Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? (4542 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion / Folorunsho Alakija In The Mood Of Worship (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2017
O yes. Thats the level we are now. Laying bare the true nature of the work people did before they became a leader or a billionaire!

A thread was opened before asking the job of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu before he became IPOB leader. Going through the thread, you will notice that it is nothing but yet another smear campaign by the media to bring THE SUPREME LEADER OF IPOB AND NDIGBO down.

After what he was doing before he resigned was brought to light, they shifted goal post that "His networth is that of a Janitor in London". Implying that he is living large off the proceeds of IPOB which is a capital LIE. Lets move on.

Now to the main purpose of the thread. WHAT GAVE FOLORUNSHO ALAKIJA THE MONEY TO acquire a 617,000-acre block of OIL FIELD—now referred to as OPL 216?

A quick glance on her doctored Wikipedia page will show you that prior before " buying" the oil fields, she was

(1) Secretary at Sijuade enterprises (if ever true)
(2) Worked at a bank in Chicago (who will verify)
(3) Established supreme stitches (Who are they in 1992-1993)

Now if you check through the job this woman did prior before "acquiring" the oil field, none could have afforded her the money to acquire the licence to a 617,000-acre oil block —now referred to as OPL 216 NO MATTER HER SALARY. Quote me anywhere.

So to my fellow brethren in LIES AND PROPAGANDA what exactly did FOLORUNSHO ALAKIJA do to get the money to acquire a 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA

Mynd44 Seun TonyeBarcanista Omenka Igboesika Prodigy24 eastfield1 mormonslayer

Modified:

The people of the Niger Delta and South South be taking note. Because when you see this people attack Nnamdi Kanu violently, you don't understand what they are trying to protect.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by StOla: 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2017
I am happy this clansman above is miserable and even stupid enough to tell us the reason for his current agony is because he cannot tell us what the hunchback of Biafra was doing with his wasted youth.

4 Likes

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2017
StOla:
I am happy this clansman above is miserable and even stupid enough to tell us the reason for his current agony is because he cannot tell us what the hunchback of Biafra was doing with his wasted youth.

What exactly did FOLORUNSHO ALAKIJA do to get the money to buy a 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA

Simple question!

You people evaded the thread by prodigy24 because he was not smart enough to ask the questions that was needed. As you answer that please answer this,

Did Tinubu forfeit half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by BuariCopyPaste: 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2017
StOla:

Simple question and you are fidgeting like an epileptic lad undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by StOla: 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2017
ExcelNG:

What exactly did FOLORUNSHO ALAKIJA do to get the money to buy a 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA

Simple question!

So why did you ask a stupid question as the title of your thread?

You know she has an oil block, yet you are asking how a tailor became a billionaire?

Since clansmen are no better than alamjiris in intelligence, tell your village gathering that the military regime awarded oil blocks to whomever patriotic Nigerian citizen the government so desired.

Having the intelligence and business acumen to seek out foreign technical partners and negotiate a favourable deal to foot the bill, and then invest heavily to transition from an Oil Mining License (OML) to an Oil Producing License (OPL) is what makes the difference.

Go and educate your hunchback leader on this education you have so received. Also tell him to go look for a job to compensate for his wasted youth.

1 Like

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by LordKO(m): 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2017
The difference between an obvious wretched person like you and the rich/potential rich person is that while you and your ilks are parochial, selfish and self-centered (towards those close to you), conceited and prejudicial in your thoughts and actions the latter class is always liberal, altruistic and selfless (towards those close to them), effacing, and open-minded. Kindly embrace a change in attitude for good.

I have utmost regards for a poor person that is not small-minded but noble, and a rich person that is noble but no small-minded. However, I loathe all small-minded people irrespective of their financial and social stratum.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by StOla: 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Simple question and you are fidgeting like an epileptic lad undecided undecided

I am happy you are one of the miserables who need a place to gather and console each other for the disgraceful situation occasioned by the simple question of "what was the hunchback of Biafra doing with his wasted youth in the UK?"

Now go ahead and open another thread to show that it really pained you.
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by BuariCopyPaste: 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2017
StOla:

You know she has an oil block, yet you are asking how a tailor became a billionaire?

Since clansmen are no better than alamjiris in intelligence, tell your village gathering that the military regime awarded oil blocks to whomever patriotic Nigerian citizen the government so desired.

