Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

My Son Is Not Interested In Politics – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Son Is Not Interested In Politics – Saraki (317 Views)

No Way For Tinubu In Kwara Politics, Saraki Tells APC / 2019: Why My Son Is Supporting Buhari – Okupe / Tinubu's Ex-Wife & Mother Of His Son Is Dead - Makeitglobal.biz (2) (3) (4)

(1)

My Son Is Not Interested In Politics – Saraki by Taeewo(m): 10:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
The President of the Senate , Dr Bukola Saraki , has ruled out the possibility of his son participating in the governorship race in Kwara in 2019 .

He said , at a Forum in Abuja that it was untrue that his son was being groomed as the next governor of the state .

According to Saraki , the boy is not interested in politics . That is not in the offing at all ; I am sure he doesn ’t even want to hear politics at all .

“You know it is not easy for children who are born to politicians , especially at this time , to embrace politics.
“When I was much younger , we were insulated from some of the political issues , and because we didn ’t read the newspapers , we didn ’t know what was happening.

“I reluctantly went into politics, you can go and check . Once or twice , I was given the form to run for House of Representatives , and I remember I just travelled and disappeared for months .

“After seeing what my father had been through I thought to myself that this is not for me ,” he said .
Saraki , however , said that the most important thing for him in the state was the legacy which had been left and the continuity and good relationship between former and the serving governor .

He said that his successor had also done a good job in transforming the state by creating an environment for entrepreneurship .

“In the agricultural sector , we have done a lot of things that drive commercial activities which are not in the blueprint of the country .

“Even in the universal health coverage which we are now talking about at the national level, I started that when I was governor , and now my governor has continued and built on that .

“This shows the importance of continuity and stability and today , we thank God that we are one of those states where there is a very good relationship between former governor and current governor . ” he said .
He denied insinuation that pensioners in the state were still being owed arrears dating back to when he was governor .

“Majority of the amounts still being owed are at the local government level , most of the state level pensions are not outstanding .

“There might be issues with pensions here and there but I don’t know the details. I know that the arrears and liability are at local government level, not at state government level, ” Saraki stated .

( NAN )

http://punchng.com/my-son-is-not-interested-in-politics-saraki/

Re: My Son Is Not Interested In Politics – Saraki by Mynd44: 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2017

(1)

Kaduna Pdp Accuses El-rufai Of Masterminding Attacks On Journalists / Leave Buhari Alone, He Has Not Violated Any Law - Senate Warns Charly Boy / $90 Billion Loot: Diezani Finally Breaks Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.