Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI (18382 Views)

COVID-19: Wike Reopens Markets In Rivers State / 10 Biggest And Busiest Markets In Nigeria That Are Saving The Nation From Hunger / Top 10 Famous Markets In Nigeria And What They Are Famous For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by samijay8(m): 8:15am On Aug 05, 2017
Basic123:

yIGBO begging for pity as usual!

Empty Chestbeating that is always proved wrong by reliable data,is in every yIGBO blood.

when an ordinary Igbo man selling okrika at
dugbe in Ibadan want to introduce himself:
My name is orji nkemba chukwumerije
-The Onwa Netilora Omudo1 of Uzoagba kingdom
-The eze gburugburu 1 of nkalagu kingdom
- Ogwuru mba ike 2 of Nmuidike kingdom
- Anu ana-agba egbe ona akpa nri 1 of onitsha kingdom
- Uba zuo oke of Aba kingdom
- Aka ji mba of Igbo community in Dugbe Ibadan
- Okeosisi of Igbo community in yoruba land.

ALL THESE TITLES,HE WILL BE RECITING IT HIMSELF
OOOO.
lol, person wey ibadan people go throw his okirika on him after all he finished mention the names

11 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by IloveMoney: 8:16am On Aug 05, 2017
Ever8054:
port Harcourt is mentioned, so remove it from your statement...

yes mentioned after kano and ibadan, just imagine...

i can bet my pen that warri and benin has more purchasing power than kano and ibadan..
Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Basic123: 8:16am On Aug 05, 2017
samijay8:
lol, person wey ibadan people go throw his okirika on him after all he finished mention the names

10 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by TundeHashim(m): 8:17am On Aug 05, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Benin city and co are not midweeks class than the eastern ones.
It's not by mistake that the largest markets in Nigeria are in the east.
You're saying this probably because you've never visited Kano or Lagos

10 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by IloveMoney: 8:20am On Aug 05, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Lagos and Ibadan made the list.

See, it's not about chest beating, The western region is economically independent, we are not PIGS AND IDIOTS Who can't survive in their region

Yorubas are the most successful, educated, intelligent and richest tribe in Africa and Nigeria

let me burst your bubbles.. so much for educated, successful, intelligent and richest.......LMFAO

https://www.nairaland.com/3966550/target-groups-see-what-british

1 Like

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Basic123: 8:20am On Aug 05, 2017
IloveMoney:

yes mentioned after kano and ibadan, just imagine...

i can bet my pen that warri and benin has more purchasing power than kano and ibadan..

If you are quoting a national bureau of statistics data we will have taken you serious.

Anybody can claim anything on this faceless forum.Benin and warri should be competing with the likes of Akure,enugu,and kaduna.

PH,Ibadan,Kano,Abuja and lag are not in there class.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by ipodstinks: 8:21am On Aug 05, 2017
IloveMoney:
And you expect a sensible person to believe ibadan and kano has more purchasing power than portharcourt, ontisha and Aba...

Kano that cant even feed its people and has the highest poverty and malnutrition rate in the country and the highest out of school children, highest vvf, highest almajiri, highest child illiteracy. same with Ibadan in the south. with the highest number of beggars and hungry people....empty mall and clubs...Last month i was in ibadan, i visited ebivande club which i was told was the biggest club in ibadan, to my surprised, it was only six people in the whole club, myself, my two friends and some ladies that we met at the club.. i was like fucck..we eventually left early in the morning.... so shameful., yet some ibadan peeps on Nairaland come here to form to make believe...smh

you afonja will not stop deceiving yourselves with your fake data gathering and media..these days it is easily for someone to put up fake data, attach it to a site or blog to make it look credible, post it on Nairaland and gbam it will make front page. then afonja will be dancing up and down in victory.

Pulseng and Naij being one of the leading afonja propaganda news outlet, i dont take them serious.
Cry well, well, it doesn't change what has been. We don't expect pigs and idiots to believe. Don't call yourself person, your dilector said you are pigs and idiots. So you must think like pig. Go and tell them you don't believe it. Haters gonna hate.