Having the intelligence and business acumen to seek out foreign technical partners and negotiate a favourable deal to foot the bill, and then invest heavily to transition from an Oil Mining License (OML) to an Oil Producing License (OPL) is what makes the difference.

Go and educate your hunchback leader on this education you have so received. Also tell him to go look for a job to compensate for his wasted youth.

The question is : How did a poorly paid tailor manage to acquire oil wells undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Eastfield1: 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2017
StOla:

Can you Just answer the damn Question
BuariCopyPaste:

The question is : How did a poorly paid tailor manage to acquire oil wells undecided
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by omenka(m): 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2017
StOla:
That Kanu's thread really cut them deep. cheesy

Even the company they eventually went to dig up claiming he worked with had a net worth of less than £900 as at 2014!!

Imagine that. grin grin

Was Kanu a begger? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2017
LordKO:
The difference between an obvious wretched person like you and the rich/potential rich person is that while you and your ilks are parochial, selfish and self-centered (towards those close to you), conceited and prejudicial in your thoughts and actions the latter class is always liberal, altruistic and selfless (towards those close to them), effacing, and open-minded. Kindly embrace a change in attitude for good.

I have utmost regards for a poor person that is not small-minded but noble, and a rich person that is noble but no small-minded. However, I loathe all small-minded people irrespective of their financial and social stratum.

While your utter despair of pauperism is not my business, please answer the simple question you tactically evaded;

Again, Is there a colleration between the salary she earned in her jobs and the price of 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA?
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Eastfield1: 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2017
omenka:

Even the company they eventually went to dig up claiming he worked with had a new worth of less than £900 as at 2014!!

Imagine that. grin grin

Ok.
we agree.
can you now answer the damn Question
BuariCopyPaste:

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by StOla: 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2017
omenka:

Even the company they eventually went to dig up claiming he worked with had a new worth of less than £900 as at 2014!!

Imagine that. grin grin

The pigdiot was even stupid enough to tell us how agonizing that thread was for the clansmen.

Another pigdiot even tried to defend the poor company revenue, saying it is a known fact that Nigerians (Biafrans) hide their financial status to avoid tax.

He just confirmed that the hunchback was a criminal in the UK.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Igboesika: 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2017
@ExcelNG.Arguing with one Nigeria crusaders is a total waste of time because they are synonymous with goal post shifting. If you like present all the facts, they must find a way to tell you another story even when all the men and women they worship today are criminals.

They said Nnamdi KANU wasn't doing anything before embarking on Biafran agitation, we gave them fact, they started singing another song by capitalising on his net worth.

That's foolishness and stupiditty at its peak if I must say.

They keep struggling to pull Kanu down while the man is busy gathering momentum.
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by LordKO(m): 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2017
ExcelNG:

While your utter despair of pauperism is not my business, please answer the simple question you tactically evaded;

Again, Is there a colleration between the salary she earned in her jobs and the price of 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA?

Small-mindedness is a disease. Only a small-minded person like you sees money as the most vital of tools one needs to attain greatness in business in particular and life in general. If you were to be smart, you ought to have observed that I answered the question in my previous submission.

Let me dash you a free success formula that has stand the test of time. Thus:

- Good attitude
- Valuable aptitude
- Vision
- Financial resources (just a little of it)

A smart person doesn't need to possess a billion naira financial resources before s/he can secure logistics and set-up a billion naira enterprise.

1 Like

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Nbote(m): 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2017
She warmed her way into d corridors of power during d IBB regime to get her own bloc....
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by StOla: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2017
Eastfield1:

Can you Just answer the damn Question

That you failed to see the answer to the question while quoting same answer, is an indication that you are terribly agonized.

If only I had any empathy.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2017
StOla:

The pigdiot was even stupid enough to tell us how agonizing that thread was for the clansmen.

Another pigdiot even tried to defend the poor company revenue, saying it is a known fact that Nigerians (Biafrans) hide their financial status to avoid tax.

He just confirmed that the hunchback was a criminal in the UK.

Lalasticlala take note of the nairalander calling another person pigdiot and clansman. Lalasticlala do your job. Somebody on this forum does the needful when you insult you insult people from his tribe. Its very obvious.

Stola what is the price of the 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA in 1993 and how was Alakija able to acquire it? Softwork?
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Lloydfather(m): 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2017
Among the prostitutes the military favoured back then
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by StOla: 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2017
If Kanu needs a job, he can apply to be a labourer at one of Folorunsho Alakija's construction sites.

