storing additional 12,000 tonnes of paddy. When operational, it is expected to generate direct and indirect employment for 3,500 people and its procurement will reach out to 50,000 farmers my own Governor Fayose has approved the construction of another governor's office, another high court, reconstruction of the road to his village (even though its next to mine) for several billions of naira.

Kebbi state is not owing any salary and the state government didn't blame it on PMB whereas Ekiti is owing pensioners as much as 11months while civil servants have 6months unpaid salaries, the difference between these Governors is called good governance with the people at the centre of it.

If you think Fayose is your best Governor because he gives people 1kg of rice plus N500, you need to have your head examined especially if you are from Ekiti state, for those of you that are not from Ekiti state and assume Fayose is the best governor because he insults PMB, you are part of the larger problem, please go to your state and compare your Governor with Kebbi state Governor, after that, come back and make your comment

NOTE - Bagudu inherited N83bn debt from the previous government, he didn't blame it on the past government

Culled from Aduloju Olabayo's wall
All this trash na for 2018 election it won't work for APC the next gov will continue from where he stopped no government can possibly finished all that is required within their allotted time , its just to be seen that they gave their best shot and the people of ekiti can attest to that.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
ba7man:
A nation must first of all be able to feed itself before any form of development can follow.

How can citizens think and work towards being rich when food isn't available?
Was Japan thinking feeding in a mountainous nation without any noticeable natural resources or farm land sef. Man must eat but, eat to survive not live to eat!
Haven't you noticed that 'the farmers' don't even eat the best of their produce?

Those with best human capital eat the best produce from a nation of farmers who can't do ordinary preservation!
Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by RoyalUc(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
GQman:
It is quite unfortunate that a medium such as Nairaland which is a formidable tool to foster national unity is instead dedicated to fostering enmity between Nigerians. At this critical juncture in our nation's history, we need forces that unite and not those that divide us.

Anyone who is a regular visitor to Nairaland pages can attest tot he quality of the IVY (Igbo Vs Yoruba) education, that impressionable minds can acquire on its pages.
Everyone of us has a family member or relative who is married from someone of a different ethnic group.
Why is Nairaland dedicated to fostering and promoting tribalism
No doubt, it (promoting tribalism) is a business model as analytics demonstrates that it generates the most traffic/pay to Nairaland owners/operators. In that respect, is Nairaland any better than Nigerian politicians who use us against each other for their own profit?

Attn: Moderators
This is a free speech medium.
Stop deleting my posts. If you have any arguments, put them forth.

And I'll take the ban as you see fit.

You are just simply great!
Please how do I get to hock up with you?
Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
surgical:
All this trash na for 2018 election it won't work for APC the next gov will continue from where he stopped no government can possibly finished all that is required within their allotted time , its just to be seen that they gave their best shot and the people of ekiti can attest to that.
Spot on!
Re: Kebbi's Rice Pyramid VS Ekiti Stomach Infrastructure by tuniski: 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
ashjay001:

New Zealand

I actually expected that question! Pple like u, with limited knowledge, are quite predictable!

Just to prempt u again,

Argentina
Very lame! Just improve pls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Members Shot By Army After Invading Home Of Nnamdi Kanu. Photos / Why An Igbo President Is The Solution To Nigeria's Problems By Nwachibuzor / Punch Article - Ambode Wrecks Buhari In Tinubu’s Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.