14 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Ohaneche(m): 8:22am On Aug 05, 2017
Basic123:

yIGBO begging for pity as usual!

Empty Chestbeating that is always proved wrong by reliable data,is in every yIGBO blood.

when an ordinary Igbo man selling okrika at
dugbe in Ibadan want to introduce himself:
My name is orji nkemba chukwumerije
-The Onwa Netilora Omudo1 of Uzoagba kingdom
-The eze gburugburu 1 of nkalagu kingdom
- Ogwuru mba ike 2 of Nmuidike kingdom
- Anu ana-agba egbe ona akpa nri 1 of onitsha kingdom
- Uba zuo oke of Aba kingdom
- Aka ji mba of Igbo community in Dugbe Ibadan
- Okeosisi of Igbo community in yoruba land.

ALL THESE TITLES,HE WILL BE RECITING IT HIMSELF
OOOO.
Read my message again. I have passed the level to engage myself in online bashing with kids.
Your quote is exactly what I am saying. Developing envy for a particular ethnic Group because the are moving high. At a point you went before us and told the whole world with your usual media tricks that we are not Igbo, today we have stood up to shamed u on that, and this time, in fact you jealous tribes will always have something to cook up against the industrious Igbo people just to discredit them. Wise up bro.
I used to behave that way with the brighter guys in the class when I was in school . Every intelligent guy of a class or a successful dude can relate with Ndi Igbo's position in Nigeria.
Goodbye for now.
Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by IloveMoney: 8:24am On Aug 05, 2017
StOla:

What is the population of Kano vs Port Harcourt? If I recall well, Kano state had the highest figure at the last national census, which can easily translate to a higher market also.

What is Aba and Onitsha? What are they purchasing there? And what business does a city like Ibadan have being in the same sentence with those 2 Igbo townships?

Because your boasts are now serially belied by facts daily, it should ordinarily lead to the feeling of denial your currently experience.

what is the population of Berlin, Amsterdam, london or even Toronto Vs population of Lagos, Abuja and Kano...and why do they have higher purchasing pwer than Lagos,Abuja and Kano? I dey shame for una educated illiterates.
Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by emmaodet: 8:27am On Aug 05, 2017
omenka:
Hain. Early morning your blood don dey hot already. embarassed

Av nt seen ur cal
Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Basic123: 8:29am On Aug 05, 2017
Ohaneche:

Read my message again. I have passed the level to engage myself in online bashing with kids.
Your quote is exactly what I am saying. Developing envy for a particular ethnic Group because the are moving high. At a point you went before us and told the whole world with your usual media tricks that we are not Igbo, today we have stood up to shamed u on that, and this time, in fact you jealous tribes will always have something to cook up against the industrious Igbo people just to discredit them. Wise up bro.
I used to behave that way with the brighter guys in the class when I was in school . Every intelligent guy of a class or a successful dude can relate with Ndi Igbo's position in Nigeria.
Goodbye for now.

YOU ARE STILL JUST BEGGING FOR PITY.

Anybody can claim everyone is envy him,when his poignant attitudes and characters left him to be hated by others!

You open your mouth and call someone else zoo animals,call yoruba pastors devils and expect the same set of people to love you back.

You guys are just too ridiculously selfish and illogical.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by NafeesaAA(f): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2017
People will calling VVF in the North as if they are calling HIV in Akwa Ibom, in reality Ebonyi has the highest VVF cases in Nigeria.

No bi me talk am, na USAID

9 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by mrskillz: 8:30am On Aug 05, 2017
Smoke this Igbo guys with facts like igbo till they humble and sit down

12 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by XKZ(m): 8:30am On Aug 05, 2017
NewsPoacher:

Lagos is the fifth largest economy in Africa and second largest
metropolitan city in Nigeria
. In the last few years, the city has been the major destination of foreign capital inflows (FCI) into Nigeria, accounting for over 95% of all FCI in Nigeria.