His hunchback already qualifies him for the job.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by StOla: 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2017
ExcelNG:

Lalasticlala take note of the nairalander calling another person pigdiot and clansman. Lalasticlala do your job. Somebody on this forum does the needful when you insult you insult people from his tribe. Its very obvious.

Stola what is the price of the 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA in 1993 and how was Alakija able to acquire it? Softwork?

I am enjoying your misery.

Anytime you hear her name mentioned and see her name written, you would always remember that your paths cannot cross.

As for your question which was already answered from my 2nd post here, I can only direct you back to read with intelligence and not with an Eastern almajiri mindset.

Besides, why the anger at pigdiot? Who coined the name? Who told us most Igbo girls are prostitutes?

2 Likes

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by CrtlAltDel: 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2017
Hahaha…. I love the way we Afonjaaas are making the "P**S & ID* **S" wake up from being Ipob Jesus Zombies…… we make them tick……… .. just ask 1 question and you will see them running naked on NL grin grin grin
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Eastfield1: 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2017
StOla:

That you failed to see the answer to the question while quoting same answer, is an indication that you are terribly agonized.

If only I had any empathy.
OK
can you now answer the Question pls?
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2017
StOla:
If Kanu needs a job, he can apply to be a labourer at one of Folorunsho Alakija's construction sites.

His hunchback already qualifies him for the job.

Thats not the answer to the question. the question is;

How did Alakija's Salary as a tailor afford her the income to buy a 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA

Answer the goddamn question please before I get angry.

The So called people of Niger Delta and South South, hope you all are getting informed? We are talking about 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by ojobekehinde: 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
OP,the question u for ask us we afonja nah.what did obasanjo do?prisoner to billionaira man.
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by StOla: 2:01pm On Aug 05, 2017
Hahahahahaha!

What a blow to the ego.

"What was Kanu doing in London?" has resulted in weak backlashes.

Next will be "what was Kanu doing in a Lagos hotel with a prostitute?".

I bet the agony will be too much for the crying miserables.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by MetaPhysical: 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2017
ExcelNG:
O yes. Thats the level we are now. Laying bare the true nature of the work people did before they became a leader or a billionaire!

A thread was opened before asking the job of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu before he became IPOB leader. Going through the thread, you will notice that it is nothing but yet another smear campaign by the media to bring THE SUPREME LEADER OF IPOB AND NDIGBO down.

After what he was doing before he resigned was brought to light, they shifted goal post that "His networth is that of a Janitor in London". Implying that he is living large off the proceeds of IPOB which is a capital LIE. Lets move on.

Now to the main purpose of the thread. WHAT GAVE FOLORUNSHO ALAKIJA THE MONEY TO BUY 617,000-acre block of OIL FIELD—now referred to as [b]OPL 216?[/b]

A quick glance on her doctored Wikipedia page will show you that prior before " buying" the oil fields, she was

(1) Secretary at Sijuade enterprises (if ever true)
(2) Worked at a bank in Chicago (who will verify)
(3) Established supreme stitches (Who are they in 1992-1993)

Now if you check through the job this woman did prior before "buying" the oil field, none could have afforded her the money to buy a 617,000-acre oil block —now referred to as OPL 216 NO MATTER HER SALARY. Quote me anywhere.

So to my fellow brethren in LIES AND PROPAGANDA what exactly did FOLORUNSHO ALAKIJA do to get the money to buy a 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA

Mynd44 Seun TonyeBarcanista Omenka Igboesika Prodigy24 eastfield1 mormonslayer

OPL stands for Oil Prospecting License. Many of the super wealthy individuals around the world made money by staking risk against the odds of something promising becoming truly rewarding. Sometimes the risk pay off, other times it does not. The act of employing resources at the object is what is called PROSPECTING.

The Federal Government often publicise bid invitation for mining license. When it does those interested will submit bids and the winning bids get the license for exploration. The license is the OPL you mentioned.

Mrs Alakija may have been a fashion designer but her clients were wealthy, which gave her access to information and connection. Growth does not just kcome through skills and knowledge you also need a lot of interpersonal skills to relate and build personal interests. She was good at this. That aside, the name Alakija may be foreign to Ibo ears, but in Yorubaland the Alakijas, particularly in Lagos are well known as a wealthy family. Mrs Alakija's involvement in OPL216 is not individual, she sourced money from family and even invited investors to put money in the pool to bid and purchase the license. They were lucky that their exploration was successful and they struck oil.

