Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,638 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Cars For Single Lady - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars For Single Lady (1758 Views)

How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? / Children's Hospital Unveils Mini-cars For Patients To Ride To Surgery / Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cars For Single Lady by Naturelle05: 7:49am On Aug 05, 2017
M
Re: Cars For Single Lady by smartty68(m): 7:54am On Aug 05, 2017
Naturelle05:
Hi guys

What kind of car will you recommend for single working lady that knows nothing about car and doesn't want to be visiting mechanic everyday.

My budget is 400-500k

Is Honda civic( 2001-2004) such a bad car?
I rather buy a scooter than to buy Honda Civic

That car leg can pull for Africa...! Kai
Re: Cars For Single Lady by AnaCheks(m): 7:54am On Aug 05, 2017
You can go for Corolla 2004, though u can't get it at that price
Naturelle05:
Hi guys

What kind of car will you recommend for single working lady that knows nothing about car and doesn't want to be visiting mechanic everyday.

My budget is 400-500k

Is Honda civic( 2001-2004) such a bad car?
Re: Cars For Single Lady by Naturelle05: 7:55am On Aug 05, 2017
smartty68:

lol why did you say that
Re: Cars For Single Lady by smartty68(m): 7:56am On Aug 05, 2017
Naturelle05:
lol why did you say that
I modified my post

1 Like

Re: Cars For Single Lady by Naturelle05: 7:56am On Aug 05, 2017
AnaCheks:
You can go for Corolla 2004, though u can't get it at that price
that why I started the budget, I CNT afford a Toyota corrolla
Re: Cars For Single Lady by torres89: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2017
picanto
Re: Cars For Single Lady by Naturelle05: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2017
torres89:
picanto
what year
Re: Cars For Single Lady by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2017
2001-2004 @ 400-500k?
Nne kolewerk.

I don't think Nigerian used will sell at that price _ let alone Tokunbo. Nurey, what do you have to say?

1 Like

Re: Cars For Single Lady by nurey(m): 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2017
PaperLace:
2001-2004 @ 400-500k?
Nne kolewerk.

I don't think Nigerian used will sell at that price _ let alone Tokunbo. Nurey, what do you have to say?

I have even seen Nigerian used for far less, but I have not inspect it anyway.

My sister bought hers 600k (American 2000 model auto with AC) when dollar to naira was 400+ and the engine wasn't good, the person who inspect it didn't do a good job, new changed for 90k borne by both parties (seller and buyer grin).

@Naturelle05, the Civic is your best bet, the European version looks more solid in terms of body and can withstand stress more than the American version.

You can even get the tokunbo of the European as little as 650k to 900k depending on year and type of transmission. It has a wagon too, so good, if you intend to use it as a transportation vehicle during your free times (for eggs, bread etc).

No civic experience leg pull, I have not seen it once whether it's European or American leg pull isn't associated with this model.

If you get one very clean without rust at 300 to 350 even if engine is bad, it will be good as the remaining balance can be used to source for engine and do solid leg works for the car which will give you peace of mind

European version pix attached

2 Likes

Re: Cars For Single Lady by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2017
And am loving Honda already
This pulling leg now na problem oo
Re: Cars For Single Lady by Naturelle05: 6:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
nurey:

My sister bought hers 600k (American 2000 model auto with AC) when dollar to naira was 400+ and the engine wasn't good, the person who inspect it didn't do a good job, new changed for 90k borne by both parties (seller and buyer grin).

@Naturelle05, the Civic is your best bet, the European version looks more solid in terms of body and can withstand stress more than the American version.

You can even get the tokunbo of the European as little as 650k to 900k depending on year and type of transmission. It has a wagon too, so good, if you intend to use it as a transportation vehicle during your free times (for eggs, bread etc).

No civic experience leg pull, I have not seen it once whether it's European or American leg pull isn't associated with this model.

If you get one very clean without rust at 300 to 350 even if engine is bad, it will be good as the remaining balance can be used to source for engine and do solid leg works for the car which will give you peace of mind

thank you very much was actually thinking of this

1 Like

Re: Cars For Single Lady by justarealist: 10:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
That's not true. i use honda civic and the leg has never pulled. 15months running till date.

smartty68:

That car leg can pull for Africa...! Kai
Re: Cars For Single Lady by sultaan(m): 11:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
Best car for a lady is the civic .

If you ever need tie rod order on amazon and it will last you 6 years guaranteed
Re: Cars For Single Lady by nams77: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2017
nurey:

Which year are you referring to sir
Re: Cars For Single Lady by nurey(m): 9:55am On Oct 06, 2017
nams77:

Which model are you referring to sir

My sister bought Honda civic Ameerican 2000 model.

I asked the op to buy the european version because it is always cheaper than the american spec

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

LANDROVER 4 Experts Attention Needed On Reprogramming...solution?? / Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. / Would You Call This Car Problematic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.