NewsPoacher:

Kano is the second largest metropolitan city in Nigeria, with a population of around 21 million people mainly merchants from
another part of the Northern states and neighbouring countries of
Nigeria, Chad, Mali, Senegal and Sudan.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by es144000: 8:32am On Aug 05, 2017
This cannot be true,when CBN started it's cashless policy it mentioned the cities with high cashflows and started it's programme from these states first. They are namely ;Lagos,ogun,portharcourt,onitsha,aba,abuja and kano.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by Omofunaab2: 8:34am On Aug 05, 2017
IloveMoney:

let me burst your bubbles.. so much for educated, successful, intelligent and richest.......LMFAO

What kind of slave mentality is this?

Why do you guys always crave for validation from others?

No wonder lamidi cownu validated that you guys were Pigs and idiots. . And you guys didn't object

Same whites said they met igbos like this

20 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by kn23h(m): 8:36am On Aug 05, 2017
The truth if the matter is that had Onitsha, the most backward city in nigeria, shown up on that list, Ibos would have called the source reliable grin

I'm not even stressed about the hate.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by mrskillz: 8:38am On Aug 05, 2017
IloveMoney:

what is the population of Berlin, Amsterdam, london or even Toronto Vs population of Lagos, Abuja and Kano...and why do they have higher purchasing pwer than Lagos,Abuja and Kano? I dey shame for una educated illiterates.

Read what u posted again and again. Check the topic of discussion, the n ask your self; am i logical? Am i reasonable. Do i understand myself...lol

8 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by kn23h(m): 8:39am On Aug 05, 2017
Ibadan keeps glowing

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by StOla: 8:43am On Aug 05, 2017
IloveMoney:

But you have already been informed about the purchasing power rating of Nigerian cities within the same national economy, so why the unnecessary denial and needless comparison to cities that are within different national economies to ours?

Or is there a smaller city in UK, Denmark or Germany with higher purchasing power than those respective national capitals and cosmopolitan cities you mentioned?

Stop beating about the bush and face the facts that are within your own national economy as already underscored by the cities you have mentioned within other national economies being superior to their less populated neighbouring towns.

Or you expect Newcastle to have a higher purchasing power than London within the same UK? Or Cologne to have a higher purchasing power than Berlin within the same Germany?

So why exactly will a mighty cosmopolitan Kano compare to a town like Aba or Onitsha, most especially when their respective state IGR already supports the fact of the purchasing power rating?

10 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by olowobaba10: 8:46am On Aug 05, 2017
THIS POST IS BS, WHERE IS ONITSHA ON THE LIST ?
Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by ipodstinks: 8:47am On Aug 05, 2017
[s]
Ohaneche:
Hmm. If Igbo had not been a very successful people no body would have taken that tribe serious. I am a blogger and I understand the media game by one ethnic group who despite their stong government backup think Igbos are individually overshadowing their light in the nation.
They have used the media to convince the gullible that Ndi Igbo are drug peddlers, kidnappers, dominant in nature and so on.
When you more successful than your counterparts they do everything to bring you down to their level and that what Ndi Igbo is facing in the hands of Nigeria today.
Igbo has the best skin tones and they breed beautiful offspring,
Igbos has the highest number of successful people,
In fact there are several clear evidences that other ethnic groups when they ponder on them, their heart breads jealousy for Ndi Igbo. I am not commenting based on the post but for some ugly comments.
I am Ikwerre and I love being called Onye Igbo. Wene
[/s]

9 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by delivryboy: 8:47am On Aug 05, 2017
Ohaneche:
Hmm. If Igbo had not been a very successful people no body would have taken that tribe serious. I am a blogger and I understand the media game by one ethnic group who despite their stong government backup think Igbos are individually overshadowing their light in the nation.
They have used the media to convince the gullible that Ndi Igbo are drug peddlers, kidnappers, dominant in nature and so on.
When you more successful than your counterparts they do everything to bring you down to their level and that what Ndi Igbo is facing in the hands of Nigeria today.
Igbo has the best skin tones and they breed beautiful offspring,
Igbos has the highest number of successful people,
In fact there are several clear evidences that other ethnic groups when they ponder on them, their heart breads jealousy for Ndi Igbo. I am not commenting based on the post but for some ugly comments.
I am Ikwerre and I love being called Onye Igbo. Wene
You are not Ikwerre, you are Igbo, Ikwerres are proud people who are proud of their identity and will never be allowed to be lumped under the pigs and idiot tribes who lie at will, always seek to shamelessly revise our collective history, greedy, drug peddling, kidnapping, children of baby factories, bullying fools.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by 9jasave: 8:47am On Aug 05, 2017
IloveMoney:

bullshit.. We are talking of recent news and statistics, you are give 18th century write-up.. I get am before no be property..

