Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,810 members, 7,827,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Call To Vote Only Candidates Below 45 Years Old In 2019 Polls.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Call To Vote Only Candidates Below 45 Years Old In 2019 Polls.. (665 Views)

Bayelsa & Kogi Governorship Elections: INEC To Disqualify Candidates Below 30 / Crises In APC As Faction Tells Electorate To Vote Only Buhari In Lagos / Quit Notice: I Have Been In Bosso For 45 Years, Where Do I Go? – Yoruba Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call To Vote Only Candidates Below 45 Years Old In 2019 Polls.. by 400billionman: 11:16am On Aug 05, 2017
Dear Nigerian youth, time has come for you to take your destinies in your hands.

Do not allow this topic shock you. Here is the solution to the many problems of this country. For how long will you keep being consoled by the line, " We are the Leaders of tomorrow " ? Your tomorrow has come. Only a slow person keeps doing things the same way without getting a solution.

The majority of the Nigerian electorate is 70% youth population. By youth, i mean 18 to 45 years of age. Why are we selling our birthright to blind men who have become blind due to old age, slothfulness, stealing over many years without being questioned ? These men in context have lost all forms of conscience because they believe, that stealing is not corruption, no one can question them, "we steal because you don't stone us "...

It will be better for the Nigerian youth to fall into the hands of a fellow youth, than into the hands of perpetual old thieves who have so many years been in power and cannot remember what POVERTY tastes like.

This is not to state that our youths are clean, and cannot be corrupt, but considering a worst case scenario and repeated leadership failure in our country Nigeria, one can safely arrive at a conclusion that nothing good will come out from old leaders.

Considering the Meme attached to this write up, the current age of the President of France is 39, Luxembourg is 44, Belgium is 41 Canada is 44. Why can't we try this out in Nigeria ? Let us just assume it is a political experiment and bind ourselves by an oath that we won't vote an old man into any position. If it fails, we would know what else to do

Here are the reasons why it won't fail..

1. A young person without a political history will easily hear the cries of the masses. Let me say that voting a man who is still below 40 as governor, he has no political backbone, aside having a godfather, he will prefer to make the masses his godfather to ensure that he remains votable after his tenure.

2. I just saw someone mentioning Dimeji Bankole, right now, what position is Bankole holding politically ? None ! Why ? If a Nigerian youth messes up in power, it will be easier to vote him out for life out of politics, than an old man with so many political cronies who can always assist him in finding his way back into power to continue looting.

3. A Nigerian youth still remembers his roots. There is no Nigerian youth who grew up in this country who will not say that he has never tasted suffering. The system has dealt with everyone in one way or the other. In case he forgets his roots so fast, we can still remind him, at least he is still our age mate.

4. Wisdom does not come by old age, it comes by insight. There is an old African proverb which supports that wisdom comes by grey hairs. In practical situations, we also know that the grey hair brings frailness, slowness, dullness, weakness and sickness. Oh, youth where is your President ? We are about a 180m strong population and we don't have a healthy man in power..

We all know that the underlying problem of this country is corruption, but the truth is that we are not yet ready to fight corruption. If the police keeps accepting bribes, workers keep collecting tips before signing official files, politicians decamp into ruling parties to evade prosecution, and the ruling govt appoints people of questionable political history into power, then the country still has a long way to go.

Whatever the views may be, the salvation of this country does not lie in the hands of any man older than 45..

Re: Call To Vote Only Candidates Below 45 Years Old In 2019 Polls.. by lwise(m): 11:19am On Aug 05, 2017
I support this
Re: Call To Vote Only Candidates Below 45 Years Old In 2019 Polls.. by nwaanambra1(m): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2017
we can see how 45 year old kogi state governor is performing wonderfully well.

and we can also attest to how fantastically well dimeji bankole performed.

nansense! angry
Re: Call To Vote Only Candidates Below 45 Years Old In 2019 Polls.. by Donniefred(m): 11:24am On Aug 05, 2017
nwaanambra1:
we can see how 45 year old kogi state governor is performing wonderfully well.

and we can also attest to how fantastically well dimeji bankole performed.

nansense! angry

So what is your point?
Re: Call To Vote Only Candidates Below 45 Years Old In 2019 Polls.. by nwaanambra1(m): 11:34am On Aug 05, 2017
Donniefred:

So what is your point?

Well let me start with bankole - his leadership of the lower house is tagged the worst so far! accused of more than a billion dollar theft from the coffers of the lower house.

Kogi state governor with his numerous wives and concubines has almost run kogi state to the ground! salaries not paid for the 11th month now and teachers and doctors has been on strike for close to three months!

As if that is not enough, he awards contracts to his cronies and concubines who end siphon the money without executing the contract!

He is accused of running a draconian government in kogi state - even the NLC has begged the federal government to come to their rescue!

from funafuna you can tell how funafuna will be!

my point is - we will be worst than the present old leaders! period! angry
Re: Call To Vote Only Candidates Below 45 Years Old In 2019 Polls.. by goodmorning40: 11:43am On Aug 05, 2017
It doesn't matter who u vote for
What matters is who they want to be there
Re: Call To Vote Only Candidates Below 45 Years Old In 2019 Polls.. by Homeboiy: 11:46am On Aug 05, 2017
God forbid, I rather vote an 80 yr old than vote a 45yrs old

So far his a Nigerian, he's only going there to loot
With the mentality that his not the first to do it
Re: Call To Vote Only Candidates Below 45 Years Old In 2019 Polls.. by ogawisdom(m): 11:55am On Aug 05, 2017
Op is a lazy brain

Yaya Bello of kogi state is barely 40 yrs n I can see dt kogi is a paradise nw. Mumu op

Orji uzor Kalu was 38yrs as Governor of abia state n Abia is a paradise abi

Demeji bankole less than 38 as house speaker n he stole mercilessly

Chimaroke Nnamani in 1999 as Governor of Enugu state was 39 yrs n he nearly killed everyone n stole d state dry

Capacity and capability has nothing to do with age, lets vote d right man irrespective of age. Most young ppl in Nigeria care abt nothing but money they will suck the country dry n prove our elders to be learners in looting if voted into office.

Infact political office shld be for ppl b/w 50 n 65 yrs if u ask me. Young ppl shld first prove themselves in a career or business b4 politics.

Our problem is systemic with non functional institutions n agencies of government dt even if u bring an Obama to lead Nigeria it may not work. We need to restructure d country n ve strong laws against corruption

(1) (Reply)

What APC Told Us When Buhari Was Travelling. / Buhari Hypocritical On One Nigeria – MASSOB / Why East Will Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Igbos Elders Forum Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.