When an explorer discovers the resource an OPL changes to OML, Oil Mining License, or Rights, which means they can now derive commercial rewards from their staked risk.

Wikipedia does not tell you the whole story about her. Matter of fact there was an event a while back, I believe a book launch at which Obasanjo had quipped that he made some of the VIPs in the room rich and famous. When Mrs Alakija had her turn at the mic she rebutted him and gave the story of how she struck wealth.

So Mrs Alakija's wealth is legit. Find someone else to pick on for your propaganda.
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by StOla: 2:08pm On Aug 05, 2017
ExcelNG:

How did Alakija's Salary as a tailor afford her the income to buy a 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA

The So called people of Niger Delta and South South, hope you all are getting informed? We are talking about 617,000-acre block—now referred to as OPL 216 in the AGBAMI OIL FIELD OF THE NIGER DELTA

The question you should have asked is why did Chevron partner with her?

Why did she have to give up a part of her stake in the field to accommodate the technical partners who funded the project?

Why did the Nigerian government award oil blocks to some Nigerians instead of only foreign MOCs?

Would the government have returned the cost of oil blocks that refused to produce commercially?

Why didn't the government invest its own money to develop these oil blocks?

You calling the "so called SouthSouth", is expected of a rat who wrongly thinks a lion would care about the barking of a dog. Instead you should be worried that the dog does not give the rat a hot chase.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by MetaPhysical: 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2017
ExcelNG:

You are ignorant. The OPL216 has since expired. There is no OPL216 in her posession any longer. Next...
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by MetaPhysical: 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2017
There are two types of Licenses issued to oil producers in Nigeria namely: the Oil Prospecting License (OPL) and the Oil Mining License (OML) with validity periods ranging from 5 to 20 years respectively.

All the Petroleum (Crude Oil) in Nigeria is vested in the Federal Government, whose sole responsibility it is to control the resources and only permit their exploitation under license, in accordance with the Petroleum Act 1969.

The State allocates acreages (Licenses) to operators in any such areas deemed to have potential for petroleum accumulation at the discretion of the Minister of Petroleum Resources. The allocations will be based on a set of criteria that would be made known to deserving companies at the time such blocks are open for bidding.

The State reserves the right to participate in the operations of any block and to determine the type of contractual arrangements between the Allotee(s) and the Government.

Oil Prospecting License (OPL)

This confers exclusive rights of surface and subsurface exploration for the production of petroleum in an area not more than 2590 km2. (1000 m2) in size. The OPL is granted in inland basins for an initial period of 3 years with the option of renewal for a maximum period of 2 years. For the deep water blocks and frontier basins the exploration period is ten (10) years, broken into two 5-year periods which automatically roll over unless otherwise withdrawn due to non-performance.

Oil Mining Lease (OML)

A Licensee who has fulfilled the work commitment according to Petroleum (Drilling and Production) Regulations of 1969 and the conditions otherwise applicable to the individual License may demand that the License be converted to an OML. An OML is granted upon confirmation of potential for commercial production of petroleum from the License. The OML grants exclusive rights to explore, win, produce and carry away petroleum from the relevant area. The regulation size is 1295 km2. (500 m2) and the specified duration is 20 years. Only the holder of an OPL is entitled to apply for conversion of Oil Prospecting License to an Oil Mining lease, through the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) for approval.

The production of 25,000 barrels per day is required as the minimum production level (commercial quantity) for conversion of a deep offshore OPL to an OML. However, for other areas, a production level of 10,000 barrels per day is required.
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2017
MetaPhysical:

You are ignorant. The OPL216 has since expired. There is no OPL216 in her posession any longer. Next...

Did you see where I said it is still active? Is Famfa Oil Limited is no longer active?

When it was active, how did she get the money to explore it?
Re: How Did Folorunsho Alakija Become A Billionaire From A Tailoring Company? by BabaRamotu1988: 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2017
[s]
omenka:

Imagine that. grin grin

[/s]
only a miserable soul thinks that a mere trashy post affects people who care less
shows how your entire life is centred around social media

grow up dude get a woman and make yourself happy
sadists die young
go and ask

anumanu

(1) (2) (Reply)

1 Daf Truck And 1 Iveco Truck For Sale Lhd / How To Calculate Proof Of Funds For UK Study Visa - Easy Step By Step Process / Latest Review Of Vidilook | Is Vidilook A Scam Or Legit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.