wakeup bro

12 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by kn23h(m): 8:47am On Aug 05, 2017

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by kn23h(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2017
olowobaba10:
THIS POST IS BS, WHERE IS ONITSHA ON THE LIST ?

This is where Onitsha belongs.

14 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by 9jakool: 8:48am On Aug 05, 2017
So everything I've been told my entire life is a lie? You mean to tell me that Onitsa didn't even make the top 20 in Africa or even top 5 in Nigeria. And this people will come around and tell us that Onitsa has the largest market in Africa or that the East is full of rich people with big mansions in villages and that the West is full of poor people in rusty brown houses.

I was not surprised when I saw Ibadan. Yorubas have had contact with other West African tribes centuries ago before colonial times. Oyo maintained diplomacy, influence and trade with ethnic groups and states accross West Africa. Till today, that legacy is still present as you can find Yoruba traders as far as places like Coutonou, Lome, Abidjan, Ouagadougou, kumasi, Accra etc. Even Kano made it on the list and it's no surprise as the Hausas also share this legacy of as well.

All these far fetched myths need to be debunked.

15 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by kn23h(m): 8:50am On Aug 05, 2017
9jakool:
So everything I've been told my entire life is a lie? You mean to tell me that Onitsa didn't even make the top 20 in Africa or even top 5 in Nigeria. And this people will come around and tell us that Onitsa has the largest market in Africa or that the East is full of rich people with big mansions in villages and that the West is full of poor people in rusty brown houses.

I was not surprised when I saw Ibadan. Yorubas have had contact with other West African tribes centuries ago before colonial times. Oyo maintained diplomacy, influence and trade with ethnic groups and states accross West Africa. Till today, that legacy is still present as you can find Yoruba traders as far as places like Coutonou, Lome, Abidjan, Ouagadougou, kumasi, Accra etc. Even Kano made it on the list and it's no surprise as the Hausas also share this legacy of as well.

All these far fetched myths need to be debunked.

Onitsha shouldn't be on the list. Have you been believing the lies by Ibo?

11 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by ipodstinks: 8:51am On Aug 05, 2017
IloveMoney:

this is the problem i have with illiterates like you...So when you talk of consumption, is it the people or the companies? most of those companies import their raw materials.

again why do you guys glory in foreign companies instead of your own indigenous companies...obviously Onitsha has alot of foreign companies but we hardly care because we have our own indigenous manufacturing outfit...

again IITA is a research institute and not a company.. it is in the same rank as University of Ibadan and other institutions in the state whether academic, research or affiliate institutions.

please stop exposing the fact that your parents couldnt afford good schools for you..Biko.
What is this pig and idiot saying?

13 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by olowobaba10: 8:51am On Aug 05, 2017
I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LANGUAGE OF SLUM PIGS LIKE YOU AND YOUR GENERATION IF THAT IS HOW YOUR WOODEN AND PLASTIC BRAIN WORKS, REST IN PEACE
kn23h:

This is where Onitsha belongs.
Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by kn23h(m): 8:52am On Aug 05, 2017
olowobaba10:
I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LANGUAGE OF SLUM PIGS LIKE YOU AND YOUR GENERATION IF THAT IS HOW YOUR WOODEN AND PLASTIC BRAIN WORKS, REST IN PEACE

Have you heard Kanu's latest outburst?

9 Likes

Re: Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI by ishua(m): 8:53am On Aug 05, 2017
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerains Are Suffering, Poverty Is The Reason Behind Kidnapping- Dangote / Cost Of Starting A Digital Photo Printing Laboratory (photo Lab) / Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.