Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,585 members, 7,958,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:36 AM

Phone Slow In Charging - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Slow In Charging (413 Views)

My Gionee M6 Is Slow In Charging / Why Is My Phone Slow? 5 Most Common Issues / Is Your Android Phone Slow? See How To Make It Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phone Slow In Charging by Ayemileto(m): 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2017
Hi, phone geeks on nairaland. My Phone is slow in charging (takes up to 4hrs to reach full charge from 0%).

Checking the battery rating, it has a limited charging voltage of about 4.2 and a 2A current.

Checking the internet, I found out that the Limited charging voltage is the highest no of charging volts you should use to charge your phone.

All the chargers i've tried have a rating of 5v or more and a current of 500mA - 2A.

Now my question is what is the effect of charging with a lower current? Does it affect the charging speed? What negative effect will it have on the phone?

For the higher voltage, What is the risk of damaging the phone?

I currently have a roommate whose phone didn't reach the home screen as it keeps rebooting when displaying the brand name. The phone have been given to different engineers but couldn't be repaired because its an IC problem. According to my roommate, the problem started after he used someone's charger to charge the phone and apparently, the charger damaged the phone.a

The same thing described above happened to my phone this morning but it later booted. I charged it to about 90% from 40%+ with a charger of 5v and 550mA while the phone have a rating of 4.35v and 2A. What's your take on this. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Techno Phantom 6 Plus / Vivo X20 Coming Soon With Face Unlock Feature Within 0.1secs / Weekend Delight For Subscribers As Glo Offers 17 New Cars, 2,800 Microwave Ovens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.